Justin Thyme Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Callicious
Callicious
1,842 Followers

"Oh no. They are fine."

Jacqui rummaged in her bag briefly and came out with a small brush and a comb. Quickly brushing upward with the brush and then parting and sectioning the hair with her comb, she "Hmm'ed" and "Ah'ed" several times before turning to Carole. "Isn't this the dress you made for 'what's-her-name? The Senator's wife?" At Carole's nod she said, "I like it better on Susie! It works very well for her."

Stepping around in front of Susie, Jacqui asked, "Can you make it back up here the day of Prom? I can fix your hair for you and make it look like you intended it to look this way, not because it had to be shaved and regrown. I can also hide all of the scars in your scalp to anyone other than the one you are dancing with, and knowing Michael, he won't care. He won't see the scars for the beautiful young woman in his arms."

"Thank you," Susie whispered softly. "I didn't think I would ever be able to fix my hair so they didn't show."

"Oh pshaw! I'll show you a couple of tricks next week, so that you may never want to grow it out again! Anyway, please excuse me, but I must rush," and with that she headed for the door with everyone's thanks following in her wake.

Joanne shook her head and laughed softly as she said, "That woman was born running, and when they bury her the undertaker will have to be quick! She is always on the go like her tail is on fire."

**************

Rosemary and Stephanie returned to the house from their shopping expedition tired and hungry. Both mothers were out until late in the evening with work, so there was nobody else to be expected before Justin and Michael returned.

"I really wish Justin was home," complained Stephanie. "I've really been missing him all week. I've hardly even seen him except passing in the halls at school. I wish he hadn't told Jim he would help out at the store during the week when needed."

"I know. I've hardly seen him more, even though we live in the same house. The first couple of days with Rachel here had him in a really bad mood. The two of them used to be so close when we were younger, but they aren't fit to be in the same house any more."

"Did you see her try to make a play for Michael? I though Susie was about to kill her! Michael shut her down in a hurry, though."

Rosemary laughed. "I know. It was rich. Justin told me later that Michael asked who she was, and said 'Somebody needs to tell her to put some clothes on.' "

Rosemary put a frozen pizza in the oven. "I'm hungry, but I'm too tired to cook something. You want to grab some veggies to munch on from the crisper?"

"Yeah, sure. I wish I knew when Justin was going to get home. He wasn't planning to stay long today. I wish I had thought to bring my bikini. I feel like a swim."

"I'll shoot him a text and see. After we eat we can go for a swim. Nobody's home, so you don't need a suit. You wouldn't care if Justin did show up anyway, would you."

Steph gave her a crooked grin. "I wish he would!"

The timer on the oven and my text back both went off at about the same time. Rosemary pulled the pizza from the oven and set it on the table before looking at the text. "Not sure how long. Found something big. Will tell you more when I get home. Lv U."

Rosemary answered me back, "K. Steph forgot her bikini, but we aren't going to let that stop us. (smiley) Hurry home! We miss you! Lv U more!"

******************

I had just stepped off of the bottom rung of the ladder when my phone vibrated. Irritated I tore my attention from the scene in front of me and grabbed for my phone, making Michael hang on the ladder while I checked it. I quickly sent back the cryptic response and stepped out of Michael's way just before looking at her response. Normally it would have gotten a reaction from me, but the sight before me had my full attention.

"Oh, my word!" was Michael's reaction when his head cleared the rafters and he could see into the basement room.

The stone-walled room was not overly large, about ten by twelve feet with a hard packed earth floor. There was an old electric light bulb in an old, old light socket on one of the rafters, but it was burnt out, probably having been left on when the room was last used, as evidenced by the tableau in front of us. "I think we just found Samuel Johnson, Michael."

"Samuel Johnson?"

"He was a railroad magnate that built a lot of the spur lines going to some of the copper mines and things in the area. He disappeared one night after a meeting with some big government people who wanted him to expand some of his operations. I believe that would be he sitting there at the desk."

Sitting in the desk chair, slumped over the desktop was a skeleton with one bony hand resting on a large revolver. Across the room, sprawled across the floor in the corner, lay another skeleton, but this one with an extra hole in the forehead between the eyes, and a large gaping hole in the back of the skull. A revolver lay on the floor where it had been dropped.

Spread out on the desk was a map of the railroad lines south of the Southern Pacific Railroad, with the area between Tucson and Green Valley highlighted. The thing that caught my eye though was a small circle drawn a little ways away from a spur line with a route penciled in and the word 'oro' within the circle. A small leather bag containing loose gold and gold with a bit of quartz attached were in the bag.

"This is really rich stuff, Michael! I wonder if anyone else ever found his mine!"

'I wouldn't get too excited about it, Justin. There are lost mines all over here in the west. Unless you have more detail than what is on that map it could be anywhere within a fifty mile circle, and that isn't so easy to find in that area. More of that land is up and down than is spread out. You have a gold mine right here in this house, and developing more. My advice would be to stick with what you have."

"You're probably right. Right now we have to figure out what to do about these two. We had better close this place back up and head home and talk to Grandpa. Would you have time to sit down with him for a little while when we get back? I might not remember everything."

"Yeah, sure. I'm not sure what time Susie and Mom are getting back anyway. I need to talk to Tom sometime before we go to the Prom, and thought I'd try to catch him this evening, but I can do it another time."

"Good. I'm going to take this bag along with us to show Grandpa, and since you were with me when we found it, half of it is yours."

"That isn't necessary."

"Yes it is. You were the one who found the door latch, and by the way, we are going to have to find the others, too, but that is for another day. If you hadn't had the idea of the hidden door I'd have never found it."

"I'll make you a better deal. I don't need the money. If you will use the money to fix up an apartment for me in the carriage house, if there is enough, and let me live in it at least until Susie is done with school I'll call it even."

"Fixing up an apartment for you is a good idea. I'd like having you living here, but we will talk with Grandpa and work out the money part later."

**************

It was a very excited, yet subdued, Susie that walked out of Couture by Carole ahead of Carole, Suzette, her mother, and Joanne. Madge insisted they all go get a bite to eat before she and Susie drove back down to Tucson. Joanne was going to remain behind and go home, where Jeff would meet her later in the evening.

Carole led the way to a small tea shop, known locally for its specialty sandwiches and homemade soups. "This isn't much of a 'dinner' place, but I really enjoy it. It has a great ambiance without being stuffy, or without being exceptionally expensive."

"I'm glad you thought of this place! I can't get Jeff to darken the door, but I love it. I just feel silly coming here by myself," said Joanne. "Jeff thinks you can't have dinner without it involving half a cow, but I like something lighter like this a lot better."

After all had been seated and their orders taken Carole leaned forward enough to look at Susie and asked, "Susie, how is it you are able to even think about dancing so soon after your surgery? I wouldn't think you would be up to it already."

Susie gave her a bright grin and said, "I got to go dancing with Michael the weekend I finished therapy, right after I met Joanne and Jeff." The way her eyes shone made her feelings for Michael quite evident. "I had trouble with some of the faster numbers, but slower numbers were fine. I was tired and sore the next day, but it was worth it!"

"Michael should have been spanked for keeping you out that late and dancing so much!" Joanne obviously had not forgiven him for allowing Susie to tire herself out so, and to blister her stump.

"Oh, don't blame Michael! He wanted to stop sooner, but I overruled him! He didn't know about the blisters, but they were worth it!" She grinned at Joanne, who just shook her head.

Madge interjected quietly, "When I saw her leg the next morning it had blisters on the stump, but she never complained. She couldn't wear the prosthesis for two days, but Susie, here, never lets anything stop her from what she really wants."

Suzette said, "You were still dancing even though you had blisters on your stump? And you kept on going?"

"Well, you have to understand, it was my first chance to be out and alone with Michael. I couldn't let a little thing like that interfere. I worked really, really hard in therapy to be ready in time for Prom, and I had to use that night to be sure. I'm really glad that I did." She stopped and looked at her mom and at Joanne for a moment. "I expect Prom to not be really comfortable all night, but it is my Senior Prom, and I expect to make the most of it, and neither of you had better say anything to Michael to try to get him to baby me. This is going to be a night like I've never had in my life, with a gown to die for," she smiled down at Carole and Suzette. "I expect to make the most of it, and while I may not be the most beautiful girl there, there will not be one who can match my dress, or my date."

