Nina's Garden

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

****

A few weeks after our trip to Maine on a Monday in mid January, I was woken up by my alarm one morning, and as my arms searched for Nina's back, to my surprise I found the bed to be empty. Usually, I was the one to wake up first and start the day, as I had to get to work the earliest.

When I entered the bathroom, I saw a scene that I immediately grew to hate. Nina was sitting down on her knees in front of the lavatory, and her head hung over the bowl. I heard her gag and spit into the bowl, then retch and throw up into the lavatory. To this day, the sound of someone throwing up makes my guts churn, and it hurts me to my beloved Nina being sick and nauseous. I waited until she appeared to be done throwing up, and helped her to clean up a little.

"Are you ok, Nina? You don't seem to be doing too well this morning," I said, as I noticed she was very, very pale, almost deadly so.

"I'm now... or at least somewhat. My stomach seems to be upset this morning," Nina replied.

She ended up skipping breakfast that morning, and ate lightly throughout the rest of the day. That night, she seemed to be doing just fine, and I didn't really worry about it. But the following morning, I found her throwing up again. Nina remained tired and mal at ease throughout the rest of that day. The next day, she was still nauseous and was sick again in the morning, but Nina also complained of sore nipples, a headache and a dull belly ache, and she seemed to be going to the bathroom more often than usual. Nina came home early from work that day. Her boss had sent her home, as she wasn't worth much to work that day.

When I came home from work that night, Nina was resting on the couch, with a worried look on her face. I could tell she wasn't feeling well, and was very worried on top of that. She told me she had realized that afternoon she missed her period, and she told me about the additional symptoms that had surfaced. Being two supposedly smart adults, we sure acted like fools right there and then. Neither of us seemed to pick up on the symptoms and realize just what was going on, and neither of us reminisced about the trip to Maine and the unprotected sex - at least for now.

Because I was worried, I decided to send Nina over to see the doctor that same night. Our family doctor, Dr. Cathy Bennett, gave Nina a thorough examination decided she was going to draw blood for a series of tests. She had an idea what might be going on, though.

Nina had blood drawn early the next morning, before she left for work. She was nauseous that morning, but only threw up a little and actually ate a little bit after the blood had been drawn. The symptoms were still there, but Nina felt a little better, and was able to work a full day. But neither of our minds was very focused on our work that day. We expected Dr Bennett to call us at home that evening with the initial results of the blood test, and to tell us what further tests or steps might be necessary, and we were both very worried the tests might show Nina had some kind of major illness.

Dinner was understandably strained that night. The call from Dr Bennett came around 7 P.M. As she spoke to Dr Bennett on the phone, I could see the little color she had draining from Nina's face, as she went deadly pale.

"What's wrong, Nina? Is it serious?" I asked with a sad voice.

"She asked me to come to her practice later tonight, around 9 P.M., at the end of surgery," Nina sadly croaked.

"Oh God..." I gasped.

"You can say that again... if a doctor asks you to come and see him to talk about test results, and refuses to speak about them on the phone, it has to be something serious..." Nina said, as I embraced her. Nina put her head on my shoulder and started crying. I walked her to the couch and we spent the next hour and a half watching television in anxious silence.

We arrived at Dr. Bennett's practice shortly before 9 P.M. and went in. We waited for about 15 minutes, before Dr. Bennett called us to the consulting room.

As she sat down in front of Dr. Bennett, Nina voiced her thought, anxiously, "I'm very sick, am I not? It has to be something serious if you ask me to..."

"Don't worry, Miss Booth. You're not sick," Dr. Bennett interrupted.

"So, it's nothing major? Then why wouldn't you talk to me about in on the phone?" Nina croaked.

"Quite the contrary, Miss Booth, what you have is very major," she replied.

"I don't understand..." Nina murmured.

"Well Miss Booth... allow me to express it like this... Congratulations, you're pregnant!" Dr. Bennett said with a smile.

Nina's jaw dropped as she gasped, and covered her mouth with her hand. I looked at Dr. Bennett in shock. She showed us the test results, and there it was, black on white: Nina was pregnant.

Suddenly, a myriad of things started to make sense. The symptoms, the fact Nina missed her period, the nausea, the morning sickness. Things started to gel in our minds, and I suddenly remembered the unprotected sex during our trip to Maine, as I gave Nina a hug.

Dr. Bennett advised Nina to see her gynecologist soon and have him examine her, and she also suggested we take a few things to let the new settle in, and to think before making any decisions - she seemed to picked up on our shock.

****

Of course, the news of Nina's pregnancy took us by surprise (even if, hindsight is always 20/20, it shouldn't have) and left us in a quandary for several days. Soon, we both realized the mistake we had made while in Maine, and the decision it left us with.

Nina and I did actually want children. The topic had come up earlier that year, and we had discussed it. We both knew we eventually wanted to start a family and raise children. We had even discussed the intended size of our family before. But, we had also agreed not to start our family for another few years. We had also agreed we wouldn't have children before we were married, even although by then it was already clear we would get married someday (we had discussed that subject as well), and I had already told her I would someday ask her to marry me.

Nina and I agreed the child she was now carrying, had been conceived in love and trust. We also agreed that, with some amends, we probably had the resources to raise a child. The biggest question was whether we were mentally ready to do so - after all, Nina was only 23, going on 24 years old at the time. But Nina and I are both opposed to abortion, even if we're not religious, and because this child was a result of love, we came to the conclusion we should have this child. We would have to be ready to raise a child in about 8 months, come hell or high water.

We informed our closest relatives of Nina's pregnancy, and luckily, they didn't take it too badly. Nina's sisters were ecstatic, and they teased us once more about our trysts in Maine, saying it didn't surprise them one bit Nina was pregnant, remembering the way we had been getting it on in Maine. Our parents weren't angry, but did express some disappointment, especially mine, and I can't really blame them.

My parents were especially expressed disappointment at the fact our child had been conceived out of wedlock, and they asked me if I intended to marry Nina, and give her the courtesy of having our child within wedlock. It was a strong incentive for me, especially after I remember the agreement Nina and I had previously formulated, not to have children before we were married. But the facts had caught up with us, as Nina was already pregnant. I decided right there and then to propose to her.

I decided to go with an idea for proposing to Nina, that I had developed earlier, and set the works in motion to propose to Nina the next weekend. I had one of my high school buddies, who is very good cook who owns his own restaurant, prepare a very nice picnic, and together with another buddy, on Friday night after work I set up a table on the location I intended to use. I also had this buddy print a large banner saying 'Nina, will you marry me?', which we suspended between two trees.

On Saturday morning, I left on my mountain bike and rode to the intended location, a nice clearing in a forest about 3 miles from our house, where Nina and I regularly came for a walk (and the occasional romp in the woods). I changed into a suit, and after my crony delivered the picnic, I set it up. Then I used the primitive (by today's standards) cell phone I had at the time, and called Nina. I lured her to the forest, saying my bicycle had broken down, and she needed to come and get me and the bicycle. Nina was pissed off and didn't want to come at first, but I was able to shanghai her into coming by saying I had injured my hand falling. I told her to drive my truck - I drove a Chevy truck at the time - to the entrance of the forest, and then walk up to the clearing.

After that, it was a waiting game. I set up a battery-powered radio, and inserted a CD.

About an hour after the phone call, I heard some rustling in the distance, then heard footsteps. Shortly thereafter, a figure appeared on a narrow forest dirt road. When I saw blue jeans, a grey leather coat and blond hair, I knew it was Nina.

When she came closer, I switched the CD player on, and soon the song 'Sweet Child Of Mine' by Guns N' Roses started playing softly. Nina's pace increased as she walked onto the clearing, and caught sight of me in the suit.

Nina then saw the picnic table, all set and ready, and the banner between the trees, and gasped as her jaw dropped. I quickly walked over to Nina, took her trembling hands into mine and kneeled in front of her, as I said, "Nina, I love you so much. I want to love you and be with you, all the days of my life. Nina, will you marry me?"

Nina gasped, and tried to speak in vain a few times, as her eyes watered. A few minutes later, she murmured, "Yes, yes, I will."

I rose up, and Nina pulled me into a long, passionate kiss. For over 10 minutes, we stood there kissing, before diving into the picnic.

****

Our parents were delighted when they learned of my proposal to Nina. Our wedding wasn't quite a 'shotgun wedding', but our parents, especially mine, were happy we were getting married, so our child would be born within wedlock.

Nina and I quickly started to discuss our wedding. Neither of us had ever wanted or intended to have a huge, posh and expensive wedding. We had always intended to keep it small and simple - both Nina and I absolutely hated 'glitter and glamour'. We discussed the date, and quickly decided the wedding was to be held fairly quickly, before Nina's pregnancy became too obvious. After consulting our families and meeting with the registrar at the town hall in Winter Haven, our wedding was set on March 25th, 2000. As Nina and I were both none-religious, we decided there would only be a short civil ceremony. I rented my brother's Italian restaurant in Winter Haven completely for the night of our wedding, and hired a friend to play music.

The next two months were at times quite busy, due to the preparations for our wedding. I was measured and ordered a new suit, whereas Nina had her mother's wedding dress slightly altered for her. We made sure all the necessary documents were in place, and all arrangements were made. We even took ten days off from work to have a honeymoon, and we arranged to travel to California. Last but not least we went to jeweler to have our weddings rings made. We choose a matching pair of simple gold rings with a small diamond and an emerald.

Nina's morning sickness continued for another month, before it slowly disappeared almost completely, only to resurface on occasion. Her other symptoms either disappeared or became minor nuisances. Overall, Nina felt very good, and she was quite proud to be carrying our child, once she got over the initial shock. Nina also saw her gynecologist and had her first ultrasound, which definitively confirmed her pregnancy, as well as confirming good growth and development of the embryo in her womb - the precious child of our love. The gynecologist also determined the 'age' of the embryo and calculated Nina's due date, which was set on September 22nd.

****

Times flies, as they say, and all too soon March 25th arrived. Because of tradition, I was not allowed to see Nina on the day before our wedding or spent the night with her. I stayed at my parent's residence in Winter Haven, and helped my brother with some preparations at his restaurant.

I hardly slept that night, as I was quite nervous. The following day, I would get married to the woman of my life, who was also expecting my child. I hadn't actually expected to be that anxious, but I was happy at the same time.

My best friend, Frank Logan, whom I had been friends with since middle school and who was to stand as my best man, helped me to my suit on just right, and my mother made sure I looked the best I could. My father drove me to the town hall, where the guests were already gathering.

The ceremony was set at 12.30 P.M., and finally five minutes before that time, Nina arrived, driven by her mother, who led her into the ceremonial hall of the Winter Haven town hall.

""We are here today, to celebrate the union in marriage of two people, Nina Catherine Booth and Alexander Giovanni Grimaldi," the major called out solemnly.

The major held a short talk about the institution and commitment of marriage, before addressing me and asking, "Do you, Alexander Giovanni Grimaldi, take Nina Catherine Booth to be your lawful wedded wife, to live together in marriage. Do you promise to love, comfort, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. And forsaking all others, be faithful only to her so long as you both shall live?"

"I do," I replied, as I looked Nina into the eyes.

""Do you, Nina Catherine Booth, take Alexander Giovanni Grimaldi to be your lawful wedded husband, to live together in marriage. Do you promise to love, comfort, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. And forsaking all others, be faithful only to her so long as you both shall live?" the major continued.

"I do," Nina said, smiling broadly.

The major recited the official wedding vows for me to repeat. I had made sure to know them by heart, and after the major had repeated them, I took Nina's hands, held onto them, and as I looked her into the eyes, I spoke, "I, Alexander, take Nina to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love, to honor, and to cherish, till death do us part."

When I had spoken my vows, Nina said her vows, "I, Nina, take Alexander to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love, to honor, and to cherish, till death do us part."

"Groom," the major said. "Repeat after me, as you exchange your rings, With this ring, I thee wed, and with it, I bestow upon thee all the treasures of my mind, heart, and hands."

Frank handed my Nina's ring. I took hold of her left hand, and as I slid the ring on her finger, I spoke, " With this ring, I thee wed, and with it, I bestow upon thee all the treasures of my mind, heart, and hands."

"Bride, repeat after me. With this ring, I thee wed, and with it, I bestow upon thee all the treasures of my mind, heart, and hands," the major continued.

Nina pulled my left hand closer to her, and slid my ring, handed to her by Alyssa, on my finger, as she spoke, " With this ring, I thee wed, and with it, I bestow upon thee all the treasures of my mind, heart, and hands."

The major smiled, and concluded the ceremony, as he spoke, "May the circle of your wedding rings remind you of your unending love and respect for each other. You have agreed to live together as husband and wife and have pledged your faith in one another by repeating these vows and exchanging rings. Now as you go through life together. May your love for each other be the center of your hearts and your home. By the authority vested in me by the state of Florida, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Congratulations!

Applause resounded through the hall, as Nina and eyes stepped closer to one another, our eyes locking together.

"You may kiss your bride," the major finally said, as I proceeded to do just that. Nina and I moved our heads closer together until our lips touched passionately, and our tongues softly and gently wrestling.

We left the town hall shortly thereafter, and drove to my brother's restaurant. Our wedding party was intentionally kept fairly small, although the restaurant was quite full with both our parents and some close friends of ours present.

Nina and I spent the first hours, the so called 'wedding reception', shaking hands, talking to people and being congratulated. As the reception ended and the guests were seated for the wedding dinner, Nina and I rose up and stepped onto a small, make-shift stage that was visible from all tables. Nina and I had, unknown to most guests besides our parents and siblings, arranged to make a set of private vows to one another, on top of our public vows. We got up on the stage and faced each other.

"Dear guests, Nina and I would like to say a few words, before we dive into our dinners," I said. "Nina, you are first to speak."

"Alexander, I love you and cherish you. You are an amazing person, and you have been so good to me. You take so well care of me, and you're a terrific lover, as well as a sweet and kind man and my soul mate. I cannot help but love you, and I will always love you. I promise to be the best wife I can, to love and honor you with all my mind, my body, my hands and my works. I am already carrying the fruit of our love, and I will protect and take care of our child while it is in my womb, and once it is born. I will blossom and possibly bear fruit in the future, whenever we will so choose and the possibility exists. I promise to do everything within my abilities to reach our common goals and to toil for our common endeavors. I love you, and I love our child."

All at once, Nina had announced her pregnancy to everyone, surprising even me. Our close family already knew, of course, but judging by the faces in the restaurant, not everyone had already been told or heard through the grapevine Nina was pregnant.

I looked Nina into the eyes, and spoke, "Nina, you are my love and my soul mate. You love me, cherish me and care for me. I promise to do the same for you, and to be the best husband I can be. I will built and share my life with you, and rejoice in our bond of love. I promise to protect you and take care of you, and of the child that is in your womb, and of any further children we may one day have. I will strive for our common mission, and I will support, honor and cherish you and the fruits of our love, everyday of our lives. I love you Nina, and I love the child you're carrying."

By then, my eyes were watering, and Nina - hormones, right? - was just plain crying, and I noticed some more people were sniffling or wiping their eyes, including both our mothers. Nina and I got off the stage and sat down for a delicious Italian dinner, prepared by my brother and his staff.

We spent most of that night eating and talking to various people, friends and family. We answered a myriad of questions, most of them about our relationship and Nina's pregnancy. Nina received some fairly mild criticism because she got pregnant before her wedding, but she was smart enough to answer to most of the criticism, and the majority of the people that spoke to us, were very happy for us.

A friend of mine played some music during the party, but there was limited space for dancing in the restaurant, allowing only two or three people to dance at once. Nina and I, however bad dancers we may be, did dance to 'Nothing else Matters'.

1...345678