All Comments on 'Inspiration - Romantic and Explicit'

by Nytewatcher

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
xiola-bluexiola-blueover 11 years ago
Loved it!

Thank you....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
a common mistake

on this board is to mistake "waist" with "waste". Use your dictionary.

H.H.MorantH.H.Morantover 11 years ago
Ignore "anonymous"

It is a pity "anonymous" had nothing more to say than - in an impolite way - that you can't rely on your spellchecker; one really can't rely upon oneself to proofread his own material.

That said - this was a 5 star effort, not as a reward to a first time contributor, but because it made sense - I liked the back story - and the pacing was very good. The characters got more development than is common.

One crit: you never need to give the woman's bra cup size. anymore than you need to give some outlandish number of inches for the guy's cock size. Let the reader use his/her imagination - by giving numbers you show your lack of faith in your own writing and your ability to rouse the reader's imagination.

For example: in the throes of passion the woman might say "You're so/too big/thick" and that is a great deal more erotic than the male introducing himself to the reader at the beginning in this way: "Hi, I'm Dick, your male protagonist tonight, and my cock is 9 inches long and 3 inches thick" or some other totally unlikely set of measurements. You are trying to get a reaction from the reader, and when the female protagonist says, whether in jest or in earnest, that the dick the guy is trying to bury in her is uncomfortably large, you get the picture across

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well Done.

Great initial submission. We all have a few boo-boos...don't let anyone tell you differently. Please continue writing.

M/61/Louisiana

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Waste?

She has a waste? Exactly what is a waste?

NytewatcherNytewatcherover 11 years agoAuthor
anonymous

Appreciated the constructive critiques so far. And to "anonymous"....seriously? Your only comment is that I misspelled "waist"? Is this such an egregious error that it overshadowed any merits the story might have had?

Let's keep in mind this is an amateur message board, I wrote this for fun (not for compensation), and if we are getting down to it - I have read very few professional novels that didn't have at least one error in them that was missed by the author and editors.

But with that said - at least it seems I had your attention :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous