All Comments on 'My Only Talent Ch. 24'

by conanthe

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice turn

Nice turn you are taking with Robbie!

Please don't let us wait for too long between the chapters!

Thanks for your work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow!

More great work and amazing attention to technical detail. I can only imagine the time spent keeping all the details straight on the techno stuff not to mention characters, plot ad infinitum.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I love the multi-Novel-sized world you are creating here.

The visuals you are creating are fantastic and the world seems ultra realistic. I have to wonder how you can imagine people like these without knowing some in real life. Amazing! Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Really?

The plot has become ridiculous. It will be interesting to see if you can salvage it in the later chapters. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not very impressed .

I'm disappointed in the last 2 chapters . I guess it has to do with this build up path you are taking . To me the last 2 chapters have been boring and I really hope you get to the point soon . One of the things that has kept me reading this story was the way they all interacted with each other . Now it is just boring . I see conflict in the near future for Robbie and Suzanne that I hope i'm wrong about . Time will tell . Sorry but this chapter did not get the 5 stars that most of the other chapters received from me . Hopefully that will change with the next chapter . Please get back to exciting story that this once was . I can't take much more .

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Doing just fine

I think that the story is great. With everyone split for holidays it is a little busy but everyone will be back together soon. Can't wait to see what happens when miss Upman gets back.

billyjim55billyjim55over 10 years ago

I have one suggestion to make to you, maybe even better put would be a request. Next chapter could you passably add a lead in as to all the characters to this story. It's time between chapters and an ever increasing size and now moving in so many directions, I forget who's who with the exception of the main three. Sitting here reading to take my mind off the constant pain and all the meds to get through the day have a side affect on my memory to a degree. A reminder to be able to put a name with who they are in the story would greatly help me out here, ty for considering my request. I do enjoy this story and it one of my favorites that I look over the list of stories released daily to be sure I dont miss the few I look forward to keeping up with. have a great day / bill

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

Always great to find another chapter of MOT has been posted :-) I do agree that a character listing would be really helpful due to how vast this stories cast is and their relationships to each other.

As always looking forward to the next chapter but I do hope the spy stuff/business dealings get wrapped up soon as its been the least interesting part of this otherwise amazing saga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Average!!!

This chapter was a letdown compared to previous 23, Could be the base for story for next chaps but not satisfying :( First time giving a rating of 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
More

I agree with the two comments about starting the next chapter with an index to your characters explaining a bit who they are and where we last left them.

As for the business and spy stuff versus the eroticism, my personal opinion is they make the story more than just a masturbation story, in that they draw you into who the characters are. Now the spy stuff surrounding the kidnapping attempt earlier was less mundane and more exciting as there was always enough tension in the storyline to keep the reader off balance. However, unless you bring in the mob related guy Robby met on the plane, I do not see how to add the sense of danger to make the spy stuff more exciting. As for the business stuff, it is interesting, but unless if there is something in that vein of the story that links to a hook up with the lone female from the company or that leads Robbie to win over Abelard through some insight gleaned from him fucking Abelard's daughters and/or wife, I would not spend as much time on it as you did in this chapter.

You might want to have your next chapter end with Robbie flying back to Texas for Christmas with both Suzanne and Lara determined to meet him at his house for the day after Christmas. Please, feel free to take more than the 5 pages you used this time to tell your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not enough of the good stuff this time round...

Taking all the previous and subsequent chapters into consideration, the story is progressing and developing pretty well, but there are some things you should consider when it comes to details.

First, reduce the technicalities. You have shown thus far that both Robbie and his girls are pretty damn smart people, which is a big plus, so the scenes and dialogues that have a lot of technical stuff in them - such as when Suzanne recited the cocktail recipe or when Robbie engaged in the details of who-what-when-how of his current job - those are simply too dry to read. It chokes out the entertainment. In those cases, it would be the best from both writer's and reader's point of view to simply say (eg.): "Quickly and in detail, Suzanne explained the recipe." or something like that.

As I said, the same goes for Robbie. In fact, I wondered why did you even place some of the things there. You've dedicated an entire paragraph to explaining the airport codes and designations. I mean, come on... is it *really* of any importance to this story? Any at all? [sigh] As for the business associates that Robbie met, I wonder how important are they to the story, either. You see, you're introducing a lot of new characters, and unless they are going to be important recurring side characters such as doctor Asa Weltschmertz or probabble sex interests, such as Saskia, then I see no reason for me to even remember how many of them were there in the first place, let alone know their names! Honestly, they are just some nameless assistants to me, and you could have gotten away with it had you introduced them as such. None of us readers would have cared.

In the end, I also think that the scenes where Robbie attended those business meetings are too cold, impersonal... yes, I understand that's what corporate business is supposed to be, but this is suppose to be the story of LOVE&SEX. Robbie succeeding in the corporate world would be the cherry on top, but the way you're going, you're drifting away from the important stuff, and that's people relations; the important ones. There were too little of the dialogues, either. Conversation bridges the gap between two people, and most of what this chapter brought was dry listing of what Robbie did.

So, in the end, my advice is: go for the bonding with the *right* people, the important characters. Make up a way to place them together! And it can be a simple way. And then, if it is truly important, develop on it some more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
While I can understand some of the not-so-positive comments, I disagree.

Even though I have enjoyed how this started as simply an erotic mind control story, it has become a mystery, filled with intrigue and I anxiously await each new installment. Please continue to spin this wonderful tale.

JimR

power_skull1power_skull1over 10 years ago
What the readers want versus what you want to write

This story is one of the few that really captures my attention, because it has exactly the same elements of real life. A lot of detail on stuff you wont remember in a few days, interspersed with real interactions between people, and the sex, and the situations it arises in, aren't forced. There are plenty of stories out there that simply say in great detail how 2 people had sex, but this story instead IS a story, it has a plot, sometimes that plot is irrelevant (see sex scenes, extra details thrown in for completeness) , and sometimes it is extremely relevant (see secret agent meetings, different sex scenes etc).

Anyway, what you want to write is what I want to read. Not a shadow of the story you have in your mind, adulterated by the input of those who could simply read other stories on this site. I think though that they will find, that the other stories simply cannot be as full and rounded as the tale you weave here. They have read what you put, because it is good, and now, they want instant gratification, less the brilliance of the full story.

If you have managed to get through the dense meandering of this comment, then let me finally say "I absolutely love this story, your characters, and I wish you all the success in the world, if only that you might continue to be able to write this brilliant tale, for the enjoyment of others"

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222over 10 years ago
I don't know

I guess I just really like having a broad scope story to follow. I have not had too much trouble following the characters and like the interesting plot that has been driving the story from the beginning. As for the readers that do not like the spy and business stuff. Well, maybe if you would read a little more carefully, you would be connecting the dots and seeing how everything is being connected. I am seeing information drawing an interesting picture and think Robbie's talent is trying to tell him some things through his subconscious(dreams are rarely ever straight forward).

Please continue with Robbie's journey. Thank you for sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
author needs an econ advisor

I really appreciate that the author does such a great job with realistic details for medicine, engineering, and science. However, there is a real problem with authenticity anytime the subject of econ comes up.

I had considered writing in several chapters ago saying that the econ grad student Suzanne would need to straighten Robbie out, but now you've got her with commentary / verbiage out of Sunday morning hot air talk shows, not something that would appear in the economist...let alone an actual grad student.

I realize I'm nit picking, but the inauthenticity is grating and makes her seem unintelligent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Econ 101

Most of the comments were her father's opinions, weren't they? Without knowing more about his theories, I certainly can't tell if they are well supported or not. Are you saying the author has named a real guy that you know about and that you know that his theories are correct?

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

@power_skull1

I agree with you 100%. While this chapter has been my least favorite out of all 24, it was still a damm good read and MOT is still one if not the best series on Lit. And even tho I personally feel this chapter was bogged down with to much detail in some parts (airport country code's/business deal's/ a tad to much of the spy stuff), I want to read Conanthe's vision of MOT only and not one influenced by me or any other readers.

@Riverwolf0222

I get the dream of Robbie's and how it referenced what happened in the past and what looks like the future will hold for him and I do hope it's addressed further down the line. As for the business/spy stuff, my gripe is in how much it took away from the main cast but I understand it would be hard not to do it at this time in the storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
realist vs realism

I don't have much to say about specifics for MOT other then a character lead in or bio can be helpful with such a long story such as what you've written.

but i wanted to make the point about long story's that start based on improbable events the natural flow, the random and wrong assumptions and decisions people make, and the periods where there is no exciting option are what make story's realistic despite the first premise but it does require splitting of characters and some boring or drawn out bits.

as a fan of fiction i can say most story's get away with having realism which allows even major characters to slip out of focus when there not important to the story

E.G. (Sword of truth) focusing only on Richards imprisoned life and not on the others attempts to find him just assuming they have done so.

much the same needs to be done for long story's released as chapters as every chapter needs to be entertaining in its own write while you can get away with an occasional boring chapter in a book.

as applied to this story Robbie's business work could be largely ignored in favor of an arc about Suzanne or Norra even if its not very erotic if its interesting, gives back story and resolves issues then it comes across better then Robbies realistic work.

as a note i do love the random little details you put in even if I occasionally have a hard time with your use of acronyms if they are those used in real life use them.

Baudelaire50Baudelaire50over 10 years ago
Long Overdue Praise

I should've left feedback long ago, because I have not only enjoyed this story, I've reread the entire saga about 3 times. First off, as erotica, the sex is varied, entertaining, and generally well-written. There are a plethora of characters, some of whom I don't care for in or out of bed, but there is always some detail that grabs me. (In this story, it was his making Peggy, a character that I generally am less than excited about, put her hair in pigtails and service him orally.) Secondly, as a story, I like the fact that it is wandering off in all directions. I was happy to lose Janet and Melanie in favor of Dwight and his PT lover; and glad to get rid of Sarah in exchange for Erminia. Eventually, the author may need to trim out some parts before publishing it a la 50 Shades of Grey, but it's an eminently enjoyable read. I'm impressed that conanthe has taken a genre, mind control, and is using it to tell a story about people who want to do their best for other people .. . and fuck the shit out of them at regular intervals! Finally, I like all the digressions into business and spycraft, even when I have no idea where it's going. I'll even forgive the bit about airport codes; who knows where it may pay off? The author does have a few stylistic ticks that I'd like to see excised: I could do without hearing that one or another of his lovers is "so my kind of girl", or that "I'd never had an orgasm that {insert adjective} before," but this is quibbling. I can't wait for Rush Week, I can't wait for him to take both Elizabeth and Nora Upton, and I really want to know what is up with Eldee. Conanthe, I hope you forgive me for not writing before this; I'm a fan.

Bridget69Bridget69over 10 years ago
Your talent...

lies in great writing. Love the subplots that connects all of the characters. They make you anticipate the sex passages due to them not being constant throughout and becoming repetitive and overdrawn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A gifted author

I love your writing, love the powerful characters, your excellent understanding of modern intelligence organisations is wonderful.

I come back again and again to see when you have published more.

I look forward to the books you can publish in future.

Excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Holy Toledo...

I think I know who this author is. I read your mysteries all the time. This story is superb! Thank you very much for giving it to us for free in rough-draft format with typos. I'd still pay the twenty-six ninety-nine for it. Very intelligent writing: I felt my IQ level rise throughout the reading of "My Only Talent".

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Want more

Not sure where this story is going, but I sure want to find out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Boring

The most boring chapter so far. Hope we get back to some good action.

MeBr123MeBr123over 10 years ago
So many loose ends

I can't wait to see where this is going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Doing great

I am eagerly awaiting the next installment

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
onward, Marco, onward!

No other series on Literotica has captivated and entertained like this one! None!

You might take a little scrub time to clear some of the spelling, tense and person anomalies that seem to have crept in, but as a work, it is a freewheeling opus of interesting people, events and threads. The sex is widely varied and interesting, as well as highly arousing.

Looking forward to the rest of this highly imaginative and raucous story!

5* for each and every installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Two Comments

One, Robbie just isn't plausable as an 18 year old. ;-)

Two, Why has the author taken a vacation?

I was really looking forward to the rest of the story and now...well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
more please

love the storyline; please keep going!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
please please more

I have really enjoyed following this story. Like other commentors I believe this is the best I have seen in a very long time. I always check everyday for new chapter.

wgterry73wgterry73over 10 years ago
please continue

l love the storyline; hate the big break in between , but patiently I am waiting for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent

Love the series, want more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Next chapter please!!!!!!

OMG, your series rocks!!!! I can't wait to read more!!!!! Please, please keep it up!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Holy Cats

This is like reading a full on erotic novel. I can't wait to read more, this is phenomenal!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
more

This could be made into a show, kind of like" Dallas".

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Addicted

When will you put out the next chapter?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story Line

This story is great please hurry and release the next chapter I am hooked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
More please.

More please. Really like this story.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
in my opinion

U think the readers are failing to grasp that these two dozen chapters are only the first book covering the first semester of Robbie's education. I suspect the author intends this to continue to grow into a truly monumental multi-book chronicle of Robbie's entire college life.

I can only hope that the author continues to post future chapters as Real Life permits.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous