All Comments on 'Photo Albums'

by sirsemega

Sort by:
  • 73 Comments
JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969almost 15 years ago
Nice one Sir.

Not the normal type of loving wife or romance story but very interesting all the same.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Like it

very interesting. something to think about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Very Good

Thanks for a very good read, in a long marriage we all have our moments, Thanks.

kelchakelchaalmost 15 years ago
Lucky Wife

Very enjoyable story. Just wanted to spank that selfish wife. She is so lucky that her boredom didn't lead to an affair which could destroy her marriage.

toesmantoesmanalmost 15 years ago
Well, ....

I sort of liked it, but it was rather strange. There was some mention of the first wife being "insane", I have to wonder if it's catching, because this second wife is not exactly playing w/ a full deck of cards.

apollonaapollonaalmost 15 years ago
Great

Very entertaining little tale. You seem to understand women a little better that most of the rest of us... Hehehe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Kids ! ! ! ! !

A lot of women feel that when their marriage is failing and suffering because the husband and wife do no get along, having a kid is the answer. WRONG... A kid never helps and most times hurts the relationship. The husband and wife should sit down and talk their problem out. It should not be up to one partner to decide the fate of three people.

sirsemegasirsemegaalmost 15 years agoAuthor
To Anon on "KIDS!"

I agree. When a marriage is in trouble throwing kids in the mix to "patch" things up is not the solution. I decided to have her do this because she is not a perfect person. She does have flaws. She will struggle, but she has turned a corner. I alluded to the fact that her father and mother were not the loving nurturing types like her husband was. She is afraid of failing like her parents did. But, she also sees her husband in a new light. He has the strength and growth to help her. Finally she is giving back to the relationship, in a most dramatic way. She also is giving her trust to her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Save yourself!!!

Wow, was this written by my second ex? The psycho bi-polar emasculating bitch from hell! Buddy, if this story is based on your relationship, my advice is...run...run like hell and don't stop running until you are far away from this life-sucking, self-obsessed cunt! And you might want to double up on your condoms. You don't want to take any chance of being tied to her for the rest of your life and it would also do the world a favour by preventing her from passing her DNA onto another generation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
babble

reading along, there was this internal conversation, with this confused woman. she goes from one end of the spectrum to the other. the boredom getting to her, being cared for ? i was hoping that 2d wife was on her way to becoming an ex, where 1st wife would not have the same attitude. she changes her mind, there are problems. the better ending was to get away from them and find that, he did not have to deal with the neurotic women. a chance to be happy with someone, and have another be happy with him, in toto.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Why is he with this loser of a woman?

Sorry I dont get into mentally ill issues very well. Think about the woman in Houston that drowned all of her children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
When thee gene pool you are fishing in is so

contaminated you need to find another gene pool to fish in.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 14 years ago
Good Job

I enjoyed your little sort of tongue in cheek story about the inner thoughts of one woman. Apparently the anon Andys and the hat Nazis don't realize what a fresh look at a couple this is. In their world it's torch the bitch or revenge.

The hell with them, I liked your little mental byplay and think it was very inventive and fresh. Thanks for your hard work.

norcal62norcal62almost 14 years ago
Nice story line. Hard to see wifey changing her stripes though.

I enjoyed the flow of thoughts from herself then finally to others. I have a problem accepting the use of having babies to strengthen a marriage. Instead they stress a relationship. Too many LW authors use the last two or three paragraphs of a story to say how now the couple will have a new baby and all will be well. This must come from a certain religious heritage. I do not buy into that reasoning. Sure it will tie the couple together with obligations, if they accept them, but not necessarily into a closer, loving relationship.

DanieIQSteele1DanieIQSteele1over 13 years ago
I loved it

everything is because of need, children binds couple, sure, depends on what is definition of love for you, what marriage means to you some obligation than children would be only sole reason for you to stay together. People fall in love, fall out of love, they may fall in love with same person again but there should be something to bind, something to give them enough time to fall in again. So in my opinion kids makes the marriage strong, to give you last chance to think what you might loose, at one point it would be obligation but if you try it will be be again same as it was before. In some society(as norcal62 mentioned) where people first marry and then love, have stronger marriages and lesser broken homes for kids (lesser divorce rate) compared to those who have love as sole reason for being married (the moment you fall out of love you see lawyer) which is called freedom in those society.

I am not in disagreement with any society but, separation when you fall out of love, without even trying? even animals live together until their kids are old enough. A lioness never have any relation with any other lion til her kids are matured or killed (that is what other lion do before having relationship with her), aren't we social animal?

Love is about giving, sharing, accepting, trying again and again, ensuring. If your love is hurting someone then this is not love, its greed. You can do whatever you want, but dont demean word love by saying that you fell in love with someone other than your spouse, the moment you allowed it you were cheater. And any relation based on that is just another lie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
D I Q S 1

the person who commented as DanielQSteele1 is NOT DQS1, he is a fake person trying to impersonate the real DQS1. click on his profile and you can see it's Danie I Qsteele1.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Cute & Original

So I gave it 5*****s.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
I liked the arch

However, I'm not sure I like the self referential exposition style you adapted. (I made that term up, btw, so blame me for not knowing the correct term)

Still, I read it to the end and enjoyed it, even if it was a harder slog to get through then some of your other work.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
I Enjoyed!!!!

This very interesting and entertaining story. I bet there is a lot of that going around!! Thanks for sharing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Well

I would say Jason's wife needs serious help. Maybe six months in the looney bin would work.

Maybe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Seen this very thing happen with my parents

Haven't been able to hold down a relationship for very long myself (long story involving a mentally ill mother), but my old man's second wife and he are 60 now and for the last 10 - 15 years they've just coexisted. Sad really. They used to be so in love when I was a kid, but she never wanted to work for the dreams they both shared and eventually he just stopped caring about achieving them as well. From there came resentment and indifference. Basically this silly woman almost allowed herself to walk that path.

sugnasugnaabout 11 years ago
If only...

Human nature sucks. We become accustomed to what we have and start to take it for granted. One of the hardest lessons we learn in life, is not to take our gifts for granted. The only way to learn that lesson is to lose something you love, or at least come damn close to losing it. After that, if you are smart you learn to take a little time every so often to remind yourself of your blessings and be grateful and protective of them. Excellent story, much more than the average tale of a twisted wife run amok.

TheGrimReaper81TheGrimReaper81almost 11 years ago
@ betrayedbylove

Not necessarily so, though I would agree... this woman HAS GOT issues... but in this particular case, she simply feels 'useless', that is what is wrong with her...

7 year marriage crisis? Possibly, though I would say that if she feels 'bored' with her life, then she should probably look at what she also brings into her relationship herself...

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

She thought about her life, really thought about it. She did not limit herself to her pussy but used her brain. This was the man she really loved and wanted children with. He was everything she wanted and needed. She wanted to make babies with the man she lived.

Works for me.

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Liked it.

There is a DQS or a pseudo DQS comment. Also a Can't Buy My, and a another legitimate LW commenter or two. I'd like to add that kids can be critical to a happy marriage. I have a wife who, in spite of the pain of childbirth, loved getting pregnant and making babies. She loved nursing, nurturing, planning, and managing the house and family. I'll tell you she ran, runs, a tight ship. We never had any money, vacations were short trips to the beach or the Appalachians. Christmas for several years was one gift a kid. What I remember best is some kid on my lap listening to me read a story, helping to tuck to them in at night, watching family TV, taking up a whole pew in church, fretting over a cough, or sweating out a trip to the hospital. Six times I got the 'here's our newest daughter or son' when my wife handed me a cloth bundle at the hospital. Now that's a loving wife story, and that's what I call happiness. So the wife in this story wanted to give her husband a baby. There's nothing wrong with that. That automatically makes this tale a five.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
The very best POV story I've ever read!

Wow the most amazingly insightful POV story in LW!!

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
mind games anybody?

In my opinion, the husband was smart enough to realize that his relationship with his second wife was headed off the same precipice as his first marriage did, Smartly, he intercepts her with those messages from his first wife. Were they real or did he fake them?

Plus getting out the photo albums from the first marriage while evidently neglecting the albums of the second marriage? This home is kept so neat and tidy except for the dust on the second marriage albums? How hard would it be to blow dust onto something you want to appear neglected?

The more I think about this story, the more admiration I have for sirsemega's writing skills. To have achieved the perfect mystery, when none of the readers could see how they were being manipulated!

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Annoying Thoughtful Story

Thoughtful view of a marriage starting to fall apart due to indifference. Neat way to remind them/her? of what they mean to each other. Annoying because it then compresses time so rapidly; total boredom and disdain to "having your baby" in two hours? On a coin flip 5*, its not 5* but its better than 4*, benefit of the doubt to author. Well done, a little longer with more development would have been better.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
IN EACH AND EVERY RELATIONSHIP

there has to be a division 60-40 for each and allow for give and take which allows for a 20% leeway for both and when it becomes dire that makes the 20% doubled. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Delightful!

Perhaps a trifle short, but still quite good. The wife was smart enough to really think before dumping her loving hubby. Yeah! However, a nitpick: "looser" is the opposite of tighter; "loser" is the opposite of winner. Else, pat yourself on the back.

Thanks for writing and sharing this story!

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Dread

Well written and interesting from the wife's point of view. Unfortunately, she really did not seem to be all that loving. She seemed to be a selfish woman with lot's of internal problems. Things do not bode well for Jason's future with an unstable wife and future mother.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Almost

Lucky for her, she did what his ex wife never did. She stopped for a few small moments, and looked at herself, and at what she stood to lose. If only everyone would stop at THAT moment, and THINK, for just a couple of minutes about the consequences....

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Also @ TMSPTGR3

You said; "From total boredom and disdain to 'Having your baby' in two hours?"

She's a woman! They can go from wanting to murder you and bury you in the garden, to wanting to marry you in 30 seconds flat! Such is the emotional tightrope a man walks!

Also,

I wonder did the husband leave his email open on purpose, as a reminder to his wife of what happened to his ex? Perhaps he felt that she needed a hint that she was becoming distant, and that he had options? Who knows, but a good story either way!

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 9 years ago
Really Enjoyed the Different Perspective

An interesting, thoughtful story.

Thanks for the good read.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Good story about an individual who

placed herself first in her life, but luckily she was married to a man who also placed her first in his life and through his love and perception redirected her focus before she drove off a cliff. Well done, thanks for sharing your talent.

Ntropy586Ntropy586almost 9 years ago
The word you're trying to use is...

"Losing".

"Looser" means "less tight than."

Loosing is a verb that means to release something from a tethered or confined state.

There is only one 'o' in lose, loser, losing. Not knowing that took your story from pretty decent to a hack-job in one go.

virtualatheistvirtualatheistalmost 8 years ago
It would seem that...

Some commenters can't tell the difference between stream of consciousness and insane ramblings.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

I am so tired of being late to the table.

I agree that having kids to "liven the marriage" is a big mistake.

But, I did not get that here. The kids were something discussed and sounds like it is a good enough decision to revisit the discussion.

As for her being a loser or mentally ill? WTF are some of you thinking.

It is extremely normal to do a self evaluation and mental inventory, and it is an excellent character trait that can recognize flaws and see one heading down a path of destruction and "see the light".

I think this was well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
thank you

For taking us on her self-reflection journey. Socrates would be proud of her!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautiful Story

As a man I feel that you have grasped the inner functioning of the female mind,

LVGirlLVGirlabout 7 years ago
Wonderful

This is a truly beautiful story. How did the song go? "You don't know what you've got till its gone." In her case she found it before it was too late.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

the fuck was this shit?

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 6 years ago
Stream of Consciousness

I didn’t like stream of consciousness (first person PoV - narrator’s thought process) when I first read James Joyce, and I still don’t. It is painful to read.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Re-read this tale

I read my first comment and I see it differently now. This poor girl had too much time on her hands and she put herself in a dilemma of her own making. She went from boredom to hate to jealous to curious and to love again. Now there's a happily ever after. All in one flash tale. How 'bout that!

Five Stars

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Nice

Another nice story. I Love these different little stories. They Are all so good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Interesting change

Definitely different and creative. Small point: Authors need to learn the difference between "loose" and "lose". It's an error that crops up a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Unique

...and original. Short but twisty. I liked it. 4*

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Again

Understand the story better this second time. That's a lot of meaning in a few words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This One Figured It Out

Before it was too late, that's refreshing. Oh, and Happy New Year to them. Signed: BTW

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Wow, just wow

This was truly an interesting story, she figured it out before it got even started. I salute you for this interesting take.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Oh, don't it always seem to go

That you don't know what you've got till it's gone

Good story, appropriate to any relationship.

If you aren't helping it grow, you're helping it die.

Bh76Bh76almost 4 years ago

Nice. Good job.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again, just a really good story that is full of truth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thoughts

I read this and wonder how many times women have these thoughts and then just in time realize how much they truly have.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Advice

The best advice I can give to all my fellow men is " Don't fucking get married!!! Don't be stupid!!! "

MeredithXMeredithXabout 3 years ago

"Loser" ... "losing."

Those are to cancel out "looser" and "loosing."

Proofread the shit. Jesus.

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

Jesus the dialogue was hard to follow, and I think that was intentional. I wonder if thats how a crazy woman mind really works? Fuck you cant live with them and you cant drop them in a watery trap filled with sharks with fricking laser beams attached to there heads.

sdthundersdthunderover 2 years ago

You must have been talking to my ex-wife!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
That attitude

Is mirrored in almost all the women I know. The world we live in, I suppose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Yep. This is your average woman. As George Carlin once said” women are crazy, and men are stupid. And the reason women are crazy, is because men are stupid” I am not gonna argue that.

MarrttyMarrttyover 1 year ago

7 year itch glad she pulled out of it with out cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too much of a shit of a story. Within perhaps an hour or so- the time frame’s non existent- she goes from thinking he’s boring & not worth staying with to her realizing she’s the problem. And it’d be resolved by having children? 1 star. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a psychotic, hormonal mess she is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked the insights. Wonder if I’ve felt the same way at times.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wow. Total mental chaos. She has issues.

usaretusaret8 months ago

Found it boring.

Starwolf1961Starwolf19618 months ago

Nicely constructed "stream of consciousness" story. Maybe it's not to late for her after all. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of women didn't go through this and come to the wrong conclusion, thus LW stories. Ha Ha! KUDOS!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Is it any wonder she's bored? She's been laying on her ass for seven years probably watching The View and Lucy reruns. It's a miracle Jason hasn't gotten out the chainsaw yet to do some trimming of deadwood. 1 star for both her and Jason 5 stars for an intriguingly put together story. Got to love originally written stories!

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Woman had her epiphany.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594197 months ago

Different but on the good side?¿?

MasterKoteMasterKote7 months ago

Too bad the cheaters don't think about this B4 they cheat

clarkgarbleclarkgarble6 months ago

A little too defensive, male insecurity-wise

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous