All Comments on 'Same Time Next Year'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 234 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
amazing how she can plan her pregnancies

It's amazing how she can plan her pregnancies down to a week away every two years.

And what is he a great war hero from? Grenada, Panama, or Desert Storm?

Too many cliches in this one for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Hey! DG

I was looking through your stories to see if I had missed any and saw a new one released today. I didn't see it in the new section yet but I notice the troll readers are already knocking it.

For me it was a great story. I really enjoyed it. You're one of the best on this site. Thanks for all your contributions. I would leave my name but the last time I did, Igot hate mail for not agreeing with them.

A fan

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
great

great

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
he's a hero from the "Panama Storm" war

he's a Navy SEAL trained guy, too. he can be very tough, as a SEAL, as you can see,,, he can withstand all kinds of pains, humiliation, torture, etc. FOR HIS CHILDREN, that is!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Okay

Just okay. I don't know, the writing was decent enough, but it is like you write the same story over and over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Just not that realistic

Unfortunately he couldn't have been a Navy SEAL as he joined the Army after high school. Still I know he was a neck snapping special forces beast making bitches out of all those Panamanian fruits. Actually this guy's military past was toned down a bit compared to some of the other special forces behemoths that roam these revenge themed stories.

I gave you a 25 because you refrained from a painfully unrealistic divorce solution. Although just killing her off was a bit lazy. You should be more creative. Unfortunately there were just too many fantasies for this to be believed. What was written in the "unofficial" accident report? Dick in mouth and vibrator where the sun never shines. Way overboard. Also, how did this guy not find out that Andrea was his daughter when he was in the Army? I mean nasty letter or not Mel would have let him know. And then to find out years later? Too fanciful. The trolls constantly tell the cuckold writers that what they write is unrealistic the revenge writers should be held to the same standard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
And a home run it was!

This was a nicely complex story that held my interest all the way. It's the right length for everything that happened.

Nicely done with the kids. Which war it was doesn't make any difference - the war wasn't the focus.

Kudos!

Regards, Jack

BazzzBazzzover 17 years ago
Kind of the same record played again

There were a few changes within this story but I do agree with Mr. Okay. This does get old after awhile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Ehhhhh....

You forgot to add how he suddenly inherited a gazillion dollars and become King of Atlantis.

Or maybe he was hired by MI-6 after seeing him in the news, and he became the next 007....

ho-hum.

Unrealistic story who's only purpose is to stroke some hurt male ego.

*yawn*

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
another highly rated story

Most of DG Hear's stories have ratings over 4.5. This story shows why.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well except for the mixup with a liver and a kidne

I found it refreshing to read a story with no sex. I did love the part about Zack's dick getting bit off..sorta like Garp... But good job for a lot of writing..

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Good job

Decent writing, realistic characters, well-handled plot. Good story.

"Same Time, Next Year", btw, is an excellent film.

TiggerTooTiggerTooover 17 years ago
Loved it as usual.

So doesn't the tissue company. Keep 'em coming. Thanks for writing.

Phil

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Lighten Up, Readers!

And I'm normally Mr. "kill 'em all let God Sort 'em out", I thought it was well written, the bad guys/girls got what was coming to 'em (yes, I usually prefer boiling in oil or skinning alive) but even that gets old. DG did write an excellent "feel good" story, not many of those around, give him his due and get off his case...........maybe it's time to start skinning the bitchers instead of the writers? ;-)

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
Good story ... REALISTIC?? I dunno about THAT

a good garden variety DG hear story... one that features tough times that can work out in the end. AS a generalmrule DG' stories are very positive and are not usually not too contrived.

yeah I suppose it was a little too much cliche but there are no glaring holes in it.

still as good as this was I am surprised by the number of readers who think this was REALISTIC. The death of the two by car acciden tthat was set up by zacks' WIFE / POLITICIAN was very UNREALISITIC unless one believes in whacko conspiracy theories in the real wordl

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
another great story

DG I really loved your story i couldnt stop crying when the kids was cheering for Mel and Andrew to get married i think Andrew did right not get the children tested it would be on his mind every day if he did Trina was a real jerk to be fucking up a good marriage with Andrew this also reminds me of another story where the car crash happened after the wife was killed in a car crash when going to meet her lover.

DG i hope you write another chapter so i can see how they are coming along with the family.

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga

l8blooml8bloomover 17 years ago
Brought tears to my eyes

DG, you have an excellent sense of how adults can be selfish butt-heads, even at the expense of the children involved. You hit it right on the mark.

I always appreciate stories that explicate the human condition. IRL sex occurs in the context of life, and you provide that vital grounding.

Never you mind the trolls -- well done.

cageyteecageyteeover 17 years ago
Another great day!

For me it's always a great day when I get a DG Hear story to read.

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Well Done

Well done, DG. An enjoyable read, then again all of your tales are good reads.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Not my most

favorite of your stories, too bam bam bam and not enough emotions. I couldn't even feel the sorrow in the kids or the pain he felt. Sorry, try again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Emotions

When DG figures out how to animate his characters with emotions, he'll be a fine author. Until then, he'll be stuck in the middle of the pack.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
There was no infidelity!

Trina didn't do anything wrong. Bill Clinton told us repeatedly that oral isn't sex! So why is this guy so upset?

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Sad story but a very good romance

DG's writing keeps getting better and better.

Somehow I don't think Tricia and Zach would have done very well had they both divorced and then tried to deal with the real day-to-day problems with the kids and ex-spouses that they would have had to deal with. Andy's going to have to figure out who the biological father is sooner or later, but there's no reason it can't be later.

Skip1934aSkip1934aover 17 years ago
Great story

Very realistic, well presented, and a great read

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Just fine

DG,

Another winner from you, not a surprise. I really liked the way you handled the issue of the kids. The wreck beat the hell out of court battles and vengence. Justice was served and the good people got together in the end, perfect!

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
There was no lift- off

Typically most problems with stories go into the ending: too rushed; too complicated structure which does not hold together at the end. Not so here. The initial complication, which was supposed to start moving the story from the beginning to the middle, should have been sent back as faulty. Young soldier hears that his girlfriend is pregnant. He also knows (unless he was unconscious when he took part in the act) that there could be a possibility that he is the father. Yet, he would never talk with the woman - not even once. He would not read her letter- not even once. Not even once would he talk to her once he is back. I said to my self (mentally only –I did read it all): stop it right there! Emotional as he is, he did love her; he knew he might be the father. From there on it was down hill for me. All I could see was unnecessary complications leading to tragedies that should not have happened in the first place. As much as I tried, I could not suspend disbelief after that. The plot never left the ground.

My consolation –it is a rare exception with DG stories. Thank you for your stories. I am looking forward for your next one.

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIover 17 years ago
what's wrong with story "plot"?

there's nothing "wrong," as many other Lit. writers have glowingly reviewed (each other).

the "problem" is, DGHear, et al. TARGET one small audience (i.e., Literotica audience), rather than simply write a story for general audience.

a few of these writers here in Lit. are decent enough writers, including the "Bean Counter" guy (who claims to be professional writer); but their "problem", again, is that they target a small audience, like those here in Lit. which has, to a good degree, a certain fixation on "stroke" fet-ism (notice I didn't say "fetish").

but if they DID write as if though their targeted audience were readership at large, some of these writers would readily produce plots that are more credible.

this is not to say things like those pointed out in these Jerry Springer stories don't happen in real life; they do. the contention has to do with HOW the plots are set up and delivered. the ONLY WAY for any one to be able to suspend believe and to "go along" with these story plots, again, is to NOT take onself out of "Literotica's world" here.

if you do take yourself out of here 98 percent or more of these stories,,,, I am talking about the ones which receive a lot of diverse praises and criticism only, NOT the ones which open with Janet --- (a 40 year-old blue eyed blond mother of 2 college-aged kid-suburban Christian conservative wife) --- screaming for Jamal and Jerome to "give me a Black baby, but, oh, god, you two are splitting me in two right now but keep doing it, 'cuz it's so romanatic, etc.

Unbridled_PassionUnbridled_Passionover 17 years ago
nice story

thanks for the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
confused

i liked the story well enough but what did you do these people to make them so pissed at you do you have money that they want or what

savant0100savant0100over 17 years ago
Nice but..

The story is great and very well writen.It is nice to see that the story is 6 pages long(good for you) but sir its the same old story line and from the begining of the story you can pin point how the story will end i mean there is no tril and the story characters seems rather doll,sir its great as always but please try to get out of your same story line it might go well.thank again 4 the great read

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
a good ending!!

i think this was a great story with a happy ending.. hope the family is still together!!

ChucknWNCChucknWNCover 17 years ago
A Great Story

Thank you DG for the great story. Despite what others have said I thought the story was very entertaining. Very seldom do I read a story over 3 pages, just takes too long, but this one kept my interest. Even though I am a guy, I am a romantic at heart and the ending where true love and honesty was rewarded was a wonderful. I can even understand how a young soldier would react the way you described. I truly found nothing wrong with the story except, and I don't mean to be a critic here because this is all I found wrong, he donated part of his liver, not a kidney as was mentioned once and a wrong name was used once. However, this has nothing to do with the storyline or the enjoyment of it. Thank you and I look forward to reading more from you.

Chuck

rooster1rooster1over 17 years ago
good finish

i read to be entertained & this hit the spot. liked the whole story. some "reviewers" seem to be quite harsh as to small errors when if you read most published books they contain much larger goofs than this & they are edited by several people.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
A guide to the confused

How does Confused Anon. takes a comment to an author that I love reading and praise the quality of his cumulative writing, regarding one story that did not work for me – as: “ being pissed at the author”? .

Let me guide you, confused. Respectful critique should not be read as any thing but that. Maybe your experiences blur anger with criticism, but please note that you read in (putting in a lot of yourself into it) rather than actually read what you claim to be responding to.

The rest I understand was your attempt at being funny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Dorky Story

What a hero???

Go back to college!

bobkit

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 17 years ago
Unbelievable

Literally! DG is noted for his quirky plots, so we weren't disappointed. And the ending of this one was obvious at the beginning. We just did not know how he would get there. But the cardboard cut out, two dimensional characters didn't get us there gracefully. The major flaw, the unbelievability, is found in the details. The guy goes bonkers over her out of wedlock pregnancy, but never considers it could be his. The wife is an absolute bitch, yet does a 180 in her last telephone conversation and sounds like a different person. The children weren't even two dimensional at times. The "unoffical" accident report could not be kept under wraps, if it ever existed. Too many people would have knowledge of the details. A benevolent insurance company? Not in my lifetime. The senator "arranging" the accident? Not a likely act of a high visibility politician.

The few typos and kidney/liver confusion could be ignored, but not when two editors had a crack at it.

Not one of the author's better works, because this one is unbelievable, literally.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Alawys the same

This story, with such a weak plot, could have been told in a page. There is no emotion, no feeling that the charcaters are real. He's a hero, the kids are super cute, the other woman is a saint, the wife is horrible. Haven't you used this more than a few times already?

NucleusNucleusover 17 years ago
Predictable

My pre-commentator "Navigator" write important remarks, I would agree with this(not his harsh rating).

The genre "loving wives" is too clear-cut. I'd read some breaks of the first page and for me was clear, where does the plot leads. Not in details, but in the main-thing.

The plot is too predictable. I know, it's very difficult for writers to avoid foreseeability.

Besides, your writing is good. I like your stories.

Nucleus

I'll hope you understand my funny english.

Risq_001Risq_001over 17 years ago
At first I didn't like it DG

Mainly because the whole premise is that for years his wife was cheating on him with no end in site, was trying to get him to raise her ex-lovers children while pretending they are his, and generally disrespect and treated him like a second class citizen every day of the week except when she was fresh back from her lover. That she (and her friend) felt that her cheating with her ex-boyfriend every couple of years or so is ok because they are star crossed lovers who missed each other in the night, but if he does it with his former girlfriend, he's just out for a cheap thrill.

I wasn't a fan that her friend got off with her cheating because her husband never found out. And the only reason this husband did was because of a reunion.

Then there are the kids. They were used as a pawn in her plans and then used to keep him in the marriage.

But what made me change my mind was this. The kids.

After she was killed coming home, while giving a blowjob as they were driving no less, from a weekend of non-stop sex with her ex-boyfriend, they (the children) would have had no one. One crushing blow to them would have been bad, where they just found out that they lost their mother and she would never be coming home, but what would have just destroyed them was finding out one or more of them weren't his and now both parents were dead, their mother had been cheating on their father for years, so that they would have had no one to blame this on, and now they would be screwed up for life due to the actions of one selfish person. And the fact if he knew it might change how he felt and acted around them during this time of need wasn't lost on me either. The fact he had enough love and mercy to put them first in their time of need, regardless of how much he may have been hurt over this, was enough to make me change my mind and give it a great score.

It wasn't because the wife died, but because the husband loved the children more than he disliked what the wife did to him.

-Risq

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Very good!

Very good story and well written. I enjoyed this very much. The happy ending was good despite the trajedy. One cannot say here that the children were left in the background. They were great, too.

A really good read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
What a twist of fate?

Now this was a tear jerker and I will admit that it tugged at my heart strings. At first, I thought this was going to be a so so story, then a whimp story, then a sad story, and finally it ended at the end of the rainbow. I thought I had the story panned out after the first chapter, but you fooled me and it ended great.

You are one talented writer. BRAVO BRAVO

thesadwriterthesadwriterover 17 years ago
Nice Work!

I really liked the story, especially Melissa. Other than a few flaws, it was a great story. For instance, I dont quite understand Melissa never telling him he was the father. I do like the circumstances you created for him finding out. The kids were very cute, if not a a bit too precocious. There were also one or two character miscues but overall the story was good enough to bookmark you on my favorite author list. I look forward to more of your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Off the mark

DG:

Perhaps you should have ended the story, "...and they all lived happily ever after." For me your story reeked of saccharine. This story should be mandatory reading for the insulin-deprived. It was just too sweet. Your happy ending was transmitted to the reader long before the story's conclusion.

The occurrences portrayed (i.e. The wife's and her lover's deaths) seemed just too convenient to the plot. I believe that device has been used before by others. The circumstances of their deaths, her being penetrated by a favorite toy and performing fellatio on him while he drove, reduced this tale to just "average." It's as if you made your story a caricature of itself. If you had wanted the reader to know that she had continued in her indiscretion, you are polished enough to not have had to express it in such a pedestrian manner.

There were also too many holes in the plot. That the events surrounding the deaths of the lovers in the car crash could be kept secret is ludicrous. That may be the biggest fantasy contained in this story. All persons attending the accident must have been staunch members of the senator's political persuasion. Then both senator and husband are unwilling to pursue the driver of the SUV who caused the crash. You write that someone witnessed the accident but that the official report altered the witness' statement. Was the witness coerced to recant his testimony or was he soon after involved in a car crash of his own? In any event saving face for this politician is more important than the truth being told. Perhaps this is the most realistic part of your tale. After all, her political roots were in Chicago. And her attitude when confronted with the possibility that the accident was NOT an accident gives witness to her personal integrity. I'm curious to know who is "higher" than a U.S. senator who would give a shit about her husband's bedroom activities and would resort to murder to curtail them. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? With all the clout you've bestowed upon this woman I have to believe that she is in a federal and not a state office. Indiscretions notwithstanding, two people were killed. And everyone is going to look the other way? Also it's unrealistic to imagine that the press never noticed the prolonged philandering of her husband with his many partners.

Didn't "Andy" ever find it odd that they birth dates of his children were all so close? Since these conventions were usually in the first or second week in May, and since neither he nor the wife were sure of paternity, it stands to reason that all of the pregnancies occurred soon after the annual gatherings. Ergo, birthdays had too be closely bunched. He didn't need a vasectomy, he just needed to abstain in May.

And what was with "Trina"? According to "Maria," "Trina" wanted to get even with "Andy" and for him to have to raise "Zach's" children. Why? What did he do to cause such resentment? It certainly didn't have anything to do with his having fathered a child with his former girlfriend. They didn't find that out till after his/"Zach's" children were already born.

For a first time submission, I might say "kudos." But for a writer of your stature and competence, I have to express my disappointment. You are truly capable of far better.

Philip

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
Very good story

I have to say your story was very good and thank you for the entertainment.

PT

Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
Well, I liked it well enough

So what if the ending was sort of predictable?

There are many genres where the ending is just as predictable and the stories are still enjoyable.

And, what's wrong with DG writing to a particular readership? Is it any different from those who write stories where a wimp husband watches his wife with other men or any other fetish?

If there was only one class of readership, then the world could get by with only one magazine!

Why are there so many magazines? Because there are at least that many groups of different readers.

I don't read 'Beekeeper's Monthly', but I imagine most of those who do read it enjoy the experience. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them for reading it, or me for not doing so.

Just happens me and the beekeepers are different. We all can live in the same world without decrying the others.

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 17 years ago
Predictable but enjoyable!!

Despite the predictability of the plot, this was a good story and I love a good story! Despite its length, you kept me interested till the end. Andy and Mel were thoroughly likable heroes and the kids complete the picture for a happy, if unlikely, ending. Great work DG! Well done! Pete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Ignore any detractors above

One of the best I've seen at Literotica.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 17 years ago
A few troubling thoughts

I'm always bothered by the stories I read here that involve 'I tried to tell you it was your child but you wouldn't listen' plot lines. For example, soldier-boy won't communicate so Mel can't tell him he's the daddy. Gee, Mel, here's an idea: tell his freakin' sister! Not only will he listen to her, he'll probably believe her. 'Course that means the author is gonna have to think of something else to carry the idea, but this author has shown he's got the chops to do it. Still a pretty good tale. Thanks, and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
better than dinner & a movie out

definitely enjoyed this well written,clean tale.made my sat.night.rickprince1949

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well Done

Yes, forget the ones who are negative, this was a story that brought tears to my eyes and that doesn't happen often from this site.

gasperguy69gasperguy69about 17 years ago
this was great!

the story was sad in that the mother died tragically, even ironically. yet it choked me up a little in how a true loving family was born out of a wronged marriage. sometimes i wish real life worked out this way!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
GOOD STORY, DG.

Fairly well written...some areas dangle a bit. Excellent use of irony and development of the storyline.

stargazer_bardstargazer_bardabout 17 years ago
BRAVO!!

To DG:

I have read several of your stories lately, and find that you are one of the better authors on Lit. I think you really put a piece of yourself into the stories so that we care about the characters. Well done, and many thanks for a great diversion.

stargazer_bard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Flawed premise

I like your writing and most of your stories are great. This one I think is a little unrealistic, starting with the fact that brain-dead Andy assumes that his lovers pregnancy is not from him and immediately jumps to conclusion that she cheated, then ,naturaly, refuses to read letter explaining it's his child. After that the story is not bad until the "deus ex machina" of the car crash that conveniently gets rid of unfaithful Trina and allows him to marry woman he would have married if were not so stupid.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great as always

I really enjoyed the story. Has some small flaws but I read for enjoyment and a happy ending is nice to have when you can see it is deserved or earned! I consider you one of the 10 best writers on this site to me (The Wanderer, Just Plant Bob, ...). I can only give you a proof compliment by saying I have not only read all of your stories once I have read them again. Many I have read several time. I wish you to continue to enjoy writing and I will enjoy reading.

Ken

still anonymous but need to log on as a KEW

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Justice-For Once_Has Been Done.

And that's all I have to say 'bout th-aat!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Why even care about DNA?

All that matters is whether or not his DNA matches his childrens, not whether Zack's does. The wife isn't sure whose kids they are, but she can plan the trips for when she's ovulating?

And the "higher ups" really care about whether or not her husband is messing around? And do something about less than 12 hours after the husband finds out? If it was such a big deal they wouldn't wait for the husband to find out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Listen to the comments

If you think this plot does not work. LIISTEN to the commmentaries by Harry, and all the rest would not have read the letter just kicked the bitch to the curb-like the scum men they really are

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
A Real Winner

I think Andy was a little blind if he couldnt figure out how the kids could be his if he had a the fix done to him and then have her say "I`m pregnant every time she comes home from those trips didnt he have any thoughts in his head that Maybe Trina was having an affair ?.

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
How to kill a story

You know all the mess could have been avoided in the letter writing stages. Rather than take the time to send a letter with the open ended statement "she's preggers". A little more definition would have worked, maybe "she's preggers and you are the daddy". Or his sister could have even let the soon to be mommy give the good word. It is a letter after all. They take time to write and think, and it's not like someone can interupt you. But then, this would be a much shorter story and how dull would that be?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great Story

Well written! I especially liked the fact that you didn't send your main characters though a nasty divorce, and that Andy didn't try to find out who fathered his kids (in this instance you were right, he was better off not knowing, though if the divorce had happened it might have been appropriate). This story also points out how people waste years of their lives over a stupid mistake. (A good lesson, that some people learn too late.) Thank you for writing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Touching

I am touched.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
wtf?

are you fucking kidding me? everyone thinks this is such a great story? why? because she knew it was andys' kid but only wrote one letter before giving up and marrying eric!? are you people retarded? why didnt she tell his family? why didnt she write him letter after letter until he wrote back? so she not only ruined his life, but also hers because she was an idiot. also, when you're going pretty serious with someone, you dont go out with another person, even if your parents try to pressure you. in case you havent noticed, im not blaming this in any way on andy because its a fair assessment that after going on a date with another boy and then while your out doing a job (like basic training) and you hear your love of your life is preggers, it stands to reason you might go a little crazy. i still cant get over what a fucking dumbass mel is! i mean really, she even knew it wasnt erics kid? god, it pissed me off when he took her back. say whatever you want, in real life, what she did is pretty much unforgivable.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
Good writing. Retardedly retarded story

The writing style is good, but the story itself is...well...fit for Hollywood. First, Andy throws away a perfectly good relationship with the woman he loves when he heard she was pregnant. The perfect woman MEL NEVER CHEATED ON ANDY, but he was too young and stupid to realize that he could have been the father. Second, Andy tries to throw his life away by taking risks at war. Third, Andy marries a woman he does not love and who does not love him. Andy stays married to a woman he does not love and who does not love him. Fourth, Andy's too slow to realize that when a mate keeps accusing their partner of cheating it's a good sign that the accuser is up to no good. Guilty people project their guilt onto other people. Fifth, did Andy become sterile during his time in the service? Why would he not be getting his wife pregnant at any other time, and then think it was just a coincidence that his wife only ever got pregnant after one of those business conferences? Sixth, Melissa spends ten years married to 'a really nice guy' but never falls in love with him??? What the hell was the point of that? Seventh, Eric, the 'really nice guy' is ok with raising another man's child but feels emasculated if other people know about it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
One of the best stories

The story is well written; the main plot's idea came from the 1970's movie by the same name. The story itself was extremely well organized and it was in the main a warm family story by a superb story teller, D..G. Hear. The only issue was the the father's first wife who decided that she could and would meet her old boyfriend each year at the company's yearly meet. The story is one of the most read and highest rated stories in "Loving Wives." RAG

C_frommnC_frommnover 14 years ago
Very Good Story

This Story was an Emotional Rollercoaster.. Back and forth

best thing for the Kids was the Mom Joining her Lover.

Wherever they ended up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Hated the slut:

Loved the story. lots of emotion. cried, laughed, and cursed.

Hated the wife for her infidility, what she did not who she was. loved the old girlfriend for her devotion to her husband although she still loved the father of her daughter.

Would have liked it better if wife had grabbed the wheel and caused the accident in a moment of remorce and guilty conciencefor her infadility although nshe evidently love her husband, but it seems thet after living with someone that many years that there would be some feelings for her children if nothing else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well written piece of crap.

Plotholes are acceptable as long as they are small. This story is based on them.

There is no reason for Mel not to report about her pregnancy to him. There is no reason for her to not relay about the father to his sister, which happens to be her friend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Damn this is a book!!!!!!!!!

But a damn good reading book. "Good story"

incestor007incestor007over 14 years ago
Good But Not Up to the mark..

Well You always come up with really good plots, This was too good to start, but you still need to know that after reading more than half of your story, which was based on wife cheating for seven years, and suddenly died, make it unrealstic and non-tolerable, and Very-Very Much Predictable. There are several reasons why she should not be dead, First Story exactly ends when she died, because there in only oneway after that so no-one need to read full page about how happy they are and how many childeren they are going to have. SECOND,if they did deserve death? Someone cheating a honest and faithful person for seven years atleast deserve to suffer one day thinking about what she had reallly done. I dont think anyone can rise up after being cheated for seven years, it is highest level of betrayal, and also having someone else's kid was something that can be done by only DEVIL, think how TERRIBLE person she was, but even so she deserve to taste the medicine she made. So killing was worst idea in whole plot. THIRD, killing just after disclosure was something VERY UNREALISTIC.

Mel was definitly true love, and admirable person, as she didnot cheated on her husband. on the other side Trina and Eric were two sex freaks and Trina was doing it to prove how much true her love was, something very fanatic. Because only honest person can be true lover, if you are not honest to you social life( your duties) which is easier than being honest in love. You cant expect someone to in true love with you if he/she cant even be truthful to other important relations (Wife/mother),

Well yes, Trian was really slut and does not deserve a little bit of sympathy she even cheated her children. What a terrible mother she was, and not even good person, as she did not want to help a poor girl Andrea swinging between life and death.

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
well the results are in, it's 50-50 love-hate

I just can't tell you to write it again though. I really liked it, and I understand as some people are saying it is not the best written story, and I kinda agree but I think it is written from the heart, which is what matters. It's about anger causing so much misery, and if Trina had not died, life would have been much uglier. Anger causes misery for both the victims and the angry person. As Jen said, it was a blessing that she did die - because he faced the alternative of losing even visitation rights to his girls if he wanted to put paternity to Zack.

He would effectively have disowned his girls. Children he knew has his own ... I don't think he thought it through very well. But what a choice he had! If he wanted the children he should not take the test.. but he would face the humiliation of paying child support. If he didn't want to pay, then he would have to do the test and lose his babies.

Unfortunately the courts do not play the way he probably wanted to. And unfortunately it is a cruel world, and sometimes you have to take action that is otherwise prohibited. There are societies where adulterers are executed, and it does make me think if that is better than murdering the cuckolding wife (which a lot of guys would probably do, given the chance). Anyway.. I'm glad the powers-that-be got rid of the abhorrent people. He wasted years without the right woman, and I'm glad he regretted that moment of anger where he threw away her letter. The only thing that remains unexplained (unless I overlooked) is why she never told him she was pregnant while he was on a tour of duty!

That said, all's well that ends well.

chytownchytownabout 13 years ago
Good Story!!!!!!

Great Read!!!! Thank You!!!

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
Great. As usual

Still a fan of your writing

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
This is the first story of yours that I've read

I've been prowling for good 'Loving Wife' authors and you were well regarded on the Top list

I enjoyed it (4) but...

When Andrea said "are you my Guardian Angel" that broke Suspension of Disbelief for me. She's ten.

Second, the auto accident death was a bit cliche. It broke SOD as well

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
president

I THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT STORY AND WITH NO SEX BUT I COULDNT KEEP FROM READING TILL THE END . VERY NICE THANK YOU

AnotherClosetReaderAnotherClosetReaderalmost 13 years ago
So basically,

All of Andy's troubles can be traced back to his sister's half a big mouth. When writing actual pen and paper letters, you can't just drop a bomb like "she's preggers!" and sign off right there, way too much communication lag for corrections. You really ought to add something like "you're gonna be a daddy!" or some type of important qualifier. Typical sister behavior, always causing trouble. But then Andy seems a bit of a high strung personality.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
Not probable but plausible: the essence of a Lit cheating wife story

I read the comments criticizing the circumstances of the story. Do we not realize that without these some unusual circumstances there would be no story. The circumstances are plausible enough to work. If Andy wonders if Mel's baby is his, there is no story. If Tricia doesn't cheat with Zach at the conventions, there is no story. And so on. Sure I momentarily wondered about Mel telling Andrea that Andrew was her real father. Hey, it was part of the story.

This author does a hell of a good job of writing happy ending stories. Some are of unique circumstances. Some are not.

"Life goes on."

TalonsreachTalonsreachalmost 13 years ago
Great job as always DG

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago

74000 years ago, when the supervulcano Toba erupted, the Homo Sapiens Sapiens remain only 500 persons only in Africa. It was important to survive the climate catastropha in the early paleolit. It was very important for the mankind, that the male are able to help to grow up a not genetical relative children to adult to save the Homo Sapiens Sapiens subspecies. Yes not the love alone but the affection and fondness became an evolutionary advantage. I hope this evolutionary advantage remains forever at the Homo Sapiens Sapiens species.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
"we're the television, we want the truth"

I've read this story several times over the years. When I read that part I laugh and think of Bagdad Dan Rather. Loved it when he announced " all the evidence has proved phoney, but I stand by the story"

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Very well written story.

I would have given it 5 stars but since it would be impossible I gave it 1*.

Even in the extremely unlikely event he would not talk to or read a letter from the pregnant girl, it is not possible that a pregnant would not talk to her mother and other. It is not possible that he would have refused to talk to his commanding officer, or his mother, or his sister, or her mother all of whom would have told him he is the father of the pregnant girl and insist that he accept his responsiblity. And certainly the military would take a dim view of him attempting to get out of his responsibilities as a father.

All of that would have occured prior to her marriage.

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
I like DGH's writings but couldn't get with this one

I'm sorry and it's harsh and I'm an asshole but they aren't his fucking kids. Raised them or not they aren't his, and his wife had so little respect for him that he was a moron to even be with her that long. And to show the level of disrespect she was getting fucked by her lover on the way back. And after all this he wants to raise the other man's kids please. Love or not let them live with the lover's wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncock the police-hating pedo

pollutes the comment sections with pedo-praising and cop-hating rants

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncock the police-hating pedo

pollutes the comment sections with pedo-praising and cop-hating rants

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Story

Yes i really got into this one & found my self happy & sad,crying at times loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
very good storyw

I really enjoyed the story it had me on the edge of my seat don't,want to sound harsh but,good thing trina died pardon my French but fuck that bitch. Well I was really happy for andrea she was saved got her real dad nd a whole family

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
Ursusrhere, I didn't rant dude

I gave the story 5stars, because I agree that DG is a good writer, but I think it BS to think a man wouldn't want to know if the kids ara his. Also it BS to think he would raise them as his. I just think thi would prove that this husband was the world biggest cuckold. He called her while she was with her lover Zach, why he already knew was a slut. Plan and go for the throat, that's why it's called war. Alls far in love and war.

auhunter04auhunter04over 12 years ago
did I miss something

He gets suspicious because fo the "DA PILL" cause he had the big V...so where did Jr come from at the end of the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A little simple minded

Andy had to get tested to donate his body part to Andrea. What about future medical problems with Trina's kids? Wouldn't it have been prudent to get the tests done but keep them a secret if it turned out that Andy was not the father?

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
liked the story

and for those who did not read it right - andy Jr. was the last one born before daddy got the weed wacker put to his balls. and there may be a need for DNA later in life but the children can share parts if they are zacs.

and i liked the story - but i dont think the hero would have tossed the letter and now realized it might be his.

but all in all i liked the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Being a Father is a lot more than sperm donation.

I find it ironic that many comments and stories on literotica.com about children born of 'cheating' emphasize the importance of physical paternity to fathers that have raised children as their own physical children for ten or more years before discovering the paternity issue. I have three children, all over twenty-five, whom I have raised from birth or a few months of age. Only one is my physical child, two were adopted at age nine months and 4 months. I can assure you I love all my children equally, and that my pride in being a father of all three is a main contribution to my sense of self worth and accomplishments in life. Similarly I have been gifted with three grand children from my two daughters, and I can assure you that my love and pride in each grandchild is is the same regardless of physical paternity. Those who ignore the overwhelming importance of love, care and nurturing of children in creating a parent relationship rather the physical connection need some enlghtening education. DAD & SFEconomist.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
anon, adopting and raising kids that are in front of you

isn't the same as, watching your wife/woman's belly grow from your seed. This was a child that you made together. You've been there for every little cold, every fever, the first steps and every first from birth. Then by some cruel cosmic joke you find out that your mate, the mother of your child turns out to be a cheating whore that fuck around and got pregnant from one of her little flings. Everything that you believed turned out to be a lie. It's not your kid, you have no rights in court, but you are allowed to pay for a cheating whore. Like the saying goes, nothing can destroy a family faster than DNA, it can get you out of prison but not child support.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
Nature vs Nurture -

The argument runs on 0

I side with the idea that the dad what raised 'em is the dad that counts.

Nicely done well organized and the killer solutions works for me heh.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Improbable

And everybody lived happily ever after.

What else to say. The cheaters were killed, the right partners got together and made a happy family.

All's well that end's well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Seems like justice

'nuff said

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Nice but

I was hoping that his wife came back and he reamed her in a divorce.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

I was a little stunned by the sudden death of his wife. I enjoy reading about the human drama, two people working through the crisis. However, given what Marie revealed about Trina wanting the children to be Zach's, her death was probably for the best. She clearly didn't love Andy and was no doubt going to be the one filing for divorce upon her return. With her death, she was robbed of the satisfaction of sticking it to Andy one last time. She had no remorse and got what she deserved. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Typical stupid, trite HDK mess. What a pile of shit.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
Stupid?

Well anon, give us all a break and show us by example. We are all waiting to be amazed. So far you have contributed - let me count them all - yes ZERO.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Only This!

@ Anon I has not found any wrong DG Hear story at all!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5718 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...