Rough around the Edges Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Myanlass
Myanlass
1,023 Followers

"Okay, then Jade, what do you want with me?"

"Excuse me." she said putting her hands on her hips.

"Is it sex? Is that it?"

"Well, I told you last night and I thought we were on the same page."

"So, you pretty much want to use me for sex?"

"You don't have to say it so harshly."

"No, let's be honest for a moment. You just want me that way? To just fuck the shit out of you?"

She sighed, "Yes." she admitted not liking where this was going.

"So, that's what you want me from me?"

"Yes. Okay, that's what I want from you!"

"So you pretty much want to be just like your boyfriend and my ex-wife and sleep around."

Her mouth shut instantly at his harsh words, "That's not fair." she whispered.

He sighed to himself reaching into his pocket for his pack of cigarettes. She watched him light the stick as a whole mess of emotions came over her. Why did he have to be so difficult and hurtful? Why was she actually doing this to herself? She didn't admit to herself that she knew he was right. She just wanted to feel like someone wanted her She tucked a stand of hair behind her ear and stared down at her feet. She felt cold and confused. She tried her best to hold back all her emotions.

"I told you that I'm a blunt man and I respect you enough not to lie to you. I do enjoy kissing you, darlin'. I do very much, but after we satisfy the lust part, then what? You are still in a messed up relationship at the end of the day. Believe I have had this same conversation with myself." he said taking a drag of his cigarette.

"Is it too much to ask for a little release?"

He stared down at her lowered head and he tilted her chin up. Her eyes were closed and his thumb caressed and his thumb slowly caressed her cheek. She leaned into his touch, opening her eyes to look into his deep pooled blue eyes. He could see her eyes watering. Damn, that man for making her go through this, he thought. He should have kicked his ass on the basketball court like he first wanted to do. Damn his own body for wanting her so much.

"Baby, you deserve anything you want, but you have to realize that you are too good to go through what you are going through with that guy."

She nodded, taking a deep inhale, "It's okay James. It's just one of those things where I want to feel like someone wants me."

"Believe me darlin'. I do want you, but can't have you right now."

"So, you do like kissing me?" she smiled and he couldn't help but laugh at her.

"Of course, I keep on doing it. I told you, your lips are so damn intoxicating and I just can't stop kissing them."

"You just like them because you think they are big."

"That may be true, but I just can't help myself." he said flicking the ashes of his cigarette.

He looked down at her like he was determining what would be the best option. What the hell, he thought as he leaned down to her lips, "But you can't kiss me after you have been smoking." she said as she moved out of his grasp and headed to the door.

He sucked his teeth as he turned to face her. She was smiling with her hand on the knob.

"Thanks a lot James. I really appreciate you being a friend."

"You're welcome, you evil little tease."

"I'll talk to you later." she said walking out.

James silently cursed himself for being so damn noble. This girl was getting under his skin and he wanted to be buried deep inside of her. He wanted to show her how a real man was suppose to treat a woman. He was charting dangerous territory, because not only did he want her, he was starting to like her.

"I knew she was going to be trouble." he said to himself before going out to the shop.

Valentine's Day, this was always a busy time for her restaurant. Jade and Katrina didn't want to leave the shop open for long because they wanted to give the girls that work there time to enjoy the holiday. It seemed like all her friends had some sort of date, even Dominique. She did get roses and a call from Dante. He said his usual I love you and promised that he would make this up to her. She wasn't really too concerned about it. She had been doing some deep thinking every since that day with James. He was a man that thought she was beautiful and wanted her.

She had been pretty selfish, not realizing that she was bringing him into a situation that his ex-wife had put him through. And why cheat on a man like him? He was sexy, smart, and strong. She was starting to think of him more and more even though he was an arrogant man.

"Earth to Jade." she heard Katrina say and looked over to her.

"What was that?"

"You have another delivery." Katrina smiled.

"Me? It must be from Dante." she said shaking her head.

"Doing his patent, I'm so sorry baby." Katrina mocked.

"Yea, what are you doing here? We sold our last cake."

"I know. I just wanted to make sure that everything is okay for closing."

"No girlfriend, you will not get me yelled at by Scott. Take your little behind home and get laid over and over again. That way I can have two babies to baby-sit."

"Whatever." Katrina laughed as they were making their way to the office, "I see Dante, did actually do something right. He got you orchids."

"Are you serious?" Jade smiled and hurried to the front desk,

He never bought her orchids. He insisted on buying her roses because they looked more like her. She saw a huge vase of purple orchids sitting on the front desk in a beautiful clear vase. Katrina looked over at Jade and noticed the huge smile on her friend's face. Nice to know that he does pay some attention, even though she still didn't like him. Jade flocked over to the vase and grabbed the card. She really couldn't believe he got these for her. Maybe there was hope for him after all.

"Let's see," Jade said as she pulled the card out to read, "For a very desirable woman with gorgeous lips, James. JAMES?!" she shouted looking at it wide eyed.

"Are you serious? Scott's friend, James?"

"I don't know any others."

"He bought you orchids? How did he know you liked them?" Katrina said taking the card from her to reread it.

"I don't know, I didn't tell him. Did you tell Scott?"

"Not a question Scott would ask without telling me the whole story."

"Hold on." Jade pulled out her phone and dialed James cell phone number.

"Hello." he said in his gruff tone.

"Hi, I got the flowers."

"Yea, I know. Don't make a big scene about it."

"No James, it's really sweet." she tried to walk away but Katrina was right behind her, "How did you know I liked orchids?"

"You had a painting of a field of them in your office, so I just put two and two together. I'm not a total idiot."

"I never said you were. Um, thanks a lot. I really love them. What are you doing?"

"What I'm usually doing these days, I'm at the shop working. Just have a couple of the guys working late."

"Oh okay well, thanks again." she was at a loss for words, "Happy Valentine's day." she said.

"You too, enjoy."

"Night." she said hanging up the phone.

She looked down at the phone as if she could see his face. She could imagine him putting the phone down and shaking his head. He was probably thinking that damn girl and her lips.

"I see that." Katrina teased.

"What?"

"That smile on your face. Haven't seen that in a while."

"It's nothing. Just flowers." Jade said.

"Just flowers, how did he found out you like orchids?"

"He said he saw the painting in my office and just thought I liked them."

"Damn, Marines are very observant."

"Is there anyone that's opened that could do deliveries tonight?" Jade asked.

"Why? What do you have planned, missy?"

"Just thinking outside the box." Jade smiled.

After Jade closed up shop, she went straight home. She had made a couple of phone calls and did some begging for one shop to actually deliver something to James' shop. She smiled to herself thinking about his face when he sees that box. She had one final thing to do because knowing what she knew about James, he was going to come over after seeing his gift.

She picked up her phone as she kicked off her heels and dialed Dante. No shock after the first couple of rings it went to his voice mail.

"Hey babe it's me. I was just calling to see how you were doing and if you are okay. Also, I can't do this anymore. I can't. I'm tired of waiting for you to change and realize that I'm a good woman. I hope everything works out for, but it's over between us. Just call me back and we can talk about what you want me to do with your stuff that's over here. Happy Valentine's day and good night." she hung up the phone.

Okay so it was kind of wrong to leave a message like that on his voice mail, but she didn't care. She needed it to be done. I mean it's not like she had plans to be with anyone else, but she wanted to try a Marine. She headed to the shower, taking her hair out of her ponytail.

"Jeff, could you please make sure that part comes in tomorrow?" James said, brushing his hands on his pants.

"Yes sir. It really shouldn't be any problem." Jeff said as he returned back to another car.

"Hey boss, you working pretty hard. Don't you want to celebrate Valentine's day?" Ramon asked.

"You trying to tell me you have a hot date, kid."

"No sir, I'm trying to dodge chicks for awhile, they are crazy."

"Amen to that."

"But you on the other hand, had two woman visit you, both fine as hell."

"One is an ex-trouble and the other one is current trouble."

"Really?" Ramon smiled.

"The blonde is my ex-wife that's unfortunately still in town." he said as he thought about the numerous Happy Valentine's day messages she left on his phone.

"And the other one." Ramon asked.

"Jade, she is just a friend. That one that had that older Jaguar we fixed."

"Oh yea, that car." Ramon nodded, "She is a hottie."

"That she is."

"Well, I have seen her around at that restaurant. She seems pretty sweet man, but wasn't she with some guy."

"Yep." James said as he still worked on the car.

"Well, anyway, some of the guys are pretty grumpy about no Valentine's day. Some of them have wives they wanted to spend some time with."

"I know, it's just there is a huge lot that I want to get done. I'll let them off in a little bit."

"Understandable." Ramon nodded.

"Is there a James Morris around here?" some kid said walking into the shop.

He walked over to James and handed him a box of candy. Must be from that damn woman, Deborah. What the hell was it going to take for her to realize to leave him the hell alone? He opened the card, sighing to himself.

"I have unwrapped the chocolate candy, now you have to come and eat it. Jade." Jade? This came from Jade?

That was weird he thought to himself. She unwrapped all the candy. He stuffed the card in his back pocket and opened the heart shaped box, but there was no chocolate, only chocolate wraps with something underneath them. He pushed the wrappers away from the middle and his eyes widen in shock. No this couldn't be what he think it is, he thought to himself. He turned away from Ramon and the shop to make sure his eyes wasn't failing him. He picked up the material and saw that it was a thong, Jade's thong. Unwrapped the chocolate? Come and eat it? He felt his breath catch in his throat as he thumbed the material. He licked his lips as he could picture her shimming out of these before placing them in the box. How she was probably at her house right now with nothing on under whatever she was wearing because it was right in this box. Not only that, she was waiting on him to come. Damn being noble, her ass was his.

"Shop closed! Everybody out NOW!" James said turning towards everyone at the shop.

Thanks to everyone who is reading my little stories. I have people I work with interested in my story now. LOL Don't get too mad, I will come back with the next chapter soon.

Myanlass
Myanlass
1,023 Followers
12