Jelly Bean and Her Bail Bondsman Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"There will be no work for you tomorrow or the next two days. I'll take care of the arrangements and reschedule our appointments. I'm doing this as your personal secretary for your own good.

I'm saying this as Anita," I touched his face gently, "sometimes we all need to be babied and this is what you need now. Nobody can be tough and strong all the time. When we lose someone we love, it's OK to cry."

"I..." he started to say.

"Hush, I will broach no argument from you, Danny. Do you remember when you kissed my hands and asked me to do something for you and I did. It was for my own good.

I'm asking you now Danny. When you are sad, I am asking that you promise to come to me. You don't have to grieve alone. You never have to be alone... not ever again. You can cry in private, in the next room behind a closed door if you want. Please remember, my love, I will always be here for you....waiting."

Danny took a deep breath and wiped his face with his hand and leaned closer touching my face.

"After your bath you may have a glass of wine or warm milk to help you relax. Then I'm putting you to bed. I will be spending the night."

Danny sighed and closed his eyes, taking my small hands in his big ones, kissing them; his hands were warmer now.

After his bath I toweled him off and put him to bed. I held Danny under the covers, stroking his face until he fell asleep. He looked so peaceful and innocent in my arms; innocent like the little boy in the photo, hugging a dog he loved will all his heart: It was a pure innocent love; one could see it in his precious little face.

I recalled the story my father always told during Passover in our church, Called "Footprints in the Sand" by Mary Stevenson.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was only one.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

"You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?"

The Lord replied, "The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.

I had to keep from crying because I'm convinced in my heart of hearts the Lord carried us to where we could find each other; all love comes from, God, and true love is a miracle of life.

I had to keep from crying; I had to be strong for Danny, for my miracle. I was still thinking about the picture in his wallet, the only photo that he owned. I was trying to imagine what it was like for Danny that day, when that social worker removed him from that home, his little tear stained face pressed against the glass of the car window as they drove away....leaving his dog, Patsy, behind, never to see her again....

I awoke in the morning with Danny asleep next to me. He must have been exhausted and drained because he is always up in the morning before me on those nights I spend with him. I lie in his futon luxuriously lazy and comfortable propped up on the pillows waiting for him to bring me a cup of coffee.

This is Danny's way of spoiling me because it is not beneath my dignity to bring him a lousy cup of coffee, something he was willing to pay damn good money for. I always smile when he brings me one because Danny turned prospective hires away over a cup of coffee, and I spilled a cup of coffee on him.

I smiled and touched his face lightly. Danny opened his blue eyes to look at me He was smiling back and there was nothing but love in his eyes, "Good morning jelly bean," he reached with his hand to push my hair behind my ear to touch my face, "I love you, Anita, more than all the stars in the sky.

I'm sorry. I was such an ass to worry everybody the way I did. I'll apologize to everybody today before I do another thing"

"You will do no such thing," and I snuggled closer to him, rubbing Danny's head and messing up his hair, "Love is never having to say you are sorry."

"Love is like the sun coming out of the clouds and warming your soul, Anita, and when you found me those words were never truer. I dreamt last night my love, while I was safe in your arms.

I was so tired...so very tired. I dreamt I was a little boy again without a care in the world running in a field with my dog, Patsy. We were running and running, joyously and carefree when we came to the crest of a hill and looked down to see a white sand beach near an ocean and we ran down to the sand.

We ran and ran in the wet sand, but Patsy kept falling farther behind, and when I looked back, she was just a tiny speck.

I looked down at my feet and then up at her.... she was gone. All I saw was one set of footprints in the sand...mine....I didn't understand. When you touched my face, I awoke and looked into a face of love, yours."

"Would you like to make love?" I asked, "We have the whole day to do that or lie here and cuddle."

"Yes, ma'am, and then will you baby me some more?"

We made love, facing each other lying on our sides, entwined as one. It was sweet and gentle...calm and unhurried, although no less passionate. The passion was pure and loving...like a communication of souls. My orgasm was like warm bath water, placid, soothing, and cleansing; although my orgasm was no less satisfying as when Danny ravishes me, when it is hot and burning; it was different, this gentle orgasm, it was intimate in quality....

After Danny came, he held me with his manhood still inside of me, running his fingers through my hair, until I finally got up to make him his coffee and then see to the business.....

By July the wedding was fast approaching. We ladies spent the next two months; actually, eight Saturdays, looking for the perfect dresses while Dad and Danny spent those days fishing.

Out of the blue, Dad bought a used boat with a stem to stern extended warranty/ maintenance service agreement from the Silver Lake Marina. The agreement included a boat slip for the season and inside storage over the winter. All Dad was required to do was to get into his boat and go fishing.

As the wedding reception would be a lavish affair, we ladies purchased two formal outfits; one for the Church wedding and one for the reception in the Grand Ballroom. We Palmer women decided that we would wear the same outfits to the Church to send a message of solidarity and dignity. It was also in keeping with proper and respectful; after all we would be in Church.

We will wear identical navy blue cashmere wool blend knee length dresses with white lace collars and ¾ sleeves with the same lace on the sleeves; taupe stockings and black pumps.

We also decided to wear our hair down, but pulled back away from our faces on the sides. We will wear white pearl earrings to show more solidarity. Our hair will be held in place with simple gold barrettes. Oh yes, our plain gold crosses on their fine gold chains .

My hair seemed to be growing so fast now; perhaps it was love helping it along. I would be wearing my hair long from now on whether Danny approves or not. It is a comfort to know that he more than approves of this glorious Palmer woman tradition.

Our evening gowns were another matter entirely. We would not allow the men to see them until a few hours before the reception and we decided to wear our hair up.

Mom and Aunt Joyce chose identical conservative long sleeve gowns of elegant black lace and satin while mine was chosen to stand out regardless of what the other women might be wearing.

This is another tradition between Mom and Aunt Joyce as married Palmer women and sisters, dressing the same for formal family events such as weddings or funerals; dressing the same is kind of like their trademark.

They have their own tastes which are different yet similar the rest of the time, particularly when it comes to colors.

My beautiful evening dress was a glamorous mermaid style strapless evening gown in emerald green with a glistening and sparkling beading that accented the pleated bust and the same beaded appliqué at the center of the empire waist. It has a pleated bodice that is layered and draped like found in dresses of this mermaid style and it has a lace up back to insure a flawless fit, and it fit me perfectly.

Danny will be wearing his black suit bought new for the old judge's funeral. We would be attending the wedding and reception hell or high water with our heads held high.

I received my wedding invitation, RSVP, that allowed for a guest, meaning a male escort or boyfriend; boy, wont they be surprised.

My separate and personal invitation was sent to my parents address. It read in part:

Mr. and Mrs. Mark Evans Douglas, and Mr. and Mrs. Robert Samuel Jones request the honor of your presence

at the marriage of Tiberius Marcus Douglas and Hannah Marie Jones on Saturday, September 22nd, two thousand and one............

End of Chapter 2.