Maria's Misconceptions Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Still, he was so much in love with Maria. . . On the drive back home, he thought about Gary. He could very well understand why Gary had gone into the mental state he had been in, Maria just had that kind of effect on people.

As he pulled into the drive, he noticed the server's car was still there,

"Surely not. . . No, she wouldn't. . . Would she?" Jace said quietly to himself.

He exited the car and shut the door gently, so as not to be heard. Then crept up and opened the front door, ever so slowly, and listened. His heart sank when he heard the unmistakable moans coming from inside. He slipped on in and looked around the corner into the living room. There, lying on the couch, was the process server, with Maria on top of him riding him for all she was worth.

Jace stood there, transfixed on the scene before him, more in shock than anything else. His first thought was to go in and pull her off of him, but his training as a divorce lawyer made him change his mind . A searing pain came over him. He'd seen the tapes of her gang bang and her tryst with Paul and Mark, but she most likely was coerced and seduced into the acts with them. This was different, he knew that she had just gone in and grabbed the guy, and what young man in his right mind would refuse some free pussy from a beautiful woman?

He reached into his pocket and took out his cell phone, making a short video of the activities on his couch, then slowly backed out of the front door, closing it gently. To hell with the file, he hadn't really felt like doing much today anyway.

As he sat down into his car, the reality of the situation hit him, and the tears started to fall. This was absolutely the worst pain that he had ever felt in his life. Jace barely held it together long enough to get back to his office. He went inside and Robin noticed that he hadn't brought anything back with him. She started to ask him about it, but when she looked at his face, she became immediately worried that something was terribly wrong. Robin rose from her desk and managed to get to him right before he closed the door to his office. Stepping inside, she closed the door behind her,

"Are you all right Mr Ballard? Are you ill?" Robin asked in a very worried tone.

Jace tried to talk, but his emotions were getting the best of him,

"I'll be fi. . ." was all he got out before the tears came.

He sat down at his desk and put his head down into his arms and started to sob. Robin, not sure what to do, went to him and put her arms around him,

"I'm right here Mr Ballard," she said in a quivering voice.

Seeing her boss like this truly saddened her, she had come to really admire him. He was a strong, gentle and very nice man and she knew now that he was very sensitive too.

After he calmed down, he explained the situation with Maria to Robin, and what he had witnessed a short time before, when he had returned home.

Robin didn't make any comments to him, other than she was sorry about Maria. She had developed a small crush on Jace after the first month of working for him. It wasn't the fact that he was a lawyer, or that he was so handsome, it was his demeanor and the loving and gentle way he treated people, plus the way that he loved his wife. It broke her heart to know that Maria was the cause of his pain, and now, after seeing him so emotional, her crush was even stronger.

That evening, Jace gathered up what he needed from the house and stayed at the small apartment inside of his office, letting Maria stay at the house. He always called to make sure she didn't have company before he went to the house for any reason, he didn't want to see her with anyone else, it was just too painful.

Maria had been served on a Tuesday, the process server returned every night that week. On Friday morning when he was getting ready to leave, Maria shocked him when she asked,

"Say, have you got any friends that might want to come over with you tonight?"

The twenty year old man thought about how hot it was seeing her getting fucked by two men on the plasma TV that first day,

"Fuck yeah, I know several, how many?" he said.

"Hell, I don't care. . . Not too many though, I don't want a big commotion," she replied.

"Oh yeah, I never did ask you. . . Just how old are you, anyway?" said the young man.

"A lady never tells, lets just say. . . I could be your grandmother and leave it at that."

"Really? Wow, you sure don't look it. . . I do know that your a MILF," he laughed.

That night, when the boy showed up, he had three of his friends with. . . We'll leave it at that. (another story, maybe?). They all left satisfied, as was Maria, and over the next few weeks, there were several repeats with the little group.

Thanksgiving and Christmas came and went, Maria never contacted her children, and she'd also started avoiding the young group of lovers that had been ganging up on her. They had given her many orgasms, but their attitudes and actions had started getting the better of her. There was one "DUUUUUUUDE" too many.

"Did we ever act like that when we were that age?" she thought, "this generation is fucked up. . .Jesus!"

She had started frequenting the Grandview Cafe on West 3rd Avenue almost nightly. It was an upscale establishment, with the solid oak bar right in the center of the room, and it was popular with the more mature, professional crowd. She lost count of the men she'd taken home. One of them was quite a large and muscular man, and happened to be there when her little 'clique' decided to pay a visit. That was also the last time they came over, he put the fear of God into them, so to speak. He had also scared her, and she never invited him back.

Just after the first of the year, Maria met Kevin Marshall. It was a Friday evening, and Kevin had wondered into the cafe just to get a beer, he got Maria's attention immediately. His jeans and Carhartt coat stuck out like a sore thumb in this place, and he looked as though he may have taken a wrong turn somewhere.

Maria walked over and slid up next to him at the bar,

"Hello stranger, you look like you're lost, can I buy you a drink?"

This was the first time in Kevin's life that any woman had ever offered to buy him a drink. He looked at her, curious as to what her motivations were.

"Well, I suppose. . . But you aren't mistaking me for someone else are you? I'm Kevin, by the way," he said.

"I'm Maria, and no I didn't mistake you for anyone, you just looked interesting, why don't we take our drinks and find a table?"

They got up and found a table and sat for the next couple of hours talking. She found that his full name was Kevin Joseph Marshall, he was fifty eight years old and had just moved to Columbus and into a small apartment on Broad Street. He worked for the Ohio Department of Transportation and was going to be working on local hi way project for approximately the next six months. He was divorced, his first wife had ran off with her boss (coincidence?). He hadn't been on a date or been with a woman since his wife had left him almost twenty years before.

Maria was smitten, and she couldn't get over the parallels that Kevin's life had to. . . It was just unreal. . . His face, the shape of his body, and especially his hair, his wiry black hair and mustache. Even his mannerisms and the way he dressed. . . He was the spitting image of Gary.

The same thing that had attracted her to Paul, he had resembled Gary, but this was just uncanny. . . Kevin could almost pass as his twin brother. She told him that she was in the middle of a divorce, but she didn't elaborate, not wanting to scare him away, or think that she was just a tramp, looking for a good time,

"I really like this guy," she thought to herself.

They left the cafe together, and as they approached the street, Kevin noticed that his truck had a flat tire,

"Oh, that's just great! And I don't have a spare," he proclaimed.

"I can give you a ride if you like, it's really no trouble," said Maria.

It was just before midnight when they arrived at Kevin's apartment. Kevin had really enjoyed her company this evening and he didn't want it to end, so he asked her if she would like to come in for some coffee,

"That's all I have, that's why I was at the bar to begin with, to get a beer," he said.

Maria felt the same, she found herself drawn to him, so she agreed to go in for a while. . . And spent the night. Saturday morning, she took him back to the Cafe, and he took the tire off of his truck to have it fixed. After that, they were together until Kevin left Monday morning for work.

Maria was in a state of total confusion, she had never fallen so far, so fast for anyone. . . Except Gary. Kevin hadn't just had sex with her, he had made love to her, she could feel the need that was inside of him. He was almost like a teenager having sex for the first time, he had been without a woman for so long, that he was nervous and not sure what to do, but he still gave Maria a very pleasurable experience. Was she fantasizing that he was Gary?

When Kevin arrived at his apartment after work on Monday evening, Maria was waiting on him with several suitcases full of her clothes.

Maria and Jace's divorce went along uncontested, and she took her half of the money in the checking and savings accounts, but she told Jace that he could keep the house. She had taken what she wanted and moved into Kevin's apartment with him.

She didn't hate Jace, she cared deeply for him, but had just fallen out of love with him, besides, she still had one million dollars left of the money that Edison had left her.

Jace still had a small bit of love for Maria, but him and Robin had started dating, so the thoughts of Maria were slipping away rather quickly. The affections of a woman twenty years younger tend to have that effect on men.

The divorce became final in April, and within a month Kevin and Maria were married, she was now Maria Marshall. Jace and Robin were also married a short while after Kevin and Maria's wedding.

Fast forward to July, Robin, being only in her late thirties, is now expecting her and Jace's first child.

What happened to Maria? Did she get what she deserved? Did she get kicked to the curb?

Well. . .

The two couples were very amicable with each other, no they didn't run around together as friends, but there was not any bad feelings between them either. Jace thought that Kevin was a good catch for Maria, and Maria liked the fact that Robin was giving Jace a child, something she could have never done.

Kevin owned the home that he'd grown up in, his parents had left it to him, it was a home very close in size and age to the home that Maria had lived with Gary. The home was about forty miles SSW of Columbus, in Hillsboro, Kevin and Maria relocated there. Maria was content with that decision, because she was horrified that her and Kevin would run into someone that she'd slept with or would mention her past. Plus, she was now closer to Joshua and Jacob..

She re-kindled the relationship with her children, telling them that she was going through some problems during that period. Jace told them that it had been him that filed for the divorce, but never told them the reason, only that he couldn't cope with the tape, and that their father's death was causing her problems. In a sense, it was true, Jace had noticed a change in Maria right after Gary's death, and after seeing the tape, he had almost become impotent.

Her love for Kevin was genuine, she had taken him to meet Josh and Jake and they seemed to really take to him. Was it because he looked and acted so much like their dad? Was that why their mom had fallen for him? They noticed the way their mom looked and interacted with him, she acted how they remembered her with their dad, and she seemed so much more open towards them.

She went to the bank to take out a large sum of money to have a new home built on Kevin's property. It was going to be a surprise. . . She got a surprise of her own. . . Her money was gone. Her first thought. . . Was Jace, but she new him better than that. Then she realized who had taken it. . . It had to have been Paul and Mark,

"That's why they left town so quickly without a word," she thought.

In her endeavors with Paul, she thought there might have been a future with him and had casually mentioned that she had an account of her own, separate from Jace's. Shortly after, enter Mark, and the trap had been set.

The day that Maria had been drinking with Paul and Mark , Mark had slipped away with the keys out of her purse and had copies made of them all. He did this, while she had slept on the couch for several hours. Paul had taken her driver's license and made copies of all of her identification. Then on the days that Paul and Maria were together and Mark hadn't shown up, he had gone to her and Jace's house. It didn't take him long to find her lock box and the little book that kept all of her bank information and passwords, copy all of the information and put the book back where he found it. He looked for anything with information on her and Jace's joint accounts, but came up empty. He knew that he couldn't take anything else, it was too risky, because he and Paul would be at Mr Jeffer's house for a while yet and they didn't want to raise any suspicions.

As soon as Paul and Mark had settled in another town, they spent the next three months electronically transferring Maria' s money to several different accounts under different names, and had systematically lined up buyers for big ticket items that they purchased and sold at a loss (it wasn't their money). The rest was gambled away in Vegas. They were currently in Florida, working on another 'older' widowed woman.

With the settlement she got from the divorce, plus the fact that Kevin paid for everything with his salary, she hadn't checked on her account for months (she never needed the money), and her monthly statements were in a pile of unopened mail in a small box at her and Kevin's home.

Kevin was still working on the hi way project near Columbus and was an hours drive from home. He called and told Maria that instead of working until seven, they were going to start working up until dark to speed up completion of the project. The sooner it was done, the sooner he would be able to go back to working local. He told her that he wouldn't be home till around eleven p.m.

Maria was glad that Kevin had been working away from Hillsboro, because it kept him from seeing how upset she was. She'd never told him about the money that Paul and Mark had stolen, and bringing it up might alter things. If there was an investigation into her two former lovers, then facts about her sex life with them could possibly be revealed. Did she want to take that chance?

A week had passed since finding that her money was gone, she sat in the recliner waiting for Kevin to come home and thought about just how bad it could possibly get. She was so used to being wealthy and she didn't know if she could go back to being without.

"Easy come, easy go," she thought.

But it had been far from easy. Thinking back, she truly wished that she'd never let James seduce her. She regretted ever letting Debbie convince her that wealth and power were the things that she needed. No. . . She was slowly starting to realize that being happy was more important.

Maria knew that Gary had truly been the love of her life, she should have never left him, he might possibly still be alive today. There was a struggle going on in her mind. The thoughts of her affair with Paul and Mark haunted her. . . And then all of those other men that she'd picked up at the Grandview Cafe, and those young boys. . .

"That was a horrible mistake," she thought.

But, then again, she would have never met Kevin if she hadn't been going there. As her mind scrambled for answers as to why she'd done all of those things, Maria drifted off into a deep sleep right there in the recliner. When Kevin arrived home from work, he slipped in and took a quick shower, before picking her up carefully and placing her lightly on their bed.

Maria dreamed of Gary. . . She dreamed that he had never passed, and they were still a couple. Just like the last time she had dreamed of him, it was very vivid. She and Gary were painting their bedroom in their old home, Josh and Jake were still young and running in and out of the bedroom. . . A short while later, they were sitting around their kitchen table, eating dinner together. That had been the happiest time of her life.

Then the scene drifted into the future. . . The children were grown and her and Gary were at Josh's visiting their grandchildren. She was confused, because Joshua and his family were living in her and Gary's old home. . . Where did her and Gary live? Next, her and Gary were arriving at the the house she lived in now. . . Or was it Kevin? She wasn't sure now. . . As they got out of the car, (Gary's old '77 Monte Carlo) she looked over at him and smiled, it was definitely Gary. They unlocked the door and walked inside hand in hand, stealing a quick kiss as they headed through the house. When they entered the kitchen, Maria became confused again. . . Kevin was sitting at the kitchen table smiling at her and Gary as they entered. Maria then turned and kissed Gary and then walked over, sitting down on Kevin's lap, giving him a kiss. It just felt natural and Gary seemed to be OK with it.

"Goodbye Maria," Gary said, as he turned to leave.

"Goodbye Gary," Maria said in a somber tone, as she watched him walk away.

After hearing the front door close, Maria and Kevin rose and walked into the living room, watching out of the window as Gary climbed into his car and started it up. Kevin stood behind Maria, with his arms wrapped tightly around her, as Gary backed out of the drive, then, revving his engine, laid rubber as he peeled away.

"Man, that's a sweet car," said Kevin, as they both watched the red 1969 Chevelle SS speed away until it faded into the distance.

Maria had awakened before the alarm the next morning, and was reflecting back on the dream she'd just had. It had really struck a chord with with her, realizing that she was literally right back where she had started twenty four years before. Kevin made enough for them to live a comfortable life, nothing extravagant, but enough, and that was all she really needed.

Early on, Maria told Kevin about her three marriages, but had sparred him the details. She was scared to reveal her past for fear that he wouldn't want her anymore. After he awoke and was up and ready to leave for work, Maria told him that she needed to talk to him about her past when he came home tonight.

"About the x rated tapes that you made?" he asked.

Maria's face flushed and she started to panic,

"How. . . Who told you about them?" she fretted.

"I saw them, saw them all back in the 90's, I guess it wasn't long after you made them," he said, matter of factly.

"And it doesn't bother you that I did those things?"

"I met you before that night at the cafe in Columbus, Maria. . . You wouldn't remember. My first wife worked at Cutlar Industries, she worked in shipping. She and I spoke to you and your first husband briefly at the barbecue or party, whatever you want to call it, at James Wilkens house back in 1990. She noticed when he took you inside and showed you around. . . Said that James was trying to put the moves on you, she could tell. Then, when you left Gary and married James, she told me all about it. . . How she couldn't believe that your husband couldn't see what was going on. . ."

He paused for a few moments,

"Funny, while she was telling me about all of this, and what a tramp she thought you were. . . She was screwing her supervisor. . . Who she eventually left me for."

"But, how did you. . ." Maria started, but trailed off.