All Comments on 'Late Night Essay'

by rexfelis

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
janevalenzjanevalenzover 19 years ago
wow

I've been writing for several years and my mom definitely doesn't know about my erotica. Either that, or she's in denial about it if she came across the "Secret box" in my room. You bring up a lot of valid points, especially about the differences between erotica and porn. I would happen to agree with the fact that a lot of Americans are prudes. I have the problem of only being able to have frank sexual discussions with people who are just interested in having sex with me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Excellent Points But Lost in Structure

I really value your essay! You make a lot of valid points, and I really respect how your mother approves of your erotica writing. I think we wish we all had mothers who understood why we have things like pornography and write erotic fiction.

You really struck an EXCELLENT key when you discussed what porn, erotica, and art is. I've never been able to define clearly what each one is myself. I'm personally convinced, it seemed like you were too, that they are almost ALL the same thing. But the better question would be - is it all ART or SMUT? Friends never understand me whenever I claim porn to be an art form. Isn't it in some way? Just think about it.

Unfortunately, I have considered closing out your essay after the first several paragraphs. Some of your essay seemed a little disorganized, and it seemed like you were rambling at times. You really picked up speed near the end and I now value your essay.

If only people would respect erotica and writing like your mother and (possibly) your grandfather.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous