Halloween Weekend Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The drive was very quiet as no one spoke. She looked out the window a few times but she wasn't sure where they were going. They finally pulled into an underground parking garage. They stopped next to an elevator door. They all got out and went up the elevator. Upon getting out Jennifer could hear music. There was a set of large doors just outside the elevator with two men standing guard. Ammon walked up to the door and the men opened the door for them.

Once inside it was full of lights and people. There were some dancing, some talking and some sitting at tables. She was surprised by all the people. She wasn't really a party person at all. She felt out of her area.

Ammon and Elizabeth moved but Jennifer never noticed. She also didn't notice when Lynn's hand pressed against her back and led her to the table with the others. He pulled the chair out for her. He couldn't take his eyes off of her even as he watched everyone near them. It was all he could do to not pick her up and take her somewhere alone. It was killing him to see anyone near her even Ammon.

Jennifer watched everyone for what seemed like forever. She was amazed at the differences and the similarities. She could see could see the same look in all the vampire's eyes. It was the most common thing they all had. Yet she also saw some had more of the look than others. When someone came over to talk with Ammon they all seemed to make a point of staying away from Lynn. She had been trying not to look at him. They couldn't have a normal conversation so she just couldn't figure out how to talk to him. She was still trying not to look at him when she noticed a redhead across the room lean into another woman and sank her fangs in and began to drink she was sure. She continued to look for a few moments till she felt a hand touch her own. When she looked down it was Lynn's hand on her own. She looked up and noticed the same blue eyes as earlier but they seemed darker. She couldn't stop herself. She felt safe the moment his hand touched hers. With no fear she asked, "She is drinking isn't she?"

Lynn nodded his head. He wanted so much to take her away and tell her so many things but still he could not. If Ammon had not made it where he couldn't talk to her till Ammon wanted he would have taken her years ago. It had been Ammon who locked him from her in the beginning. When he first woke and found he was a vampire Ammon had made him unable to approach anyone from his past. If he had known then what it would mean he would have never agreed. He bound him to his word until a few weeks ago when they came here so very close to her. His only chance. She was curious and she wasn't afraid.

Jennifer noticed someone look her way. When she looked up another male vampire was looking at her but quickly looked at Lynn and looked away. "They can hear me can't they?"

Again Lynn nodded his head but this time he squeezed her hand gently. She was at least looking at him and talking to him. He didn't want her to stop. Yet without being able to talk to her till midnight his hands were tied so to speak. He slowly stroked her hand.

Jennifer didn't like others hearing her even if she felt safe. Instead she decided to get some information about this vampire. "Do you remember much about your life before you were turned?"

Lynn took his hand and brought two fingers together. He remembered some but the memories had faded over the few years he had been a vampire. One of the few memories that had not faded was her.

"I guess there are things that are good to forget, though I must admit I would regret forgetting some things."

Lynn nodded again. Lynn knew she was right. He was glad he had forgotten some of his own past. He squeezed her hand again to reassure her.

Jennifer continued to ask questions. Some were harder for him to answer than others but he answered as best he could. She seemed to be comfortable with him. He knew the time was getting closer to midnight and he was anxious for it to happen so he could talk to her normally. He was also unsure if she would accept him when she saw him. He would not live without her but he also would not force her. He would watch over her if he had to till she was gone then he would follow her.

I am going to ask her to dance before you do. Ammon thought to Lynn.

Mine.

I have a few questions for her that you can listen to before you dance with her.

No.

It isn't a request. Just letting you know before I ask. "Jennifer would you like to dance."

"I don't dance very well."

"I am sure you will do fine." He reached for her hand. Calm my friend, just listen to the answers.

Jennifer could see and feel that Lynn didn't like this at all. He squeezed her hand even tighter as she stood. She looked at him and smiled to try and reassure him. Ammon had told her that he would try to be possessive of her. She read in his eyes that he didn't want to let her go. "It's just a dance." His only response was to squeeze her hand again and then release it.

Ammon led her to the dance floor with ease. She was very lovely but he kept those thoughts to himself for the moment. He knew Lynn was fighting every instinct in him to allow this. He swirled her onto the floor just as the new song was starting.

"You know he doesn't like this, right?"

"Yes. It seems the two of you are getting along quite well."

"He is nice but that doesn't mean I am looking for a relationship with anyone."

"Sometimes what we are looking for is right infront of us."

"And sometimes things just do not change."

"If you could have what you wanted would you not go after it?"

"It doesn't matter what I want, there is no possibility of it now." She knew she sounded defeated but it was how she felt.

"Well it looked like you were holding hands for a long time."

This caught Jennifer off guard. "It doesn't mean anything." She could try to fool herself, at least for a moment. She didn't want to admit how much she enjoyed holding his hand.

"And yet you told him it was only a dance."

"You told me he would be possessive around me and I could see in his eyes that you were right. I didn't think it would be the best thing if he got mad."

"I am sure that is what you were thinking."

Jennifer wasn't about to let him know that she felt warm, safe and drawn to the man. She wasn't even sure why that was herself.

The sound they were dancing to ended and they were standing when a sound she knew very well came on.

Ammon saw Lynn walking up to the two of them. He knew it was almost midnight and that he was becoming more impatient by the minute. "Looks like someone wants to cut in."

Just as Lynn was about to take her hand she walked to the doors leading out to the balcony. Both men followed her. She couldn't bring herself to dance with anyone to this sound and it was brining her near tears to listen to it. Once on the balcony she looked up into the sky at the stars. She knew the men had followed her. She didn't want them around. She needed the fresh air.

"Are you ok?" Ammon asked.

No. She wasn't sure if she would ever be ok ever again. "I just need a few moments. Please just leave me alone for a few moments."

Ammon looked at her then looked at Lynn who was watching her intently. He could feel the pain coming off of her and the longing. He walked back into the room. No one would even get close as long as Lynn was in the mood he was in. Not unless they wanted to die.

Jennifer knew he had stayed. She couldn't explain it but she just knew. It was as if she could feel him. She looked down. She could see lights from cars. It was several stories up but the drop was exhilarating. Returning her eyes to the stars she wished for sleep.

12