Garnet

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,435 Followers

Sean stepped very close to Garnet and hissed, "Because you're the smartest one in the class and it's not just because you're a good fuck."

The moment he said that he regretted it. Sean heard the smack of her hand before he felt the stinging against his cheek. She had slapped him.

"You're a prick. At least you could have called and warned me. Everyone in class knows that I got the highest mark and they all think its cause I fucked you."

"But you do fuck me, in here and at home. It's not my fault that you seduced me."

Sean regretted saying that but he couldn't take it back. He opened his mouth to say something but before he had a chance to react she had slapped him again and walked off.

This was turning into more and more of a disaster. What was he going to do? Right after handing back the tests Mallory had called him in and asked why Garnet received such a high mark. She had been chastised for getting an A and her so-called friends, instead of supporting her, had instead turned on her.

***

The last class was difficult for him. There she was, sitting in the front row as always. She was wearing jeans and a sweater. It was quite warm outside—well, as warm as possible for Vermont in April—but something told him she was purposely wearing plain clothes for his benefit.

Home was even tenser as Denise had announced that she was not getting into their little argument. Sean had moved from the upstairs bedroom to the apartment over the garage. His son Derek had graduated and moved in with his girlfriend so at least that meant Sean didn't have to be in the same house with her. As a result, they hadn't even spoken for nearly a month.

Garnet had done nothing but study the last four weeks and was thankful that this was the last class. She didn't even want to think about how this was the second time that a guy she was madly in love with had pushed her way.

"... And so your exam is next Wednesday at ten. Please study everything and remember that final marks will be posted a week later outside my office."

The familiar sound of quiet murmurs and books being shut filled the room. He waved his hand and left without talking to anyone. The students had noticed a change in his behavior and strangely enough had started to study harder, use office hours more effectively, and concentrate more in class. Mallory had stopped bugging him and things had gotten back to normal. In two weeks' time he would be free for the summer and could relax.

"Can we go to your office after class?"

It was her voice that drove him crazy. Sean spun around and saw her. She wasn't wearing any makeup and that made her even more cute and innocent.

"Yeah sure Garnet."

It wasn't until his office door was locked that she spoke. He sat down in his chair, legs wide with his hands above his head.

"I'm sorry for slapping you a while back. I'm sorry for everything actually. I put you in a really tough situation and I'm sorry. I'm stupid really."

"Garnet..."

"No let me talk. The department head scared the hell out of me. We could have gotten caught. I could have been kicked out. I seriously needed that reality check. Anyways that's all I had to say."

"You're a smart girl Garnet."

"No I'm not. I'm putting my education on hold right now. Your exam is the last one I have to take."

"What?" Sean stood up and grabbed her shoulders. "Are you serious? Is this because of this?"

Garnet pulled away and stepped back, pressing herself against the door. "No it's not."

Sean opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He watched as the only girl he had really loved walked out of both his office and his life.

***

"Hey. Earth to Dad? Hello?"

Sean blinked. He had been staring off into space for probably a good two minutes and hadn't paid attention to a thing his son had said.

"Sorry. Just distracted."

"You are acting really weird. This is supposed to be a relaxing weekend and all you've been doing is moping around. If you want her back then you need to show her that you are her Prince Charming. So far you've been acting like an ugly toad."

Sean stared at his son. Since when did his son know more about girls than he did?

"I'm trying. Really I am."

"So let me get this straight. You've been dating for three years. You love her. She loves you. Ms. Cold Hearted Bitch makes some crazy accusation and you let Garnet be dragged into this. Then, when she dumps your sorry ass, you get all moody."

Sean opened his mouth to speak then closed it. Derek was right. He needed to figure out the best way to show Garnet that she deserved to be treated like a princess.

***

Garnet didn't like being back on campus but had been reminded by the friendly phone call that her locker needed to be cleaned out. In the beginning she had asked, actually pleaded, for a locker near his office and now she regretted that choice. It had been three weeks and she had not seen him. It was easy really. He had moved into his son's apartment and Denise had facilitated making sure the two of them were never in the same room.

Garnet had been so worried that Denise would be upset, but she was amazingly supportive. Denise had been concerned from day one about Sean and Garnet, now her fears were coming true. Garnet was an emotional wreck and even volunteering at the library for the summer wasn't helping her distract herself from her problems.

In the hallway of the Physics building, Garnet had grabbed a garbage bag from down the hall and threw most of her things into it. It wasn't until she got to the bottom and found a notebook that she whimpered. She knew that this notebook was full of the most personal and emotional things about her. She slid down to the ground and opened the book, wanting to reread what she had written.

It had been Denise's idea for her to see a counselor. Garnet had been very fragile those first few months after giving birth and needed to ground herself into some resemblance of normalcy. At first, Garnet had been adamant she was fine. Eventually, she'd given in and Denise and especially Sean were thankful. The counselor had asked her to keep a journal of her feelings. Now she was rereading the sections. Each section was color coded green or red. Green was good days; the bad days were red. Every single green day involved Sean and by the time she got to the end of the book she was sobbing. She was so caught up with her emotions she didn't notice him.

"I'm sorry."

Garnet looked up and saw Sean kneeling in front of her. He had been walking back from a faculty meeting and heard crying from down the hall. Just seeing her in such distress made him forget his promise not to speak to her. He knelt down and took her hands in his.

She didn't care that she hated him. She didn't care that he was breaking her instructions not to speak to her. She leaned up and knew that kissing him would make the pain go away. It did.

"I have this whole romantic evening planned out. Garnet, I'm not asking to get back together, but I've been a jerk and I need to make it up to you. Will you please let me take you to a nice dinner and apologize properly? We can view it as a fresh start."

Through sobs and hiccups Garnet nodded.

***

Garnet was nervous. They had gone on a lot of dates but never on a first date. She closed her eyes and told herself once more that this was the beginning of something new. She was wearing a red dress with flat shoes. Her hair was curled nicely and now she was waiting for him in the front entranceway.

Sean knocked on the front door and smiled when Garnet answered.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"Shall we go?"

Garnet nodded. As she stepped out the door and down the cobblestone pathway her mind filled with thoughts of the first time she walked up this pathway. She had been so troubled and lost and such a wreck.

"You look gorgeous baby. You really do."

"Thank you."

Sean kept glancing at her and the longer he did that the more she felt self-conscious. Almost as if he could read her mind, he said:

"You are gorgeous. I want to rip that dress off you but I promised you dinner first."

"Do you always suggest that to girls on the first date?"

"Only cute redheads who drive me crazy."

Garnet laughed. She felt comfortable now and leaned over to nibble his ear. Both of them were shocked at his reaction. Sean slammed down the brakes and turned into a parking lot. She didn't even realize they were traveling along the parkway that curved the edge of the shore. Living in the city was wonderful in that the views from the waterfront were always beautiful. Once the car stopped Sean turned to face her.

"Let's take a walk."

"O.K."

Garnet got out and watched as Sean held her hand. Garnet's mind was calm for the first time in a long while. Being with Sean did this to her. She was able to forget everything and truly enjoy her life.

Sean remained quiet. He knew she was fragile and he needed to be the strong one in the relationship. They stopped walking and in a quick motion Sean dropped to one knee and pulled out the small velvet box that was tucked safely in his pocket.

Garnet did not have time to react before he began to speak.

"Just listen to me. I love you. I fell in love with you the first time I saw you over two years ago. I saw how hurt you were emotionally and I wanted to help. I've been an idiot. I know that. Denise has reminded me of that many times. I want to marry you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want you to be able to trust me and know that I'm only human. That doesn't excuse my behavior...."

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yes."

Sean trembled as he slid the diamond ring onto her finger. He glanced up at Garnet, seeing her bright eyes and her smiling face. Once the ring was snugly on her fourth finger he stood up and kissed her hard. Feeling her wrap her arms around him comforted him in knowing that indeed she had forgiven him.

PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,435 Followers