Kath and Tom Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The phone on my desk rings but I just ignore it, a little annoyed with Allison, what about no calls does she not understand. Then there is a knock on the door and Allison pops her head in. "Sorry Tom but it's Kath on the phone"

I do not even look up "Take a message and shut the door on your way out." I am sure if I had looked up the expression on Allison's face would have been one of astonishment.

Two weeks before Kath cuts me off from sex it is clear Fielding is now confident to step up his game. He is more than a little flirtatious. I am angry to see so is Kath and now she is not only responding to him but actually instigating some of it. Of course this is also the time of the long late night phone calls and it is abundantly clear the beginning of the affair.

I need a break so head out to grab some lunch and a coffee. As I head past Allison's desk she calls out. "Tom you have a message from Kath"

"Thanks" I do not stop or look back just keep heading out the door.

Sitting in the coffee shop now contemplating my next move. I am the guy that makes thinking's happen. I know the other day I had told Kath if she ever cheated on me then there would be a divorce. Now faced with not having Kath in my life I knew it wasn't what I wanted. However in the end it may be inevitable if I could not find a way to trust her again. Suddenly I released I was being more than a little arrogant and presumptuous. When I finally confront her she may just chose Fielding. Be that what it may, tonight Kath and I are going to talk, enough is enough.

On the way back to my office Allison finally gives me Kath's message. Kath will be late home she is seeing a friend after work. That simple message decides it for me.

It is 10 pm when I hear Kath's car come up the drive. I have a plan and the first part is to confront her as soon as she comes through the door.

Kath walks through the door and gives me a look. "Sorry Hun I hope you don't mind? But I have said Sue can stay with us for a while." She says as Sue follows her through the door.

So a change of tack, "So can I get you ladies a drink"

This is meet with smiles and a combined "Yes please"

Pouring two large scotches and grabbing myself a beer. Handing the girls their drinks I casually head past them into the hall way and out the door. I must have been fifteen minutes down the road before they realised I was gone. My phone rings it is Kath, I ignore it and keep driving heading for the South Side. Another five minutes passes before she tries again. By the time I reach the hotel Kath has rung ten times and Sue twice. I turn my phone off.

When I turn it back on their last call had been at 2 15am before they had given up. I listen to the first message, Kath seemed relaxed but was wondering where I was and what time I would be home. They then slowly got a little more concerned but it was clear they had not put together Kath's affair and me walking out the door. In fact they somehow thought it was about Sue coming to stay. The last one was Kath sobbing and desperate, she knew something was wrong but not what. For a second it crossed my mind that maybe I had put two and two together and come up with five. Surely if you are having an affair and your husband walks out it is bloody obvious that they are connected. I turn my phone off again.

Saturday drags on. For a man who prides himself on making things happen and getting it done I wasn't doing much of a job. Sue walking in with Kath had really thrown me off and I have no idea why. I told myself it wasn't the right time to confront Kath about her infidelity in front of Sue, considering her current situation. However there was something more and again I cannot put my finger on it.

I have the good sense to have a decent meal before finding myself sitting at the bar well on my way to drinking way too much. Shots and beers.

I call out to the barman "Bob hit me again"

The guy walk's over, scowls then points to the name tag on his shirt. "The names Aaron" but he still pours me another shot before walking off talking to himself.

There is a bit of a commotion going on behind me that gets my attention. Some bloke is harassing some girl who looks too young to be in here, then again this is the South Side and the rules are a little different over here. It is just what I have been waiting for. I get off my chair and wander over.

They girl is snarling at him "get your fucking hands off me"

"Fuck you bitch, I have been paying for your drinks all night and you think you can just fuck off?" the lad is a monster. 6' 3'' and 260 pounds.

"Fuck you, you can stick your drinks..." she suddenly realises the scene she is making and again makes to walk away.

The guy reaches out "No you don't bitch"

I clamp my hand down hard over his wrist. "The lady said no dick wad"

Just as I was hoping, no guy from the South Side is going to stand for this. Jerking free then fronting up he snarls "Get your fucking hands off me"

I waited knowing this guy was going to make his move. Then I heard a booming voice from behind me "Peter"

Anger flashed in the boys eyes but his body language instantly changed he was no longer going to strike out.

