All Comments on 'No More Shyness'

by Barbarina

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
:)

This story touched me more than any story i've ever read. I'm not a virgin, but the only times i've slept with anyone was due to intoxication, and the intoxication was because of depression. I'm so shy too and it'd so hard to have no one to love me, sexually or emotionally. I'm depressed because i'm lonely and i'm,lonely because i'm to shy to form a relationship with anyone. I sort of wish I was outgoing enough to try internet dating, but i'm not quite there yet.

Anyways, I absolutely loved this story. I'd love to read a sequel where they actually meet. Great ! :)

blqliteblqliteover 10 years ago

At last an interracial story that is a lot more like "real life". Fact is with the exception of the "shyness" and virginity this was a lot like a real life experience I have had that resulted in a 8 year LTR with a white woman. Personally I am turned on by interracial sexual relationships but turned off by what appears in MOST of the stories written of them. The "chance" encounters that go from "it could happen" to suddenly the Black man is portrayed as a "foul mouthed", "jive" talking brutish neanderthal. He becomes an abusing assailant that has to "degrade" the woman by words and deeds. I realize that that might be someone's "kink" but I think it merely demonizes what in reality is far from the truth more often than not. So much is written as if it is a "rape fantasy" which I don't deny people have and I'm sure some people are fine with that. But I also think when I read some of it that it is a white male fantasy or perversion of what they would have very little knowledge of to begin with.

I like this story very much and I think the author did an above average job writing it. The sensitive and sensual side of a black man is and always have been alive and well and I'd wager that many women have gotten to know this first hand and that their encounter with a black man was more likely because of his conversation and listening abilities to begin with. Of course if there was a physical attraction that played a part in it but doesn't it always. When it became sexual it was probably already stirred up to a melting point. Certainly some people have a "racial preference" and for some it may have less to do with anything at all. However anyone involved in an interracial relationship or even just a tryst that doesn't make good use of the differences is not taking full advantage of the full possibilities. The contrast of skin and the "taboo" sense of it alone is highly erotic.

I'm sure every Black man hopes he can claim the physical stature of legend and yes many it can be very true, but if you let almost "every story teller" we are all tall muscular, VERY dark and HUGE... oh and for some reason there always seems to be a reference to having "brilliant white teeth"... like an auctioned thoroughbred horse is being described (or slave offered on the auction block for that matter).

Kudos to this other. More stories like this would be a pleasure to read. It took a long time to find this one. VERY WELL DONE!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous