All Comments on 'Nighttime Confessions Too'

by capecodmercury

Sort by:
  • 253 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Not Bad

You write very well but it is obvious your story is from a woman's point of view. Women care most that the infidelity is over. Men care most that it happened. Very few men in the real world would react like the one in your story. At the least, a man would seek revenge by fucking another woman.

RPBPhotoRPBPhotoover 18 years ago
Too Bad...

Your stories are always well written. I wish that you had not written the sequel because it became an unrealistic ending. Note how other authors all wrote their conclusions in the same vain - - I wish you had closed in that tact.

David LockleyDavid Lockleyover 18 years ago
Very well written.........

relates more to real life and issues real people have to deal with.

Don't let unrealistic criticism crimp your perspective.

Congradulations on a job well done

Dave

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Me Too

I'm also left vaguely dissatisfied with this ending. I liked the adaptation of Doctor Phil's definition of "cheating." It needs to be used out here a lot more. But I'm not sure the story really and truly got to the base reason the wife strayed or not. The hubby cheated too. I'm not sure why that was introduced either. Was it an excuse for the wife or a quick way to get hubby past his anger? Regardless of the reason it was written into the story...darn it, it just didn't ring true. I guess I've come to expect a lot more from this writer. <sigh>

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Why

It is well written, but you always find the pussies way out for your husband and the wife always gets away with her cheating scott free. You and your male characters are WIMPS I hope DG Hear does a much better job of finishing the story you started then you did. Turn the other cheek, and you'll get your fucking head knocked off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
BUNCH OF SHIT

YOUR WIFE TELLS YOU SHE FUCKED ANOTHER MAN, YOU BECOME A PREACHER, YOU BECOME A COCKOLD MAN , YOU FUCK UP A 2 CAR FUNERAL, BOY WHAT A FUCKED UP STORY, YOU SHOULD HAVE STOPPED AFTER THE FIRST ONE.

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Well Done

I enjoyed the conclusion of this story. It was very well written and literate, putting it in a catagory at another level than much of what is posted. There are also themes here that can make one feel uncomfortable, which is an emotion that many times remains unexplored.

In any event, kudos to the author. I hope to read many more of his works in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Plenty of consequences

This was both a well written and well thought out story. Cheating has consequences, but the worst are to the integrity of the ones who cheat. That came out very well in the story. I did hope to get an explanation of why they hadn't discussed this before. If she had explained what was bothering her many years ago, at the time, this marriage would be in better shape. It's hard to reconcile without talking, just accepting a problem leads to the type of unresolved problems shown in this story. The author also dealt with lack of communication in "Truth & Consequences"

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Mixed Bag but Critics Are Wrong

The story wasn't totally realistic but had enough to satisfy me as a reader.

Critics who shout "Bunch Of Shit" etc. are uneducated idiots. What was the husband supposed to do---shoot his wife,shoot Phil, get life imprisonment which means 10 years in jail?

The problem with the story was that it was too preachy & talky. Better editing could have eliminated the airy spaces in the story. More concise thinking could have reduced the Dr Phil dialogue.

The husband was the stereotypical work-a-holic. No vacation. Let the home life slide. Was it his fault for Meg's cheating? No, but he contributed to the problem.

I don't think that the husband would so readily dissuade Meg from declining to accept a place on the Committee. Trust? That issue would not go away.

The revenge? A novel approach. Satisfactory? I think anytime Phil's image would come in view a hell of a lot of adrenalin-enforced anger would come to the surface.

Usually I don't like the Sturm und Drang in soap operas but the emotions were described but not felt. In other words---there was a lack of intensity. So much seemed like a talk show discussion. Also, To me, something else is out of a focus in this story. I don't know what it is. Things just don't ring true. Was Meg's confession too----? I don't know.

I'm glad you posted the story. Keep writing.

playingcardcompany

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
Nicely done

Very good ending with a lot of thought given to the marriage and the people involved. It showed that their was trouble before the cheating took place which is the case most of the time.... If the marriage is really strong then cheating wouldn't happen ... very well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Pussy Husband

I'm tired of another pussy husband that lets his wife get away with fucking other guys! I guess it makes you feel good with a happy ending but who's happy. Blame the husband for her actions. RIGHT! Maybe he can lick his cum from her pussy too..To show her how much he loves her!

Risq_001Risq_001over 18 years ago
Well, everyone has some form of opinion

So I guess I"ll throw mine in the ring.............

I like the story from the fact that you finished your start to the story. But I have to say, personally, it doesn't really strike me as what a real husband would really do.

I mean, no offense, but this really is similar to almost a hundred other stories on this site.

The vast majority of the stories are really either about a husband that gets off on watching/knowing his wife is with other men or a husband that is "Briefly" angry with his wife, not because of the act of cheating, but for the fact that this is going to hurt his marriage. But now he'll bravely find some way to get past it all. Fast.

Sorta like the main character of the story is the better person for forgiving her because, well, were all human facing temptation everyday. And this husbands main problem wasn't that she had cheated, but that their marriage was in trouble if she thought cheating was ok. Uhhhmmm, that was his only problem? If that was his only problem, why did he even get mad at all? Seems like wasted energy all the way around. If he was such a saint why didn't he forgive her fast and never care if he met Phil again.

Most humans when they're betrayed like that don't act like 6yr olds on a playground. If you watch a kid one kid and hit another, there are a few tears, then minutes later they are all playing like nothing happened. Everytime I read a story similar to this, I feel like I've just watched a 2 minute preschool tiff and it's now over.

I mean Don has to be the most understanding Huband in the world. I mean he went from day one not even wanting to be near his wife, to day 6 sleeping near her. And this was after hearing how great a lover maker Phil was to his wife? For some reason he seemed to gloss over that one pretty fast. Maybe he knew he wasn't any good so it wasn't any need to dwell on it? Man, I know about a "BILLION" other guys that would have cheesed off for months, not merely hours.

But I guess I'm just tired of how everyone thinks the husband needs to have the powers of a saint empowered with near instant powers of forgiveness, or he's really just as bad as a cheating wife because he doesn't quickly forgive her.

Hmmm, I just wonder if its possible in some of these stories to have a husband who actually gets and "Stays" pissed off longer than the time it takes to play a basketball game.

I wouldn't have been phased much if you had added a laser sword battle go on between Phil and Don somewhere in your story when they first met. I wouldn't have even been phased much if you had, had Don and Marge get on an "Anti-gravity surfboard" and float off into the sunset. But I have to admit having a happy ever after ending wrapped up so neat and tight so fast is harder to swallow than those two other alternatives. I mean having the husband turn the scene of the crime into a family vacation? Really?

I'll say in closing that, while this story was a good closer to part one, and a decent read, didn't really feel like how real people would react.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Disgusting!

The contents of this story is all fucked up. It is the dogmatic rulings of men that cause too much psychological sickness in our society. So what if Phil fucked her out of his marriage. No one got pregnant and no disease was given. This story is just a good example about how fucked up our society has become. It does not deserve a score, even at '00'.

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Disgusting!

The contents of this story is all fucked up. It is the dogmatic rulings of men that cause too much psychological sickness in our society. So what if Phil fucked her out of his marriage. No one got pregnant and no disease was given. This story is just a good example about how fucked up our society has become. It does not deserve a score, even at '00'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
SORRY BUT

i think the ending sucked. Should have left it as it was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thought Provoking

It seemed to be well thought-out. It was nicely written. That being said, I didn't really have any sympathy for either one of the characters. They both did what they knew was wrong.

He didn't tell her of his little indiscretions, thinking that what she didn't know, couldn't hurt her. She knew, or at least thought she knew, what he did but didn't try to talk with him about it.

She made the same mistake as he did, and at the time, probably enjoyed her lover more than he enjoyed his. At least that is what the story indicated. (Ain't that a bitch.) However, she couldn't wait to confess all when she returned home. She obviously felt a lot more guilt about her actions than he did about his.

The real problem here, as already mentioned, was the lack of communication. At least they're talking now. What's sad is that their marriage had to get run over by a truck, so to speak, to bring about the discussions that should have taken place a long time ago. I can see hope for this marriage.

I do not see a wimp husband or a slut wife here. Just two flawed people that needed a wake-up call if their relationship was to survive.

You did a good job with this one, author. Your talents are appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
ok but

i myself dont think that this is how most men would react...he forgave and gpt over way to easy...i would have still been cusing a month later... and phil i very subtly would have made sure his wife knew also so he also had something to straighten out at home ...i also would have never let my wife join any committee that would do that and i would also have let the school board know how their money was being spent by said committee...in other words i would have fucked every one of their lives up as much as they fucked mine... that would have to be part of her repentance to help me ruin as many of her co conspirtors as we could,,,even if it ruined her chances to help her career in the process....that would be her price to pay ... would help her chances if she was to buy me a hooker for one night also so she could see how her infidelity hurt me also ... a kind of eye for eye thing ... i believe in the bible and if it says an eye for an eye well i damn sure better get my eye to ...im sure my wife would not disagree especially once she seen the extent of my retribution ... one commandment though shall not commit adultery unless it is to attone for adultery already committed....this hubby was just a bit to wimpy but ok story

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well now!!!

I'm not really sure about the ending. Thats definatly not how I would have reacted, I would have went for the jugular vein on every one of the group. (Sex is just sex), that is the craziest thing anyone can say, you can't seperate sex and affection, they are forever linked..When a man puts his dick in a woman they are LINKED with emotions and feelings till long after it is over..... All in all its a good story though, even though her forgave her wayyy to easy, "after all she let a man fuck her, not just grab her ass"...

Paul

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
damn it Capecodmercury,

I’m having just as much difficulty commenting on part two as I did on part one. To me you did the same thing Cageytee did, changed Meg to fit your version of part two. Not that your part two isn’t great. It would be a terrific stand alone to me. I highlighted several parts from part one, there are too many to add them to this comment, so I will try to do a summary as I see Meg by the way you wrote her in part one. When she was young, she was a skinny, shapeless, unpopular, quiet, shy, envious, introverted, anti-social, virtually dateless, lonely wallflower, all your words, not mine. When in high school and college, she was very promiscuous with casual friends, liked jocks, developed meaningless relationships, liked sex but it was not an obsession, never had fireworks or intense experiences with sex, never missed sex and considered it a pleasant form of exercise. As a wife and mother, she was in love with her husband only for the intimacy, sex was nothing spectacular, definitely not a basis for her marriage and relationship, notes her husband isn’t a jock, gets picked last for the company softball games, but does trust him with her life when involved in an outdoor adventure, and notes she doesn’t miss sex when they spend time away from each other. As a teacher on a conference get away, she parties, dances, flirts, lets a guy that’s 4 to 5 inches taller than her husband put his hands on her arm, neck, and thigh and then jumps into bed so easily with him that I’m not sure we shouldn’t have a separate slut wife category for this story. I only have One question,if I’m wrong about Meg’s character as you have written her in part one. Since she never enjoyed sex that much, never missed it, no fireworks with it, no intense experiences with it, not obsessed with it, didn’t develop the relationships or her marriage around it, and considered it a only a pleasant form of exercise, how is it she could get so turned on and unable to refuse Phil over just a kiss and a few touches. Sorry, you wrote her to be so shallow and utterly worthless to me in part one, that’s the reason I couldn’t see any hope for a continuation to the marriage, hence no continuation to the story. Whew, please don’t do this to me again. I wouldn’t get so mentally and emotionally involved if you guys didn’t write such great stories. A fan always.

PArebelPArebelover 18 years ago
Great Effort

As usual a great effort.

No one can be sure how they will react. I would like to think that I would act in a forgiving way. Having said that, I doubt that I could have been casual enough about this to have forgiven her this easily. That doesn't mean that others wouldn't. Our narator make a good case that trust is easily lost and hard to win back again.

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Damn You Write Good

Constructively - That having been said and meant, I feel you are a very good logic lesson teacher. Now that in and of itself isn't bad - in fact it's very good. Your rationality cannot be dismissed as pointless - in fact it is pretty much on the money. More importantly, it accomplishes by example (in principal)what should happen in a model straight line reconciliation of one bad decision of infidelity (that is non-repetitive).

This story most plausibly detailed the how's, what's and why's of what can happen and how to fix it (if one could take the normal emotions and set them aside). While in the game however, playbooks are usually forgoten in the heat of passionate loss. Been there - done that.

Lets be clear - I admire your talent, imagination and cold progressive step by step logic - I couldn't carry your keyboard - I look forward to each and every effort you labor over. As a learning tool - fantastic.

Realistically however, how could a reader expect a writer to fully tell a complex marital consequence story of reconciliation in two(2) short chapters? Only by compromise is the answer. As precisely logical and true to model life (realism)as this was - why was there no medical check up?? Oral passes bugs too and rubbers aren't infallible eh. There may not have been time or space in the authors mind to get this in. Then seemingly forgoten was the only reason she was chosen to the special year long sect was --- playtime extension with her good time buds. Not forgoten but lingering and bothersome to the balance of the story for me. Space and time or just too much going on or nobody is purrfect eh.

Serial stories are fine - if they follow at 1 or 2 day interval and are more than 1 or 2 pages. 3 to 4 or 5 chapters would allow a full addressing to the act and the resolution plus or minus reconciliation, seperation or divorce.

Shortness causes forcing and too long makes it tough on the writer(plotline concentration) and us natives as we forget - need to reread or just lose interest.

Author - you are appreciated - now your challenge is to come accross a little less preachie - allow some real normal human reactions (lose it) even in a one timer infidelity - allow yourself the time and space to stay true to your standards - use your strong diligence in a longer effort driven more by actions than silent cold logic contemplations - perhaps pushed out for consideration by a second party (editor)- and this physician heal thyself without exterior guidance may not be the best way to drive home your valid points eh.

Ah - just some considerations to contemplate - we are & I am really looking forward to your next effort as you are already among the best in this theme with much upside potential - thanks again - with High Regard

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 18 years ago
Pretty good but there were problems

Most of the problems were mentioned by Risq, wetapap and others:

- it was very preachy in spots. 3/4 of the story was just a giant wordy soliloquy on the benefits of turning the other cheek.

- the husband went from mad to deciding he would do anything to fix his marriage way too fast. Not saying they shouldnt have stayed together, just that it seemed unrealistic that he would get there so fast. Makes him seem emotionless to me. Even if he had cheated before (the blowjob), most people (not just guys) wouldnt have been so calm and rational right off the bat. He went from mad to conciliatory literally overnight.

I did like that she confessed. That and the fact that Don wasnt a saint warranted a reconciliation imo. Making both parties less than perfect was great and a very welcome change from the usual evil wife and saintly husband stuff we see. Im definately not saying that he should have dumped the bitch or anything like that. I just think that even a calm, rational person wouldnt have been so unemotional, logical and quick to look at things from both sides even if he was feeling guilty about something in his past as well.

As risq says, in many stories lately, it almost seems like a waste of time and words to have the husband get mad at all since they get over it so quickly. Kinda makes me wonder if you author types have a contest going on who can write the quickest reconciliaiton :)

Even with the husband's lack of emotion and the preaching, it was still worth reading. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well written (as always), but

I realy can't see him continuing with the camping trip. It sounded quite painful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I read part 1 and 2

Although others found it preachy and not realistic, I didn't. I can see it happening like you wrote, all except for Phil. I would think Don would want to hurt Phil and his marriage. Like Meg's acting when he screwed up I would expect the same by Don toward her. Keep up the words and thank you.

Kanga40Kanga40over 18 years ago
Some good passges

but overall it was a sermon of sorts.

I am getting heartily sick of stories in this genre turning into a kind of psychobabble and justifying the woman's brain dead actions with the husband taking a minimum 80% responsibility for her cheating.

COME ON PEOPLE! REALLY????

I think not.

His 'almost' cheats count the same as her actually fucking some guy? PUHLEASE.

I'm not saying his transgressions as portrayed in the story are 'nothings'; by some definitions they are cheating. BUT he always managed to remember his ultimate responsibility and keep from the final act. Unlike Meg.

Yet we have him accepting as much, if not more, 'blame' as she does. Sorry, too unrealistic for me.

There were some good ideas, like the meeting with Phil and his wife - refreshingly original.

Unfortunately the few gems were insufficient to rescue the overall story from being bogged down in endless justifications for how, overall, it was really Don's problem. Meg suffered no consequences but a few sob sessions around a campfire.

Totally unsatisfying for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
MY TWO CENTS!!!

This story should have been posted Saturday, that way i could have skipped church on Sunday...God, what a waste of space, time and volume...the sermonizing...and the confessions...went on and on ...to ad nauseam...please keep the story grounded next time as I really do like your writing...but this one canned.

'nuff said

Andy

Tail End PeteTail End Peteover 18 years ago
Good story!

Again, a well written story that stayed within the lines. It's always easy to second guess the actions some people take or don't take, but they were able to stay together. I'm wondering if a little marriage counseling wouldn't have been beneficial. In the real world, too many people wouldn't be able to discover their own foibles without at least some kind of outside assistance. Oh, well. This story is fiction and is really quite good. On a mechanics note, about halfway through page 5, a sentence ends without quotes or a period and I had to reread it just to get the thread back. It kinda messes up the flow, just like the mistake when he is Phil and then Paul. Just some nitpicky things I noticed on about the third read. Good job on this one and waiting for the next.

Tail End Pete

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great Story!

You did a great job of fitting all of the pieces together. The story could be renamed "Temptation I know thee well." The introspection of the husband gave us insight into his character allowing us to believe that yes they can get it back together again.

This story truly belongs in the loving wives category. Thanks for a great read.

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
wagon tongue

Part one was great and I looked forward to part two. What a letdown. I will admit that I skipped two of the five chapters, when it was obviosly heading toward "wimpsville" at a rapid rate. Since she got off so easily, and since he now trusts her, she can really score. Even with her family at the meetings, they can't be around her all of the time.

MacDukeMacDukeover 18 years ago
Realistic Story/characters

You have done an admirable job of completing the characters you introduced in Part 1. Meg is obviously not a slut, and Don has some cheating issues to deal with. Real people and real marriages are like that. I would have preferred more plot in part 2, but you have evinced the true emotions of a single aberration very well. If you eschew absurd contrivances like illegal Audio taping, what would have happened if Meg had not confessed nor been caught? This is the huge majority of real life adultery.

Of course you will never satisfied those readers, usually anonymous, who live in a fantasy world of black and white, and who are never satisfied unless the wife is severely punished. Anything less than that makes the husband a wimp, and the wife a brain-dead slut. After all, the wife's pussy belongs to her husband doesn't it? Unauthorized use, no matter how fleeting, should always be the subject of serious retribution. Right? The double standard is their proud banner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Interesting

Your original story opened a can of worms, for sure. It spawned three other follow up stories besides yours. Readers can choose their favorite ending based on their own predilection since none of the endings are the same. If this was your intent, then you certainly succeeded. As an alternative method, maybe you could write several endings so that the reader could pick and choose among them. I think that most readers want a story with some type of closure. You should do what you want to do since you need to write for yourself first and then for the reader. Not everyone will agree with you. They can write their own ending in their mind if they disagree with you. Anyway, I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Bullshit

This selfish asshole is a piss-poor excuse for a husband. And his cunt of a wife is nothing but a slut.

SalamisSalamisover 18 years ago
A Different POV

First, I would like to say kudos to your writing style. As literature alone it works for me (with the exception of some minor editing mistakes). My discomfort is totally with the point of view you expressed.

I abhor reading about the ‘reasonable’ husband who has such an open mind about his wife’s infidelity that his brains could fall out. This husband embodies the Jimmy Carter value system that gives ‘lusting in your heart’ the same weight as having extramarital sex. It is a view that thinks flirting is a form of infidelity. I have read this sentiment in quite a few stories of late, and for the life of me, I don’t get it. It makes no sense to me.

The husband here had women flirt with him and he failed to tell his wife about all of their advances; yet he rebuffed them in every instance. That was a big Ho-hum to me, but to the husband it was significant cause for guilt. He did allow a woman to give him oral sex and that he should not have done. However, he did not seek it out. He was weak in letting it happen and more importantly HE KNEW IT WAS WRONG. His wife was justified in being upset with him and she would have been justified in ending the marriage because of that.

In contrast, his wife said she willingly had sex with another man and found him more enjoyable than her husband. She DID NOT think her actions were wrong. It was only sex. Do we give her a prize for honesty and candor? Not in my world we don’t. Her behavior was indefensible.

I’m not saying that husbands in this situation should always divorce their wives. I’m also not saying that husbands should always seek reconciliation and grant forgiveness. You can have an outstanding story with either outcome. I would just like to see a story where the actions are RATIONAL. Let me cite a few examples.

In Jakewho69’s ‘Harley’ the wife cheats and the husband after her confession promises that he “will make the best of the marriage”, he loves her but doesn’t trust or respect her. In Jakewho69’s ‘To Protect & Serve Ch. 12’ the husband learns of the wife’s INTENT to cheat, confronts her and the marriage collapses within months due to the lack of trust. Different outcomes, both realistic. In Longhorn_07’s “Lyin’ Eyes” the husband in part bases his reconciliation on the effect on their daughter, again a realistic response.

What I have trouble with is what I call the ‘happy horseshit’ approach of this story. The wife, married over 20 years, does not know the definition of infidelity. How old is she again? After 20+ years of a happy marriage the wife is invites a seduction. Is she suddenly horny? The husband knowing that the wife would have to continue to associate with a swingers group encourages her to STAY in her position. Is he seeking to become a cuckold? The husband stays with his wife because he loves her, even though not one reason is given for such devotion. Is he afraid to be alone?

I read other commentators complain about ‘stupid wives’. This wife is an example of one whose character is drawn as a brain-dead whore in the closet. That’s fine if you had fleshed out the character. You missed an opportunity to give us what many of the recent stories are lacking, namely a female villain with intelligence.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
I liiked this chapter

It is real enough. Nothing in a story has to be absolutely perfect. When we deal with how people react and deal with situations we WILL get a very mixed bag. And it is not written that the person will react logically.

Very good ending; handled very well.

Why should he hurt Phil's wife Stacy by telling her of Phil's infidelity? She is a wife who doesn't need to suffer. If he could just give Phil a kick in the nuts that might work.

cageyteecageyteeover 18 years ago
A great piece of writing!

I continue to enjoy your work and I'm contstantly amazed at how well you explore the wide range of emotions that infidelity can evoke in those people intimately involved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
it's a story

Why do people get so personal in their comments?

Remember, it's only meant to be a story! and I, for one, thought it well written and well thought out...and a bit deeper than most. Good stuff.

FireFox59FireFox59over 18 years ago
Hmmmmm

While I enjoyed the story I have a hard time with the husband feeling he's somewhat to blame for his wife joining a swingers group. I know she decided not to BUT for at least one night she was a full blown member. Personally when a person breaks my trust it broke for a long, long time. In this case the wife totally lost my trust.

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryover 18 years agoAuthor
Thanks for your comments

I would like to thank everyone for their comments, both on this story and the first part. Since there seems to be some strong opinions voiced on the characters, I would like to explain what I was trying to do. You can decide whether I succeeded.

With respect to Don, I tried to do a few things. First, I was trying to write about the conflict that a man can have between what his emotions and his intellect tell him in a situation like this. The emotions were easy and could be dealt with rather quickly, he was pissed and hurt and didn't know how to deal with it. The intellect on the other hand needed to be spelt out so that is why I spent so much of the story writing about his thought process.

What I was going for was a recognition that Don's failure to have sex with Barb wasn't due to his moral superiority, but plain dumb luck. His initial decision not to have sex with her didn't come from the realization that it was wrong, it came because he got scared back into reality by Ruth's timely intervention. He realized that if she hadn't scared him he would have found himself screwing Barb.

Think about it. Is attempted adultery as bad as actual adultery? If someone realizes that they were willing to go through with the act, does it really matter if they are thwarted by some outside agency? In my mind the answer is that the intent is just as bad as the act.

I liken it to the old Christian allegory "Let he among you without sin cast the first stone." Don knew that he had given into temptation in the past and his failure to act was fortuitous. He realized that he might have acted in the same way if he had been in that suite instead of Meg. This led him to the intellectual decision that he was no different from Meg.

His decision didn't make her actions right. It didn't take the blame for them. He still needed to make a choice on whether it was worth it to him to forgive her and work to save the marriage. His choice was to forgive her and work to save the marriage. That reflects my preferences.

In terms of Meg, I didn't want a villain. I wanted an average flawed woman in a tough situation. She isn't perfect. She's pragmatic, perhaps a little selfish and above all has a low self esteem. I don't see how some readers can characterize her as brain dead. She is simply someone who made a bad mistake because she went with her emotions. I repeat, she screwed up, she knows it and wants to make it better.

My idea with her was to present a woman who had basically put her life on hold while she devotes her time to her family and her job. I put her in the position where she can take some "me" time and she goes overboard. She gets flattered at some unconscious level because she gets asked to join the "in crowd" for the first time in her life and gives in to the moment. She's not brain dead, she just gets overwhelmed by the situation and makes a stupid decision.

Some people have commented that they didn't think that she loved her husband and that she did not feel guilty for her acts. This tells me that I missed what I was aiming at. I tried to portray the fact that she loved Don deeply on a variety of levels. I was looking to portray a different type of love than is normally found on this site, a love based on more than just lust and sex. Don is her life partner on a number of different levels.

As for the guilt, my concept of the first story is her lying in bed unable to sleep because of what she just did. I left it somewhat ambiguous because I was trying to leave a variety of endings plausible. But my take is that she is full of guilt. At the end of the first story, she is asking herself a bunch of questions. "Can I do it? Am I being honest with myself when I say sex doesn't matter?" My take on this is not that she was cold bloddedly contemplating an affair, she is starting the process of re-evaluating her whole way of looking at sex and love.

In my mind, Meg does a lot of growing in this story. She looks at her actions and evaluates her core beliefs. With Don, she evaluates her marriage and how to improve it. These are not the acts of someone who is brain dead nor are they the acts of a cold hearted villain. It's just an average woman trying to fix the mess that she has made of her life.

In Don's case it took a rattle of the door knob for him to look at what he was doing. in Meg's case, it took Don's comments in his phone call. But in each case, the result was the same. They looked at what they were doing and realized that unless they changed their behavior, there was a grave danger to their happiness.

Time to get off my soap box. Thanks for reading and thanks for the comments.

capecodmercury

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
The “Pictures from married life” Award

Named after the master Ingmar Bergman. Yes, dear author, by my account you have earned it! While at it, let me add another worthy award for “intelligent couple dialog” (I hope you cleared enough space for the awards above your fire place).

It has been a while since I have had the pleasure to follow such courageous, probing and inquiring dialogues and internal monologues as I have read here. No wonder I was thinking Bergman. To the readers who claim that the story is not original or unique, I respectfully offer a challenge: show me where you have read in, say, the last two months such an inquiry of that many angels of each of the following themes and the way they interplay with each other – all in the same story: (1) The underlying issues/contributing factors for infidelity vs. the immediate circumstances ; (2) Conscious /unconscious motivations to infidelity ; (3) all the above Vs, ‘justifications’ or ‘reasons’ (or lack them of) for infidelity ; (4) The ‘slippery slope’ nature of temptation ; up to what point could a flirtatious behavior be considered to be ‘legitimate’ (the issue of drawing a specific line on a specific behavior in the spectrum of behaviors) (5) Assessing infidelity on a spectrum according to circumstances, level of awareness etc; (6) The “cost benefit” analysis of voluntary confession vs. silence over one time affairs ; (7) Different approaches to dealing with infidelity (by both the person who was cheating, the spouse and the couple together).

There are more themes, but I feel that the seven above will suffice to establish my claim for uniqueness.

The cherry on top is that despite the fact that the story covers all that ground, you never feel like you are in a class “covering material” in ethics. It always remains the painful drama of one husband and one wife with both their weaknesses and their strengths, trying to hold together to their marriage.

p.s. To all the ‘Wimp husband labelers’: Where is your sense of justice and rage when Mr. Husband gets a nice blow job and does not come clean about it? Where is your indignation when he is ready to have a full intercourse (if not for the interruption)? Or is it that rules of fidelity should conveniently apply only to the subservient females of the tribe? Should they be dismissed by their husbands at a moment notice? (A list of countries with this type of ‘desired’ laws could be provided to interested individuals upon request).

Sandman1Sandman1about 18 years ago
This is by far...

The BEST story I have read on literotica.com, and I have read a lot of them! You have a talent my friend. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Disagree

It is my own opinion that trust is sacred to a relationship. Once it's broken it can never be regained, not as it once was, there will always be questions, doubts. Perhaps it has to do with the way I was brought up. I'm sure people grew up with different moral values.

I guess I just don't understand why any man, or woman for that matter, would accept a spouse who cheats on them. Years of marriage, companionship and friendship broken, why would they accept that? Forgiveness, yes or maybe, but it can never be forgotten. I guess people are afraid to leave a comfort zone they found. Maybe they'd rather stick with what they know, even if it is a cheating spouse, than brave a new relationship. I don't know.

This was a well-written story. I just don't agree with the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
it 's sad that writers can't punish female cheater

the reason is they want punish or can't,because of their wives or girlfriends.but it time that some writer with some ball step up the plate.she shit of their marriage and it his fault.look if he had fuck some bimbo and told her it would been in divorce court in a heart beat.woman know how to get given and that why they ware the pants.she suppose to be mad with him for two shortcoming that he didn't do.don't short change your readers they see thru the mental b/s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
a wonderful pair of stories

despite what all the nay-sayers tell you.

As always, there are those whose knee-jerk reaction to any cheating wife is "shoot the bitch!". But for the rest of us, those of us who bother to read the story carefully and see what the author is trying to achieve, these two stories are beautifully written (and not at all too wordy, in my opinion).

When I read capecodmercury's own statement about what he was trying to achieve, I knew I had to comment: to say, "Yes, you did it!" That is just how the story came through to me.

There is depth here to both characters: Don struggles with his angry feelings, and reaches for a more rational way of handling the situation; and his wife is a more realistic woman than many wives in stories like this, in that cuddling and affection matter to her more than hot sex does.

And, despite what some angry readers want to claim, his transgressions are not minor, in fact they are not much less bad than hers--as he realizes but as some of the readers don't.

Thanks, ccm, for a terrific story, one that is thoughtful and emotionally powerful. Your work is very much appreciated!

ohio

ddpmanddpmanabout 18 years ago
Another view

I thought this was a fine tlae with a plasible ending. I came in via the back door as I reade blue88's ending and ForeverFaithful's endings. I like your original best, but then again I am a romantic. I am greatly enterained by the analysis comments of the Tale. it is writers tale and enjoy it as he wrote it. Iliked your idea of a challange for a better or different ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
OHIO's comments are so sad and revealing !

It is so sad that a super hubby wimp like OHIO thinks the author (capecod) did a good job here... but this does explain why OHIO wrote the super wimp story HOUSE of CARDS the way he did

It is interesting that OHIO cannot actually name what are Hubby's "transgression" that was nearly as bad as the wife's...

a BJ 14 years aho a drunken bachelor party is NOT even close to the same you MORON !!!!

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 18 years ago
This ending is a FAILURE

After reading this story many many times as well as the other endings (which are all much better than this one ) I given this a ending a lot of thought .... the story is superb and the two main characters are very strong and well fleshed out and in that regard CCM deserves a lot of credit for making such a fabulous Plot. I dont think any story has ever seen as many variants as the one created by this Author. But it is also the most frustrating story line I have ever seen here... which is WHY there are so many variants.

In the end this story is a miserable failure b/c the author's attempt to show how a married nearly 50 yr old straight man would react is absurd to the Nth degree. The well known line said by Marge "I have cheated on my husband I dont know what I am going to do" .... well don't worry Marge b/c the author will make sure that ONLY the Hubby suffers and You as most woman do in Loving / Cheating Wives stories here at Literotica NEVER suffer more than a few hours or days .

This ending fails b/c the author has forgotten what happened to begin with!! -- Hubby and wife got together to brain storm some ideas about how NOT to give PHIL a chance to get close to Marge to try anything. We all read that in part 1 right?

This pointis CRITICAL as to WHY the author fails in showing how the Man's internal thought process and thus the decision by DON to keep Marge is a joke.... and devoid of any connection to reality.

In the story Hubby asks point blank "is this a revenge fuck."... (page 4) Wife says NO.... but Hubby spends most of page 2-3-4 filled with pathetic mindless ramblings about how He--DON -- was tempted 6 years ago and how 12 years ago he got a BJ while in a drunken stupor... which results in the author having DON conclude that we are all too human blah blah blah bullshit bullshit bullshit

.............Meg sighed. "No. It's not that simple. Don, I forgave you for what happened with Barb a long time ago. I'm not going to try to use revenge as an excuse. This had nothing to do with getting back at you. I just screwed up. I just hope that, in time, you can forgive me like I forgave you."

Meg's statement sat there. She didn't have to use my earlier transgressions against me. I was doing it for her. I was caught in a trap of my own making. I knew that if I loved her as much as she loved me, I would have to find a way to forgive her and save our marriage.............

are you fucking kidding me CCM ? The ONLY trap here is the One YOU set up. ****** IF the Hubby spends all this time thinking about a event 6 years ago-- where he did NOTHING wrong --- and a BJ at a Bachelor party 12 years ago.... then the idea that DON can then accept Marge's intentional sex ... where she OPENLY says PHIL is A much better fuck than you and that I wanted to join their little swingers group.... makes NO sense.

The Character YOU develop should be flipping out!!... not 6 days later... "well baby your the greatest... "

Indeed the part where she tells DON the sex was great and far better than anything you have ever done is IGNORED and glossed over by the HUBBY the author and so many others here... BUT from a MAN's point of view this is so very crippling. NOT b/c of PENIS envy size and not b/c we are all Jealous of woman's sexual power or some other bullshit but b/c Hubby and wife worked together as a team as a couple... to specifically avoid this YET she threw it back in Hubby's face on purpose... and in spades

and then she says she was strongly tempted to says YES and join the swingers group for a once a year fuck fest....

......I don't love Phil and didn't make love to him. You are the only man I have ever made love too. I know it's a cliché, but it was just physical, just sex. I almost convinced myself that this was OK........

in other words I FUCKED Phil but I love you... yet throughout DON sad moronic ramblings on the bottom of pages 2-3-4 this is never ever mentioned!!

I find CCM 's post here in the Feedback section to be a sign of a person's serious lack of moral values. He says "The intellect on the other hand needed to be spelt out so that is why I spent so much of the story writing about his thought process."

You failed Totally...

"Think about it. Is attempted adultery as bad as actual adultery? "

Are you fucking kidding me? As I said before... Wife already asserted this was NOT a revenge fuck so why does Hubby spend all his time thinking something that never actually happened?!?! Second the BJ event was 12 years ago so when does HUBBY ever stop paying for that?! he has proved himself time and time again...

And DON did do the right thing when barb was out to get him. To argue such a point.... well its outright SOPHISTRY (bullshit)

"What I was going for was a recognition that Don's failure to have sex with Barb wasn't due to his moral superiority, but plain dumb luck. His initial decision not to have sex with her didn't come from the realization that it was wrong, it came because he got scared back into reality by Ruth's timely intervention. He realized that if she hadn't scared him he would have found himself screwing Barb."

again this is crapola.... DON did NOT have sex with Barb 6 years ago...yet the author uses this bullshit to equate the two acts... It takes an exceptional amounts of SOPHISTRY to argue that doing the right thing-- with Barb is the same thing as Marge fucking PHIL.... revealing in the awesome sex and wanting to join a swingers group...

come on folks....

again the key point is the effort of Hubby and wife to act together to avoid this exact event ... ONLY to have wife then tell him PHIL fucks much better than you and I really wanted to join their group

Hubby says ........... "All of the insecurities and worries that had been plaguing me since she started talking about the men at the conference on Tuesday came flooding back. My worst nightmares had come true. She had gone to the conference, forgotten about me and replaced me.".....

at the bottom of page 2 Hubby says this--

..........I had to deal with the knowledge that she had slept with another man. Another man had fucked the pussy that had been my private domain for the past twenty years. Meg had admitted that she was weak and had given into a moment's temptation. Could I forgive her for a one-time transgression?.....

This is PRECISELY where CCM screwed up this story (like Phil screwed Marge) .... No man would ever think about a "1 time transgression" a few hours after being told by his wife of 20 years he is sexual failure and she WILLINGLY went to have sex with Phill and really thought about joining their secret fuck group.

Lastly the wife's attitude towards sex as described by DON is a major sticking point .... DON says

....I don't share her belief that there is a difference between sex and making love. The act of having sex creates such an intimacy that I cannot view it as just another physical activity. The mere act of copulation is so personal that it necessarily creates a bond. Further, the mating dance to get to sex creates another type of bond. I might be a hypocrite because of what I have done, but even when I had been tempted, I've understood the consequence of my actions.....

Imagine a Hubby had that attitude and thought it was his "right" to screw anything in a dress.... would not all of us be jumping on this serious sexual conflict as Major sticking point? ..

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Good story, enjoyed it

An excellent tale and well-told.

I have to wonder about Harry, et.al. He seems exercised that the husband worked his way through his wife's infidelty but isn't agitated when the husband's cheating on his wife fails to result in divorce. Evidently Harry thinks that because the incident in question didn't involve vaginal penetration and that it happened twelve years ago, it wasn't important enough to be classified as infidelty. Here's a heads up, Harry: Don cheated. By your logic, she should have kicked his sorry, cheating ass out the door. Why didn't you demand that? Or is it okay with you for husbands to accept handjobs and blowjobs from female acquaintances as long as the wife doesn't find out?

While others found the exploration of Don's thought processes tiresome, I did not. It was credible examination of what the character considered and I thank you for that. I resonated with Don's feeling that their marriage had problems and those problems weren't going to go away on their own.

The blame game is easy to play but life has taught me that no one wins that game, there are only losers. For some, divorce is the best solution, for others, a recommitment to the marriage with reconcilation is best. For Don and Meg as portrayed in the story, I could see the resolution either way.

Thanks again for a thought-provoking read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
logically inconsistent

CCM, one of the things you wanted to show was a woman to whom sex wasn't a key element to the relationship. To that end, she had never had a mind-altering sexual experience in her life. If that is how she feels about sex, how can she become so sexually overcome by kissing and touching (and talking)? Not only her husband, but every other man she had sex with, was mediocre at best and only Phil was stellar? Doesn't make sense. What makes sense is that she was developing an emotional connection with Phil and that was what enabled the experience to be so sensational, along with knowing how badly she was thumbing her nose at hubby, which always adds excitement. If knowing she was cheating added excitement, she can't claim it didn't seem like cheating at the time. Doing the right thing doesn't add any forbidden excitement.

She basically tells her husband that he is unsatisfying and all she really wants from him is the cuddling, like they did at the end of their trip. She has the perfect situation. He can see why she would be tempted by other guys and all they want with each other is the cuddling. And her statement of his inadequacy is only a blip for him? Any guy who is told he's lousy in bed is going to forever have trouble getting aroused by the woman who does it, let alone his wife, after telling how great the guy she cheated with performed.

When she told him it didn't mean anything, I was waiting for him to ask, "How many times didn't it mean anything?" Remember, it wasn't once, it was one night numerous times.

But the point that really caused problems was that he didn't remember what he had done before, all during the telling of his story until we needed a reason for the reconciliation. When he is doing all that introspection, really, one of the first things he is going to think about is his past actions. Did I bring this on myself? Am I getting what I deserve? Can I expect more from her than from myself? But he intentionally hid it from us until the moment it served his purposes best. He also hid it from himself. It's internal dialog. Is he lying to himself?

Sorry, it is a rule of writing. The character can't base his reactions on things he knows later, but wouldn't admit to knowing while he's building his reaction. He knows he did wrong, that it's significant to this situation and he can't only remember it at the darkest point.

louguy35louguy35over 17 years ago
A Late Comment

Although the story was interesting, and well written, I cannot give it more than a score of 50 because of the really woolly thinking regarding the forced idea that the husband was nearly as bad as the wife because he had been tempted. I know that moral theology is not an issue that Litcom readers, or writers, know very much about, but there is a great, great difference between being tempted and giving in to temptation. In the first case the person is not culpable, whereas in the second situation the person is guilty of wrongdoing. To ascribe equal, or near equal, wrong to both situations is grotesquely ignorant. It reveals a lack of knowledge about morality; it displays a lack of logical thinking; and it is pure sophistry.

Such thinking is the basis for the currently political correct notion of "moral equivalency" which seems to be very prominant in the writing of Litcom authors. It is a concept that is found wanting in many respects, and is used by writers of Litcom stories primarily to force a desired result. Not good form or substance!

Cheers!

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Phil the chicken

Man i was glad you fixed that chicken Phil that was incredible what happened to Frank ?

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga.

ralphcralphcover 17 years ago
the cost

ugh, do athletic commissions really exist and are they taxpayer funded ? oh, wifey said she had to tell hubby cause she promised long ago to not keep secrets. didn't she also promise to be faithful. hubby is a wimp cause he didn't tell phil's wife.the committie was good for wife's career so he didn't want to upset the apple-cart. WHO is sorry they had an affair and explains in detail the great sex?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
it was ok

but i agree with the idea that what she did was worse than what he did ...i really think they should have told phils wife and his wife should have let him fuck her to really get even....she fucked up and if she let him do phils wife then they would have been even also and it would have made ot easier to make up....that way the ywould both have been on an even keel ...she fucked phil once he fucked phils wife once ...what could phil have said .....either way stacy would have fucked him if just to get even with phil ...she would have done that just to rub his face in it ....now if their marriage lasted would be up to them to see if their marriage was as strong as theirs was ....i fully believe that infidility breeds infidelity ...so they might as well get the revenge fuck out of the way and see if they can get over it and go on with their lives

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I am afraide that I would have been a little more

But your way of solving things has merit I'll have to admit. I suppose that the final outcome is what really counts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
A verbal beating is good here

Although the husband didn't beat the living shit out of Phis, as I had hoped, at least he let Phil know what he thought of him. He actually did more to his stupid ego than a beating would have done. I am sure that afterward Stacy would start to connect the dots and although they didn't actually tell her what Phil had done she will find out and then Phil must pay the piper. I enjoyed your story and feel it gave me some insight into my own feelings revenge that i have had for years simply because I didn't do as the husband did and confronted Phil.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Superb

It was long, but held interest. The other pundits perceived endings and "solutions" would not have worked as well.

Not_JohnNot_Johnover 15 years ago
Roll reversal?

Two points really seemed out of order with me. The first came in Part One, where Meg talks about her feeling about sex and love.

Meg:

"All sex was to me was a pleasant form of exercise. I never understood the difference between sex and making love."

"Sex is merely the physical act, but making love encompasses a whole lot more. It's all about the intimacy and feelings that surround the act."

