Fortnight in Utopia: Day 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How much were you paid?"

$80,000."

"And you took it without question, whether it was drugs, explosives, or anything?"

"I know I shouldn't have."

Hitomi sighed, but through the scrambler it sounded more like a snarl. "Greed makes people stupid. Who was going to receive the item?"

"I wasn't told, just given another number. It was...0129191, I think. I never tried calling it; it might work."

"How was the recipient to get the item if you didn't deliver it?"

"I was told to just leave it on board and the person would find it. Apparently, he knew the door code."

"'He?' It's a man?"

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said 'he.' I don't know."

Hitomi paused. "I know who you are and where you live. I can make hurt you in ways you've never dreamed. I'm going to find the truth, soon. This is your only chance to change your story if you've lied."

"I haven't, I promise!"

"If you're asked to report about tonight..."

"...Routine. Nothing at all unusual."

"Give me your phone." The worker did. Hitomi threw it against the wall, shattering it. "For $80,000, you can buy another one. Now go to the bathroom next to the sleeping berths and stay there for ten minutes."

While the worker was ascending the stairs, Hitomi and I were already escaping. We carefully navigated through the security (for the last time, I hoped) and returned to Hitomi's suite.

"I'm so glad that's over," my partner breathed.

"Amen to that," I said. "Too bad all we got was another damned number."

"It was full of ones. There's some meaning there. I just don't know what."

"We'll figure it out. For now, should we make an appearance at the casino?"

"What time is it?"

"2010," I said.

"Sure. I'll meet you at your room in 20 minutes."

People seemed disappointed when we arrived. I wasn't wearing "Aquamarine" and neither was Christie. Still, everyone was acting normal otherwise. I thought that was a good sign.

I'd promised Christie that I would play her slot, but I didn't feel energetic and she'd hinted that playing and winning would be time-consuming. "A promise is a promise," I muttered. I had to try the machine, even if I didn't stick with it long enough to learn the secret that Christie had mentioned in her inimitable way.

I hit three or four lesser jackpots before I got hammered by a 900,000 credit loser.

That was my excuse to stop playing tonight! I was grateful that I'd lost like that; it would enable me to explain why I'd given up without lying outright. I had enough credit to keep going, but I wanted to do it on a night when I didn't have so much on my mind.

I joined Hitomi, Kokoro, and Kasumi on the dance floor. Other gals came and went and my mind began to return to her normal, carefree state. After that, I played some blackjack. Between that and the small jackpots on Christie's slot, I actually came out ahead at the end of the night.

At 2200, Hitomi and I returned to my suite, exhausted. We took off our swimsuits and flopped onto the huge, soft, inviting bed.

"I sure hope we did the right thing," I said to my German lover.

"Me too...and I think we did," she answered. "Our hearts were in the right place. We weren't really going to hurt that worker. So be at ease, Lei-chan."

"Thanks, sweetie," I said. "Shall we shower before bed?"

We washed and dried each other, using touches caring and comforting, not erotic. We returned to bed. We kissed each other goodnight.

-End of Day Nine-

End note: Please keep up the feedback; it means a lot to me. Thanks to all of you who have voted, faved, commented, and sent me PMs!

12