**************

Grandpa met us at the door as soon as we got there. "What's this that has you so excited, Justin? You didn't get yourself into any trouble, did you?"

"Oh, no Sir! No trouble at all. We just need your advice and some help."

"Hello, there, Michael. I'm really glad to see you again, son, and especially not in the courthouse!"

"Hello, yourself, Sir, and I'm so happy to see you. I owe you a lot!"

"Pshaw. You owe me nothing! I'm just hoping you can be a good influence on my grandson, here. Come on in the house and have a seat. Coffee, Coke, or anything?"

"A glass of water would be great, if it's no trouble."

"I'm sorry. I should have remembered. Justin?"

"If coffee is made, please. Otherwise, a Coke would be fine."

Grandpa made a show of checking his pulse, and then he breathed on his hand. "Just had to check and be sure I'm still alive. Have you ever been to my house and coffee wasn't on?"

I just laughed, knowing what his reaction would be, and saw Michael's grin from the corner of my eye.

"I threw a batch of cookies in when you called. You guys help yourselves, and don't let Ben try to hide them from you." Grandma had slipped into the room behind Grandpa. I quickly stepped over and gave her a big hug. Michael held his hand out to shake her hand, but she brushed it aside and gave him a hug as well. "Family doesn't shake hands, young man. You are family now, and you can never get away from it! Old Ben here doesn't go to court for anyone but family now, so that makes you one of us, and I for one am so glad you are."

Michael just nodded, dumbly, as he hugged her in return. I noticed his eyes were moist, and he seemed to be having trouble clearing his throat, but of course I said nothing.

"Now I'll just be off and leave it to you men-folks to talk. I'm really happy to see you, Michael. Don't be a stranger around here. You just drop in anytime. You hear me?"

"Yes, Ma'am. And thanks." Grandma hurried from the room, and we all sat down around the kitchen table with a couple of Grandma's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in front of each of us.

"Now, Justin, what's on your mind?"

I didn't say anything, but I reached into a tool bag I had carried into the house with me to hide the gold. I pulled out the leather poke, which weighed well over two pounds, and set it in front of Grandpa. "This," I said, and waited for his reaction.

"Land sakes o' Goshen! Where on earth did you get this?"

"Michael and I found it at the house. Actually, Michael is responsible for us finding it. He's the one who found the door release." I then went on to describe the find up to the point of our returning home to talk with him.

Grandpa sat and stared at the gold for a few minutes, obviously thinking. "Under Arizona law the and anything else down there belongs to you two. Samuel Johnson had no heirs to my recollection, and his estate went to the state. Anyway, it has been long enough that finding heirs would not be possible, so all rights go to the one who finds it."

"We are going to have to call the Sheriff and report your finding of the skeletal remains and leave it to him to deal with. This is going to be big on the news for a while, which is unfortunate. We can do without the publicity, but there is no way around that I know of, and concealing the bodies would be criminal. Is there another way in besides going through your room, Justin?"

"Yes, sir, there are, but we haven't found them yet. There is at least one entrance from each of the first and second floors, and there was a passageway leading out also, but we didn't explore any of them."

"OK. Well, after almost a hundred years I don't think waiting an extra day will be a problem. I would suggest you go back up there tomorrow and find the other entrances so we can take the Sheriff in the least obtrusive way. I would really prefer not to give away the means of access if we can help it. We definitely don't want to give away the door releases. In the meantime, let's keep word of your find, especially the gold, quiet. Would you like me to keep the gold in my safe?"

I looked at Michael, who simply shrugged, and agreed that would be the best place. "Your Dad doesn't get home until Wednesday, correct?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Well, I know he won't be excited about doing anything that night, but I think we had better have a meeting of the four of you, and Michael, this concerns you, so you would be most welcome also."

"Thank you, sir, but I don't think I need be involved in this. I already told Justin I don't need the money; that it was found in his house, so it belongs to him. I had been discussing converting one of the servant's quarters in the carriage house into an apartment for me to use, and suggested we do that in lieu of anything I might get out of the discovery, if that is acceptable to you."

"I really think you are short-changing yourself, young man. Do you have any idea of the value of this bag, let alone anything else in that room?"

Michael shrugged. "I'm rather simple, and my needs are simple. I have more than enough for what I need. I'm satisfied if you folks are."

Grandpa nodded. "I wish a lot more people understood what was needed to be happy instead of constantly searching for more and more. I'll discuss this with the principals Wednesday evening, but you are more than welcome to join us if you wish."

"Thanks. If I change my mind I'll let you know."

"Justin, I'm not sure how much you should let Rosemary, or your mother, know before Wednesday. I think I wouldn't say anything about the gold. They must know the necessity of keeping the passageway secret, at least until we discover what else is down there. If you don't mind, I think it might be a good idea if I went up with you tomorrow. Is that OK with you?"

"Yes, sir. I would be honored to have you along. Michael, would you like to go also?"

"I think I'll leave it to you, at least for the time being. Actually, there is one thing I would like from there if it would be OK with you. Would it be possible to have one of the pistols?"

"Absolutely! You may have your choice, and when we look through things later, you are welcome to come along and see if there is anything else you would like."

"Deal. Now if we are finished here, I would like a chance to try to talk with Tom before the women get back." And with that we broke up the meeting until later.

******************

Although it was late afternoon, Rosemary and Stephanie were lying on chaise lounges near the pool, soaking up what was left of the sun. Neither of them were wearing bathing suits, getting an all-over tan and enjoying the feeling of freedom lying there nude gave them. Talking was desultory, with only the sounds of birds, a few crickets, and the occasional bee flitting about the flowers surrounding the pool area. Their skins glistened from a combination of tanning lotion and sweat from the sun's rays.

"Rosemary."

"Hmmm?"

"Sometimes I get scared when I think about Justin and me. I think about 'what if we get married, and he gets tired of me', and things like that. What if he gets tired of me and my little boobies and starts looking at other girls?"

Rosemary lifted her head and looked at Stephie. "You haven't looked in a mirror in a while, have you? Justin isn't blind, nor is he stupid. He has always had eyes for you. Even Susie noticed it! Remember how she was always trying to catch his eye, and was always doing things to get his attention, like wearing that see through when wet top, and sitting under the vent in his room so he would look at her nipples poking through her bikini? Then that one day when we walked into the house and all of our nipples were poking out through our wet tops, and Justin couldn't keep his eyes off of you. I don't think you have a thing to worry about."

"Maybe I'm just being stupid, but I don't know what I'd do if I lost him. And the funny thing is we haven't even gone on a date with each other! The Prom will be the first time we have gone out."

"I never thought about that! It will be, won't it! Does it matter that I'm going with you, too? I never really thought about it that way."

"Oh, don't be silly! We promised to share, didn't we? Besides, I think it will be fun walking in there with one of us on each arm. You know what I wish? I wish we could go up to the house together after the Prom for an after party. Just the three of us!"

"Yeah, that would be fun. I know a few people who are getting hotel rooms afterward, but our parents wouldn't go for that!"

"We're going to have to behave in the limousine, too, with Michael and Susie in there with us."

"I know. Michael doesn't know about Justin and me. He wouldn't understand. I know his religion is really big on chastity, too, which I know is really cramping Susie's style! She was saying she wished Michael would do something with her! It's all she can do to get a hug and a kiss from him. She knows he wants more, but it isn't going to happen before they get married, if it goes that far, but she still has four years of college to go."

"I'm glad Justin isn't part of that religion! I wish he was here right now, 'cause I'm getting wet just thinking about him. I woke up the other night dreaming he was on top of me, but he wouldn't let me have it. He just kept teasing me, but when I woke up I just had my body pillow on top, and I was hugging it. Mom came in to the room to see if I was OK. I guess I was crying in frustration in my sleep. That was embarrassing!"

"You know, I really feel sorry for your Mom. She went so long after losing your Dad, and then she got involved with Paul, and now she has no one. I'm sure it gets very lonely at times."

Steph was quiet for a few minutes. "Sometimes when I'm with Justin I feel almost guilty, that I should be having so much fun and she is all alone. I think that's why she let Paul get to her. She sees me getting ready to leave home, and she will be all alone. I appreciate how she wouldn't get involved with another man up until this last year because she didn't want to have someone else competing with Daddy for my affections, but I wish she would have found someone good before now."

Callicious
Callicious
1,842 Followers