Nuclear Response

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
radk
radk
1,364 Followers

I smiled and said, "Mrs. Pellegrino..."

"Anna. You are old enough now to call me Anna." She lightly stroked the side of my face as she spoke.

I smiled even wider and said, "Anna, I think I can go in now. Will you please escort me?"

She turned toward the door and put her hand through my arm and we walked arm in arm the few feet that seemed impossible to navigate just a few minutes ago. Once inside a man approached and told Anna they were ready to start.

Anna turned to me and kissed me on the cheek. "Please stay afterwards. I want to talk some more and I want you to meet Josh. He's a good kid. I think you'll really like him."

She smiled and pointed to the visitor's book as she quietly melted into the crowd.

I signed the book and took a seat near one of the exit doors. The lady next to me handed me a box of tissues and I helped myself to six or seven before setting it down. I took them just in case. After a few minutes everyone sat down and a young man approached the podium.

He said, "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for coming. We are here today to celebrate the life of Portus Emanuel Pellegrino. We all know about his death, how he suffered and died from that plague of modern times, AIDS, but what we want to celebrate today is how he lived, not how he died. He was the friendliest and most genuinely giving man I've ever met. He was real. He was kind. And he was down to earth. He was so down to earth that nobody knew him as Portus. We all knew him as Manny. Manny would give anybody anything..."

That's when I lost it. I grabbed the handful of tissues and put them to my face and cried.

radk
radk
1,364 Followers