It Was Fate Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He didn't reply, but instead scooted the rest of the over to her. She was on her side so he ended up spooning her. With a little adjusting he rested his arm across her stomach and settled back down. Less than a couple seconds later she began grumbling to herself again and rolled over until she faced him. Tucking her head beneath his chin she sighed, better.

"You're not very warm." She whispered.

She felt his chuckle reverberate through his chest. "I'm a vampire honey. I'll warm up as you do." The feel of her softness against him was a feeling he wasn't quite used to yet. She was the first woman he'd shared a bed with in fifty years.

She only made a small humming sound as a reply and the next thing she knew was sleep again.

--

"Thanks you for setting this all up." He said looking around the small cabin. As fast as he unloaded the truck she had put away all the things James said they would need. All the blood bags and food she would need was in the fridge, extra blankets on the bed, towels in the closet, soaps in the small shower, and toilet paper under the sink in the bathroom.

"Eh, no problem. I'm personally happy you let me help."She smiled that signature mischievous grin.

"You don't have a hurt ankle anymore, so run around for all I care." He replied taking his shirt off and stuffing it into his bag, which say on the leather couch beside the fire place. He slid his jeans off and stuffed them in his bags and then slid on a pair of red flannel pajama bottoms.

She laughed. "Whatever you say lumberjack," She said grabbing her own warm pajamas from her bag and then scooting it back under the bed.

If he didn't know better he would have sworn she was flirting with him. No, she couldn't be. He walked over to the door and locked the house up and then slid into bed right as she emerged from the bathroom. Kadence emerged in a pair of grey sweatpants and a simple white tee shirt.

"Do you even get cold?" Eli asked as she turned off the light switch and the room went pitch black. He felt her slide into the bed before she answered.

"Well, in extreme temperatures. But, not like it is here." She yawned. "It's that werewolf blood I guess". She said and rolled to her side.

Eli never answered and silence filled the small cabin.

--

Collin checked his watch as he stood outside of his suite door. It was midnight. Fuck. He pulled his key card out of his pocket and unlocked the door. He slithered into his pitch black dark room and began stripping as he silently cursed the interruption that pulled him away from Annabeth, a very naked and turned on Annabeth.

When he had answered the door in nothing but a towel James had told him about an urgent matter about a more law abiding nearby pack. After dressing in a whirlwind he spent nearly two hours on a conference call with the pack's alpha and his two betas smoothing over details of the battle that was about to be fought. This pack wanted into the fight. Collin couldn't turn down their help either.

When he first rescued Annabeth he had ignorantly assumed that Gustavo had not found any more pack members, but he had been wrong. The compound that Alec described he rescued Emma from was far too large to house a small twenty member pack. No, they had grown to hundreds. And now they were trained and ready for a fight. Collin had figured the more men on his side the better their chances at a victory. He finally had coaxed them into meeting him personally tomorrow just a couple minutes ago.

Yet, his mind wasn't on the fight or the wolves. His mind couldn't stop repeating Annabeth's words: "...I think I love you." The words kept running through his mind along with the feel of her feminine softness against him, all wet. Uh, his penis hated him for not mating her tonight and therefore he hated James.

He walked into his bedroom, the plush carpet muffling any footsteps. There, in the middle of his bed, was the very object of his lust. Asleep. He mentally shook himself and slid into the bed. It was probably good it didn't happen tonight. His blood was too hot and he didn't want to hurt her because he got too caught up in the moment. He sunk in to the mattress with an audible sigh of relief.

"Is everything okay?" Annabeth murmured half asleep as she ungracefully wormed herself to his side. He hooked an arm around her waist and held her tight as her head fell to a pillow, facing away from him.

He kissed her temple. "A nearby pack wants revenge on Gustavo's pack. They're meeting us tomorrow to go over some plans." He whispered into hair.

"Oh, that's good news then." She said lowly rolling over to face him. "I was worried something bad happened." She kissed his lips softly and then nuzzled him below his chin with her nose. He couldn't get over how cute her little wolf things were. Hell, he couldn't get over how understanding she was. He left her turned on and alone and she reacted by being worried about him. She was perfect and all his.

He pressed a lingering kiss into her forehead. "I love you too."

Annabeth made a small sound of contentment and a grin grew on her face, yet her eyes weren't open. "What does love mean for a vampire?" She asked her voice barely audible.

"It's more like extreme possessiveness. And I thank you in advance for what you're going to have to put up with." He chuckled lightly and was happy he had good enough night vision to catch her little grin and her roll of the eyes.

Annabeth turned in his arms to face away and slid her arm on top of his. "What about the man?" She said, but it was partly muffled by a yawn.

"To be truthful, I'm starting to lose touch with whatever I was as a human." He whispered and closed his eyes. He awaited a reply, but then minutes passes and he realized she had dosed back off. It was hard for him to believe that she was all his. A part of him didn't want to trust her because of little stunt she pulled, but a much larger part told him she was scared. Only time will tell if she truly understands what being a vampire's mate means. Especially when the human mask falls.

----

Hello faithful readers,

I hadn't submitted in a while because I have had two chapters on the back burner. Hope this one answered some questions from the comments of chapter seven. I'm sorry for such long waits between chapters. Thanks for rates, comments, emails, everything!

SSG

12