All Comments on 'Emily and I'

by seattlejack

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604almost 12 years ago
A great story

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Well worth the 5 stars I gave it.

Thank you.

thebulletthebulletalmost 12 years ago
well done

here is a brand new plot in the LW genre. Good writing, real people, and emotionally fulfilling.

Well Done.

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 12 years ago
Like

The Story hope you write more.

Gale82Gale82almost 12 years ago
Very different

Intriguing for most of the story - although I think it soon became clear where you were going with the ending. Even so, it was so well written that I doubt anyone would give up before finishing it!

Mousse9Mousse9almost 12 years ago
Eating your cake and have it

Sorry, but I don't buy it. The betrayal, the sham, was just too big. It was a triple betrayal by Emily. Not only does she go out of her way to find Jacy while she was married, and thus cheats on her husband, she PRETENDS to marry Jacy as well, not telling him about her OTHER life. Not to mention her daughters. Triple betrayal.

Jacy is a MUCH better man than I would be in such a situation. Even after finding out, he allowed Emily to live her double life, let her eat her cake and have it. He didn't confront her, didn't confront her REAL husband or anybody else, because that would hurt Emily's children. Children he knew nothing about. As far as I can tell, he buried his head in the sand and allowed Emily's cheating (on practically everybody), for the sole reason that it'd hurt her kids if it came out.

Emily's only regret? That she couldn't risk getting pregnant by someone NOT her husband.

I find Emily an incredibly UNsympathetic character. In what way was she a good person? Yes, she's nice to people, good at her work, and I'm quite sure she's very "loving". Except that she's been lying and betraying the people she's closest to. How's that for a zinger? That fact changes EVERYTHING about her character.

Now I wish Jacy HAD let her REAL husband know about her double life. Because hey, don't shoot the messenger, Emily brought this upon herself. But ofcourse, she gets killed in a completely unrelated accident, having lived a happy life betraying and lying to everybody she "loves most". She did evil, and had not suffered any repercussions.

I don't know whether it's humoristic, or cringeworthy for Jacy to hook up with Emily's younger sister, and have "the other man" in dear old Emily's life, be the "uncle" to her daughters. What would the good doctor say about that if he knew?

Would any of you be as sympathetic if the genders were reversed? If a woman found out the man she married, was already married to someone else, with kids? And that HER marriage was fake? You'd be up in arms over it.

Is this maybe to advocate polyamory or something?

RePhilRePhilalmost 12 years ago
Emily the Skank!!

Bet her sister isn't any better. Really like your writing style and story line. Please keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
what about this is story is NEW and / or GREAT? * 1 star

This kind of reads like Matt Moreau story.... the husband does nothing. No matter how badly he is treated crushed beaten humiliated or shit upon. And what is worse is that if one follows the plot time line his ahem "reasons" cannot possibly be correct

this awful story is not in any way NEW... lol

thebulletthebulletalmost 12 years ago
the usual gang of idiots..

are weighing in with their list of auto-responses.

They have no ability to see outside their own little box of preconceptions.

It's what is wrong with America today. There is no such thing as compromise - no give and take - it's 'my way or the highway'.

..such little people

racoon1174racoon1174almost 12 years ago
I loved it

I always judge a story not only by the fact that I like the outcome but by how much I'm invested in the characters by the end. There's more to life and good writing then mustang driving independently wealthy supermen or devious amatuer james bonds who come up with vengence plans to rival any comic book mad scientist! Get out of your comfort zones guys and stretch your minds a bit.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 12 years ago
to the Bullet... off your meds today?

those who dont like the story have made it clear WHY they dont like the story. You may not agree .. and thats fine ... but so far the points they raise are coherent and rational. In fact most of the complaints are about the so called man Jacy not the wife.

so whats your problem asshole ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
interesting story

most of it i liked, there were some spots that were weak,especially his being a chuckhold and accepting it.instead of confronting emily. the sister part worked for me.]

I really hate the guys who alway want to destroy the women and are never happy untill some one bleeds badly or is dead. these people really having a problem with women period.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I liked it but...

Not sure of the premiss. If a woman is in so much love with a man that she would divide her life and stay away from her children 2 weeks a month, leaving them with a housekeeper, aunt, and mostly absent father; then it doesn't make sense not to divorce the first and marry the second. The kids would adjust, especially if Mom is very happy. While Emily sounds sympathetic, I think materialism must be part of her decisions.

I do like the courage of Jacey to stick with it after finding out.

Thanks, please continue.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 12 years ago
Not the old psychologist ploy again.. dont we get enough of this from OHIO>

...Something doesn't seem right here? ...LOL ...

wow this is fucking awful. Esssentially because he got a BJ in a VA hospital by a pretty Nurse Jacy becomes OBESSED with her for the rest of his life...to such a degree that he calmly accept that fact his wife is NOT his wife and his entire marriage is a fraud. No reason to be upset or anything .

But perhaps the worst part as entire story is the fact that the author uses the old psychologist ploy. Usually we see this sort of pathetic crap from the author OHIO. That author specializes in convincing the reader that up is down ...black is white ... and bullshit is truth.

Here in THIS story It's pretty clear that Jacy is mentally off his rocker and has a serious obsession with an idealized Emily. So when the friend/ psychologist is asking Jacy the so called Man / Husband ...a series a rapid fire questions... it only makes things worse by paralyzing him into inaction Any feeling or ideas that he ..Jacy ... may have are immediately dismissed because it's all about the lying cheating so called wife.

We never get to know why the psychologist is intent on making the entire issue about the lying cheating ex-wife...that well is not even really a wife.

If one were to follow this line of thinking ....nobody would ever be angry or get upset because after all it might affect the person who is lying cheating or committing perjury ...hurting other people ... murdering or raping... nd we don't want to hurt the feelings of those people who are committing the heinous acts and crimes.

And of course the whole thing ends up getting wiped out because the wife gets killed.

silly and a waste of time

solotorosolotoroalmost 12 years ago
Interesting premise, but ...

the charaters were not sympathetic. A woman who would periodically abandon her husband and allegedly greatly loved children to lead a secret life with another man? Married with two children and yet still obssesively trying to hunt down another man. What kind of person does that? Only the most selfish and narcisssitic type. Fuck her!

A man who willing accepts such a situation because of love? Bullshit, that isn't love, it's a severe twisted personality sickness. Fuck him!

By the way, from the description of his wounds, he was struck by fragments not shrapnel. The no fraternization rule is very important and not "crap" as only a non-hacker candy-ass would say.

You also need an editor with a good command of the language who will stop you using "loose" when you should use "lose". That sort of thing may make you a laughingstock, but I guess that's better than being a "laughing stalk". Giggling celery, anyone?

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
A little other story

In the earlier centuries mariners, capains have more wives in more Port town. I understand an Author got tiresome from the everlasting sexual minority willing cuckold stories and tried something others as a clueless cuckold story may be.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Sympathy

I just feel sorry for the poor husband doing every thing right and still being fucked over by a cheating wife. To bad he didn't find out and blow her out of the water. I wonder how many times she used that "do you trust me " line on him.

JennyBearJennyBearalmost 12 years ago
Very Good!!!

Not perfect, but I loved it.

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
Interesting set-up

and well written. But, when it all came out, I sort of lost interest. The wife was rather despicable, and her ability to hide her double life for YEARS seems improbable. I fail to see why she didn't elect a divorce from hubby #1. Sounds like he wouldn't have missed her too much anyway. Even with 50/50 shared custody, she would have seen her daughters just as much as she did living the double life. Of course, without that duplicity, there would have been no story.

So, I didn't really buy into the tale, but thought the premise and writing were good, though it just sort of petered out at the end.

I appreciate the effort and creativity, but cannot give it top marks.

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
I would also note

that the beginning of the relationship didn't ring true. I get initial attraction/lust ("love at first sight"-a misnomer, but whatever). I get that the two had a powerful sexual experience. But....how does that translate into his continuing obsession with her, and her with him? For YEARS! Despite her marriage and having children, etc., she is still hung up on a guy that is, as far as the reader knows, something of a stranger. The story would have had more resonance had the intial relationship been developed more than a recounter of her reading letters to him and giving him a BJ.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Harry is without credibility

Not that I agree with bullet. But, Harry is the biggest turd on this site. When it comes to attacking others because their view is different from his, he is king.

Harry, no one cares what you have to say.

Just because your wife stopped listening to your boring shit doesn't mean we should have to.

Go climb back into your bottle.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 12 years ago
Shut the fuck up you hypocritical anonymous coward....

...THIS TIME harrance actually read the story and his perspective is valid. (By the way other anon if you read this you can't have a "prospective" "on" something. It is an adjective) Harry hating anon. your rant is fucking hilarious as all YOU do is malign the persona not the analysis. Bullet is definitely out to lunch here, this story was way too hard to believe, the guy was the ultimate wimp in his denial,delusion and dependancy and the author gave us little understanding of a character imbued with only the expected qualities (good in bed and loves her kids).-But it was still better than most of the processed repetitive shit here, sadly. Author, what was the power of attorney thing about and what about the interesting box in the trunk of the car? Why wasn't the marriage license recorded and how could someone find TWO men that never checked on her worklife ......way too much missed here.Maybe I missed some but when you read a story like this you end up musing so much over the disjunctions that the focus ebbs.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 12 years ago
Oh yeah...

...I can't envision anything more gutless than attacking someone who is known by what they write from a shadow box in the ethernet. For christ's sake, it's the web chickenshit you won't have to ever really back up your bravado in real life, probably. At least form a track record, maybe state what part of the country you live in so people like me can prejudge you for the republican bigot you might be, or the cubicle dwelling vermin you probably are, or the liberal socialist we might mistakenly identify, or the sociopathic survivalist ex-con (Drugs, Felony Auto-theft), ex-congressional aid, ex-teacher, ex-lobsterman, ex-outward bound instructor and program director and some other things that I may be. See. It really doesn't take too much courage. It's all about not giving a fuck what someone thinks of you personally. I know harry doesn't care and I INVITE hatred, my dark master likes when I spread it but anons are apparently afraid of that so play their penumbric shell game.

thebulletthebulletalmost 12 years ago
did you people really read it?

Seattlejack has found a way to slide around the cheating wife cliches in the set up of this story.

He gave each player just the latitude necessary to understand his/her actions - even though on the surface those actions were guaranteed to piss off the LW patrol on this site. I thought it was pretty clever.

The writer found a way to have some rather valid reasons for the people to act the way they did. The majority of LW stories give no reason whatsoever for the actions of the wives, and the LW patrol is fine with that as long as she gets her ass kicked.

Both Jacy and Emily acted out of enlightened self-interest. (That means they evaluated the circumstances, knew the situation, and chose to do what was they thought was best for themselves.) To our LW patrol, that makes her a slut and him a wimp/cuckold or something, not sure what in these circumstances.

Just take a step back, sometimes, and try to interpret the emotions and motivations that are driving these characters. In this story, both leads felt that half a loaf was better than none.

Should she have told him she was married and couldn't get a divorce? Should he have dropped her as soon as he found out the truth?

The easy LW answer is 'YES!!!!'. The difficult real-life answer is 'but then I'll lose everything.'

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I enjoyed this story very much.

Not all stories have be all sex. I love the story line and found it believable. Not all stories are for all people, but for me I could and woud read more like this one. I will watch foor more work from this author. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Oh, WE Do Hope

for the sharing of more story, please!!!

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
My second comment

1. Bigamy is felony in our Culture Area, but it was secret for everybody except for her sister. So same to the Modern Figaro Type Revenge Stories, it was a succesful secret.

2. The first husband did not have his wife killed, because he would have recognized the sister's boyfriend. Her death was accident.

3. I wrote my POV about the cheating. My opinion is the next: The cheating biggest problem is not the humuliation, STDs, bastards (but this are important things), but the theft time from the other spouse to look for THE SECOND CHANCE. So the bigamist wife theft searching time to find a newer woman mate for himself- from her first husband. He was free for searching only after the deadly accident.

4. I think the story was interesting, because it was not the extrem boring willing cuckold stories with the POV of the cuckolds or the wives.

5. The Author could fix the story better, if the first husband would have had a mistress during his donating work, and he would have married her or he could have shown his girlfriend to the World. However the Author forgot this possibility.............Unfortunately

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Not bad, not good either but not bad. After all many husbands and some wives have got away with having two lives, two marriages. It happens all over the world. But the bullet likes the story so marks detracted because of that.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 12 years ago
bullet, did you really read it?

Well, I'm sure you did, but you did not understand, nor see the bigger picture here. Or you aren't willing to.

Seattlejack HAS given more backstory, and motivation for the characters to behave (namely, Emily) like they do in the story. But does that excuse their behavior? No, it does not.

For example, let's say some guy is really poor and is totally fed up with that. He gets a gun, puts on a mask, and robs some rich person. He now has money, nobody knew that he did it. In your case, because he was poor, he's totally justified in robbing someone. It's a valid reason. He's a good guy and should not be punished! That just doesn't fly, dude.

In Emily's case, it's even worse. She had no reason to find Jacy other than her obsession with him. She went from a happy situation, to one that is happier purely for HER. Her doctor husband, her children, Jacy, only got a part time wife and mother.

Enlightened self-interest? That's psychobabble bullshit. Leave off the enlightened bit, and you have Emily. Just self-interest.

"(That means they evaluated the circumstances, knew the situation, and chose to do what was they thought was best for themselves.)"

That is absolutely spot-on. Doesn't this count for every cheater? Others be damned, as long as it makes me happy, you've left that off. Again, that makes Emily a WORSE person, not a better one. What would her decision making process be like?

"I'm married, with kids. I don't want to divorce my husband. So, I'm going to cheat on him, and spend half my time with Jacy, the man I will pretend to marry, instead of with my real husband and children, and leave them all in the dark about eachother."

So, if I can steal your money without being known it was me, I'd evaluate the circumstances, and decide to steal it. After all, it's the best for me.

Did good old doctor husband know about the circumstances and make a decision based on the facts? Did the daughters? Why are you leaving them out of the equation?

Could Jacy make a well informed decision, before he discovered he wasn't even actually married to Emily? She kept EVERYBODY in the dark, nobody else COULD make a decision based on the circumstances, because nobody else knew the truth!

So please, bullet, do explain how the doctor husband made a decision based on evaluating the circumstances he knew nothing about.

"Just take a step back, sometimes, and try to interpret the emotions and motivations that are driving these characters."

This one is ridiculously easy to interpret, why are you trying to come up with other reasons for their motivations? It's Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is the accurate one.

I have no idea what Jacy thinks, but for Emily, like I said before, she wanted to eat her cake and have it. She wanted her family (doctor husband and kids) AND she wanted Jacy. What's so difficult to understand about that?

"In this story, both leads felt that half a loaf was better than none."

Now, that is not accurate. Emily felt that she needed to have TWO loaves. Jacy didn't know he only had half, before he discovered Emily's scam. Doctor husband and children didn't know they only got half.

"Should she have told him she was married and couldn't get a divorce? Should he have dropped her as soon as he found out the truth?

The easy LW answer is 'YES!!!!'. The difficult real-life answer is 'but then I'll lose everything.'"

You're joking, right? I'll be magnanimous, and actually respond to this. HOW will Emily have "lost everything" if she told Jacy she was married, with kids? At its worst, Jacy will have nothing to do with her. She'll still have her family (remember them?).

Jacy, he will have lost someone who has deceived him a fucking great amount. He will have lost someone who pretended to marry him. He will have lost someone who was only a part time wife to him. How does THAT equate to "everything"?

bullet, it seems to me you are trying WAY too hard to justify cheating.. You're basically saying that as long as it makes YOU happy, you can lie and cheat on your loved ones. The ends (your happiness), justifies the means (lying and cheating on those you love most). That's unbelievably selfish, self-centered (or should I say "enlightened" self-interest?) and callous.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
OWL SAYS TO SPARROW..................

@ Mousse9 1. The Bigamy is felony in the Western Culture. I think in Myanmar (earlier Burma) and in the Himalaya there were tribes where there is more husbandry custom.

2. Thebullet is the exact example for the Hungarian way of saying: Owl says to Sparrow "You are bigheaded!" (In Hungary we say simple "Owl says to Sparrow!")

He injured SS06's stories with that, SS06's characters find Second Chance women.

He wrote about himself in one of his comment, his first wife was a slut and he found a Second Chance woman a Suothern belle and he is happy with her! For the Hungarian way of saying (Owl says...) only JustPlainBob is bigger example, who wrote a comment to another Author's story, he wanted longer epiloge.......I read it with my eyes from about 2005!!!!!!

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
reading this i can't help but feel

i am glad the bitch is dead and hope she died in pain. what a skank cunt the author created. she just passed that pussy around like it was a toy at a party. part of the have my cake and eat it too generation. a little slow but good character development but the kids have to know they mother was a whore, at least in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Emily's quite the nasty little piece of work, and I can't help but wonder if she was sleeping with Dr. Bill as well. There's no other simple way of explaining the way Dr. Bill made a point of emotionally blackmailing Jacy into sitting back and aiding and abetting what he knows to be a criminal offense. Not once did he point out all the negative possibilities that could arise from Jacy doing nothing as he did, instead he pointed out a laundry list of things that "could" go wrong if he did the *right* thing - that is cut the relationship short. And yeah, that IS the right thing. There is no moral middle ground here. Emily was emotionally short-changing two families for her own personal gratification. She knew what she was doing was wrong and illegal, and therefore continuously lied and cut her family time in half so she could have the best of two worlds.

The ending is --- interesting and it makes me want to give points for creative story-telling but honestly, you make Jacy look like a massive CREEP with bad intentions insinuating his way into the lives of his dead wife's daughters, continuing to forward the deliberately deceitful notion by maintaining cover lies with the sister.

He just keeps on lying to himself and to others, and excusing it every step of the way. It feels like this is meant to be one of those ongoing stories where he ends up fucking the wife, the sister, the daughters, the neighbors and all the while justifying himself to the cuckold husbands.

In the best case scenario, he's doing exactly what he told himself he didn't want to do in the first place, risking exposing his former marriage to Emily. But that's meant to be "okay" too, right? The daughters will forgive sweet old lying "uncle", the cuckold husband will decide it's unfair to fault his fellow "victim" cuckold, and everything's hunky dory for the lying, cheating Jacy.

You're sacrificing character likeability for creative "relationships" that don't make a lot of sense. Jacy was clearly meant to be a good guy but instead comes off as an asshole. If that's what you were going for, you've achieved it, but it doesn't feel like it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

What a story, making a no good cheating slut look like a saint! NOT

thebulletthebulletalmost 12 years ago
so it is all either black or white?

seattlejack has given a story with many shades of grey to people who only see in black and white.

I don't remember writing anywhere that Emily was an admirable character - that I approved of her choices or that I approved of Jacy's choices.

But I do understand them.

The author has given his characters motivation that is very rare in these stories. Of course, to this crowd he is pissing into the wind.

The LW posse finds that point of view offensive. Most of them Republicans, no doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Don't lump all us repubs in one basket

The statistical lower end of the 'able to think critically' GOP spectrum is currently inhabited primarily by teapartiers and oh, what a party they're having. This war on women is a convenient distraction and thankfully we have stupid self-righteous eunuchs to prosecute it for us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Interesting story.

Nice twist, Emily the lying whore dies. Instead of the honorable thing of choosing one life or the other she wants her sugar daddy, absent husband and her true love. Time shared. Of course what she gets is poetic justice. Just another greek tragedy. But then Jacy isn't much better. Instead of forcing the issue he let's her continue the deception out of misplaced love, and so he got what he deserved too. But what the hell, loose one sister and gain another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Hey! It's a LOVE STORY

Have you no faith in true love? I have some life experience in such a situation, so I completely understand how Emily fell in love. Good job, seattlejack!

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 12 years ago
Commenting takes on its own life!

Folks, it's about the STORY! That can include SeattleJ's skills! The story is, IMO, overlong. The writing skills are OK, but a good editor would help. There are SEVERAL players who just appear as though they've been there the whole time. Dr. John appears for no good reason then disappears for the duration. WTF???

Jacy IS Aunt Jane's new BF, insofar as all are concerned. Dr. W is NOT playing active Daddy, he is busy fulfilling his dead wife's (apparent - more editing work) mission in Haiti! Jacy will become Uncle Jacy and can 'duplicate' the red Mustang before too long! Aunt Jane & Uncle Jacy will become the functional parents of the kids, with biological father making an occasional appearance! There is NO likely scenario where Emily's secret will be exposed. It MIGHT be different if Jacy were the biological father, but he has NO blood relationship with anybody critical in the story!

Bringing the current political situation into the comments is REMARKABLY inappropriate. Look at some of the older stories and their comments. Now think of how dated such comments will (hopefully) look in 6 years! Vote for Estes Kefauver!

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
I Loved This****

Love story thanks for sharing this very different and entertaining story.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 12 years ago
Mostly agree with Mousse9's comments

What is strange is that Jacy was not particularly angry with Emily for lying to him. She gains his trust while she is duping him. A sham marriage -- that's hard to swallow. Most men (and women) could never accept something like this and would react strongly to the feelings of betrayal.

But Jacy is passive -- does he have PTSD, is it because he lost 75% or more of his balls, or is it something else? He does not even think of having a girlfriend on the side, to be equal. He does not ever confront her. We must wonder if Bill, Jacy's former doctor and confident, had been schtupping Emily on the side (when they worked together in the military), and he still had feelings for her (and thus protected her)? Bill sure psyched out Jacy, didn't he?

I think most readers (myself included) were not comfortable with the passive, willing cuckold status exhibited by Jacy. It seemed wimpish. Let's face it, Emily was the one wearing the pants. She tied Jacy up and blew him while he was recuperating from war wounds. Pretty bold -- not only broke the fraternization regs, it is immoral and forbidden to have sex with a patient, who is vulnerable and dependent on the health care professional. When she was visiting every 2 weeks (that's all it was), she took over his Mustang, the muscle car. She also drove one in her other life.

Some like to dress the whole sordid thing up with love. If a guy has a lady on the side (and I'm sure Emily would not have been very accepting had Jacy done that and been found out), it's just sleazy sex and cheating, with a Bimbo, and the guy is a rotten bastard. But pristine nurse Emily, because she "loves" her two men, was not doing something bad? She was definitely selfish, both having her cake and eating it too.

I nevertheless enjoyed the story. It exhibited some originality. It made me, one of the readers, think about the moral dilemma. How best to handle a mess like this? As an aside, I find it amusing that "Thebullet" is down on Republicans. Presumably he/she is a Democrat -- yet most Dems want to outlaw private ownership of guns (and bullets)!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Loved it. Enjoyable read.

I'm not going to sit in judgement but just rate my pleasure taken. 5*

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 12 years ago
Interesting Romance

I usually despise cuck stories, but I agree with Bullet that somehow this one works. Flawed people making decisions as best as they can. I wonder if Dr. Bill knew. Hope the accident really was.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
So Bullit

Just how long has your wife been cornholing your ass with the strap on?

thebulletthebulletalmost 12 years ago
so bullit?

another republican asshole speaks his piece

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Left wing POV and the divorce in Europe............

@ thebullet I am left wing with my political ideas in Europe, which is the political relative to the Democrat in the USA. The right wing ideas mean such POV which wants more conservative life principle. The conservative POV meant to support the everlasting marriages without divorce in the Roman Cattolic majority countries. The divorce is new law institute in Irleland, earlier the divorce law was the result of the struggle of the left wing parties in Italy, Spain, Portugal. The divorce law was launched at the end of the XIX Century in France by struggle of the left wing parties with assisting the Free Masonry. To get rid of a cheating wife with divorce is left wing POV and idea in Europe, and in the USA????????????

thebulletthebulletalmost 12 years ago
duna...

perhaps it would be better if you posted your comments in Czech. They don't make any sense in English.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Bullet? Duna is from Hungary, you obviously have no idea about countries in Europe and what language they speak. You keep on posting your comments Duna if it pisses off Bullet then you are doing a great job.

ttom76ttom76almost 12 years ago
Comments better than the story

First, it was well written and thought through. It just didn't work for me.

FYI, I like Harry's comments about a story, they are usually spot on but I do wish he would tone down his derogatory comments. That said, I usually scan the comments first for his before I bother reading it.

This one however, had too many comments that made me decide to read it. Over long and still unbelievable. It reminded me of an English class where I had to write stories that I couldn't believe. I'd get good grades but toss the stories.

Politically, I am an independent. That said, why do so many comments attribute such spiteful things to one party or the other? A recent Harris poll found that the average tea party member had a higher education than the average Democrat. If you don't like their point of view (gun control for instance), spell it out. Diatribes without foundation take away from the commenter. (See Anonymous "Don't lump all us repubs in one basket" or TheBullets comments "another republican asshole speaks his piece")

I'd like to see a rule where the comments are about the story not each other

bruce22bruce22almost 12 years ago
Uau!

That is pronounced "wow".... Most interesting story and full of fascinating characters and moral dilemmas. Jacy does not feel like a cuckold because he is a share husband and there is no felony because there was no second marriage. He certainly is not sexually excited by the fact that Emily has a second lover and does not seem to be blocked by it. As he said, he chose the less travelled path. Naturally that means that we are not normally going to accompany him, and it is perfectly natural that we do not feel comfortable with his options. But it does make a really interesting story with three different romances fit into it!

thebulletthebulletalmost 12 years ago
a response

a) don't care where duna is from. thought he was a Czech. All I know is, he ain't a native English speaker and his syntax could be used for a show on Comedy Central.

b) Harry claims to be democrat, though I find it hard to believe. I personally am a life-long independent.

BUT: The very definition of conservative implies an unwillingness to accept new and different things. Part of this is their unwillingness to think for themselves. They need a leader (church/parent/politician) to tell them what to think, then they adhere to that concept like a terrier with a bone - even though they don't understand what they are supporting.

To state that tea baggers are more intelligent than other Americans is a ridiculous misstatement. The average IQ of the tea baggers is below the American average - which, btw, isn't all that great to start with.

My brother is a tea bagger with a degree from an exceptional college. He has never had an original thought in his life.

I don't care if you are liberal or conservative, republican or democrat or independent. But exhibit a modicum of logic. Show some thoughtful moments. Not every response should be knee-jerk.

Emily and I and The Death of a Cuckold were two stories posted today that were far above the standard fare in the LW genre here on Lit. And yet certain readers couldn't even read them without their standard knee-jerk response. Harry had to insult the authors for writing the stories. I'm called a wimp for actually thinking about the stories without an instantaneous reaction.

America is in a sad state.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Recent Harris poll? nope

I was a member of the Tea Party movement before it was taken over by religious zealots and social conservatives. Once those dumbass single-issue types grabbed all the attention we fiscal conservatives jumped ship. The current demographic in the movement matches the current demographic of bombastic commenter in this category: frightened, illiterate, opinionated mouth-breathing hypocrites bent on converting everyone to their narrow view of the world.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Why do many Authors write their characters to be dead in their stories?????

According to me this story was a good story. However I have an opinion about this 2 marriages at same time and that is negative. (The Lord of Fly is a sad book but it is excellent in same time) If it is felony or not felony, it is a lie the 2 marriages for both husbands. There are people who like riding on 2 horsebacks same time. However in Hungary this is an acrobat exhibation and the average riders can not accomplish this acrobat exhibation. She could not hide the 2 distinct life from the second husband and if the first husband had remained at home in Texas longer time he would have discovered with high percentage likelihood as well. Felony or not felony the first husband would earn the children custody with a good advocate and she would have had the second husband (if it was not felony) with every second weekend with her children. I think Jacy would have accepted her.............The accident was accident and as many other Authors run away from the good conflicted story plot, because the Author killed the wife. The Author killed Emily and the first husband did not do it.

Why do many Authors write their characters to be dead in their stories?????

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Re: Anonymous with Harris Poll in title

Love your comment about demographic of LW commenters. Thank you. Good to know there are others out there. And oh, btw, this was a good story and I gave it a 5 at least partially to piss off the folks you're talking about.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Mixed

Emily duped two husbands. She was a cheating wife. Married the first for money and prestige and married the second to take care of an old itch. The rest of the story doesn't matter.

By the way, don't continue the tale. No one cares.

HA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
traitor

swallowing a meaty cock, his cornhole buggered, betrayed!

LBuddGLBuddGalmost 12 years ago
A very interesting story

I liked the story. I would usually find his acceptance 'a bit' too much to believe, but YOU pulled it off. Now, an idea for an apect to use should you decide a story continuation. Along with whatever happens with the two new lovers and the girls; we find, through 'his own' testimony, that the doctor husband ALSO knew about the situation, and was accepting of it for the same 'loving' reasons. She found 2 men who loved her in the same ways. (Possibly Dr Bill knew about both -patient Dr privacy-.....& THAT's another possible testimony/story line).

OH yeah: An homage to SS06 - He shows up for date #6 in HIS re-painted, slightly changed Mustang, completing the connection for the 3 girls.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Without deadly accident

I did not find any trace about the humanist dr husband's knowledge about the second husband. He was a clueless husband in the story.

I think the Author run away the VERY INTERESTING CONFLICT with the deu ex machina accident, as a betrayed husbands in a Running Husband stories. Generaly we commenters/posters are accused , we only critizie the stories....etc..and there is not any positive ideas for the future of the characters...etc.

I tried a future for the characters without deadly accident in in my earlier comment here, and I try an elaborated future scetch.

THERE IS NOT ANY DEADLY ACCIDENT. I think the humanist clueless first husband accidentaly will discover the second husband secret. The humanist doctor is not a willing cuckold material, so he will get a good divorce lawyer (money-money). The lawyer will recommend him to reduce his humanitarian life for sake of his daughters, and he will find job and life in Texas together with his daughter. After this (lawyer advice) he will use PI to gather the data about his wife's life with the second husband. There are 2 routs:

1. Bigamy/felony and he earns the children custody (Simple the Best as Tina sings) and prison for the wife.

2. The interesting rout for the story. Not bigamy/felony.

2.1. The second husband life a very excellent weapon for the sake of the family just retired exhumanitarian husband to earn the children custody during the divorce proceedings with a super/hyper divorce lawyer. And an interesting WEALTHY retired exhumanitarian surgeon is a first aim for beautiful stepmom candidate husband hunters. HE MUST SELECT THE BEST SECOND CHANCE ONLY.

2.2. The wife will remain the second husband, Jacy would use the chance to live with Emily and they will live together. Emily would be the every second weekend with her daughter and 2 weeks in summertime, some feasts (Christmass....). The husband will not ask any children support from his exwife. The all 3 adult would be happy, but Emily will be the less happy (her children....) However the children have to learn living with a new stepmom and sometime the stepmom may be a good choice............

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I hope for more

I love this kind of story. I would really love to hear the rest if you can share

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzalmost 12 years ago
I think a continuation

would be nice.

rolyevansrolyevansalmost 12 years ago
No Ending

If you are starting a serial you should tell us. A double downcheck for no ending.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
no matter how she says it

she is just another cheating fucking whore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Enjoyed the clever story

But I don't know if, when I found her secret, I could have kept it. You have to be so blind in love that you can ignore reality. Hard thing to do.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Second Comment

Emily was a cheating selfish skank cunt whore wife to two men. Too bad she died. Fucking slut. Another chapter? What the fuck. Does the whore come back to life?

HA

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
What, cantbuymy? You never heard of passion overcoming a marriage of mundane?

And it turns out in the next chapter that doctor husband was fucking around on her so she was excused. Jacy was her first love and she lost him and could not find him. I have had a few "first loves" and I treated them well when I met them again. Emily was a little extreme with hers, I will admit. Incidentally, I read the last chapter first is the reason I knew about Alex fucking around on her. Thank you, seattlejack for writing this interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Jesus, CanBiteMe...

cantbuyme or canbiteme or whatever by any other name is still a fucked up piece of shit. How in hell do people turn out this way? Get help, dude. You really really need it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
no way

are you fucking kidding me? another fucking wimp...

1/5

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 8 years ago
Started off promising...

...but I felt the story completely destroyed because of that unsatifying plot you´re trying to sell. No way anyone would stay with a woman who leads a second life. Sorry..just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

dumb cuck shit.

gmann57gmann57almost 7 years ago

There are some who would accept the situation, Shit you have men that want to eat another mans cum out of their wives pussies, This isnt as sick as that. I bet the ones saying this cant happen are the 2nd hand blow jobs. I lost my wife to cancer not so long ago and would love to find another

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not a bad effort, but the contrivance is annoying.

So some college kid could find him, but this madly in love army officer could not? Like there was no solicitous general or medical records officer who could look this guy up and give her some details? OK, I know you needed that to make the plot work, its just lame.

