Mission For God

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The state governor introduced President Ernesto Machado to local officials and then to the new administrator of the community hospital. "Presidente Machado, I would like to introduce you to Sergeant Pedro Ramirez of the national prison next door and his wife, Mrs. Angela Ramirez, the new administrator for this hospital," the governor began. The sergeant extended his hand for an unenthusiastic handshake.

Ernesto's eyes widened as he remembered her as the circus dog that bounded around the cell block naked. "Mrs. Ramirez," he smiled as he gave her the obligational, double cheek, simulated kiss. "Nice to meet you."

"Mr. President," said Angela happily, "please let me introduce our daughters Louise and Paloma. Louise is 8 and Paloma is nearly 11."

As he had so often in public office, Ernesto bent to greet each daughter and shake her hand, "Hello Louise. You are so big and beautiful." Turning to greet Paloma, Ernesto was struck by her steel gray eyes. "Hello Paloma. You have such beautiful eyes. You, too, are big and beautiful." Frowning, Sergeant Ramirez turned his head and spit on the ground.

Turning to briefly face Pedro Ramirez, Ernesto said, "Sergeant Ramirez, you have a beautiful family. Thank you for bringing them today."

Standing next to the Ramirez family was the uniformed prison warden. The president turned to greet the thin, mustachioed warden and cracked a smile as he said, "Good to see you again, Captain Sanchez. Congratulations upon your promotion to Warden. It is good to see such a capable man advance in responsibilities."

"Thank you sir," replied Sanchez. "Congratulations upon your promotion since I last saw you." The warden smiled. "We are still a place of magnanimous hospitality so please don't hesitate to recommendLuna Andulato anyone."

President Machado also met with a few Americans. Justine Thomas wore a semi-formal pantsuit. Henry Dolomite wore a suite in his wheelchair and he was attended by Joseph O'Donnell who wore his priest's frock.

Ernesto was intrigued by the appearance of the American priest. "Father O'Donnell," began Ernesto, "it is so nice to finally meet you. Thank you so much for helping us with the trust money that funded this hospital. May I ask how you chose to fund this?"

"Nice to meet you, Mr. President," replied Father Joe. "Everyone calls me Father Joe. Actually Adolph wrote to me after he lost his appeal and asked that the full five million of his estate be applied to build a new community hospital and prison church."

"Well, I thank you for the two and a half million but what happened to the other half of the money?" asked Ernesto, leaning in for the answer.

"The other trustee was an attorney friend of Adolph and it took years close. The attorney charged almost two million for his legal fees," replied Father Joe with a disgusted look on his face. "For some folks, the love of money is just too much."

Ernesto nodded his head in understanding. "Father Joe," he continued, "how did you happen to know Adolph Gelthaus?"

"He told me that he had seen an angel and that angel told him he had an important mission from God to perform. We were here years ago, for his execution. It was very sad. He regretted that he had never gotten to perform the mission, whatever it was, because he had been framed for a murder. I knew Adolph; we all knew Adolph. For all his faults, and we all have faults, he was no one to commit murder," replied the priest.

"I may have solved the puzzle but I have to speak next. Please excuse me, everyone," said Ernesto bowing out. He looked around and saw Angela sitting with her daughters but without her husband. He went over and asked, "May I ask, Mrs. Ramirez, how did you get to become hospital administrator?"

"With the money from those three special jobs at the prison, I went to college and became a nurse," replied Angela. "Then I became head nurse. I have a way with people."

"You certainly do," replied Ernesto as he excused himself just in time to be introduced.

"Greetings my fellow Chileans and distinguished guests. My name is Ernesto Machado and I was once a resident of the prison next door. My life has certainly changed, from being jungle running communist anarchist to president of this great country. It was largely due to meeting a certain old man; an American who lends his name and contributed two million dollars to this brand new medical center.

"Senor Adolph Gelthaus was German by birth and American by choice. He was framed for a murder. My new administration reopened the case, found the actual killer living in another country, and obtained his confession freely. Today, you will all be witnesses as I sign this Writ of Absolution to posthumously absolve Adolph Gelthaus of all crimes in Chile."

The president signed a paper and displayed it to the applauding crowd. Captain Sanchez noticed that Sergeant Ramirez had not returned to sit with his family so he excused himself.

"Some people claim that certain people, sometimes the people of God, can see something when people die. From a prison window I saw the execution of Adolph Gelthaus. For a brief instant I saw an image of a flesh colored object and a white object. It was too brief to focus on but I believe I saw an angel escort Senor Gelthaus to his Heavenly reward." There was a smattering of applause from the audience.

#

"Mommy, where is daddy?" asked Louise.

"He said that he had to check the towers so that we are safe while the president speaks. I am sure he will return soon," answered Angela.

#

"Senor Gelthaus came to the prison and taught us the real difference between communism and capitalism," continued the president. "Today Chile is on the road to great economic expansion. We have begun to make the investments in the education of all of our children and to encourage the growth of new businesses of all kinds. While Cuba and Venezuela have lowered the standard of living for their people, Chile has raised it." The crowd stood and applauded.

#

"Unit One to Control," clicked Captain Sanchez. "Did Sergeant Ramirez enter the facility?"

"Yes, sir," responded Control. "He said that he wanted to check tower security."

"Do a tower check and locate Sergeant Ramirez," ordered the warden.

#

The president continued, "Senor Gelthaus presented his faith in God in a way we had never heard from our good priests. He taught that each man and woman should look to God and not to the government."

#

The door opened at the observation room atop of tower six. The prison guard and presidential security officer looked at Sergeant Ramirez and then back to the proceedings below through their binoculars. "Look at the boobs on the one in yellow, by the light pole," exclaimed the security officer.

The tower guard put down his glasses and said, "Sergeant Ramirez, come look at this." Ramirez pulled the two stun guns from his back pockets and shot the two men. Then he handcuffed them.

#

The president continued to stand in the hot sun, "My friend Geraldo Montez also turned away from the godless communist movement and resolved, as I did, to work for a God blessed, capitalist Chile. Unfortunately, when we were released, his old associates found out and assassinated him. They were arrested and convicted. Man could not make this revolution come by himself. It was your prayers to God that restored Chile to greatness." The audience applauded.

#

"Control? This is tower seven. I can see Sergeant Ramirez in tower six. He has the rifle. I do not see the two men assigned to tower six," rang the ominous voice.

"This is Unit One. If you see Sergeant Ramirez point the rifle at the president or anyone else, take him down. Repeat – shoot to kill," shouted Sanchez. "Get someone up there now!" After an instant of thought, Captain Sanchez began to run towards the president.

#

The president continued, "The miracle that Adolph Gelthaus was to perform, I believe, was to change the men who would change Chile back to a God loving country and a prosperous one. With God's help, he succeeded." The crowd, beginning to suffer in the heat of the sun, began to clap.

#

The sniper scope enlarged the picture of the president at the elevated podium so large that Ramirez imagined that he could reach out and touch him. If only Machado would stand still he could get a nice clean shot through the heart. The door to the observation room shook violently. Ramirez realized that he had been discovered and that someone would soon break through the door. He must make the shot quickly.

#

"God bless Chile! God bless Chile!" shouted president Machado moving from one side of the stage to another. It was his customary sign off and a real crowd pleaser. Boom! A rifle shot roared out and President Machado spun around involuntarily and rolled to the ground. The crowd screamed in terror. Two more shots rang out from atop the prison towers. The presidential protection squad huddled close over the president with their machine pistols pointed into the air anticipating any further threats.

The president's traveling physician hovered over the downed president and cut away some of the bloody clothing in order to examine the wound. There was further damage to the back of his scalp as the president struck his head on the wooden lectern.

After applying a compress to the gunshot wound, the doctor slapped the Ernesto's face. "Wake up, Mr. President. Wake up."

His eyes flickered open. "What happened?" asked Ernesto.

"You've been shot and you probably have a concussion," replied the satisfied doctor. "And I have some bad news."

"What is it?" asked Ernesto in a faint voice.

"Your golfing days are over," replied the doctor.

"Thank God. Thank you doctor," answered Ernesto. "I always hated that game."

1...345678