Jelly Bean and Her Bail Bondsman Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sometimes you are so feminine, incredibly sexy and spontaneous it just about takes my breath away, like now; yet it amazes me how you manage to keep your innocent charm.

I so appreciate my innocently charming and conservatively classy little lady when we are out together in public. You are so smart and complicated, while being so sweet.

I'm getting mushy, and I adore being mushy with you. However, we have paperwork from yesterday to finish and file and more today....so Ms. Jones."

"Yes, Mr. Skinner," I said after swallowing...while thinking, 'it tastes so good.'

"Get dressed. I want to see your hair up in a french twist today all prim and proper. As a matter of fact I want you to teach me how to do it. I've already mastered your ponytails...."

After I was properly ravished, and goodness, was I ravished, we got dressed for work and I made our reservations while Danny brushed my hair.

Before Danny was so wild, rough, bad boy sexy and demanding; I was actually panting while he fucked me. Now he was so gentle, carefully brushing my hair. I showed him how to twist it up and then I pinned it place.

Danny took the pins out, letting it down to be brushed again, and he put it up expertly. Either he is a natural or has done this before. It doesn't matter. In my book a boyfriend or a husband should help their lady with their hair...my father does.

My next call was to Dad. He insisted that he come over now with the cash. This would be the first time that he visited here and it would be a perfect time to give him the grand tour and to show off my new skills.

The next two days would most likely only be paperwork and that could be done at anytime, even if we had to work after hours to get caught up, the responsible thing to do.....

Anita went to the market to get cold cuts and bread in case Marvin wanted to have lunch with us. She was still shopping when he arrived alone with the cash.

I held out my hand and Marvin took it, squeezing much harder than usual. Even at seventy I could believe he still was a tough son of a gun, "Mr. Skinner," he said in greeting, "Mr. Jones, I replied squeezing back.

"Here is the cash, and oh yes, I bought you something," Marvin said, taking a small white cardboard box out of his coat pocket and handing it to me with a neutral expression on his face.

I opened the box and inside was a small yellow rubber duck, "When you squeeze him, the ducky squeaks, Dan," he said chuckling.

"What a very thoughtful gift, Marv, thank you," I gave him my best poker face, "I must defer to an expert on this having never owned my own yellow rubber ducky before. What do you feed your ducky; bergamot and cloves?"

He slapped me on the back, laughing, "So, Anita was tattling on her father."

"I suppose you think this is amusing?" I replied, trying not to grin.

"You can drop the poker face, Dan, because it is amusing and amazing, besides what's the harm in it? What really amazes me is that my daughter got you to go along with that.

I have seen changes in Anita this past year that would make any father proud. It has got back to me from Mary that you are very strict with Anita and I approve.

Too be honest, I just can't picture you sitting in a bubble bath. Mary turned me on to that when we first married; I resisted at first.

I find it amazing because you are a man who hunted down dangerous fugitives and brought them back for trial. I can only imagine how dangerous being a bounty hunter was, yet you take bubble baths, and as I said, Anita got you to do that.

You protected my daughter from those bikers without any regard to your own safety. I never thanked you for that and I should have. Let's just say this rubber ducky is my way of thanking you and leave it at that."

Marvin held out his hand for me to shake again, and I did, asking, "Does this mean my trial period is over, Marv?"

"It is over with, yes."

"Do you still think I'm too old for Anita?"

"Don't push it, son."

"Fine, I can live with that. Anita will be back shortly with the fixings for lunch. In the mean time, let me show you around my home and business."

"What are we having for lunch, Dan?"

"Whatever Anita brings back from the Star Market, cold cuts I think, and including but limited to Mary's tapioca pudding for dessert."

"Well in that case you can count me in..."

I found Danny and Dad in the arsenal, the original heavy plate steel room where the small arms and ammunition were stored when the building was still commissioned.

There are two very large and extremely heavy safes Danny acquired for his business there. One holds important papers such as bonds and securities for collateral or forfeited collateral, in addition to cash which is necessary sometimes when posting bail. There is a leather plumbers bag in the safe containing handcuffs, leg irons, and other restraints including duct tape.