As to the main plot, what does that say about the woman he loved? She was a cheater, and was depriving her daughters of her time so she could spend it with her true love. She was also a coward, and a bit greedy. Emily should have had the courage and ethics to admit the situation to her husband and daughters, divorced her husband of convenience, and married Jace, her supposed true love. She lacked the courage and integrity to do what was right, and that denigrates her character and really detracts from the story.

Not a bad plot, just a weak and disappointing woman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
just ok

Not a bad story but kind of pointless...

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 7 years ago
Totally Implausible

Exceptionally pathetic character with the backbone of a jellyfish. You want to prtray him as brave but he is nothing but a pathetic delusional loser. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It's working.

Haters gonna hate. That's for sure.

I think the story has legs. Things aren't always so cut and dried.

It took me 35 years to find someone important to me who I thought had died.

While I'm here, Happy Birthday Tammy! 59 today. I will love you forever.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Very

much enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Flawed

For a big tough guy Vet, the protagonist was made to be nothing more than a cowardly cuck wimp.

After years of lies and deception, he needed to confront the bitch. Only the discovery of a private diary or other overwheming evidence that showed he was first in her heart and in her life (kids excepted) could forstall that need. The amount of lies and scale of her deception shows MASSIVE disrespect and contempt for his love and his feelings.

Why would he have not been told if she and hubby were drifting apart and on the outs and only still together for the kids? Not doing so also should a lack of trust and faith in him. Every one of these could be a fatal flaw in a marriage, even a sham of one like he had and demonstrates the true feelings of his so called "wife".

The second half was measurably better. Getting togther with the sister, though predictable was handled well. I think I'd have enjoyed it more if wife and hubby were both killed and he had to be father figure to Emily's girls or both men discovered her cheating and had to make peace with each other and her actions.

A minor point, but one I can no longer stand to read on this site, the plural of the verb Drag is DRAGGED, not the noun Drug.

Seriously flawed. But I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a bunch of crap!!!

She is a whore and a more criminal bigamist!! His married life to her was a whole lie! And he accepts that shit??!! Are you in cuckolding/wimp??!! It seems the apple never falls far from the tree!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1* Wimp Cuck Crap

Waste of time unless you're into weak crying husband characters.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Well!,

No matter how enjoyable the fantasy is to read, there are always those in the Anony Nazi police who can’t resist trashing the story and or the author.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 6 years ago
Different Twist

Wow. What a difference of opinions from your readers. I enjoyed reading something with a different turn of events that met all of the characters needs. The story flowed well and I enjoyed your tale. Thanks.

hapmarriedhapmarriedover 5 years ago
A great job

The tale is very well told. I laud your courage in providing delicious twists, and building it around a multi-dimensional man. The BTB chorus appears to have been in full voice in the comments, which is a shame. I don't want to read the same old revenge story over and over. Real men act with their minds and hearts, not just their Glocks.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
That was good story telling.

It got me wondering if it is really possible to have 2 families in this age of computers. I can't say I like the first wife, but it seems his life is improving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
More?

If there is more to the story the author should put it on out there, because a real ending to the story would be great. As it is, it didn’t end, it just stopped. There is a difference. I actually liked the storyline and the way it played out, I don’t ever remember a plot quite like that. But I would really like to see how it all ends up.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 3 years ago

Very good story. Much better written than 'How I Met Paula Billings'. Though that was a nice read. That Emily was cheating on her Dr, husband with Jacy, is a different take than the norm for the LW category. Plus the "other man", Jacy, not only is not some arrogant SOB he, initially, was not aware of her cheating. Definitely a unique perspective.

Looking forward to reading the next part.

Thank-you

Pasqual

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 3 years ago

That was fine writing.

Still doesn't change, that accepting half a woman

makes you half of a man.

Translated in english: a wimp.

1 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The story glosses over the fact Janice was NOT a good person. She violated Army regulations regarding fraternization between enlisted and officers. She married the doctor, had two daughters with him and then went looking for more with her late night Army fuck when her marriage began to grow stale. She hid the truth from both Jacy and Alex and recklessly put her daughters' futures at risk by pursuing a dual life. Both Jacy and Emily were aware of Emily's transgressions, and both chose to enable her wrongdoings and become complicit in them. Their hubris in entering into an intimate relationship with each other while continuing to deceive Alex and the daughters is brazen and shows they learned nothing from Janice's death. Only in the realm of fiction could so much dishonesty lead them to anything other than grief and ruin.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

WTF

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

I don’t know how things are now but when I left the service in ‘88, you only had to go to the Consolidated Base Personnel Office (CBPO) and perform a personnel lookup using the global locator. Anyone of any rank could use it. The nonsense that Emily didn’t have enough rank was just that - nonsense. I know because I used it several times during my tenure in the military. So, in my opinion, Emily had no excuse for not finding him after his discharge.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous