Susan, Josh and I

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear Alex
I'm sorry for letting things get so out of hand on Christmas Eve. I'm not sure what will happen between Josh and I, we've agreed to head in different directions for a while. I'd guess you never want to hear from me again and I understand and respect your decision.

Take care,

Susan.

I sniffled back some tears and wandered around the partly furnished house. It lacked any character at all now and I was miserably angry with myself for what had happened. I tore the second envelope open with such force that I ripped the letter inside in half and had to hold the two pieces together to read them.

Dear Alex
Christmas Eve marked the highest and lowest points of my life. I'm sorry for sneaking out and leaving you there, my feelings for Susan became blurred by the sex, by your encouragement of it and my own immaturity I guess. I'm very sorry for hurting you. The rent is paid until the end of February, the phone bill and electricity have been paid too. I want to see you again and I hope in time you will want to see me too. My number will never change.

I love you,

Josh

I dropped the note, sunk to the floor on top of it and howled in misery.

***

That was four years ago and as I said earlier, I've never seen nor spoken to them since. Now, with the passing of time, I hope that they stayed together, maybe got married and had kids. They were a good couple and I realised that the moment I saw them together in that café on that stormy evening. Maybe, deep down I always knew that and sabotaged my relationship with Josh to bring them together. It sounds almost noble that way, doesn't it?