The arsenal is also a safe room and we are to retreat into it in the event of trouble, locking ourselves in and calling the police. If push comes to shove there are several sliding peep holes we can stick a shotgun barrel through to cover anywhere in the adjoining room while waiting for the police. Danny says fight safe and smart.

There is a beat up hard plastic dog chew in there in the shape of a bone in the safe. I found that to be funny until Danny explained what it was for. He said it was like palming a roll of dimes in your fist for punching but far superior; the knobby part of the hard plastic bone sticks out and you can strike with the knobs without hurting your hand.

Plastic dog bones are legal in all 50 states. This was Danny's good luck charm from the old days. I carry one now for self defense, and I know how to use it.

The safe also contains two short barreled 12 Gauge double barrel side by side shotguns that have been hard chrome plated. Danny explained that the chrome plating helps them to stand out to make the holes at the end of the barrels (bores) look bigger and intimidating when pointed at a perp. The safe holds two high powered bolt action rifles; one scoped, and the other with peep sights both chambered in 30-06.

He has two lever action rifles with peep sights chambered for the .44 magnum that will also shoot .44 special loads. Danny has two Smith & Wesson revolvers in .44 magnum and one small Charter Arms in 44 special; he explained the obvious advantages of having rifles using the same ammo as his revolvers.

Danny favors revolvers over semi-auto pistols for their inherent simplicity and reliability; the same for his preference for double barrel shotguns, bolt action rifles, and lever action rifles.

I don't know what is stored in the second steel safe.

Danny was showing Dad the revolvers when I walked in on them. I gave them both a big hug and a kiss, my daddy first.

"Did Danny show you the 25 yd. indoor pistol range in the utility building Dad?"

"Yes and that is quite a set up with three shooting stations and mechanical returning targets. It is also an excellent idea that the steel bullet trap on the far wall is backed up with double rows of railroad ties making it very safe. Dan invited me to shoot with him one of these days, and you know I might just take him up on it.

"What about now, Dad?"

"Now?" Dad asked surprised.

"Why not, Marv?" Danny chimed in, "are you afraid Anita will outshoot you?"

Turning to Danny, "Did you....I mean....you taught Anita how to shoot?"

"Yes, I did, Marv, and in my opinion it is a good thing for women being able to shoot and defend themselves until help arrives."

I explained everything else to my Dad what I learned about self-defense and Dad's eyes were just about bugging out of his head.

I ended with," That is why my key ring is attached to the end of a hard plastic dog bone. I bet you thought it was a childish decoration." I said holding the bone in my fist.

"I did", Dad admitted, when he finally found his voice, and he started chuckling, "Imagine that, my little bunny kicking ass and Dan taking bubble baths; will miracles never cease to happen.

The next thing I know you will have Dan attending church. If you have a box of thirty-eight specials kicking around, or just ten rounds, I'll bet you a dollar you can't out shoot your poor old Daddy....."

Marv really surprised me that day, and not because he was a good shot with his revolver; he finally accepted me, or at least was resigned to the fact that I was going to marry his daughter.

Marv managed 2 X-Rings, 7 in the ten and one flyer in the nine-ring on the B-27 Silhouette Target.

Anita outshot him by putting all ten shots of 44 special rounds in the X-ring rapid fire at twenty five yards.

I then put up three targets, holding up two fingers. Anita demonstrated the rapid fire double-tap drill, drawing from the holster and putting two shots in the center of the first target, the second and one in the third.

Anita quickly opened the cylinder, ejected the spent cases, inserted five live rounds from a speed loader, closed the cylinder and brought the revolver up to scan for potential threats, reloading in less than five seconds.

Anita is a natural shot and took to shooting like a rubber duck takes to bathwater. I drilled her in practical or combat shooting techniques that will pay off in a pinch, and taught her the hand signals Duke taught me to communicate without words.

I selected my stainless steel Charter Arms Bulldog five shot .44 special revolver with a 2 ½ barrel for Anita. It is small and light weight at a mere 21 ounces. It has soft black rubber grips to absorb the recoil. Its small size is easy for Anita to conceal. Stoked with the CCI Speer Gold Dot 200 gr. hollow point, this little hand cannon is reliable and has tremendous stopping power in a small package.

Marvin gladly paid up his bet and hugged Anita, praising her and saying she had grown up to be a strong and responsible woman, adding, "you always will be my sweet little bunny."

During lunch when the subject came up, "What else did Danny teach you about deadly physical force, Anita?"

"He explained I should always be aware of my surroundings and it is best to avoid trouble and retreat whenever possible. He said that deadly physical force is a last resort and it is best to talk my way out of a situation whenever possible.

I should learn to fight smart to the best of my abilities taking into account my physical stature balanced against my strengths and weaknesses, repeating it is best to walk away from a situation whenever possible and there is no shame in retreating to safety. I should never allow anyone to lay hands on me. If talking doesn't work, put a hurting on anyone who tries.

Finally, and most importantly, I must never underestimate my opponent. If I am backed into a corner without any means of escape and my life is in danger, show no mercy and shoot for the center of mass. Keep on shooting until the threat is neutralized....."

After starting Anita on the paperwork I saw Marvin to his Dodge Caravan. Somehow I knew Marvin wanted to ask me something, and I was right. That and the fact that he was calling me Dan which was a good sign from heaven.... or whatever.

"Well, Dan, are you still too obtuse to admit that God is looking out for you. Do you walk alone seeing only your footprints in the sand?

You haven't done too badly in life. My daughter loves you and I'm certain you love her. How did you put it...oh yes, more than all the stars in the sky? Who do you think made the stars in the heavens and put them there, Dan? Do you think they appeared out of nowhere?

Are you ready to discuss having a relationship with God, again, man to man, just you and me?

"I might be open for a private discussion and perhaps an eventual mediation provided the venue is to my liking."

"I can live with that, son. With divine intervention you will detour around hell entirely and after a brief stay in Purgatory, will be stuck with me for all eternity...."

We celebrated our one year first day-we-met anniversary with a cozy dinner at Chang's, ordering our Peking duck in advance, and reserving the small private dining room for special customers or family members; the general public is not invited or is even aware it exists. Along with the duck we had prawns with broccoli and clouds ear mushrooms, our pot of tea, finishing with a glass of plum wine and orange segments.

We walked home stopping along the way to hug and kiss, well, mostly me stopping to hug and kiss him; not that Danny objected because each time he picked me up and spun me around.

We shared a big paper cup of hot chocolate on a park bench and decided to take in a movie. While there, we shared a bag of shelled pistachios.

Danny is not what you would call a material man, and I wracked my brain for months deciding what to buy him. I decided to buy him a pocket watch and Mom and I went antiquing.

My Mom is a shrewd bargainer and she does so politely and firmly with her natural feminine charm. We found a very nice Elgin antique coin silver pocket watch in my price range. The owner explained it was a size 18 triple hinged case with a 7 jewel movement.

Further, he advised us it was recently cleaned, oiled, and regulated by a master watch maker, showing us the receipt of service. He said the crystal was not original but a perfect reproduction and Mom praised him for his honesty.

Needless to say Mom turned on her charm and we purchased it for fifty dollars less than his second rock bottom price.

Our day finally arrived. I insisted that Danny unwrap his present first... I was so excited...when he opened it, well, he was speechless.

Danny looked at me, and then the watch, and then at me again. I could tell from the surprised look on his face which immediately turned to one of pleasure; he was pleased and excited with his watch.

The one thing about Danny is that he never lies. You might not like his answers if you press him, just ask the codfish, but he never lies.

"Anita!" he said, hugging me, "this is the most thoughtful gift anyone has ever given me. They say it is better to give than to receive but wow!"

"Now it is your turn." and he gave me a small box wrapped in red foil paper.

"I have to be honest with you, jelly bean. They are not new; they are estate jewelry. However they are one of a kind and custom made with a duplicate created of the original diamond and rubies set in platinum. The duplicates are of cubic zirconium stones set in 10 karat white gold for everyday wear.

They are part of a set and the choker will grace your neck at the wedding reception when I show you off."

It was my time to be speechless. They were in the shape of snowflakes, both pairs and he was right, I couldn't tell them apart. The diamonds in the snowflakes were not chips but flawless marquise cut 3/4 carat diamonds graduating to ¼ carat at the tips forming the shape of a snow flake. The snowflakes dangled off of a 5 carat heart shaped cut ruby set in a post for pierced ears. I counted twenty diamonds in each earring...twenty!

"I hope you like them, jelly bean. There is a ring with the set. Do you remember when I asked you what size ring you wore? Well, your engagement ring won't have to be sized."

"My engagement ring?" I asked, incredulous.

"I hope you won't be disappointed, the duplicate in zirconium is missing from the set. I do have papers of Authenticity from the GIA for every single gem stone though.

We both know we will marry, Anita. We knew in our hearts the first day we met. I plan on making our engagement official next year on this day in May if that's OK with you. Can we keep this a secret, no tattling?

I can't thank you enough for my watch, wow. I want to go and get a chain and fob for it; perhaps we can go together sometime tomorrow. I'll have to start buying suits with a vest that has a watch pocket so I can carry it with me always...wow, Anita, I'm getting off subject. Your Dad and I are off to a good start now, and I.....

"Hush," I said, putting my hand over his mouth, and then I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his lips.

"Yes, Yes and Yes. I won't tell anybody, not Mom or Dad or Aunt Joyce...just knowing Danny, just knowing," and then I started crying for the second time in two days, this time tears of love and joy as he held me, rubbing my back gently until I stopped....

Danny's close friend John Anderson died at the end of May and Danny took it very hard; even though you wouldn't know it from the way he acted until... He was a rock at the wake and funeral for the widow.

My poor Grumpy Bear disappeared late in the afternoon immediately after the funeral and didn't answer his cell phone or the many messages I left in his voice mail.

Besides being his fishing buddy, the old gentlemen judge was Danny's mentor and the closest thing to a real father Danny ever had.

Dad went ice fishing with Danny once last winter, proclaiming the sport was much too cold for him....I think at the time Dad was being stubborn and that he was actually beginning to like Danny.

After midnight, Dad and I went looking for him. I had a pretty good idea where Danny might be by looking in his closet. Danny changed into his fishing clothes; his long-billed waxed canvas cap, patched green rubber boots, a red flannel shirt and cargo pants stained from years of wiping his hands on them after he handled the fish and bait; he didn't take his fishing tackle, however.

Dad waited by the car in the parking lot while I went out to get him, bringing the old green and black wool plaid coat he wears fishing when the weather is cold. The weather was starting to get cold but the sky was clear and all the glorious stars in God's heaven were there for all to see.

Danny was sitting on one of the red sandstone boulders at the end of the breakwater at Point Breeze staring out into Lake Ontario.

"Danny," I said quietly, and he turned to look at me. Even though it was dark here so far out from the lighted park I knew he must have been crying at some point. I put his coat over his shoulders, "Are you cold?" he didn't answer, "Do you want to talk about it?" and he shook his head for no.

I took his hand in mine; his strong hand was so cold. We walked together to the lighted parking lot where Dad met us. When he saw my father, Danny wiped his face with his hand and straightened up as if nothing was wrong. It amazes me how he can do that, put everything aside and deal with what is at hand.

"Marv," Danny said, nodding his head in acknowledgement.

"Dan," my Dad replied, nodding back.

I could hear the concern in Dad's voice in that one word, even though Danny might not have.

"I find it very peaceful out here, and I'm afraid I've lost track of the time."

"We were worried about you Danny," I said, squeezing his hand.

"Thank you, both, but I'm fine."

"No you are not, I," I started to say when Dad interrupted.

"You heard the man, Anita, let him be. I'll call your mother and Joyce and tell them everything is fine. Why don't you drive Dan to his home? You know how much you enjoy driving that Corvette...."

When we got there, I locked the door behind us, "Your hands are still cold and look at you; and you're shivering, poor baby.

I know what will make you feel better," I took Danny's cold hand and led him upstairs to the bathroom where I undressed him, wrapping his flannel bathrobe around his shoulders while the bathtub was filling with hot water.

I lit one peppermint candle, added the peppermint bubble bath, dropped his duck in, and when the tub was full of bubbles, turned off the lights and climbed in, "Get it, Danny. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you."

Danny nodded and got in, "Good.... lean back against me and I'll hold you until you get warm," I put my arms around him.