All Comments on 'No Apologies'

by ThomX

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Amen my sybaritically minded brother!

Thom, people are idiots when they want things to be simple.

Religiosos that want to make judgements for God, Allah, are committing the most grievous sin of arrogance in knowing God's mind that they feel like lightening his load on the docket a little.

As you mentoned about your mother, she used her faith to be a good forgiving person in your adolescence.

It doesn't hurt that you're her son and likely to get a pass on anything up to first-degree murder, especially as a "misunderstood" kid "going through a phase".

Now, you're in your mid-thirties, and I can imagine the little light goes on in her head that you "should" be married and having kids, if you haven't already.

If you aren't, well, what the Hell are you up to there, son? Writing porn with disgusting incestuous themes?

What next? Goat sacrifices? How far have you strayed from the path of righteousness? (in her mind at least)

For most religiosos, there's no grey area or room for nuance, you're either good, righteous folks in the fold or in the howling wilderness outside.

To those folks, you have to say, "If you believe God's going to judge us all, let Him do the job and leave me be."

As to your mother expressing her concerns for your welfare, there I'd advise treading carefully.

Thank her for looking out for your welfare, but it's your life to live and it's not a committee decision where she gets a vote.

Personally, I'm all for your writing stories with incestuous themes, mother-son stories being my favorite flavor of fantasy, but write what YOU want.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I'm not Christian at all

But this is self righteous crap.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous