Ishmael

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'You look beautiful," I told her. "A goddess indeed."

I slipped on my jacket, and then helped her on with the fur coat I had paid a weeks salary for.

I locked the apartment behind us and she held my arm tightly as we went down to the streets.

This was the first time that Amanda had left the apartment since she had gotten out of the hospital.

I could tell that she was nervous and scared the way that she was darting glances everywhere and by how tense her body was next to mine.

We walked down to the taxi stand a block away from the house and took a cab downtown.

We saw a movie, then we went to a nice restaurant where I knew the owner and headwaiter, we were seated right away much to Amanda's amusement.

After the meal, Amanda cuddled up to me in the cab on the way home.

"I needed this," she murmured.

"Anytime my dear love," I said just as softly.

Amanda still wouldn't leave the apartment unless I was with her, and I found out that Maria had given her a .357 magnum revolver with a 2 inch barrel. It was a sobering reminder that Rodney was still out there somewhere.

Amanda did however lose her reluctance to go out in public with me, and we became a common sight walking arm in arm, laughing and talking as we shopped and went out in the evenings.

I was making a serious effort to lose the extra poundage that I was carrying, and I was in the best shape that I had been in since my navy days.

Amanda appreciated the effort and in turn did her best to help by watching my diet and joining me in my evening exercises.

I was out shopping one day while Amanda was staying home preparing supper.

There was a jewelry store that I wanted to visit.

"I need a set of wedding rings and an engagement ring," I told the clerk.

"I think we can help you with that," the clerk replied with a smile. She showed me several sets, and I picked out an engagement ring with a nice sized diamond and a matching set of wedding rings. It cost more than I had really wanted to spend, but I could afford it if I watched what I spent for a few weeks.

The rings securely in my pocket and a song in my heart, I headed home.

I was about a block from the apartment when I saw a familiar face and my blood went cold as ice.

Rodney had crawled out of his hole and was strutting along the street heading in my direction.

I stepped sideways into the alley and waited for him to come by.

A few moments later, Rodney came be-bopping past and I reached out and yanked him into the alley, slamming him up against the wall.

"You made a bad mistake when you hurt my fiancée, motherfucker," I snarled into his face.

Rodney made his next mistake when he tried to run instead of defending himself.

I buried my fist in his gut as hard as I could, knocking the wind out of him and leaving him on his knees gasping for breath.

I hauled him to his feet and hit him again, and again.

When I was finished, I had broken both of his arms, both knees, and most of his ribs.

I don't know how I managed to stop myself before killing the rat bastard, but I laft him lying unconscious in a pool of blood there in the alley while I walked across the street to a pay phone and made a call. "Hey Vito, I found Rodney." "No shit?" asked Vito. "Where is he now?" "He's in an alley about a block from my place. It looks like someone just beat hell out of him," I replied.

Vito gave a wicked chuckle, 'Now I wonder just who that could have been."

"The possibilities are legion," I said with a straight face. "I don't think he'll be going anywhere for a while if your friends want to drop by and offer him their assistance."

"Don't give the matter another thought," Vito said. "He'll get the care he needs when my friends get there."

I thanked him and hung up.

Walking back to the alley for a moment, I kicked Rodney's legs wide apart, then jumped up and came down with both heels on his crotch.

Then I went home to Amanda.

That evening Vito came over with Maria for supper at Amanda's invitation. I hadn't told her about Rodney yet.

Nor had I shown her the rings.

"Jesus Ishmael, remind me never to piss you off." Vito said when the ladies had adjourned to the kitchen. "The boys said that Rodney looked like he had been hit by a semi."

"I didn't want a murder rap hanging over my head, so I quit before I really wanted to." I told him.

"Well, Rodney the Rat decided to take a vacation to the countryside." Vito said.

We exchanged tight smiles, and then joined the ladies who were calling us to the table.

After the meal when we were all gathered in the living room, I brought out the box with the engagement ring and knelt in front of Amanda. "Will you marry me?" I asked as I opened the box and held it out to her.

Amanda went pale and shook like a leaf in a gale.

I waited for what seemed like an eternity before she hesitantly reached for the ring and slipped it on her finger. "Yes," she said at last.

Maria hugged her, then looked back at me over her shoulder. "It's bout time you got around to asking her," she scolded.

That night Amanda was extremely passionate, and by morning I still hadn't managed to get any sleep.

I had to put up with considerable teasing that day at work, but I didn't mind at all.

I had finally found someone to share my life with.

12