The Hunters Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ArtForm
ArtForm
1,148 Followers

Logan had followed close enough to keep them in sight but far enough for his scent not to reach the abductor. He had slowly swum through the water instead of staying on land so that his scent would be obscured by the water currents.

Then he saw it; a big unmarked boat that took his Alpha and his abductor away. He had tried to follow it, swimming continuously for hours but once he reached the mouth of the ocean, the currents were against him and tired him out.

When he got back on land and regained his strength, he had only one thing on his mind- he was going to go home and interrogate his prisoner and demand that she tell him where Leon might be. He wouldn't hesitate to get rough with her even though he knew she was his mate.

As such, it outraged him even more when he found out that his mother had let his woman go.

"What do you mean you let her go?" he roared.

"She would be better at finding either of you! I had to, Logan," she roared back.

"She's a freaking accomplice to his abduction Mom! She has got to know where they took Dad! Oh god... I can't take this..." Logan said, combing his fingers through his hair.

Lilith kept quiet. She knew that her son was still trying to come to terms with the fact that he was effectively their pack's leading Alpha now that Leon has disappeared.

"Logan baby... you're a strong and brave man. I believe in you. Your pack believes in you. You can do this," Lilith said kindly.

Logan calmed down and gave his mom a smile before going out to gather his best trackers and fighters for what he considered the most difficult rescue mission yet.

***

In her own room, Anya was meditating. She had to block out all the negativity that she's been exposed to in the past few hours. She was going to try to get into her sister's consciousness. Since young, the twins found out that they had an amazing psychic connection that allowed them to convey thoughts to each other and to see through each other's eyes. Her father had helped them perfect this skill but had forced them to keep it a secret. He wanted it to be a safety mechanism for them; a means of communication that was impenetrable to Vampiric mind reading and thus cannot be accessed by other Hunters or the three Pureblood Elders.

Anya maintained her concentration and seeked out her sister's consciousness. They had promised to only use this technique in desperate times and to Anya, this was one of them.

When she opened her eyes, she was surprise to find herself surrounded by women and clothes.

"My Lady, this certainly looks beautiful on you."

Anya looked appreciatively at her sister's reflection in the mirror.

"Oh Marie... do you think it's too much?" she heard herself saying. Aurora didn't seem to be aware of Anya's intrusion in her mind.

"It's beautiful Aurora..." Anya said in her mind. Aurora gasped when she heard the voice that sounded like her own. Anya felt her eyes being closed and heard her sister's calling to her.

"An... Anya?" she asked timidly.

"Where are you Honey?"

"I... I don't know..." she whispered. Turning to Marie, she asked with a puzzled expression. It just occurred to her that she couldn't seem to recall where she was.

"Where are we, Marie?"

"Pardon, my Lady?" she asked, surprised.

"What city is this?"

"We are in Manchester... my Lady... are... are you alright? Shall I call for Lord Russell?"

Anya abruptly broke the connection. She had heard enough. She knew where her sister could be now.

Heading to Aurora's room, she looked for her sister's notes on Russell. She knew the target was a high profiled Vampire but she hadn't had the chance to study the details. She should have paid more attention when Aurora was complaining about her missions.

Aurora's computer was very well organized. She had placed all her data in alphabetical order. As Anya scanned all targets with names starting with 'R', she thought about what had just happened. It seems like this Lord Russell might have altered her sister's subconscious somehow. She needed to confirm this once Aurora is back home.

When she found the file, Anya sat down at the desk chair and began reading through Aurora's notes. The target had a few houses all over Europe but frequented London and Paris the most. Manchester City was not stated as one of his residences. Anya figured it must be a sort of safe house for him; a haven from the public gaze.

She brought up a map of Manchester on the computer screen and began planning the best route to hunt down her target. When she was through, she sat down and began to plan her method of assassination.

***

The moment she landed in Manchester, Anya checked out the rentals at the airport. She wasn't satisfied that they didn't have the motorcycles of her preference. None of the ones offered were able to outrun a Vampire. Nonetheless, she rented the fastest motorcycle they had and made her way to the crowded streets of Manchester City. She was going to locate the boutique she saw Aurora in. From there, she will try to pick up the scent of the common Vampire that accompanied her.

It took her almost half the day to locate the boutique. She had recalled that it sold a designer label, so she had gone into almost every boutique in the area until she found the one she was looking for.

"Hi! You're back so soon Lady Russell? I assure you that we will deliver your dress in time for the event."

"Oh, I apologize. I've been so frantic to make sure everything's alright you see. I'm sure you understand. If I could, may I confirm that you've gotten my address right? I've had a courier the other day that sent my roses to the wrong address. Can you believe that?" she replied. She was trying her best to play the part as a Lady but she was sure that Aurora would have sounded flirtier.

"Here you go, my Lady. And if I may so say, I think this new hairstyle suits you very well!"

Anya simply looked at the retail assistant and smiled sweetly at him. She had to keep her excitement at finding the address to herself.

When she left the boutique, Anya decided it was time.

***

She had chosen to park her bike a few meters outside the Russell compound. Even then, it took her less than a minute to cover the few acres of land surrounding the main house.

When she finally came to the door, she knocked and wasn't surprised to find a butler opening it. She was considering rushing past him but instead, she was greeted with a smile.

"Oh, my Lady! You're home early. I wasn't expecting you to finish all your shopping so soon. By the way, I love your haircut." He paused to let her in. "Lord Russell is in his study if you need him."

As the butler walked away, Anya realized that this could be advantageous for her. Obviously Aurora was not home yet or else the butler would have been alarmed. She didn't know how much time she had before Aurora came home but she was going to take her chance. She could kill the target and then wait for her sister to come home.

Furthermore, the common level Vampire servants would be easy to outmaneuver should they put up any resistance.

Anya needn't be told where the study was for she could smell the Pureblood so strongly from where she was. Climbing the stairs as quietly as she could, she entered his study.

Kyros was unaware when she came in and was stunned for a moment when he saw a beautiful brunette at his door. Smiling, he got up from his chair and walked towards her.

She had cut her hair, he noted and was dressed in a leather skin suit. She looked different yet so similar at the same time.

"I see you did your shopping," he said with a smile as he caressed her cheeks and brought his lips closer to hers.

Anya allowed his lips to come close to about an inch before she disappeared and appeared directly behind him, with a knife at his throat.

"Aurora my love... what is the meaning of this?" he asked calmly. Anya knew he was going to hypnotize her if she'd let him continue his sweet talk.

"Shut up," she said, pressing the blade closer to his throat, drawing blood. She knew that it would heal in an instant but she was merely trying to make a point.

"Baby... I'm sorry... I really am..." he said. Anya didn't feel like listening to him anymore. She was about to severe his head in one quick slash when the door burst open and Aurora rushed in.

"Oh my goodness! Anya, No!" she shrieked.

Comprehension dawned on Kyros and he used the moment of confusion to disappear from Anya's grip and reappeared beside the real Aurora.

"Stay away from her!" Anya shouted. She had whipped out two guns from the holsters inside her boots and pointed them to Kyros's head.

"I'm sure you know those bullets can't kill me..." he said patiently.

"No... but they can kill her," she replied; shooting a bullet aimed directly below Aurora's collarbone. It was a bluff, but she needed a chance to grab her sister and go.

When Aurora started to fall to her knees at the shock and pain, Kyros panicked and bent down to help her but Anya had been fast; gathering Aurora into her arms and jumped out off the open window.

She made a dash out of his lands and was pleased when she made it to her bike without a scratch.

It was then her ears picked up the rushing sounds of the winds, indicating that Kyros was chasing after them. Revving the motorcycle to life, she sped on; aware that the Vampire was going to gain on her even at the bike's fastest speed.

True to her guess, Kyros soon came up beside her; his fangs in full view and his eyes the colour of blood. Annoyed, Anya clutched her sister tighter with one hand, let go of the bike handles for a second to reach for her blade.

It was a short blade hidden at the side of her forearm. Anya focused on her target and threw the blade, aiming for his head but to her surprise, Aurora had kicked it away. Her wound had healed by now and she was struggling with her sister for release.

"No Aurora!" she shouted when her sister broke free and slipped away from her hands; landing onto the ground behind her. At a speed of 180km/h, Anya couldn't stop her bike fast enough so she simply jumped off and let the bike crash into the nearby trees.

Aurora was lying on the ground facing up. She wasn't injured but she had the most annoyed look on her face when Anya came up beside her.

"Why'd you do that for Anya? Trying to hurt Ky like that! He's your brother-in-law for godsake! What's gotten into you?"

Anya widened her eyes and simple stared at her sister. She faintly heard her sister rambling on but her eyes had gone to slits now as understanding washed over her. Turning her head sharply to the sound of wings, she came face to face with the Pureblood Vampire. His fangs were still out and his eyes a piercing amalgamation of blood-red and topaz.

Anya stared at him with much anger on her face. She still had one more gun tucked in her shoulder holster. She didn't hesitate to pull it out and point to his face.

"Perhaps you should stop trying to kill me... or you'll hurt your sister." She heard him saying in her mind.

"Why'd you do it..." she snapped back.

"I had to. Maybe I'll explain it to you... if you'd lower that gun down."

"No."

"Yes you will..." snapped Aurora who had gotten to her feet by now and was pushing her sister's hand down. Kyros was shocked for a moment when he realized that Aurora could hear what Anya had heard in her head too.

"I'm sorry my love. I didn't mean to exclude you from our little... conversation."

"Did you do something Ky that made Anya so angry? You must have done something."

"We'll talk when we're home. Come, my sister... we shall make our way home now," he said to Anya, emphasizing the word 'sister'. Anya felt her body reluctantly following his orders, even as her mind screamed at him.

They waited till a car came to fetch them. The butler who had opened the door earlier was staring at the three of them in disbelief.

"Don't worry Sebastian, it's not your fault. This is my sister, Anya. She'll be my guest, staying with us for a few days," said Aurora with a smile on her face. Anya rolled her eyes in annoyance.

***

Back in the Russell Residence, Anya was shown to her room by her sister.

"Aurora... you are in great danger. We have to go."

"What danger, Anya? I'm with Ky... there's nowhere else that's more safe!"

"Oh god... this is taking forever. Look here Aurora... that man whom you call husband is a Vampire."

"So am I!"

"No you're not! You're a Hunter!" Anya hissed.

"A what? Oh you mean before I got married?" she asked cheerfully.

"You don't hunt for birds or deer, Aurora... you're a fighter, a tracker and above all you and I are the best Hunters for the Order. Don't you remember all this?"

Even as she took in the information she was hearing, Aurora shook her head slowly but kept silent.

"No, no... you're confusing me... everything and everyone is confusing me!" said Aurora finally before running out of the room.

A few minutes later, a knock came at her door and in came Kyros. He didn't bother to wait for her response to let him in.

"I was going to make love to you when I saw you at my door earlier this evening. But it seems I have been mistaken of course. My apologies. You both have an uncanny resemblance and without a scent, you're both undistinguishable. Of course, I'd suggest a threesome, but that'd just make you balk," he said with a sly smile at the corner of his mouth.

"You piece of scum!" Anya said between gritted teeth as she threw a pillow at him.

"I'm just kidding! Seriously! You're totally the opposite of your sister. She's so sweet and demure and bubbly."

"You made her that way."

"I only altered her memories. I didn't alter her personality. I know you're going to think this sounds stupid but your sister is special to me. I've been considering Siring her but I've put that off because I need to get to the bottom of the truth about her first. Now that you're here, you're going to tell me."

"First of all... you've got to stop with that hypnotic thing. You've got to stop trying to make me tell you anything. Secondly, I'm here to terminate you, which I'm sure you know by now. So there is no need for you to know any information since you're going to die."

"And leave your poor sister a widow? Please..." he said, moving towards the window. "I'm sure you are aware that once a memory has been erased and altered, there is no way to reverse that process? You're going to hurt Aurora a lot and I cannot bear that thought."

"Stop using my sister as a shield. She will have to learn of her true nature sooner or later."

"I am aware that you and your sister are both Hunters."

"That doesn't mean a thing."

"No, it doesn't. Knowing what you are doesn't make it any easier. I don't understand why you both are sent here to kill me. I chanced upon some information regarding your kind. Perhaps you will be willing to negotiate with me?" he asked.

"What good would this knowledge be for me?"

"Not everything is always about you, Anya. Like I said, I deeply care for your sister. I will write a will tomorrow signing off everything I have in her name as proof of my feelings for her."

Anya kept silent and looked at the man standing in front of her. There was no chance of her killing her tonight. She might as well learn what he knows and then plan her next attack.

"Fine."

"Thank you. I promise you that after my plan falls through, I will let you kill me, if that is still your wish. And yes, I will give your sister everything I ever owned, legally. I will have my lawyer here tomorrow morning, with you as a witness."

"What's the plan?"

"Not so fast... you've got to tell me first about yourselves, who you work for and why you were sent to kill me."

"Fine. We're a specially designed prototype that has been engineered to incorporate all the strengths of the strongest species. We are given missions to carry out, according to our seniority and to our combat abilities. Some of us are trained only for reconnaissance while others are trained as spies. Aurora and I are trained mostly for assassination. You were apparently singled out as a threat to our organization and thus, you have to be terminated."

Kyros listened and considered her carefully.

"Who gives the orders?"

"We do not know. We always receive our orders in the form of letters from the organization."

"I don't believe you."

"Believe what you want. Now it's your turn to deliver your end of the bargain."

"I am a Pureblood. No one delivers my death warrant and expects to come out of it alive. We Purebloods have a code- If one of us wishes to kill another, he or she must do so formally; a duel is set between the two Purebloods. The first to severe the other's head wins."

"That is such an ancient system."

"Well... nowadays we've relaxed the code a little to include dueling in the arts of sports or finance or we could even settle our disputes in court. We are a civilized species, mind you. But the bottom line stays the same. If you are unhappy with someone, you let them know formally and the method and mode of dueling is set."

"And your point being?"

"Whoever's on top, giving orders- I'm going to kill them all."

"No!" Anya found herself shrieking.

"Ah... so you do know who's on top."

"Why you bastard..."

"If I kill them all, you and your sister will be free won't you? No more need to follow orders... you can lead your own lives."

Anya wished she could say yes. She wished it was that simple. Perhaps if there were no rules, she could give Logan and his mate thing a chance. Maybe even, Aurora could be genuinely happy. But killing the Order would mean killing her father too.

"I am sorry, Kyros but that offer is unacceptable."

"Then I am sorry Anya that I cannot allow you to kill me. If you still wish to do so, I will take that as a formal request for a duel. You may not be a Pureblood, but I will accord you the same honour as one because you are the sister of my lover."

As the stood glaring at each other, they were aware of the movements of something big and fast coming towards the main house. Anya closed her eyes and sigh.

A lone wolf stood at the front of the house, his loud howl piercing the silence of the night.

***

ArtForm
ArtForm
1,148 Followers
12