The man with the booming voice says "Sorry Tom my boy gets a little carried away at times" I turn to see Patrick McCarty a mountain of a man.

I looked at the girl but saw not gratitude only announce. "No need for you to butt in mister"

I look at her then say "You look like your mother" Then turn and walk back to the bar. Downed the shot and called out to the barman "Bob another drink here."

I had done a pretty good job of pissing him off. "The names Aaron moron" and again he pointed to his name tag.

"Yeah but Aaron is such a shit name for a barman Bob" and I just smiled "so another drink Bob"

"You have had enough, it is time you left" I have really pissed this bloke off.

Rising menacingly from my chair I lower my voice and growl "And who is going to make me, would that be you shit head?"

Just then she appeared out of nowhere and stood behind Aaron and placed a beer in front of me. Still a vision, tall leggy beautiful and blonde. "Tom Harrison you stop tormenting my bar staff." And with that she turned and wander up the bar.

"You know Sally your arse looks magnificent in those jeans" I called after her.

Without stopping but looking back over her shoulder she says. "Tom Harrison if you were not a happily married man it would be all yours"

Aaron is staring daggers at me. I lift my beer "Cheers Bob"

Just then I heard her voice. "Here he is mum the guy who was trying to pick a fight with poor Pete. He said I look like you"

I turn, she is still beautiful and there is no mistaking that the girl is her daughter. She closed the gap between us, throws her arms around my neck and proceeds to smoother me in kisses, before burying her head into my chest and begins to sob.

Finally she looks up and over to the beautiful young girl. "Karen this is your Uncle Tommy"

I haven't seen my sister Mary in over thirteen years. Karen had only been six. She is married to a drunk who likes to hit her. Well let's say he and I had words that left him in hospital for a week. When he got out she chose him over me and that was the last time we had spoken.

"What are you doing back here baby?" Mary asks. She must have read the hurt in my face. "Come on let's get out of here"

I left a large tip for Bob the barman, I had enjoyed winding him up so though it only fair. Said my goodbyes to the very sexy Sally, then headed out the door arm in arm with two beautiful women. We crossed the road and entered the lobby of my hotel. Then over coffee spent the next two hours catching up.

Mary had put up with Gary, her drunken husband for another four years. After our little chat that left him in hospital he had been somewhat more circumspect with his fists. That did not mean that she was still not subject to the odd backhander. It was when Karen received her first backhander that Mary left the bastard. As bad as Gary was the one thing you could not call him was lazy. He had always been able to hold down a full time job and along with Mary working as a waitress they had managed a good living. Not rich but a good living. However the moment he left things got hard for Mary and Karen. For the last nine years they had really struggled, while up town I was living the good life. What kind of brother am I?

I find out Karen is quite the athlete and had received a soccer scholarship to the local university, only to have it withdrawn after she damaged her knee. She had completed her first year of an education degree with honours. However without her scholarship she was unable to continue.

I thought Kath will soon have this sorted and I will not only be paying for a wedding but also another young ladies education. It kind of gives me a warm feeling inside before I suddenly remembered there is no Kath and I.

It is getting late and I am really in no mood to share my troubles with my sister. Mary knew me well enough to know something was wrong and seems Kath is not here you did not have to be a rocket scientist to work it out. However she has the good sense to leave it alone for now. Both Mary and Karen have to work the next day so I arrange to meet them for dinner.

It is Sunday night and I have just enjoy a good meal with my beautiful sister and gorgeous niece. Mary smiles then says "Ok Tommy let's hear it"

So I tell them my story. It turns out to be a real relief being able to share it with someone. Karen thinks I am reading too much into it and is sure Kath would not be cheating on me. And that I should go straight home and talk to her.

Mary did not say as such but I got the impression she has come to the same conclusion I have. She however also agrees with Karen and thinks I should be talking to Kath.

Really I am no fool and I know I should be talking with Kath but sometimes you just do not want hear what's to be said. If nothing else good come out of this fucking mess at least I have found my sister and niece again.

To be continued, where Tom finds out more. Gains a little retribution and to the winner goes the spoils.