Learning the Rules Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You would be remiss if there wasn't one more thing Alexandra. What's that?"

"I just wanted to tell you that I don't know how you do it, but you do it very well. I'm not sure how you can take me from hating the way I look and think about myself, not to mention being vividly angry with you, to thinking I look beautiful and sensual."

"I don't understand how you can convince me that your love bites are actually sexy and attractive just by talking to me, but you did. I also don't understand how you can describe my body and my response in such accurate detail but you did. I'm not sure there is anything different that you can say or do which can have a more powerful impact on me or make me feel any better about myself than you've already done. So, I wanted to say thank you."

"It is my pleasure Alexandra. You're welcome. FYI, it would help deal with the situation faster if the next time something like this happens you don't yell or shout at me. Then I won't have to hang up on you and waste valuable time being angry when we can resolve the issue by talking about it. That will be another priority of ours to work on and correct. Immediately if not sooner."

"So you say!" Her voice is light.

"So I will continue to say!" He reprimands.

"And Alexandra?" Jamison hesitates, debating his next sentence.

"Yes?"

"You should be aware that depending on your decision, these may not be the last marks I leave on your body. If you say yes, I will leave my marks fairly often. Marks you will learn to appreciate at first, then want, and finally beg for them."

"Oh! I...I...I don't know what to say to that Jamison." Her body trembles. Is it fear or excitement she wonders.

"You don't have to say anything. It is simply a statement of fact. I want you to understand that." His tone is even.

"I hear what you're saying." She is quiet as she replays his words in her head, digesting them slowly.

"I hope you do Alexandra, I hope you do." He takes a deep breath and sighs. "I have to go or I'll be late for Ashley."

"Ok. Bye."

"Bye."

~~~~~~~~~~

Jamison goes to put his phone down then decides he needs to play it safe. He's not going to drive into the city and then be stood up for brunch by Ashley. Also, it will give him a chance to inform Ashley that he doesn't want her to share any of the details of their conversation with Alexandra. He opens his contact list and hits Ashley's name. She answers on the second ring.

"Hi Jamie. Good Morning."

Ashley is a little apprehensive about meeting with Jamison but she knows she owes it to him. Besides there is no way Stephan was going to let her get out of it anyway. The only option he gave her was if she wanted him to go to brunch with her. That's the last thing she wants. If Jamison puts her on the hot seat and she has to incriminate herself in any other issues, she doesn't want Stephan to have a front row seat. She would rather take her chances that Jamison wouldn't go to Stephen after the fact. It doesn't matter, she is on her own.

"Good Morning Ashley. I'm just checking to see if we are still on for brunch. I know how unexpected things can pop up and force you to change your plans at the last minute. I didn't want to drive into Philly and be disappointed that you were unable to make our date."

Ashley can hear that he is teasing with her, but at the same time totally serious about not being stood up.

"Ha! Ha! Jamie. Nothing unexpected will be popping up. Don't worry, I'll be there. Besides, my husband informed me yesterday that I wasn't to come down with any cold symptoms or a head ache overnight. So your harassing call is unnecessary. Thank you very much." Her voice is light and playful.

"It's nice to hear that Stephan has my back. Would you like for me to pick you up or do you want to meet me there?"

"No thanks. It's nice out this morning I'll just walk over and meet you there. I made a ten thirty reservation at Bridget Foy's, is that good for you?"

"That's fine, thanks for taking care of that. I'll see you there at ten thirty."

"Ok. I'll see you there."

"Ashley before you go I would like to talk to you about one other issue. I would really prefer it if you didn't share any of our discussion today with Alexandra. Will you do that for me?"

"I don't see why, but if that is how you want it then yes, I'll do that for you. Will you do the same for me and not discuss any of our conversation with Stephan?" She knows he will most likely say no, but she has to give it a shot.

"Ashley, you know that is a totally different question and situation from what I asked of you." He sounds a little disappointed that she would ask it of him and put him in a potentially uncomfortable situation with Stephan.

"I know. I thought I would give it a try. You can't blame a girl for trying. Besides, I knew before I asked that you wouldn't agree to it." She gives him her flirty giggle.

"Well I'm glad to hear you say that. For a minute there I was a little disappointed in your attempt to play me with Stephan.

"Please, sometimes I think my husband is more loyal to you than to me."

"You know that isn't true."

"I know it isn't true, but that doesn't stop the thought from entering my head, especially the past few days. I swear Jamie; I think he is more distraught over what I did than I think you are right now. If I get a disappointed look from him one more time, I'm going to scream. I can't wait until you and I meet and resolve this so that Stephan and I can move on with it also."

"Ash, he feels that way because he believes that you broke not only the trust I had in you, but the trust he has in you. If he can't trust you, his wife, who can he trust? You know you mean the world to him. I suggest you take the looks and the reprimands and do whatever you can to restore that trust. Have you apologized to him?"

"I apologized that very night. He just is having a hard time letting it go. I think if it had been anyone other than you, this wouldn't be such a big deal."

"Oh Ashley, you are so wrong about that. Let's talk more about this at brunch. I'll see you at ten thirty."

"Ok Jamison. See you later. Drive safe."

"Will do. Bye."

An hour later Jamison was in his car and headed out to meet Ashley. Just as Ashley mentioned, it was a nice morning. The sun was out and for a September day, it was surprisingly warm again. Jamison turned off the Schuylkill Expressway at the South Street Exit and headed down South Street to Bridget Foy's. Luckily, he was able to park right on Head House Square and walk across to the restaurant.

Ashley was waving to him from an outside table in the far back corner. He was happy to see that their table was set away from the others and wondered if she was responsible for that.

As he walked to the table he contemplated how he would greet her. It was common place for him to greet Ashley with a kiss and a hug. He just wasn't sure he wanted her to feel too comfortable right from the start. She did seem contrite on the phone and it sounded to him like Stephan had kept some pressure on her over the past day or so. He decided to give her a little break.

"Hi Jamie," she said as she moved her chair back so he could get around the corner of the table.

"Good Morning." He leans down and kisses Ashley's cheek and then the top of her head as he maneuvers his way to the area of the table right next to her. "Nice table, secluded."

"I know the manager, we both go to the city gym, and I asked her if she could have the table moved back here so no one would be seated too near us. I thought it best if we have a little privacy. But don't be surprised if we get looks. I think she might think I'm having an affair with you." She giggled.

"Oh Little One, how am I supposed to stay mad at you if you keep saying things like that?" He looks at her shaking his head.

"Wow! You must have had a good weekend so far. I didn't expect to be greeted with a kiss and then to be called by your pet name was a bonus. But you almost sounded forgiving there for a second Jamie. Dare I hope?"

Although her words were a little playful, he knew she had been worrying how their conversation would go. He did love Ashley and he knew he was going to forgive her, but he thought he would drag out her punishment a little longer before he left her off the hook. Now, he saw no benefit it in. He could see she was tired and from what she said on the phone, Stephan was extending his punishment on her. Since he was in such a good mood, he dropped his initial plan and went with an on the spot plan B.

"Listen Ashley, to be truthful, I had planned to make you squirm for a while. I was going to give you my intense stare and tell you how disappointed I am in you and I am. However, I can tell just by looking at you that you haven't been sleeping well and if what you said earlier is true, you have been punished enough from Stephan. So, I would like to talk honestly with you and try to enjoy our brunch. How does that sound to you?"

"Jamie, that sounds wonderful! Thank you!"

Tears start to well in her eyes as she leans over and gives Jamison a big hug and kiss. She looks at him and smiles, "Now the manager is really going to think we are having an affair. I kiss and hug you and now I'm almost crying." He takes the white linen napkin from his plate and wipes the few tears that escaped down her cheeks.

"Thank you, Jamie. I was so worried that you were going to say you didn't want to talk to me anymore. I was worried that this could end our friendship and really have an impact on your relationship with Stephan. He's still a little mad at me."

"It's not going to end our friendship. I do forgive you, but I told you the other night if you ever do anything like this again, it will end our friendship. I meant it then and I still mean Ashley. I can remain friends with Stephan and still block you from my life and I will if this ever happens again. Are we clear on that?"

"Yes Jamie. It will never happen again. I promise." She wipes away the last tear and gives him a small smile.

"Now I want to address something you said on the phone earlier. You need to know that if this were anyone else other than me, this would be a much bigger deal. Right now, because it is me, you and by association Stephan are protected. He knows this will stay between us. As long as, you don't share any information with anyone else. That's part of the reason why I don't want you talking to Alexandra about any of this. I don't want her to feel the burden of keeping anyone's secrets. You should know though, that if it were someone else you 'outed,' they would have our whole community aware of it by now. You and Stephan would not be welcomed at any functions, public or private. That would seriously limit your social time in the scene.

"I didn't think of that." She admitted quietly.

Just then, the waitress approached. They ordered coffee and a light brunch before the young woman left them with a small basket of Danish.

"I believe that is part of what Stephan is concerned about. Not that you would both be 'persona non grata,' because Stephan would put you first and wouldn't care about that aspect of things. What concerns him is that you didn't think of the repercussions of your actions." He informs her in almost a parental tone.

"Don't forget, Stephan's client list contains a lot of our community members on it. If they can't trust him personally, then they would most likely not trust him professionally. What you did could have had a major effect on your lives and life style. It could have easily affected you both personally and professionally. I think that is what you have to discuss with Stephan."

"Oh my God, Jamie you are so right. That is what would worry Stephan. He's worried that since I didn't realize the potential fallout from my big mouth that I could do it again. I'll talk to him about this as soon as I get home. I don't want him to worry that this will ever happen again. I definitely don't want him worried that he can't trust me. I'm going to do everything I can to fix this for him. I promise."

"Ashley, you also need to apologize to him. Apologize for breaking his trust, not just for what you did to me. It's more important that you make that your priority. I'll let him know that we talked and that I forgive you. I'll let him know that there are no hard feelings and that everything between the three of us is good. You work on repairing what is damaged between the two of you."

"Jamie." She looked at him like he just gave her the best birthday gift ever.

"Yes. What is it?" He looked worried about what she was about to say.

"I'm truly sorry. I know I said that to you that night but I want you to know that I am truly sorry in my heart. I will never do anything to hurt you or jeopardize our friendship. I think of you as part of our family. I don't know what I would have done if you didn't forgive me."

"Thank you, Little One. You are part of my family too. You and Stephan are a big part of my family and my life. I would like to keep it that way, so please behave." He winked as he said it.

"I love you. I hope you know that." She leaned over and kissed him again.

Just as she did it, the waitress brought their coffee and brunch order. She placed it on the table as she watched and tried to hear some of their conversation. Her manager told her to pay attention when she served them and let her know if she thought something was going on. So far, she was sure there was. They had kissed a few times, held hands the man even wiped some tears from her face. Now she told him she loved him. They were definitely lovers. She couldn't wait to tell her manager.

"I love you too Ashley. I love you too." As Jamison said it, the young waitress giggled and blushed.

"If you don't mind my saying it, you two make a handsome couple."

Jamison looked at Ashley and winked. She smiled back knowing he was about to do something outrageous.

"Thanks, but don't tell anyone. See she's the wife of my best friend and this is our first date alone." He took Ashley's hand in his and brought it to his lips. "Keep it our secret will you." He said to the waitress as he kissed Ashley's hand.

"Oh, yes. I won't say a word. Just so you know, my manager was asking me to eavesdrop on your conversation. Don't worry though I'm not going to tell her a thing." She smiled as she walked away.

"Jamie, you really are incorrigible!" She laughed as she took the hand that just held hers and she kissed it.

"Ashley, I hope you plan on dropping the manager off your friend list. You might also want to consider changing the gym you go to." They both laughed as they started to eat their food and enjoy the rest of their brunch date.

~~~~~~~~~~

Monday morning seemed to come a lot faster for Alexandra this weekend. It seemed like she just left work Friday night and before she knew it she was back at her desk. It didn't help that she came in an hour early to make sure everything was prepared for her nine o'clock meeting with the members representing The Children's Rehab and of course Jamison Montgomery and his team. There were two other benefactors for the project, but they both were sending someone else to represent them at the meeting. Of course, Jamison was the only benefactor that was actually involved in the construction and design business so he had much more input. He also happened to be the largest financial donation to the project.

Meg came in early to help with and supervise the set up. She double checked everything before she returned to the office to give an update to Alexandra.

"Alex, the conference room is ready. I checked the AV system and it is working fine. Your disc is already in you just have to hit play. Do you want the presentation manuals at the seats or do you want to hand them out?"

"I'll hand them out. I like to look eye to eye with everyone and call them by name. It makes it more personal and sometimes takes the edge off of the presentation. I've met most of the hospital reps before. Though there are some unknowns in the room. Thanks for taking care of that Meg."

"No problem, do you need anything else?" She asked before leaving.

"I think I'm good. Everything is ready. We'll just have to hope for the best. I've done all I could do up to this point. We'll need to see what comments and suggestions they have and wait until they make their decision. The good news is we're the last presentation, so they should let us know relatively soon."

Nine o'clock arrives and Alexandra gives her presentation. There are a few questions and comments but nothing unexpected. Jamison had the most to say. He must have asked a dozen or more questions. All of which of course where valid questions and demanding of a detailed answer. Because of him the meeting ran late and he probably still had more questions.

Alexandra and Gary Mitchell, one of the firms VP's who attended the meeting, were saying good bye to all of the attendee's. Alex noted that Jamison was hanging around in the back of the room looking at some of the three-D models of the project. Alexandra was trying to avoid one on one conversation with him so she whispered into Gary's ear.

"I think he might want a little more attention. He's the money man, so maybe you should go over and talk to him. If he has any specific questions, I'll stay here to answer them."

Gary nodded and walked over to Jamison. They talked for a while and then Gary shook Jamison's hand, smiled, nodded, and walked him out of the conference room. On the way out, Alexandra was waiting at the door to the conference room. Jamison stopped by Alexandra and spoke with her for a moment.

"That was an excellent presentation Ms. Newman. Once again you have 'performed' beyond expectations." He said as he winked and smiled at her. "Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I have a few more that I would like to discuss with you, I wish I had time now, but I'm already late for my next meeting."

"Thank you Mr. Montgomery and you are most welcome. You always know, 'just what to say'." She returned his word play and smiled as he raised his brow at her familiar comment.

"If you still have questions, feel free to call or email them. I will get my responses to you as soon as possible."

"That won't be necessary Alex." Gary said. "Mr. Montgomery has some free time this evening and has offered to take you to dinner to clear up any questions he has. I accepted on your behalf, I hope you don't mind. We wouldn't want to hold up the group's decision, so it would be most beneficial if you are able to go tonight." He said it as if she had any other option.

"That's fine Gary. A girl has to eat; it might as well be in good company. When did you have in mind Mr. Montgomery?" She asked. Jamison noticed just a little tinge of sarcasm in her voice.

"Good, then I'll leave you two to discuss your arrangements." Her V.P shook Jamison's hand again before leaving.

"That was smooth Jamison. Really, did you have to come up with that excuse to ask me for dinner?" She winked.

"Alexandra, you should know that I don't have to look for an excuse to do something. If I want to do it, I do it. I wanted to have dinner with you so I mentioned that the committee would have to make their decision soon and that I had more questions. I may have mentioned that I would be in the city tonight. It was your boss who suggested the dinner meeting." He smirked.

"That may be true, but I'm sure you led him to say exactly what you wanted him to say."

"Really Alexandra, you give me too much credit. My Special Powers don't work like that." She laughed at him. "I can pick you up at seven if that's good for you. Should I pick you up here or at your apartment?"

"I want to go home first would it be too much trouble to pick me up there?"