All Comments on 'Reunion'

by brain_damage

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Bull

Always female troubles--the mans fault.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Nice one

Good story! I don't know what the other person read, but in this story the blame is truly shared,

ohioohioover 14 years ago
well done

A serious, sensitive and well-written story. Thanks--ohio

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 14 years ago
Why didn't his wife insist that he go with her

She knew that his old girlfriend was out after him, and there were going to be a lot of drinking going on, but she just left him there to be attacked by the girl that was hot after him. She should have taken him with her or stayed with him to protect him from this cougar that was stalking him. Then to get all bent out of shape because he done something she has already done herself just shows how selfish she really is

anothermarrieddudeanothermarrieddudeover 14 years ago
A very nice and different approach

It's hard to bring a different spin on these stories, but you managed to do so. I like the manner in which you at least delved into the age-old question of "to confess or not to confess". I enjoy it more when the guy can be without fault, but then that's not all that realistic, so we have to have this kind on occasion, don't we?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Interesting but why is he feelings so bad?

Well written story but some obvious plot holes. Interesting enough that she cheated first and hold him in double jeopardy because of her short-comings? Major disagreement on why he is held to a different standard - at least he used a condom. Nope, it is really hard to feel any empathy for this cheating skank. Honestly, they would be better off divorced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
They should part as friends!

The fact is they each didn't love the other enough not to cheat. They should think about getting on with their separate lives by going their separate ways. They each have the opportunity start over by escaping a broken marriage. This reconcilliation scenario seems awfully forced. She says she doesn't trust him. He has to live with the fact that when times got tough, she turned to someone else for comfort. Her boyfriend and his girlfriend will both be back in the picture down the road as this marriage slowly and steadily crumbles. If they divorced now they could each salvage some dignity and self respect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Did not like this one - both characters are pathetic and do not even make good friends. Basically, they indeed are damaged goods because no one else would put up their pathetic personalities.

Good try author, but there is absolutely nothing likable about either of these trailer-trash characters. In hindsight, no one else would want them, they are probably stuck with each other. The wimp husband has no balls what so ever and the slut wife is moronic example even on a good day. Unfortunately, they did kill each other - now that would be a "great ending". Sorry, author - this on really sucks!

YornHYornHabout 14 years ago
Tit for Tat

They are both damaged goods - neither one had a good excuse for committing adultery.

One good point may be that, in both cases, it was not a question of emotional cheating, i.e. not falling in love with somebody else and - very importantly - in both cases a one-time occurrence.

Personally, I think the marriage has suffered a heavy blow that will never go away. It will surface from time to time - if not outright, then in their own minds.

A truly loving relationship can survive this but it will never just go away.

Permanent damage.

Then again, we humans are far from perfect but with a combination of love, friendship and understanding, this can be overcome. - Just unfortunate that those qualities are so hard to find.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
Not equal

I liked the story but I have a problem with the premise that underlies it. The author, through Pam, declares the action they took as essentially equal. If you look at the surface only they both had sex outside their marriage. However, there is a major difference in the underlying process. Dan got drunk, ran into a sexy woman who had some unfinished business with him, and she aggressively pursued him. Yes, he was a dope. Pam on the other hand had alienated herself from her whole family even though her husband was making a huge effort to support her and stay connected to her. She rejects all his efforts and very deliberately hooks up with another man. She wasn't drunk (when she decided to take the day off to be with him). She also built an emotional connection with this guy (she needed it to overcome her problems) while Dan was just getting a quickie. Pam has the excuse of psychological problems. However, she is still responsible for her actions and her choice not to tell Dan what happened was self serving, cowardly, and dishonest. It was a way to avoid taking responsibility for her actions. Several stories have used this mechanism, counselor working through the problem and the person deciding not to tell their spouse about the affair. The problem always is that you are now building the future relationship on a dishonest foundation. That is pretty bad. I suppose counselors could support this but I consider relationships based on false or missing information to be frauds. If I can lie to my spouse about something so important I can lie to them about all sorts of other stuff as well. I recognize that my belief in painful honesty is not shared by all but it tilts the story for me into Dan's favor. They could still decide to reconcile but it seems to me they should have had to work a lot harder at it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Adding to what Jasonnh had to say

Looking further, You see Pam lets the guy Bruce cum inside her and even delights in the fact that she felt it in her all night while interacting with her husband and kids before smiling when she sees where it has leaked out of her onto her panties. She then confesses that she "hid the evidence" of her actions. Yes Dan cheated to fuel his ego, which is a dick move in itself and more than likely he would have lied or hid the fact from his wife, but the key with him is he used a condom. He was was concerned about safe sex.

Then to top it off she's lost all respect for him? WTF? She lets the other guy cum in her and liked it after all the time her husband spent trying to help her, and she has the audacity to lose respect for him? Fuck that!

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
While I don't think either had a valid excuse for their infidelity....

I think the wife is worse because she did it without excessive alcohol and even let the man cum inside her. She relished going home with another man's cum in her. He at least used a condom. He should have been the one worried about catching an STD from her. Also, after seeing a therapist, she had reached the point where she felt no guilt at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Another boring slut wife & wimp husband.

Hey "shoe-no-balls" - why is your skank wife like this despicable slut wife?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wifes a selfish shrew and the husband is the victim here

Her sins are ten times the husbands, she willingly threw herself at bruce, she took his cum in het and felt it all night long,

Hubby got a five minute fuck with and old hag with saggy tits

She kept it secret for twelve years without guilt

He was discovered mid fuck

She's a bitch and he'd be better off divorcing her cheating ass. Or perhaps killing her and dump the body in an unmarked grave.

Either way a depressing story about two fucked up people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Get a Life

All you critics the story was about human failings on both their parts. It wasn't about judging who was a slut or a wimp. If you don't like the story just click the button. GET A LIFE it's just a story which I thought was great and from one of the best authors on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
the major wannabe cucks

are disappointed that the husband was a cuck for 12 years and didn't know. huecuck, Random, poopchoot, ped0, cuckeye love the cucking but need the humiliation so him knowing would spice up their little fantasies - read, spank, comment

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wataboutme??? x_JohnCuck_x feels

left out!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
time does not matter

the fact it is not found out for a long time does not mean it goes away. hell if he had divorced her when it happened, not knowing for a long time does not mean she does not get a divorce.

the same goes for him, unless she had cut him off and left him with nothing.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 12 years ago
Her response to him was unacceptable

29 years does not matter...she had 12 years to file away her infidelity, so the impact to her was minimal. As soon as she read his letter, she should have recanted her assertions and forgiven him. She put him through hell. I don't think she ever realized the hell she put him through. Guys suffer silently and never get a payback for the sadness they must absorb.

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
again its a girl story

If this authors a man im a monkeys uncle, its all his fault waaa waaaa so far none of the stories are any where near far or realistic,but maybe she will get it right in her next marriage?

MerlHaggertMerlHaggertalmost 11 years ago
I liked it

I liked it. Fuck off monk, who gives a shit if its a female writer or male writer a good story is a good story. Well played

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
well merl

I re-read the story and i stand by my statement, but I'll add this the male character does not come across as a male in pain.. just bland and a jerk(dislike all cheaters), but she sounds like a common woman "Dan has been loving and patient with me this whole time. He tried every way he knew to help me, but I wouldn't listen. I wouldn't believe him. I can't believe I had to validate my own self worth by cheating on my husband. ". when it comes to cheating men most often do it, 90% of the time for sex..she(lady to fuck) is there and so is his penis/brain and bam..women validate, hence they fuck in the home as a insult to their husband or significant other, and this author slants towards giving all females a reason to be common and men cant seem to walk away, and a lot of extras support for the cheater(saying life sucks to not to be with the cheating mate?) in a lot of brains stories. So when a story is well written and chick slanted i wonder..hmm, and brain's stories feel written by a woman, and either that makes it extra good because he is a he or not, so in an open forum i am allowed my opinion. PS merl u jerk :P never said it was not well written.I also see them getting divorced.. they are cheaters, hence the better luck comment.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Bullshit. It's only a matter of time. A divorce will happen. And it won't be pretty.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well...

this is why my wife nor I go to high school reunions...There is no way my wife would let me attend alone... Her, I have been trying to get her to go to hers...she has too many secrets she thinks may come to the surface..

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
2+2=4.75

2 Cheaters plus 12 years of deception * 1 pained but loyal husband / 1self righteous woman = a very fucked period in a relationship - No simple sum here.

Both were seriously flawed and both let their guard and there ethics and integiry s;lip and break completely - if we accept (and there really is no choice but to do that) that the people are as good as they are portrayed outside their single fuck ups - then there is likely a chance to make it out the other side - neither one of them is worthy of the other - if they were truly who they wanted to be BUT neither was so they deserve each other just fine - flawed real life humans who have to get past each others failures -

Nice one -

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 10 years ago
wonderful story

very insightful. A very rare depth of story is exhibited. I would love new stories from this author.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
A good story...

A good story that get along with deep feelings: love, respect, trust...Glad they solved their problems...

ohyessssssohyessssssover 9 years ago
typical of your stories

I haven't read one yet where the guy she cheated with wasn't atleast two inches longer and much thicker. She gets a whole afternoon in bed but she interrupts him after an hour. You sir have equality problems. Your women,essentially, shit all over their husbands , but get welcomed back with open arms. These people wouldn't know what love and respect were if it came up and slapped them in the face. Two stars.

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
I was curious, but not anymore

Your writing explained your pen name perfectly. Its not just a name, it's a requirement for liking it!

sinsational83sinsational83almost 8 years ago
NICE !!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty damn good story. I really liked the outcome. 5 stars for your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Skanks

They both deserve each other

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
equal time

Females are not the only gender that goes through hormonal changes and have to deal with the psychological effects. Hypocritical how females embrace those changes as a valid excuse for adultery. They absolve themselves and each other of any blame and their husbands are vilified if they are unwilling to forgive. Females even rationalize their infidelity and justify it by calling the behavior EMPTY NEST SYNDROME. When males do the exact same thing for the exact same reason, they are mocked and are defined as going through CRISIS.

Most telling is how the wife had absolved herself of all guilt and had even forgot about her cheating. While neither is blameless, the husband's was a spontaneous slip, the wife's was thought out and planned and executed during a time when she had excluded her husband from her life and refused his help. The wife is a hypocrite with no justification for being angry. The husband has no reason to feel guilty as all he did was balance the scales

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 7 years ago
Okay, normally I don't like stories where both parties have cheated, but...

I think this one was done very well.The fact that the two incidents were so far apart probably took some of the sting out of it. The only flaw I saw in the entire story was the lack of motivation for him to cheat. It just seemed like he fell under her spell way too easily. Still, it was not enough to detract from the story.

I gave it 5 stars.

266xxyz266xxyzabout 7 years ago
Liked it a lot!

My only issue with the story is that he used a rubber with Rhonda and went thru the STD thing while she took on Bruce bareback and didn't get checked for STDs. That bothers me. On the other hand if LTW gave it a 5* rating, considering his talent, I will too. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What a Mismatched Pair

A fool and her honey are soon departed, in this case should be divorced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@laptopwriter

You mention his lack of motivation....tell me what was her motivation...or her lover's...

Even 12 years later if I was husband I would let her lover's wife know!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
unbalanced

According to story timeline-30 to 40 minutes-husband hardly had time before interuption. Wife had over 3 hours of great uninterrupted sex.

Since her lover pushed for sex, his wife should be told.

Considering contents of her letter, not sure I would have stayed

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@laptopwriter

So you do not believe in balancing scales, though not what this story was about.

Husband's motivation-had hots for girl in high school and she had been viscious to him. Can see where he might want to give her tumble of her life then cast her away

billtheduckbilltheduckalmost 6 years ago
reunions: threat or menace?

If there is one thing LW has taught me, it's that there is no greater threat to a marriage than a reunion or a backyard barbecue.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Not.my favorite

I don't particularly like this one. Everything just ended too easily. She would not have told him if he hadn't been caught. Twelve years of lies.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
After that lost all respect shot in her letter....

And the I don't forgive you, D I V O R C E. !!!

She ain't worthy, hypocritical biotch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What

What story did oldbearswitch read?.In the story I read Dan is the hypercrite.He expects forgiveness but won't forgive his wife,what an arsehole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Out of Sync

I found it interesting how out of sync Pam and Dan’s offenses are. Pam had 12 years and the help of a therapist to help her reconcile her actions. She admitted that she no longer thought of it. It comes off as Pam’s offense didn’t happen in her mind.

Dan had to deal with his own offense and Pam’s 12 years earlier. That is a lot to ask of anyone. Dan kind of gives Pam a pass with his “But when I calmed down, I realized that you were sick. You weren't the Pam I knew and loved all those years. I wish you'd told me 12 years ago, but I understand why you didn't.” I don’t think she was so “sick” that it warranted her to cheat.

I think in the end they should have stayed together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not meant to be equal

Of course the offenses aren’t balanced evenly. That would be the most unrealistic thing of all. There’s not much parity in life. Their difficulties in dealing with the inequities of their sins are a large part of what makes this such a fine story.

stevetishstevetishalmost 4 years ago
What a Bitch!

Can’t forgive him, lost respect, don’t trust? After what she did? Give me a break, he should have got back into his car and left right after he finished reading her letter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Three stars. Author has a little too much voice. Too much minor, inconsequential detail in one spot, missing minor necessary details in elsewhere.

Unrealistic on-the-nose dialog: "She's in room 311". That was far too obvious. I like that she found out what room Rhonda was in, but the information cost her nothing and she didn't have to work to get it. The information was just randomly given to her. It would have been nice if it had happened more organically, or at least realistically. Nearly all the dialog in the latter half of the story is far too on-the-nose.

All of the affair information is recounted twice, although it feels like a lot more than that.

Punctuation issues.

"I had myself tested for STDs". Is this a Reddit story? I know that you included a plot point around this, but it wasn't necessary. The husband is praising the benefits of all the honest communication they've had lately, but with all the on-the-nose dialog it's difficult to imagine them actually being _more_ communicative.

The plot is not unoriginal, but the character and story logic is terrible. I don't know of these characters are terrible people, or just terribly written. "We've had a long and wonderful marriage, then suddenly we cheated on each other!" Foreshadowing cures a lot of evils in character logic, but you have to take the time to set it up.

I got pulled out of this story very early. This is one of the more painful reads I've had here. It hurts me to say that because the plot was above-average. I feel that this story is between one and two stars, but I've given it three because it seems to be about average for a Literotica story.

Things to work on: character logic / foreshadowing; dialog.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

This story was a very good account of the cheating and the actions taken to get thier marriage back. the details were very good. Characters acted like imperfect and flawed human beings. The back and forth of convbersation and emotions seemed to follow a normal sequence of happens. ending was well thought out and I'm sure that the lack of BTB was not appreciate by "the one sided shalow emotional wise commentators, but hey this was very "real life" for a mature loving couple. Little bit or ego, anger, End of story was great maybe not for the BTB crowd but hey those ending do not always happen. To be perfectly natural they shouldn't always happen, BTRH.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well done!

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 2 years ago

I love a happy ending. 5 stars

nwaatntnwaatnt5 months ago

To the ANONYMOUS who asked "What story did "oldbearswitch read" because of his comment, maybe you need to read the story again or at least the letters they wrote.

The first two lines after Pam reads Dan letter is Pam saying

>> When I finished reading, I was almost in tears. Not only did he forgive me, but he still trusts me. I wasn't as understanding. <<

Further on Pam says

"Dan I do still love you and I do want us to remain married. I don't want a divorce. I just need time. This is all too fresh. Can you understand?"

I thought that was hard from Pam

What she forgets is while her cheating was 12 years before, Dan found out about it after Pam caught him cheating so they both went through the pain of having a spouse cheat at the same time.

Dan also has to come to terms with the fact she kept it secret for 12 years.

Dan uses the thought "Pam was sick after her hysterectomy" to excuse her cheating in his mind.

In reality that is a very poor excuse for Pam cheating, she then goes to medical help to fix her problem and then after 6 years forgets her cheating.

If anything it is Pam who is a hypocrite.

I was surprised at Dan cheating when he did, maybe it was the timing of when the opportunity arose, if he was going to "weaken" and cheat I would have thought it would have been the same time as Pam did, her being sick in her mind after the operation and pushing him away etc would have been a good excuse for him to cheat as well, even though it was a weak excuse for both.

They both cheated once Just maybe they could both learn from it and over time come to terms with it slowly.

Overall I thought it a good story, I gave it a 4

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous