All Comments on 'Growing Up as a Dominant'

by Master_n_Mentor

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
A True Hembra

Like you, I have a Hispanic background. At a glance you would think that the "True Macho" was the one in charge, but it wasn't so. It is the mother, "the true hembra" who rules the home, and it's been so in most of homes of Latin America. They have the same qualities that you depict in your essay. The True Macho has been gone for generations, replaced by women who have assumed the responsibility and well being of their families. They are the ones who remain day to day, hour by hour, faithfully working, nurturing, deciding, caring, blessing their families while the "true macho" dissapeared behind a myth that doesn't exist. We respect our men, we love them, they have a place in the home, but at the hour of decisions and responsibility it is the Mother who assumes control and delivers. But darling, if you can keep the myth alive in the States, so be it - more power LOL to you.

A true Hembra

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
One Word...Editor

Sorry, but I simply could not read very much of this essay. The overwhelming number of grammatical mistakes prohibits any thoughtful consideration. Please get an editor, quickly!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Awesome

Disregard the idiotic comments by our resident Femi-Nazi; 'a True Hembra'. She would have been right at home in the American 1960's; with the communists, liberals, and everyone else who took our country for granted.

We need more men like you, not only to make our country great again, but also to alleviate women of the burdens they are not designed to carry out.

I am sincerely looking forward to more of your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Being a Man

An excellent essay with much food for thought. I am a Southern man, and the traits you ascribe to un Macho verdadero are also those that (IMO) ascribe to a Southern man. He is a gentleman first and foremost. He may - should - be masterful and dominant, but never a prick who pushes women around, takes advantage of them, or treats them like dirt. Doing so is disgraceful and unmanly.

Great essay. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
interesting viewpoint

I enjoyed reading that and thereby gaining a deeper understanding of the true definition of macho. Previously the word, to me carried a negative meaning because it seemed to denote overbearing and disregard for others...a "my way or the highway" type mentality. Indeed, macho is not about ignorance. It is about wisdom and the other positive attributes defined in the article. Again, thanks from a 59 year-old guy from Detroit who couldn't be more of a WASP.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

When I read this I practically hugged myself. Never in my life as a woman have seen a real man, only men that assume the authority only to crumble under the waight of it. When I became a single mother I had to step up into both roles; impossibly so. I've had to sacrifice the woman I am made to be so as to fulfill the duty a true man would. It made me angry but hope is refreshed that someday I will find a man I'll gloriously submit to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I wish more men in America would think like this. You are correct in your writing and I appreciate this post as it is a great guide to finding a true man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Definition

By this kind of reasoning, you could redefine fascism to mean helping old ladies to cross the road and being kind to small furry animals.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Idiot

Learn some self control and respect for others. That would be a good start.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaster_n_Mentor@Master_n_Mentor
244 Followers
Born in Argentina, Educated in the US as a Mechanical Engineer, re-introduced into the lifestyle by My lovely wife. I aspire to write professionally, and to share My thoughts and learn from the thought of others. Here's my blog https://erotica-writer.com/ The day we stop be...