Flight of the Raven Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Demonnox
Demonnox
147 Followers

Tony noticed my expression and commented. "What? What is it Luke?"

"Erm... The red stuff is blood." I said, blushing as I continued. "I think the white stuff is... Um... Semen..."


"Oh." He finally managed to choke out, looking slightly distraught.

"Yea." I added, lamely, not knowing what else to say.

"Let's check upstairs, it's the only place left."

We made our way upstairs and searched my room for any additional clues about what had happened here. Nothing presented itself, the room looked exactly as I'd left it this morning when I'd gone to school. There was even still a damp patch on the bed from my mum's prank with the skylight.

I began to feel slightly frustrated, I couldn't make sense of the situation and my mother was no where to be found. I sighed. At least we hadn't found her body.

Trudging back down to my mother's room I glanced briefly at the spectacle on the bed, roiling emotions swirling round my head.

Finally coming to a decision I turned to Tony. "Come on Tone, Let's get back to the bus, however weird this place is doesn't matter, she's not here." He just nodded, no doubt sensing my frustration.

We'd made it back to the kitchen before I was struck with an idea when I saw the sprawled body on the floor. The chest. I doubt I was still forbidden to open it, not now, I rationalised.

"Wait! There's one thing I have to check." I said, sprinting past Tony back up the stairs to my mother's room.

Ignoring the spectacle on the bed as best I could I knelt down and shone the torch under her bed. There, in the harsh light of the flash-light, was my mother's trunk.

I quickly reached under the bed and pulled the heavy, oak box out of its hideaway. After a few seconds I had the chest completely out and was searching the lid for some kind of keyhole. That was odd, I couldn't see one.

Shrugging, I tried to pry open the lid with my fingers, not expecting to be successful. I was pleasantly surprised when the top popped open with a sharp 'click' and I shone my torch into the box.

Wow.

There was a lot of weird shit in here, I mused, pulling out strange looking packets of teeth and claws, bits of dried skin, coloured stones, odd looking statuettes and other things which I could only guess as to their function. There was also a large backpack stuffed in the side of the box and I began transferring everything into the bag. I gasped as I pulled out two small handguns and boxes of bullets which I assumed were for the guns. I also found the scabbard for my mother's katana and gently slid the blade home, strapping the weapon to my back.

There were a few dusty tomes too, which I placed into the bag after failing to read the strange script they were written in.

Finally, after scraping the edge of the box to make sure I hadn't missed anything, I found what I'd been dreading and hoping for at the same time. A letter. A letter in my mother's hand. A letter addressed to me.

As I sat with my back against the empty box and looked at the cream coloured letter in my hands, all the days events seemed to catch up to me. I missed Sophie so much, I was so scared and confused, I needed her more than ever, and I had no idea where she was. Staring at my name on the letter brought up such sorrow that I couldn't help but release the flood gates on my tears, eyes welling up with moisture as I started shaking and crying uncontrollably.

Tony had evidently followed me up as within moments he was beside me, providing the same comfort for me that I'd given to him.

As a tear-drop splashed onto the letter a single thought crystallised in my mind. I would find whoever was responsible for this. For this whole god damn fucking eclipse. I would find them, and I would kill them.

To be continued...

Demonnox
Demonnox
147 Followers
1...345678