Pushing Boundaries Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ArtForm
ArtForm
1,148 Followers

Eian frowned. "Explain."

"They were allowed to breed freely because of their extremely high death rate. Most of them work independent of the Council although I'm not sure to what extent. Records were probably not kept up to date because they never live more than a century and the secrecy of their missions probably meant that not all births and deaths were recorded."

"So you're saying that this Riley may or may not exist?" Eian didn't like that.

"Yes."

Eian tried not to look too disappointed. "Anything else?"

"Well, there is one thing I thought strange," said Mike. "Erika tells me that Riley eats and drinks. If he is a Vampire, surely that isn't necessary right? And since his home address is a mail box, where does he keep his blood supply?"

"Geez. That's great Mike!" said Alaron, clapping his hand. "I don't think there are any Eos in the Pureblood families here are there?" he asked Draven excitedly.

His elder brother shook his head slowly. "A Pureblood could go for months without blood but if he's not..."

"He's been in California for less than six months. We talked to the law firm manager," added Mike. "But what if he's human? And this whole Vampire thing is just to put us off?"

"He should have a scent if he's human Mike..." said Eian. "We have to assume him a Vampire and a dangerous one. I'm not taking anymore chances..."

When the knock came on the front door, everyone went silent.

***

When his eyes rested on the slender frame of his daughter, Eian felt the worst of his worries ebb away.

"Daddy..." Keona gave a hesitant run before jumping into his arms; cold exterior and false pretenses pushed aside. She was sunshine when she was with him and for that moment, she wanted to feel safe; as safe as she could be in her father's embrace. The gentle tug in her heart reminded her that she wasn't just a Vampire, bound to the rules of her mother's kind --but she was also a Were...

And Pack is one. Always.

ArtForm
ArtForm
1,148 Followers