Pure Moonlight Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"My alpha," Caitlin cried, "I never-"

"Silence," he growled, "I have had enough treachery this day. You will be jailed in the dungeon cells, away from your conspirators. And you had best start praying to Luna for mercy, for I will show you none!"

He marched away from the gardens, his chest heaving with the cataclysm of emotions threatening to destroy him.

Keith looked down at Caitlin, his eyes glowing red. "Tut, tut" he said quietly. His red gaze hardened as her screams pierced the night.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Ally was laying in the pallet with Kate, her sobs that had echoed off the cold and dark walls were gone. Kate was holding her close sand rocking them gently, trying to figure a way out of this.

"Keith came to me while you were sleeping," Ally told her quietly, "He told me to say some special phrase and it will make Zac stop treating us like this."

Kate stopped rocking for a second, "What were these words?" she whispered.

"I will not say them unless I have to. I don't even know their full meaning but even I know they are powerful."

Kate nodded, suspecting she knew what those words were. "What are we going to do?" she asked.

"We are going to get out of here and as far away as possible, and then you are going to tell me everything."

"What are you talking about-"

"Don't give me that, Kate! You and I both saw what we saw, and yet I was the only one surprised. You knew. You knew what he was... is."

Kate sighed, "Yes," she agreed quietly, "I knew. I didn't want to have to tell you the Secret, especially not this way, but the fates have made it so" she sighed, "I wasn't surprised because... I am what he is. Everyone here is."

"And what is that?"

"You know already. I know you well enough to know that you have figured it out."

"I still want you to say it; I want to know I'm not going crazy."

"You would call us Werewolves," she replied quietly, ignoring the gasp from her friend, "We are therianthropic; lycanthropes particularly. You have stumbled head first through the rabbit hole and the world will never be the same again. For that, I am sorry."

"My boyfriend is... a werewolf. Doesn't this normally happen in movies or those prank shows?"

"Ally, legends are always made from seeds of truth lost in time. We have stayed mostly hidden for a reason; most humans have never been able to accept the truth that they are not at the top of every food chain."

The friends were silent for a long time. Kate sat up a little straighter, sniffing the air, "Are you ready for round two?" she asked nervously, "Because he comes again, and he is pissed."

Ally and Kate stood up, watching the door, trying to hide their nervousness. The door was wrenched open and her old beau opened stormed in.

"Out," he ordered the two guards quietly. They hesitated, seeing the murder in his eyes.

"OUT!" He roared at them, the Alpha's timbre appearing to force them to obey.

The two betas scampered, throwing apologetic looks to the two girls in the cage.

"Temper temper, Alpha," tutted Kate quietly, "You are meant to have more control than this."

Zac ignored her, his eyes on his wary mate. She refused to look him in the eye. Despite the ache in his chest and everything going on, he felt compelled to lock her up in his embrace and brush away her tears. He wanted to kiss her and... he roared in frustration, causing her to flinch.

"What have you done to me?" he asked her furiously, "You cannot be my mate- you must have tricked me somehow. How? How do I stop it?"

Ally looked at him for the first time since he entered the room. His hair was a mess. There were deep, dark circles under his crazed, once hypnotising eyes. She stepped up to the bars and put her hand out to him, resting her cool hand on his warm cheek, "I have done nothing to you, Zac. I have loved and cared for you since I woke up in your bedroom after you saved me. A part of me still loves you, despite all you have done. It is not too late, my love. Let us go and we can talk about this."

Zac felt his eyes grow weak, he wanted nothing that to hold her in his arms. He reached for the keys. A low hiss echoed through the room, suddenly, he blinked and came to. He roared at her and pushed her through the bars and away from him.

She flew backwards and was caught by Kate.

"Enough tricks! Tell me what I want to know! Tell me how to stop this CURSE!"

"You want to know how to stop it? Fine! I will stop it," she said dangerously, stepping out of her friends arms.

"I abjure you," she said, stalking towards the bars. Her voice grew louder as power built in the room, "By Luna's hand we were tied and by my own I cut it. I abjure you.I refuse to share my spirit and my heart with the unworthy. I abjure you.I see you no longer, I hear not your cries and calls. Be gone from me and mine." she reached the bars, her eyes cold, "By Luna's witness,I ABJURE YOU!"

Zac's wolf howled as their connection was broken. For the second time that night, it broke free of his skin, howled loudly and raced away from the woman who had captured their heart.

The power that had built up in the room left with him. The ache in her chest was replaced by a sickening hollow feeling that was much worse. Ally collapsed to her knees, sobbing uncontrollably, "What have I done?" she wailed.

Kate rushed over and consoled her, "You did what you had to."

Keith entered the room, the prison keys in his hand, "Let's go before he comes back," he said, "Bart is waiting with a car- you need to get as far from here as possible."

He followed them out into the darkened night. No one saw the evil smile that graced his lips and the red glint captured in his eyes.

Bart handed over the keys to Kate and giving her directions as Ally strapped herself into the passenger seat.

Keith leaned over the window, "I promise I will see you soon," he he promised her with a smile. Ally could only nod and stare straight ahead.

They drove into the night, the car silent apart from Ally's quiet sobs. She curled up in the seat, hugging her knees to her chest, trying to fill the gaping hole in her chest.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Keith neared the compound, his pace never faltering. He could see the lights across the main house and scented out his Alpha; almost knowing where he would be. He raced passed confused sentries, who recognised the beta, but hadn't seen him leave the manor.

 

~~~

 

Zac forced his human form back as he paced his room, feeling the same pain as Ally. His eyes burned and his wolf howled. He had asked for this. Guilt swept through him at forcing her hand.

The words she had used were sacred to lycanthropes. Taught to each generation through written word, they were never uttered aloud for the power they held. He knew of only twice the words had been said; and neither had been in his pack. Those words could not have worked on a spell connection. They could only break a true mating bond created by Luna herself.

And that means,Zac thought to himself,she really was my mate.His knees buckled and the hollow ache in his chest grew worse. "She was my mate. And I have ruined it!" he covered his face in his hands.

There was a knock at the door, which he ignored. The knocker grew louder. "Go away," he said menacingly.

The door burst open and Caitlin threw herself at his feet. She had scratches on her almost naked body and a pair of their special Were cuffs dangled from one wrist.

"My Alpha, you must listen to me! The man you think is Keith isn't... Keith!!! It is an impostor. I don't know who is he is, but he means us all harm! We have been betrayed!"

Zac's head grew clouded, "What are you talking about? Keith returned to us from the Braanan manor after being held captive."

"It was a lie told by an evil creature, My Alpha."

"How do you know? Where is your proof?" he asked, his arms across his chest. He was tired of looking at her and wanted to be alone, but he couldn't bear the thought of more treachery he had missed.

"I... have no proof but my word, and I swear it to Luna! Ask him a question only therealKeith would know!" she suggested desperately.

"What is going on here?" asked Keith from the doorway. His gaze hard as he took in the woman cowering on the floor, "I am sorry, My Alpha. I had locked her away as you ordered. Clearly I did not punish herenough."

Zac looked hard at his best friend, "She was just telling me an interesting story, my friend."

"Did she now," asked Keith lightly, his eyes never leaving her, "and what was this fabulous tale she spun?"

"She seems to think that you are not who you say you are," he replied watching the other man carefully.

Keith broke out into a smile, and look ed at the Alpha, "That is absurd, I am your best friend! Surelyyouwould know me!"

"It is black magic, My Alpha. He deceives you; he lies!" cried Caitlin.

"Zac," said Keith, still smiling, "Do you remember, our 14th birthday, when we found our way into that cave. You stole your Father's ceremonial knife?"

Zac smiled, "We became blood brothers under Luna's watchful eye. We were alone and told no one." He held out his arm to show the scar.

Keith rolled up his sleeve to show the matching scar. The men turned to the woman cowering on the floor.

A four-legged blur burst into the room, phasing into a man as he tackled Keith to the ground, "Those are my memories and my body you stole!" he growled dangerously.

Zac froze at the sight of two of his best friends, "What-" he asked.

The Keith underneath laughed maliciously as his eyes turned blood red, "Stupid mortals; so easy to fool," he hissed.

Keith lifted him up slightly before smashing his head on the floor, "What do you want with my Alpha?" he roared.

"With yourpatheticAlpha? Nothing," he said with an malevolent smile.

"Then who?" asked Keith confusedly.

Zac's mind whirled and clicked. He groaned and fell to his knees, "ALLY," he cried.

The red eyed Keith vanished into a cloud of black smoke, his laughs echoing around the room, "You are too late, pathetic mortals!"

~~~

12