Stray Prey Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He brushed his lips against the back of her knuckles in a most ancient gesture of chivalry that made smile. He couldn't remember being silly like this in a long time, if ever. It felt surprisingly nice though, to let go of worries and fear for a while and just bask in the attention of this enchanting girl in his arms. Being her hero, the man to save her, the man to make her smile. It was a dangerous feeling, laced with happiness, heady and addictive even but only for tonight, just for this one night, he wanted to take the risk.

"Adam. I think I will call you Adam."

He smiled approvingly, his eyes twinkling in the darkness.

"Adam. I like the sound of that. The first man."

My first and only, Rosaline thought wryly for a moment before scolding herself for the very idea. This was certainly no good time to develop dreams, much less foolish expectations. He had made it clear that he wasn't offering a relationship, much less a future. But still, she couldn't quite suppress the hope his words had sparked in heart.

"You know Adam, I have been thinking."

"What is on your mind, fair one?"

His fingers twirled around a lock of her hair absentmindedly, focusing on enjoying simply her closeness, her warmth, even if it was killing him.

The desire to be with her, to penetrate that last resolve of her feminine charms, to be united in the most ancient and bounding ways still had his heart pounding with need. But there was another hunger, a less powerful and much more fragile one growing inside him. The longing of a jaded man for the peace and warmth only the unconditional love of a woman could provide. It was a foolish hope, he knew, the circumstances anything but ideal, yet he couldn't deny the connection between them growing, reaching beyond the carnal delights their mating enticed with, turning into a deep yearning that passion alone could never sate.

"The man in the park ... who has attacked me ... I have him on my mind ever since."

The confession made him tighten his hold on her possessively, surprising him with the bout of jealousy rising in his heart.

"I was thinking, we should have called the police you know? I was so very lucky ... that you came along, that you saved me, but what about tomorrow night? When you won't be there? What about the next woman he will try to rape? What if she is not so very lucky and no one will be around to help her? I couldn't live with the idea of it being my fault too ... that the police might have arrested him before if I had just said something, you know?"

She felt him stiffen in her arms and then relax slowly.

"I know. And you are right of course. We should have called the police."

"At that time, it didn't even occur to me, everything happened so fast, it was so confusing. But I was wondering, tomorrow, in the morning ... do you think ... would you come to the station with me Adam? I am nervous about filing a report ... but still, someone should know, so that they can send out patrols or monitor the park more closely, something like that."

"You need to do what you feel is right, love. Your intuition won't lead you wrong. Whatever you decide to do, you have my support," he said finally, earning him a tender kiss and tight hug.

"Thank you so much Adam! That really means a lot to me."

"Let's get some rest, love, morning will break soon enough and you need to be fit and well- rested for tomorrow."

Tugging her head under his chin he wrapped his arms around her more tightly as the twilight of dawn started to illuminate the early morning sky. He felt her smile of contentment against his neck, felt her body melt into his and relax as wariness and exhaustion soon were taking over Rosaline's slender form.

A few more hours to hold her were all that he had been granted, he knew, no matter how soft and willing she might have felt in his arms during the night. Squinting against the disturbing light he turned his back to the window, shielding her from the first rays of sunshine.

Not yet. Just a few more moments, he whispered in a silent prayer, shutting his eyes tightly and letting out a shuddery breath. He listened to her breathing calming, growing shallow and slow against his bruised shoulder.

The darkness of the night, his protective friend, was fading to be replaced by the light of the day. Refusing to open his eyes he allowed his thoughts to drift back to the darkness, the intimate touches and feverish kisses they had shared.

Rose, his Rose. His but for a few more hours.

Half an hour passed before he finally drifted off to an uneasy sleep, already plagued by the sense of loss the morning would bring.

***

Author's Note: if you made it this far please take a moment to vote and let me know what you think. Your opinion is much appreciated and the best help to improve the story. Thank you! :-) - Corvinus

12