The Return Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
muirmadra
muirmadra
545 Followers

Geoff had to ask the question burning within him. "Sarah, about Rebecca, you mentioned she never knew her father..."

Sarah quickly placed her fingers against his lips. "Shhh, let me talk."

She closed her eyes for second and then opened them to stare at Geoff. "Geoff, I've only been with two men in my life. The first one I loved. The second one tried to rape me. Geoff...Becky is your daughter."

Geoff choked back a sob and gazed at his former fiancée. "But how? The last time we made love, I pulled out."

She smiled at him, caressing his cheek with the palm of her hand.

"Obviously, not in time. Geoff, if you look into her eyes, you'll see yourself staring back. She has her father's eyes. And Julie snagged some strands of your hair from your brush you left behind. When Rebecca was born, I had a DNA test done. Please believe me, you are her father." By now Geoff was sobbing, his face hidden within his hands. Sarah moved closer and laid her arm across his shoulders.

"I wasn't there for you and I wasn't there for my little girl. I failed the two women that mean the most to me."

"Hush..., you didn't fail us. I never told you. I didn't know I was pregnant until six weeks after you took off. Your father refused to tell anyone where you'd gone. He finally told everybody he really didn't know where you went or what you were doing. But, your mother did. She had Mr. Dean keep an eye on you and, behind your father's back—or so he thought, would tell your mother of your latest accomplishments. But, for some reason, when you were sent overseas...his contacts would say your whereabouts were classified. By the time he was able to glean any further information about you, you were out of the service and had vanished."

"After you parents disappeared, he hired a top private investigation firm. They were the ones that finally discovered your location. Fearing it may lead to a dead end, Mr. Dean wouldn't tell us so he personally flew out to Jamaica. And now you're here."

Staring at the moon, Geoff whispered, "I have a daughter."

Sarah smiled and hugged her daughter's father. "Yes, you have a beautiful little girl with her mother's hair and her father's eyes and, sad to say, his personality."

Turning to Sarah, he said, "Sarah, can you ever forgive me? Can you find it in your heart to love me again? If not now, maybe sometime in the future? I've never stopped loving you. I have to be honest with you, I...I've been with other women. But, I never could form any lasting relationship. You were always there, in my mind and heart."

Smiling and tears cascading over her cheeks, Sarah cried, "Geoff, I never stopped loving you. I prayed that someday you would return to me, to us and become my loving husband and father to Rebecca."

Geoff watched as she took hold of the silver necklace around her neck. Pulling the necklace away, a small object slipped out from beneath her blouse. She grasped the tiny object and held it toward him. In her palm was the engagement ring he had given her seven years ago.

He snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her tightly against him. His other hand gently touched her cheek as he leaned in and kissed her soft lips.

Sarah sighed, her arms around him. She tenderly ran her fingers through his thick wavy hair. She opened her mouth and slipped her tongue into his. He felt her breasts pressed against his chest, his free hand caressing their outer curve.

Finally they reluctantly pulled apart catching their breaths. "I will never leave you again! I will always be here for you and Rebecca, my love." Sarah could see the concern and sincerity in his eyes.

"I know," she softly answered and kissed him once more.

They slowly walked back to the house and, holding each other, stood on the veranda a few minutes. Finally, Sarah said, "I have to get back. Rebecca will be waiting for me.

"Why don't you and Becky move in here?" Geoff asked.

Sarah sighed and said, "Geoff, remember...Becky doesn't know about you yet. Plus, we're not married. It wouldn't look right. First thing tomorrow, she needs to meet her father."

"Sarah, I don't know if I can wait that long! I just found out I have a daughter. I need her mother to be with me and I need my daughter in my arms! I need both Becky and you and never let go."

Sarah smiled and held him tight against her. "Don't worry darling, we will be."

"Mom, what's going on? Why is Uncle Geoff kissing you? Why are you hugging Uncle Geoff?"

Rebecca stood just off the patio.

"Rebecca Anne! What are you doing here? Where is your Aunt Julie?"

"Uh... 'pant'... right here." Julie had come tearing around the corner of the house until she finally caught up to her young niece. "Becky, you were supposed to wait by the car!" Staring up at Sarah and her brother she said, "Becky forgot her jacket and demanded we go back to get it. I didn't think it would be a problem if we snuck in and grabbed it."

"Mom, what did Uncle Geoff mean when he said needed me and you and wouldn't let go? Why would he say he needed his daughter in his arms?"

Concern shone in the little seven year old's face. Sarah knelt on one knee and held her arms out, beckoning for her daughter. Rebecca ran into her mother's arms and held her, Sarah running her hand through Becky's golden locks.

"You told him?" Julie exclaimed.

Sarah looked up and nodded.

"Well?" said Julie staring at her brother.

"Well what?" he said in return.

"Are you going to make an honest woman of her...finally? Become the father you should have been the last seven years? Are you going to marry her, you moron?"

"Julie!" exclaimed Sarah. There will be enough time for..."

"Save me the bullshit, Sarah. Do you want this idiot for your husband or not?"

Becky giggled and said, "Aunt Julie said a bad word."

Sarah gazed at Geoff. "Yes, you know I do."

"Okay then Geoff do you still love Sarah? Do you want to marry this chowder head that, for some godforsaken reason, waited for your return? Do you want to be this little pixie's father?"

"Julie, you know I do and would if she would have me."

Julie stared at the three of them, Becky still not understanding what was going on.

"Okay then...tell her!"

Geoff looked down at the two most important women in his life. Sarah looked at him and then Becky.

"Rebecca, I have to..."

"Wait, let me tell her," said Geoff.

Kneeling down alongside Sarah, Geoff took one of Becky's hands and gazed lovingly at this precocious little girl. "Becky, your mother and I want to tell you something. I am your..."

"My father?" The little freckle-faced elf smiled up at him.

Surprised, Geoff asked, "How did you...know?"

"Come on Dad, Mom has always talked about you since I could remember. She has your photo everywhere and would always cry when she looked at them. But the main reason, Dad, is we have the same eyes. You, Aunt Julie and me...we all have Grandma's eyes. When I saw your picture, I thought maybe you might be my daddy. Then, when I saw you the first time with Aunt Julie, I was sure you were my dad."

"Why didn't you ever say anything, baby?" asked Sarah.

"Because, Mom. You were always crying every time you looked at his picture. I didn't want to upset you."

By this time, both Sarah and Geoff were in tears. Becky flung her arms around both of them and said, "Really Mom, it's okay. I'm happy Uncle Geoff is my dad."

Behind them, Julie started bawling, Neville holding her in his arms.

"Jesus give me strength," said Neville. "And, this is the McKenzie family my folks are so envious about." Julie struck him in the arm giggling. Soon, they were all laughing.

Geoff, still holding Sarah and Becky, looked into Sarah's eyes. He gently took the necklace from her neck. Removing the ring from the necklace, he held the precious object in his hand and asked, "Sarah, will you marry me?"

Sarah cried, "Yes! Oh, yes...I will marry you, Geoff McKenzie!" as he, once more, slipped the ring over her finger.

(To be continued...)

muirmadra
muirmadra
545 Followers