Karen's Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Two - Becoming a Girl

The next morning we got up around eight. Jeannie and I showered together and then went into her room to get dressed.

"Karen, today I want you to pick out your own clothes. I don't want you to get used to me doing it for you. You've got to develop your own sense of style. Experimenting with different outfits is the only real way to do it. You're welcome to wear anything of mine or any of the new clothes we bought you yesterday. I'll make an occasional comment, but if you disagree, then you do what you feel is best, ok?"

I was anxious to get into my pretty clothes once again but I took time to consider what Jeannie was saying. "I'm going to need all the help I can get for a while, so please let me know if there's something you see that doesn't look right. I want to look as good as I can and until I learn all the things a girl needs to know, I'll probably make a lot of mistakes if you don't give me hints."

"You've been wearing girl's clothes for a while now," she answered, "so just go with your instincts. You look very pretty when you take the time to get all dressed up. I think you know more about being a girl than you realize. Have you decided what you're going to wear today?"

I'd been thinking about it all morning and, after considering just about every possibility, I finally made a decision. "I guess I'll wear my new red sweater and red plaid pleated wool skirt. If we go shopping again and I'm going to be trying on clothes, wouldn't that be easier to get in and out of than a dress?"

"See, you're thinking like a girl already," she smiled. "You're not going to need much help from me at all. That's my favorite of all the things we bought yesterday. You look so pretty in it, Karen. Hurry up and get ready. We're going to have another incredible day today, I can just tell. It's so nice to have a girl friend to do things with, don't you think?"

She laughed when I blushed at the thought of being a girl and being her friend. God, being a female was so terrific. I don't think anything could have made me unhappy that day.

I went into my room to get dressed. I began by tucking my privates under a sanitary napkin. I pulled it tight to be absolutely sure nothing at all would show. I picked out a pair of white bikini panties with lace around the waist and leg openings and the matching bra which also had pretty lace insets. With my breasts pads in place, I once again began to feel like a true girl. I decided to wear beige pantyhose and, as I had learned to love full slips as much as Jeannie did, I selected a white one with matching lace.

Aunt Jeannie helped me with my makeup and hair. She also gave me a manicure, then painted my nails with a shade of polish called "Passionate Red." I was thrilled! I couldn't stop looking at my nails.

She finally rushed me off to finish dressing. I removed all the tags from my new sweater and skirt and carefully put them on. Lastly, I put on little pearl earrings, my watch and a bracelet, then just a hint of perfume. I was very cautious as I didn't want to risk ruining my pretty nails which were not completely dry yet.

Jeannie found me in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection, as usual. I knew I'd never tire of seeing myself as a woman.

We spent an hour or so sitting around the breakfast table, discussing yesterday's events. Jeannie was particularly interested in my reactions to having spent the day as a woman.

"You seemed to be more at ease," she said. "No typical teen-age hostility about having to spend time with your aunt. You know, like the way you used to act. As a boy, you're very quiet and unsure of yourself, but you seemed different when you became Karen. You talked to me like any other adult would. You appeared to be more comfortable, even with yourself."

"I was very nervous at the start," I said, "but as soon as I realized people didn't take me for anything other than a girl, I relaxed and began to enjoy myself. I liked the way men stared at me and the attention I got from the salesman in the shoe store. But I guess I'm confused about why I enjoyed it so much."

Jeannie looked at me for a moment, as if deciding whether she should tell me what was on her mind, then replied, "I've always sensed a lot of femininity in you, even at an early age. I thought it was better to encourage what was natural in you rather than try to force you to be something you weren't, so I gave you every opportunity to express that side of your personality. The reason I think you enjoyed yesterday was because you finally accepted that this is the real you. If you agree with me and want to continue to explore, then I'm more than willing to let you develop your female side as quickly as you want."

I had to admit I'd never been very happy as a boy. I was much smaller than the rest of the boys my age and very quiet, so they teased me a lot and rarely allowed me into their group. I spent most of my time playing with the girls in the neighborhood. I guess I liked playing with them better anyway, and they always treated me as one of them. I know there had been times I wished I'd been born a girl, but would rather have died than admit that to anyone. That is, until now.

"I guess that's why I was always happy when you allowed me to wear girl's clothes," I admitted. "I've even worn panties under my clothes at other times. I love the way they make me feel." I could feel myself blush as I admitted that to her.

She laughed and told me she'd known it all along. "The reason I took so much time and effort yesterday was to let you experience being a real girl. I think you're old enough to begin making some decisions for yourself. If you want to try living as a girl, then this would be the perfect time to start. You're just about to graduate from grammar school, and if you decide to be Karen all the time, then all we'll have to do is to switch school districts and register you in high school as a girl. You don't have to make up your mind yet. We've still got about six weeks left before registration. Think about it for a while, and we'll discuss it again before then."

The prospect of living as Karen enchanted me, but to be honest, it also scared the heck out of me. It meant becoming another person and committing to a completely different way of life.

"I think I want to try it, but first I need to know what you'll expect of me. Does that mean I have to remain Karen for the rest of my life? And what about if I meet somebody and get serious? There are so many things to consider."

Jeannie reached over and took my hand in hers. "You can always be anything you want as far as I'm concerned. If you find being Karen is not what you want, then we'll try anything you feel might be right for you. And as far as the opposite sex goes, if you're a girl I'd expect you to act like any other girl and date the boys you go to school with. It's up to you to tell someone you care about whatever you feel is right for the two of you. Just remember, I'm completely open to anything you want to try. As long as you're happy, that's all that really matters."

"How about if we try it for the next few weeks," I said, "and if I like it and want to continue as a girl, then we can register me in school as Karen."

"Then Karen it will be," she smiled, "at least for a while. Let's get the dishes out of the way so we can begin working out all the details. This is going to be fun! I don't think we'll have any problems with the people in the neighborhood. They're all so snobby. They never take much notice of us anyway. If someone asks, I'll say my nephew went to boarding school and you're my niece from upstate who's come to live with me. I refuse to sneak around. We're going to go wherever we've been going. You look so different and so much more mature as Karen, I'm sure no one will ever recognize the old you."

As we were determined to finish all the shopping we hadn't completed the day before, we hurried through the dishes and then drove off to the mall.

We arrived at the mall just as it was opening. Jeannie felt positive we'd finish all our shopping that day. She wanted me to be able to settle in as Karen and she thought it would help if I had my own wardrobe.

"Karen," she said, "if you see something you'd like and it's not on our list, be sure to tell me. We've got plenty of money to spend and I want to get as much as we can today. Once all this shopping is out of the way, we can concentrate on completing your training to be a young lady."

"Ok, I'll tell you if I see something. I guess I won't be sure of everything I'll need until I get some more practice though. What more do I need to know right away?"

"Honey, you got to learn more about makeup and more about doing your own hair. If you like, we can let it grow longer. It's a nice length now, but most girls your age have longer hair. Besides, I think it'd be cute. Many boys these days have long hair, so I don't think anyone will say anything about it if you decide not to dress as Karen. We can even get your ears pierced."

"Also," she added, "I want you to take some time every day to experiment with clothes. I'll get you some fashion magazines and they'll give you some ideas, but you should also look at what other girls your age are wearing."

"Oh, I'd love to let my hair grow," I answered excitedly, "and it'd be fun, especially getting my ears pierced. Please don't think I'm silly, Aunt Jeannie, but I'm so happy when I'm Karen and wearing girl's things."

"What's silly about that? I loved being a girl when I was your age and I still do. Half the fun of being a teenager was dressing up in new clothes or reading about them. The other half was talking about boys with other girls my own age. You can do that once you make some friends as Karen."

"Do you think I'll be able to, Aunt Jeannie? It's so hard for me to believe I can pass myself off as a girl that well. I don't know what I'd do if someone realized I was really a boy and then told everyone I know about it. I'd just die of embarrassment."

"Karen, you're as much a girl as I am. How many times do I have to tell you that you look and act just like any other girl. All you need is to develop some self confidence. Don't worry, it'll come in time and then you'll have as many girl friends and boy friends as any girl your age."

Well, I guess I had to believe her. No one had treated me as if they were aware of my being different, so they must think of me as a girl. I know I was beginning to think of myself that way.

We continued with our shopping, buying a robe and more pretty lingerie. Jeannie insisted I buy one very dressy dress. I finally found one at Nieman-Marcus. It was a beautiful shade of pale rose eyelet lace, with cap sleeves, a scalloped neckline and a full skirt. I felt like a princess in it. Once I had it on, I didn't want to take it off.

We went to the cosmetics counter and the saleslady showed me what makeup would look best for my complexion and skin. She showed me how to apply it and how I should change it for evening wear. She was so wonderful to me. Aunt Jeannie said she had even learned a few tricks.

Next, we went to the junior sportswear department, where, much to my dislike, Jeannie insisted I buy some more pants in addition to some of the skirts and blouses I'd already selected. She said all girls my age wear pants, usually jeans, so I had to wear them occasionally, just so I'd fit in. I hated them, but I knew she was right, so I picked out jeans and one pair of dressier pants.

After that, we went to the shoe department where I bought some dressy shoes to wear with my new dress and some casual shoes for everyday. We finished up at one of the jewelry boutiques where I bought some necklaces, four pairs of earrings and two rings. I also had my ears pierced.

It was too early to go home, so we returned to the tea room where we had had lunch yesterday and then, after going to the car to lock up all our packages, we took in a movie at the theater in the mall.

It had been another great day for me. I'd spent it totally as a girl with no one wondering if I was a male. We'd spent tons of money on a new wardrobe for me. I'd can't remember ever having been more excited.

When we returned home, I held another fashion show for Jeannie, this time behaving like the models I'd seen on television. I swirled, trying to look sophisticated. I acted so outrageously that she was in tears by the time I'd finished.

"Karen," she said between bursts of laughter, "you really were meant to be a girl. I've never seen you so happy, or so comfortable with yourself. You used to act like such a child when you were a boy. Now, you don't act any differently than most of my friends. You've grown up in one weekend and come out of your shell. I want you to stop thinking of me as Aunt Jeannie. Let's just pretend we're girl friends, not aunt and niece, Ok?"

That made me stop and think. "You mean you'll treat me like a girl friend, rather than a niece? That's fine with me. I feel like we're friends already."

"I want us to continue as we started this weekend," she said, "as equals. You'll learn about being a girl faster that way and we can share a lot more time if we're friends. I'll teach you all the feminine wiles and show you how to act around men. Would that please you?"

"It guess it would, but I know I'll be very embarrassed, so you'll have to be patient with me. I know if I spend most of my time as a girl, I'll need to know more about men. It's just that I'm still a little tense about having any kind of relations with a guy. I think I'd like to try it, but yet I'm afraid of what it means."

"I understand what you're saying," she answered. "I won't push you into anything you don't feel comfortable with. I'll just teach you what you need to know if you decide you want to date men. You're more girl than boy now, or so it seems. It would only be natural for you to date men. Besides, do you remember what I told you about being bisexual? Many people are these days. It's nothing to be ashamed of."

"If sex with men is as fun as it is with you," I said, "then I'm sure I'll try it. You make me so horny, even though you're female and I feel I am too. So maybe it doesn't matter to me what a person is. Is it as much fun with a man?"

"You'll love dating as Karen, I'm sure of it. It's great fun to have a man fuss over you and buy you presents. Being pampered is one of the best parts of dating, but I'm sure you'll find sex with a man just as wonderful. Just try it a few times and if it doesn't turn you on, then you can try some alternatives. But whatever you do, don't knock it until you've tried it."

I had to admit she was making sense. "I guess it'll be fine once I learn how to act. Do you think boys will really want to date me?"

"Honey, when you get prettied up like you did this weekend, you're as beautiful as any other girl, really you are. Please don't think I'm saying that just because I love you. It's absolutely true, I swear it."

I knew from my many trips to the mirror that I wasn't too bad looking. I knew men liked my appearance from the looks I got at the mall, but I couldn't quite believe I was beautiful, in spite of what Aunt Jeannie said. I decided I'd work hard to make the best of what I had. I'd learn all about makeup and clothes and I'd listen very closely when she taught me how to act around men. Maybe then I'd be able to find someone who liked me.

The rest of the day we spent talking. She gave me tons of tips on being a lady, taught me how to act around men, especially on a date and told me many funny stories about her dating days. We'd never been so close or spent so much time talking to one another. I guess we both loosened up once we had things in common to discuss.

The next seven weeks flew by. We went everywhere together and quickly became close friends, and I was more comfortable as Karen with each passing day.

We both knew after about the first week I was truly meant to be Karen. So somewhere in the second week we sent a slightly altered record of my grades (we only had to change my first name) to the high school I'd be attending in the fall. Jeannie had called there earlier and was assured I'd be accepted for September.

The next day she called a close girl friend of hers who was a doctor. She explained that her niece Karen from Cleveland had come to live with her and would be starting high school in the fall. She said as I was extremely shy and couldn't bear to get undressed or shower in front of the other girls in school. It would be a very traumatic experience for me if I had to take gym classes. Her friend was very understanding and agreed to send a letter that would get me excused from gym classes, but only if Jeannie would promise to get a professional to help me with my problem. Jeannie assured her she would.

When she hung up, she laughed and said, "If you had to shower with the other girls, I'm sure it would be more traumatic for them than it would be for you. You'd probably love it."

"By the way," she continued," I've got a surprise for you. I decided last week that we needed to redecorate your room, so I ordered new furniture for you. Also, there's a new carpet coming and a man will be over today to put up new wallpaper. All those boy's things in there looked ludicrous. But that's all I'm going to tell you about it. We're going out to lunch and a movie and when we come back, I was promised all the work would be done."

"Oh, Aunt Jeannie," I said. "You're so good to me. I swear I'm going to work very hard in school so you'll be proud of me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I ran over to her a gave her a hug. God, I was so lucky!

We went to the movies, but I don't even remember what the film was about. When we left the theater, I ran to the car. "Come on," I shouted, "I can't wait to get home." I let out a squeal of delight.

Jeannie looked at me with obvious pleasure in her eyes. As we drove home, she reached over and held my hand.

"Karen honey, every day I'm more sure we're making the right choice. You were meant to be female, I just know it. In the last month you've almost caught up for a lifetime of not being a girl, and you now act like every other teen-aged girl I've ever met, even to that squeal of excitement you let out a few minutes ago. I'm so happy for you and I know you're a lot happier, too."

As we pulled into the driveway, I saw the decorator from Sampson's, a local furniture store, standing in the doorway. She was a very pretty, petite blonde, somewhere in her early thirties I guessed. She waved and told us everything that all the work had been completed as promised.

I began to run into the house, dying to see what my room looked like, but Jeannie took me by the arm. "I know you're excited sweetie, but that's no excuse for not acting like a lady. I want to introduce you to Mrs. Brooks. Joan, this is my niece, Karen."

I made myself slow down and be polite. "I'm very pleased to meet you, Mrs. Brooks. Thank you so much for helping with my room."

She gave me a warm smile. "I'm very glad to meet you, Karen. You're just as pretty as your aunt said you were. But you don't have me to thank for your room. It was all your aunt's idea. I hope you'll be very pleased with it."

Sensing that I couldn't hold back any longer, Jeannie released my arm and said, "Let's go see what it looks like. I'm almost as excited as you are, Karen."

I rushed in and, when I finally saw what had been done, I was beside myself with joy. I couldn't believe it. It was beautiful, like something out of a dream. More beautiful than I could have hoped for!

There was a double bed with a canopy, a matching triple dresser and a lighted makeup table, all made of maple. The wall-to-wall carpet was a pale shade of pink and felt like it was a about a foot deep. The walls had been redone with a flowery pink and green wallpaper. The bed was covered with a white eyelet spread and the windows had white curtains that matched the bedspread.