This is underscored later when she says:

"When Phil finished, he rolled off of me and lay back lost in his own space breathing deeply. I did not feel the connection. It was just sex. "

The other is when Don pontificated on her view of sex in "Too".

Don:

"I don't share her belief that there is a difference between sex and making love. The act of having sex creates such an intimacy that I cannot view it as just another physical activity. The mere act of copulation is so personal that it necessarily creates a bond. Further, the mating dance to get to sex creates another type of bond. I might be a hypocrite because of what I have done, but even when I had been tempted, I've understood the consequence of my actions. I felt the guilt because I knew that I had betrayed both Meg and my own beliefs."

OK, for now let's set aside "equality" their separate acts. It's a well known fact that men give love to get sex while women give sex to get love. It's the way we are made up.

I know from whence I speak. About five years into my marriage (we've been married for 41 years) I had a couple of little flings. Two back to back one night stands with two different women. I was sure that I wouldn't get caught. My wife was out of town with her parents and our daughter and no one we knew, except one of the women, even knew I was there. What I didn't count on was my wife's wisecrack when we were in bed the first night back. She asked as a joke, "So how many women did you have sex with while I was gone?" It was really unexpected and caught me flat footed. She asked me outright and I couldn't even think of a lie. I admitted it to her and told her that she didn't need to worry. "It was just sex... they didn't mean anything to me." UMMMM... sounds a lot like Meg, doesn't it?

Don thinking that sex forms a bond is true, but it's not the kind of thing a man admits. To him, sex is just sex. Love, now that's something different. Lust can lead to love, but only after a long time of the woman giving herself to him in a thousand ways not just sex.

Then there is the occasion of an actual swap that my wife and I got caught up in. It was stupid OK, so don't rag on be about it; it too was over 30 years ago. Once we got home and back in our bed, I felt a pang of jealousy but no regret for my part in it. As I thought of her with him between her legs, the first thing I did was reclaim my territory. I had sex with my wife and saw to it that she had a good time. I think in Don's place, I'd have screwed her brains out, trying to replace any thing that remained of Phil in her psyche.

So while the story was well written and followed a good logical path, it just didn't ring true. BTW, it is logically possible to prove black is white and the moon is made of green cheese, so.... so much for logic.

grogers7grogers7over 15 years ago
Whew! Serious business

A knowledgeable examination of temptation, action and consequences. A tour de force of the most difficult of problems in marriage and persona vs. self

roadbirdroadbirdover 15 years ago
so

liked the story but the wife owed the hubby a fuck with another woman ....simple get even get over it and go on ...still should have told stacy

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wow

The confrontation of Phil by Don was chilling. First he shook Phil's hand and then Don made Phil feel a bit UNCOMFORTABLE in front of his wife. WOW! Then Don and his wife scolded Phil!! What drama, what tension, what thrills. WHAT THE F*CK? Are you F*CKing kiding me?? You left out having Don hold his breath and pee his pants. OOOH, he got sooo upset with Phil for F*CKing his wife. OH please. When they make this movie will Don be played by Nathan Lane, Barney Frank or RuPaul? This Don can't be hetero. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wow

The confrontation of Phil by Don was chilling. First he shook Phil's hand and then Don made Phil feel a bit UNCOMFORTABLE in front of his wife. WOW! Then Don and his wife scolded Phil!! What drama, what tension, what thrills. WHAT THE F*CK? Are you F*CKing kiding me?? You left out having Don hold his breath and pee his pants. OOOH, he got sooo upset with Phil for F*CKing his wife. OH please. When they make this movie will Don be played by Nathan Lane, Barney Frank or RuPaul? This Don can't be hetero. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Just curious

Is there any point in which Don will call it quits? Just how many people does the now repentant wifey have to screw in order to kill the marraige?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
LEFT OUT THE PART

where Don sucks Phil's dick like the good little pussy he is.

zed0zed0over 14 years ago
Well Written Wimp Story!

I see you are popular with the wimpy non-men crowd. She cheated on him cause he is a little wimp and did not earn or deserve any respect. I'm sure he will develop a taste for cream pie cause he's gonna need it. Good writing should get you a better score but your content is long and pretty disrespectful of men. I suspect this was written by a women who expect their wimps to forgive and forget and not make too many waves.

zed0zed0over 14 years ago
Well Written Wimp Story!

I see you are popular with the wimpy non-men crowd. She cheated on him cause he is a little wimp and did not earn or deserve any respect. I'm sure he will develop a taste for cream pie cause he's gonna need it. Good writing should get you a better score but your content is long and pretty disrespectful of men. I suspect this was written by a women who expect their wimps to forgive and forget and not make too many waves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Not as bad as www or bonnietaylors bullshit but...

It still sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Another lying slut / dickless whimp story

Complete drivel. Any man with balls would have dumped the wife's cheating ass on the road, and taken a few pieces out of Phil. What crap.

theVikingSailortheVikingSailorover 14 years ago
Well done...

Really excellent writing and treatment of a complex and important topic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

you made DOn a wimpy husband by taking back a whoring wife that does thing for other men she wont do for her husbandand then blantently tells him Phil satisfied her meore than he could. Then you degrade Don even more by not letting him ruin Phils marriage. I wouldn't put up with a slut like Meg, and I've made that perfectly clear to my wife what would happen if she ever fucks around on me like meg did to Don. YOu try to blame Don for screwing around but he never stuck his dick into anotyu womans hole and shot his sperm into it like Meg let Phil do to her

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Another castrated man story

Prefer not reading about wimp men

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Just another wimpy husband story. The husband should have divorced the fucking cheating whore

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I don't think Don was "wimpy" I think he approached the situation like an adult and as a man who loved his wife. And it's not like he was blameless. He crossed the line a few times himself. No he never had sex with anyone else but getting a blowjob from a sleezy stripper IS cheating. And he would have slept with Barb if it wasn't for outside forces snapping him out if it. Meg didn't have those outside influences, she was surrounded by people who were deluding themselves into thinking that a sexual fling is "no harm no foul".

And I don't think Meg is a "slut wife". She made a mistake, but she owned up to it and realized that keeping it a secret would do more harm than good. In the first half she says that she wished he would have just admitted his trangressions rather than hear it from a third party. That is the slippery slope with affairs, it's not always the cheating that is the problem but the lying that comes with it.

I think Don showed his true strength when he confronted Phil. He didn't need a macho show of strength to get his point across, his revenge if you will was subtle but effective. He didn't let his wife get off easy, they worked through their problems but it didn't happen overnight. I don't condone cheating but I think this is one of the better written and better rationalized reconciliations that I have read in the LW category.

kawariderkawariderover 13 years ago
Ignore the haters

I enjoyed this one. The real question is "how high a price are you willing to pay to save your marriage?" Some, because of how much they value both their marriage and their spouse, are willing to pay a truly high price. Others, well you've read their comments. What truly amuses me is the attitude that seems to suggest a blow job from a stripper (or anyone other than your wife) is somehow not cheating...the U.S. has a former president who would love that idea. My advice: keep writing and ignore the haters.

VickieTernVickieTernover 13 years ago
Intelligent

And sensitive to the issues, too. One of the few "loving wives" stories I've encountered without romanticising or melodratizing, just telling it like it can be with reasonably careful and self-aware, decent people..

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

It seems to me that the likely outcome of something like this for most couples, in spite of the torch the bitch crowd, is reconciliation. It's hard for me to accept that one somewhat drunken action should be able to destroy a good marriage. What I don't believe in this story is that anyone who would confront his wife's lover like Phil was confronted wouldn't tell the lover's wife what was going on. I just can't believe that anyone could be that considerate to the asshole that shit on his marriage.

demantoiddemantoidover 13 years ago
Great story Capecod Mercury...

Loved and hated your self control...and that made your story so exquisite. Great tension, well plotted and again marvelous self control. Thank you!

robinhodrobinhodover 13 years ago
The mark of a brilliant story

is that so many readers have taken the trouble to write comments. In many cases the comments make valid points (as someone else has already said I exclude the idiot 'burn the bitch' gang, why do they read Literotica?). One of the points made by many commentators on many stories is the obvious impossibility of a real man forgiving his wife for an away fuck. I don't think it's impossible at all, in fact I think it's not uncommon.

I also enjoyed the author posting a detailed comment on readers comments. Well done and more power to your elbow. New readers, please do read the comments below:-

in2itdeepin2itdeepabout 13 years ago
Very, very nice.

Your story was captivating, entertaining, well developed and, by God, educational! Wonderful!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Tried

Tried not to like it, but it is very good.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
It was a good story,,,,,,,,,

but I just don't like the situational position of the wife and her lover. R.T.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
This author loves to justify a husband being cuckolded.

Title says it all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
This seemed to be,

a long story to make another wimp that likes his creampies more than his honor. What a price to pay to keep a slut.

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
I gave it a solid 4

I have to have a visceral love of a story to five it, so it's not a reflection on you.

Only saw one error where you called 'Phil' Paul.

The first section was overly wordy. It could have been trimmed by at least a tenth if not more.

This one seemed tighter. And I loved the 'money shot' with Phil and Don. Good stuff there.

Thank you for writing and write more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Anonymous

I just don't understand how you could ever remain married to someone who did that. Marriage is broken, I could understand if it was a sexual relationship, or somehow monetary based. But for two people who devoted their lives together. There is no coming back from that.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Really nicely done -

Again lots of thought was put in to this story and I appreciate the effort -

To those who can only see a cuckold being a wimp - you clearly seem to ignore his indiscretions very convenient to allow us men to fail but never the women. Nice perspective on life - a lot like Phil eh?? Of course it clearly worked out so well for Phil -

Life is full of temptation - seems like I read something like that in a story recently lol - how we respond to those - good or bad - should be a lesson on how to be better - a quest that should never end.

Good luck to these two they seem like the ones to make it work -

Thanks for sharing -

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
In the Wrong

Nicely written, both were wrong to do what they did but unlike some, I wouldn't call her a slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Ouch!

Time after time as I read this I thought, "What is he thinking? No coherent husband would respond in such a naive and socially liberal fashion." She was very clear that sex and love were not connected. This was not a spouse who could be trusted in a monogamous relationship. A well-written tale that just does not ring true.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Don't agree with this

"The other dancer had come up from behind and had gotten my zipper undone. Once she got her hand on my prick, she used it as a handle to pull me into a bedroom. I tried to get away, but she wouldn't take no for an answer. She was all over me and I told myself that I couldn't pull away without hurting her."

I can't understand this at all. Anyone that intentionally hurts me or mine (and that includes my marriage) will be met with resistance and if that means I have to hurt them in the process then so be it.

Overall this story is very well written. Please don't stop.

Johnny1MJohnny1Mabout 12 years ago
Why the hell wouldn't he tell Phil's wife Stacy?

Why would he have any consideration for Phil's marriage? Phil is portrayed as the consummate ladies' man. I would think he would be doing Stacy a favor telling her about her husband. Were I in the husband's shoes, I think I would make the wife tell all about how Phil seduced her and what went on at these conferences as a condition of getting back together. Why would anyone try to save the marriage of the guy that screwed his wife?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
DON - A MAJOR CUCK AND WIMP / MEG - A CHEATING WHORE WIFE

Let me see if I have this right ..... Meg fucks Phil and tells her "poor, clueless Cuck husband" Don that Phil is a better lover than he is! Don (a MAJOR PUSSY - bigger than what his wife has between her legs ... and that is PRETTY DAMN BIG!!) then tells Phil "better not do that again" while adjusting the "horns" Meg has "placed on his pathetic head. And the reader then is suppose to believe that the next time a "LARGE COCK" is waved in front of MEG'S CHEATING SLUT ASS FACE, she will say "Oh, I really enjoyed being fucked by someone better than the man I married but I will keep my legs together this time???" The question Capecodmercury is "Who is the bigger fool ... Don or the idiot readers of your stories"???? My response .. GIVE US A BREAK ... ASSHOLE!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
What a fucking wimp story.

Author must love having another man fuck his woman. He is obvious a perv.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Guys like don cant exist in the real world...its just pathetic

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
5

All of you Anonymice are the wimps. Short-dicked unemployed beer guts. What woman would ever want any of you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
How utterly juvenile!

CCM's stories always have a "quid pro quo". Just when the story gets interesting, the husband's old fling is conveniently resurrected, which then allows for a non-original reconciliation. How would the author handle the story if the husband had never cheated? Then it would have gotten interesting, and a bit more complicated. The author would have had to work his imagination a little harder. But I have noticed that most Lit.com writers of "Loving Wives" stories do not seem to want to spend much effort on the resolution and ending part of the story conflict. As did CCM, they opt for the easy way out.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Lots of room for thought

If this story-series were required reading in 10th grade, most of LIT would erode away over the decades because people would be much less careless in their relationships! Well, maybe not totally. Maybe with that and peckerectomies in 11th grade!

Mainest grinch is the excess wordiness and preachiness (or is that two grinches?) I also feel that her flirting on the earlier evenings was not emphasized until after the fact. Her enjoyment in being able to make the guys sweat needed to be presented a little more as it was going on!

5*

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
Stupid!

He should have told Stacy! She has a right to know what she is married too! Phil deserves to have his marriage fucked up just the way Don's was fucked. That is justice! This story was frustrating and stupid! Even if Don was going to keep his stupid wife he should have left Phil in the rubble and ruins of his marriage! Fuck Meg is she doesn't go along with it! He should have ratted out all the cheaters and burned their little club down to the ground! Fucking stupid ending.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
I see Matt M's nephew is a writer here

This story kept it all in the family.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago

One of the most insightful stories I have read on this site. Love your writing.

" I don't share her belief that there is a difference between sex and making love. The act of having sex creates such an intimacy that I cannot view it as just another physical activity. The mere act of copulation is so personal that it necessarily creates a bond. Further, the mating dance to get to sex creates another type of bond."

Just beautiful!

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

i fucked him, it was just sex, i did not like it all that much, but i really do want the job.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

forgot the one about "i didnt want to ruin his marriage." why the fuck not!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Whole lot of cheating going on!

If every man were to tell his wife about looking at or flirting with another woman, the divorce rate would spike up. If every woman told her husband the number of men that hit on her there would be an AVALANCHE of divorces. What happened to being adults, giving your spouse some space and trusting them to do the right thing? And when they don't , you divorce the cheater. Like he should have done. This story would have been more believable if they had gone to a marriage counselor. Most people can't work it out by themselves. Just too close to the situation to be able to view it with a clear head.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous