Siblings with Benefits Lex Talionis Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lovecraft68
lovecraft68
22,290 Followers

"Damn." I whispered.

I closed the door and winced at how loud the noise was.

"That's too much." I said aloud.

I felt the burning in my eyes fade a little bit and, as a test, I tapped the door; it sounded louder than usual but not uncomfortable so. I walked over and, sitting in the chair, closed my eyes again and simply sat still letting my energy gather. The Voice was right; I was evolving. I was hours from becoming something more than human. The phone rang again but this time I didn't even jump; it was amazing how calm I was. Getting up to answer it I grabbed the receiver and said into it;

"I said beep, not call again."

There was silence then a very familiar voice came through.

"Mark? It's me." It was Megan.

"Oh for the fucking love of God!!!!" The Voice yelled. "Hang up the phone!"

No, I thought, I want to say goodbye. The Voice sighed and said softly;

"Just make it quick he's coming."

"Mark? Don't hang up on me please!"

"Are you okay Megan?" I asked. My voice sounded sluggish in my ears but I knew I was speaking fine.

"Yeah I am Mark, really I am! I had gone to New York."

"I figured."

"Mark, I'm sorry I left you again! But I fucked up and got scared, but I'm on my way back little brother!"

"That's great sis." I said calmly.

"Yeah and know what Mark? I didn't end up doing anything else, I went to see the councilor that helped me the first time and she let me stay with her for a couple of days and even gave me gas money to get home! I should be there in about..."

"That's nice sis but I have to go." I told her.

"Mark?" Megan asked. "Are you okay? You sound funny."

"Never been better sis." I answered. "Know why?"

"Mark keep your mouth shut!"

"Why?"

"Because today is the day my sister, retribution is at hand."

"What the hell are you talking about Mark?" Megan asked then after a pause figured it out; "Mark, you're not going after Max are you?"

"Nope," I told her. "He's coming here any minute now Megan and I'm ready."

"Mark no!!" Megan yelled into the phone. "You can't do that! Wait for me Mark! We'll..."

"Sorry Megan, it's destiny."

"You don't know that Mark!"

"I do sis and I'm doing it for you too, Megan."

"What do you mean for me?"

"If I pass the test I can have anything I want Meg. Anything that means you'll be okay too sis, I'm doing it for both of us."

"Mark no! Listen little brother, you're not right, you need to wait for me to get there."

"I'm where I belong sis." I explained to her. "And so are you. See fate made you betray me so I would find Max, then it took you away so that I could go after him. Don't you see sis? You ran but nothing bad happened because it wasn't supposed to..."

"Mark please!"

Ignoring her I continued;

"Fate just needed you out of the way. Now I'll take care of Max and you'll be just fine sis! Just like it used to be."

"Mark don't do this! Get out of the house now! I'll meet you at..."

"Sorry sis, not even for you."

"Mark if anything happens to you I won't be able to live with myself, I..."

"This isn't about you sis. But while I have you, if anything does happen you can have my car and my class ring and ..." I laughed. "Hell you can have everything."

"Mark no!!!"

The sound of a horn came from outside the window.

"Mark let's go!"

"Oh please Mark!." Megan began to sob into the phone. "Oh please baby, don't do this to us!"

The horn blared again.

"I go to meet my destiny Megan."

"Mark..."

"Be well my sister," I said. "Your little brother loves you."

Hanging up the phone I reached behind it and pulled the cord out so she couldn't call back. The horn beeped twice more.

"I'm coming!" I said loudly.

"Oh yes we are! Oh yes we are!!"

As I walked down the stairs I felt as if I were moving through a dream; the whole thing seemed surreal, Megan's phone call, The Voice, Max outside waiting for me to come downstairs and lead him to his fate.

"This isn't a dream Mark! This is it!" The Voice exclaimed excitedly.

When I reached the landing and opened the door Max was standing a few feet away, looking up at the window upstairs watching for me. I noticed Max was wearing a decent pair of jeans for once, as well as a collared blue short sleeve shirt. I could even see that he had shaved and his normally greasy unkempt hair was slicked back.

"Dressed up to get messed up!!" The Voice giggled as if it had said something hilarious.

Just before I called to him I noticed Max was wearing a pair of black motorcycle boots with narrow tips similar to mine. Most guys Max's size couldn't kick but I would have to watch out for those just in case.

"Hey over here." I called.

Max turned and waved.

"Hey kid I thought you left." He said as he walked over to me in the doorway.

"I never walk away from money Max." I told him as I gestured towards the stairs. "C'mon up."

I turned and went back into the hallway. Max entered and as I locked the door behind him asked:

"What about your guy?"

"He beeps too; I never leave the door unlocked." I pointed at the other door next to Max. "That goes into the bar, I don't want any strays."

I walked up the stairs hearing Max's heavy footfalls behind me. As we reached the hallway Max looked around at the opposite side of the room from my apartment, that was just a frame with a doorway as Mitch had decided to only finish one apartment.

"Hey kid," Max began. "You know I do that kind of work, see if your landlord needs some help getting this place finished up."

I didn't answer and wasn't even quite sure what Max had said. All I could hear was a dull roaring sound in my ears. I focused and cleared it out; couldn't slip yet. I opened the door to my apartment and stood to the side for Max to enter.

"After you Max." I said smiling.

"Thanks."

As Max passed by me to enter I was once again struck by his sheer size. Towering over me and all but filling the doorway with his shoulders.

"No worries Mark, that dog's pretty fucking big too."

"Hey this ain't bad kid." Max said as he walked into the living room and started looking around. "Fucking hot as hell in here though."

"Air's broke." I said as I closed the door behind me and quietly slipped the bolt in place.

"What's that smell?"

"Incense."

Max grunted and pointed at the large picture of Anton Levey next to my bedroom door.

"Sick looking fuck no? Who is it?"

"Anton Levey," I answered. "Founder of the Church of Satan."

"Satan? Like the Devil you mean?"

"Exactly.

Max turned to look at me.

"You're a sick little fuck aren't you kid?"

"You don't know the half of it Max." I said grinning.

Max had turned back to the wall and was now looking at Megan's Cerberus painting.

"I know this," Max said. "It's that dog that guards Hell." He looked closer and added; "Hey it's not a picture, it's painted."

"My sister painted it." I said quietly.

"Yeah?" Max nodded. "She's pretty good." Turning back to me he said; "You know I didn't know you had a sister."

"I don't."

"But you just said..."

"She died a long time ago Max." I said looking straight into his eyes from across the room. "She got real sick and died."

"Oh shit kid that's lousy." Max said shaking his head.

"Yeah well life is pretty lousy in general, or else I wouldn't be making any money." I laughed. "Now on that note Max why don't you have a seat?"

"Nah," Max said still pacing. "I'm a little edgy, new deals make me that way, I'll just stand around."

"I don't know Max," I said smiling. "Something tells me you may find that chair over there pretty cozy."

Max glanced over and his eyes widened as he spotted the silver plate with its little white treasure sitting in the center.

"Well." He said walking over. "Now that you mention it."

As he spoke, Max started to sit in the chair that would put his back to the door.

"Other chair Max," I said calmly. "That's mine."

Max looked over his shoulder at me and shrugged.

"It's your house man." He said and, going around the coffee table, sat in the other chair. As he picked up the packet I saw that his hands were trembling.

"So your friend's been already?"

"No." I said taking the chair across from him. "I had that already."

Max looked up.

"You said Friday you didn't have anymore."

"I said no more with me, besides who cares, it's here now."

"So true."

Max laughed and, picking it up the razor blade, began cutting the coke into lines with a practiced skill that belied the size of his fingers. When he finished Max pulled a roll of money from his pocket and peeling off a twenty began to roll it up.

"He's coming though, right?" He asked.

"Yeah just running late, his pickup was behind, lucky for us we're the first stop."

As I spoke I put my left foot up on the coffee table, leg bent, after eying the distance I shook my head and, dropping my foot, pulled the chair a few inches closer then put my foot back up. Max did the first line and put his head up.

"Damn this is good stuff kid!" He exclaimed then slid the plate towards me. I shook my head.

"All yours Max, I don't use it, that's why I make money."

"Hey that's fine by me." Max said. "More for me!"

I lit a cigarette and smoked while I watched Max sniff the remaining lines. Once again everything was crystal clear to me, as if all my senses were heightened. I could hear the tip of the cigarette burning as I dragged on it. I could feel the blood running through my veins, my heart pumping slowly and powerfully. From across the table I could smell Max's body odor even under the incense and the cheap cologne he was wearing, could see the tiny individual beads of sweat along Max's brow. Oh yes, I was transforming; my body realizing its full potential. In the attic the dog sat behind the door expectantly. I took a long drag on the cigarette and, after holding it for a minute, exhaled slowly and blew a couple of smoke rings.

As I sat smoking I let my mind focus on what the rules would be. There was no doubt that Max was powerful and one hell of a street brawler. Max had six inches on me, which gave him a longer reach. Between that and his bulk, the small confines of the living room would cut down on my advantage of speed. Max was also going to be coked up, which was going to add to his power. Once, at the club, it had taken me and two other guys to bring down one nut bag that had done an entire eight ball before coming in. At one point I had given him a forearm shiver that hurt all the way up to my shoulder and he had responded by picking me up and throwing me through a table. Max was bigger than that guy by far.

As far as my speed and skill went, my speed I would use, as for skill although I knew a half a dozen ways to kill someone with one blow, today I would keep it to simple, punches and kicks, nothing fancy. I would dodge in and out and just keep snapping off quick blows. Hurting Max but not bringing him down. I would be like a matador and Max's death would be by a thousand cuts. All in all I had given Max as much of a chance to last as long as possible as I could, short of handing him a weapon. Which, speaking of, I looked down and noticed the razor blade next to the silver platter, I would have to get rid of that.

"Whew," Max exclaimed sitting back his blue eyes practically popping out of his head "This is what it's all about kid." There was one line left and I watched as Max looked at it as if wondering if he could handle it.

"Feel good Max?" I asked.

"Feel fucking great! Just fucking great."

"Well finish up then Max, there's more coming soon."

This time when Max looked up, not only were his eyes electric, but his face flushed as well; he was positively flying. As Max looked at me I slowly took what was left of the cigarette and ground it out into the palm of my hand. I felt nothing at all. Oh yes the time was almost at hand. Max had seen me put the cigarette out and shook his head.

"Damn kid, you are a little tapped aren't you?"

"I was taught to accept pain at a young age." I told him.

Max shook his head and then, licking the tips of his fingers, began to run them around the platter gathering anything his nose missed. As I watched, he brought his fingers to his mouth and started sucking on them.

"So Max." I began. "Seeing we got a couple of minutes we should talk."

"What about? Money?" Max asked looking up at me.

I shook my head.

"No I'm not worried about that, but you know Friday when you were asking questions? You know, worried about me?"

Max looked at me and I noticed he was still sniffing, as if he thought he might still have some somewhere.

"Hey kid nothin' personal, I just needed to make sure you were cool."

"And am I cool Max?" I asked.

"Yeah sure," Max answered. "Hell I'm jealous kid; you got a nice car, decent place, makin' some money, and I bet that little redhead takes damn good care of you. You got it made."

"Well you know Max I was just wondering if I can ask you something?"

"Sure, only fair I guess." Max leaned forward and, licking his finger again, began running it around the plate as if he had missed some the first time around.

"Well Max you said you did some time and I was wondering why?"

"Why you need to know?"

Max appeared to focus on me for the first time since he had started snorting.

"If we're going to be doing biz it's something I should know Max."

"Fine, it's like I said in the bar; I tried to buy from a narc and ended up doing three months."

I shook my head.

"No that's not true Max, or maybe it is, but there's something else isn't there?"

Max looked up from the plate again and seemed like he was getting pissed off.

"Look kid, just cause you're hooking me up doesn't mean I have to tell you anything."

"Then maybe I should tell you Max," I began. "Because, you see, I already know what you did three years for."

As I spoke our eyes locked. Max's looked as if they were bugging out of his head, and I knew mine were as black as sin.

"Do you now?" Max asked. "And what do you think I did kid?"

"Well, see," I started. "I heard a story, but you know I don't like to take others words and I figured since we were cool, I'd like to hear it from you."

"Does it matter?" Max asked looking around nervously.

"The reason?" I shook my head. "No. The honesty? Yes."

Max shook his head.

"Sorry kid that's my business, and I don't think you know anything."

"Okay," I said. "Let's try this; I heard it was because you whacked some kid around."

"That's bullshit." Max said, but his eyes told a different story.

"And I don't mean a kid like I'm a kid," I continued. "I mean a young one, barely a teenager."

I started to breath deeper as everything started slowing down even more.

"Ohhhh," The Voice breathed. "We are soooo close!"

"Hey listen," Max said. "I don't know what you heard, but it wasn't like that. I mean come on man, kids get out of control you know?"

"That they do Max." I nodded. "Always in your way, always talking, always crying, and getting into your shit. I understand."

"Yeah exactly, this one was like that."

"Heard you split his head open Max, landed him in the hospital, put him in a coma for a few days they say."

I was still speaking softly and remained perfectly still, barely even blinking.

"Look it was an accident; I mean sure, I meant to hit him, but well, you know when..."

"Heard it wasn't even your kid, he was some foster kid."

"Yeah you know those kids, they were trouble, you know what I mean?" Max grunted in disgust. "They were all messed up already. Especially this kid, fuck they paid me extra to take his retarded ass."

"But you knew what could fix him, didn't you Max?" I asked. "Is that it? You had to straighten his little state rat ass out right?"

Max looked at me oddly then shrugged.

"Those kids needed to be taught hard lessons."

I shook my head.

"Bet you don't even remember the kid's name do you Max?"

"Of course I do, that little shit." Max was getting louder now. "You're right, I did three years because he was where he shouldn't have been." He shook his head. "Fuck if I saw him now I'd kick his fucking ass again."

"Really?" I asked.

"Oh this couldn't get any better!!"

"Damn straight! That little fucker cost me my job and you know what? I had a good gig goin' with those foster kids! Nice fat check and everything."

Max shook his head and sighed as if saying those were the days.

"So when's this guy coming?"

"So what was it?" I asked.

I could feel it starting. My heart was beating faster and I could feel my muscles tensing.

"What was what?"

I rolled my eyes.

"The kid's name Max."

"Kid? Oh yeah it was Mark, kind of funny huh?"

I stared at him and smiled coldly.

"Fucking hilarious." Then said softly; "Hey Max why don't you take a good look at me again. Because you were right the other day; you do know me."

Max looked as if he were going to say something but instead stared at me intently. I smiled at him again and whispered;

"What's the matter Max?" I asked him. "Don't recognize me?" I smiled and added;

"How about a hint?" I paused and asked; "Am I still making too much noise for you?"

Max's eyes widened and in that moment he knew who I was.

"Whoa, hey listen kid." He started.

"By the way Max," I said quietly. "My sister is alive; I went to live with her after you almost killed me." I shook my head as I continued;

"How sick do you have to be to tell a kid his sister's dead? To beat him until he can't even cry anymore? To fuck him up so bad he can't sleep ten years later." I shrugged;

"You know Max you really should have hit me harder with that plate, I mean, sure you would have done more time if you had killed me, but then on the other hand you wouldn't be dying today now would you?

"Mark," Max began putting his hands up as if to say calm down, but I could see his muscles tensing getting ready to swing. "I think you got this wrong, I mean..."

"We've been waiting for you Max." I said.

"Hey listen kid, I think you're a little mixed up."

As he spoke Max's eyes dropped to the table, I followed his gaze to the razor blade next to the plate.

"I just have one question Max," I whispered. "Is it true people on coke don't feel pain?"

"Now!!!"

Without warning I brought my left leg up from the table and snapped a quick kick through Max's raised arms and directly into his face. The heel of my boot drove into his nose, breaking it. Had I used the full force of my leg the fight could have ended right there, but this was just a snap kick meant to stun. The second I threw the kick I leaned over, slapping the razor blade away with my right hand while grabbing the silver platter with my left. Quickly jumping to my feet I took a couple of steps back.

Max's head snapped forward as fast as it had snapped back, his hands going to his bloodied nose, he looked as if was in more shock than pain. He rose to his feet.

"You son of a..."

"Hey Max catch." I said and with a flick of my wrist threw the plate like a frisbee, it sailed across the few feet between us and, striking Max in the forehead, sent him sprawling back into the chair.

I took one step forward, and throwing a spin kick directly into his chest, knocked Max and the chair over, sending him spilling out of the chair and onto his stomach. I picked the chair up and as Max got up onto his hands and knees tossed it away. Stepping up to him I swept out with my left leg, kicking his hands out from under him. Max fell forward landing face first on the hardwood floor.

"Are you making a mess!?!" I yelled at him while kicking him in the side with the tip of my boot.

Max grunted and as he tried to rise again, I whipped my right leg up and back down, stomping on Max's head and pinning it to the floor.

lovecraft68
lovecraft68
22,290 Followers