The Bequest Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The ring sent a mild tingle through my finger and as I reached the front door, I heard Jessica call out "You snap 'em, I'll pose for 'em. But Au Natural will cost you extra, Mister." And I could hear her hearty laughter.

But, I could also feel the distinctive echo of arousal through the ring. Through my ring.

What are you hiding in there, ring. What did Dad know? What had Dad done? And what did it mean for me?

I opened my car door, tossed my photos inside and retrieved my camera from the backseat. Full charge on the battery. Empty memory card. Good.

I turned around and leaned against side of my car and looked through the viewfinder. I scanned the front yard, the trees, and then back to the house. I snapped a couple of pictures of the house.

I had no idea what this ring was meant for, or what it could do, but clearly Dad had thought it important for me to have it. I guess if he could read the emotions in other people... if he could have some sort of empathic link to them... then that might be a useful skill.

I suppose you could read a person lying. Know if they were sincere. Just makes for interesting possibilities.

Of course, if you could do more than read... if you could influence someone with the ring. Well, that could open up a whole new world well beyond that. I mean, who knows what that could turn into.

I looked toward the house, thought about the ring, and then concentrated on Jessica... wondered what she was doing, what she was feeling. There was a tingle from the ring and I had a very clear sense of confidence, contentment, a hint of curiosity, and just a smidge of arousal. That sense of arousal seemed, somehow, linked to me, sure... but also to the ring itself. It was almost like the ring recognized Jess. Knew her.

Well, that was interesting. I could even feel a sort of localizing of the emotions. I didn't so much see the emotions, as feel roughly where they were centered, and therefore where Jessica was in relation to me.

Cool.

Now, could I push... or pull... those emotions? I thought of Jessica gathering things in the kitchen. Then I could feel the sense of confidence that she exuded. I stoked that just a bit. I thought of it like a fire in a grate. Blow on the embers and the flames heat up. I wasn't quite sure, but it seemed to have some effect. I felt her confidence, her sense of control, jump... just a bit.

I'm definitely going to have to give this some attention.

Stepping away from the car, I re-entered the house and called out, "Got it. I'm ready if you are?"

Jessica stepped into the living room, basket in hand, and said, "Nice, Mr. Kodak. I'm just going to change into some shorts. It's a little warmer today than I thought it would be. You mind?"

"Of course not, Jessica. Make yourself comfortable. I'll just have a seat."

"Oh, no need to do that. Here" she handed the basket (which was a bit heavier than I had expected) to me and walked into the bedroom. She stepped back out almost immediately, holding a pair of khaki shorts. She kicked off her shoes and said, "I'm not shy, hon. You should know that by now."

I stood there holding a picnic basket and felt, through the ring, her sense of confidence unwavering as she quickly unzipped her capris, slid them down and stepped out of them. She was wearing a pair of beige panties. Nothing, fancy. Everyday wear. Without skipping a beat she picked up the shorts, stepped into them, buttoning and zipping as she went. Slipping her shoes back on, she looked up at me and without seeming to feel that anything unusual had just happened she took the basket from me.

Well... that was new. And, though clearly her demeanor was simply a person changing clothes, her emotional echo had shifted just a bit. That confidence level was still high, but the arousal echo... well, that had just moved. Eversoslightly... but there was definitely something moving in Jess.

And in me.

Dad, what the hell did you give me. In this ring. And possibly in this woman.

12