The Vetting Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JayDavid
JayDavid
651 Followers

*****

Epilogue

For a while, it looked like confirmation was actually going to be an issue. Fox News kept bringing up her family's past, and the details of her relationship, years before he met the First Lady. Even some of the MSNBC folks pointed out some environmental issues that our companies had not dealt with well over the years. Not to mention her lack of experience in the job.

But her appearances before Congress were a work of art. She had the Senators and Representatives eating out of her hand by the end, which was no surprise to someone who had fallen under her spell years before, and remains there to this day. And when Senator Padgett crossed the aisle and came out strongly in favor of her, telling his story of how he had doubts about her years ago, but that she proved to be honest, hardworking, moral and brilliant, the opposition from the right crumbled, and she was confirmed unanimously.

As expected, she has done a great job, probably better than the President could have guessed, and there are even rumblings of Raspoli for President Committees being started. She has promised me, though, that she wants to get back to work, get back to our family, maybe even have another child, and that she has no interest in becoming the Leader of the Free World.

She's never lied to me. Admittedly, there have been times that she hasn't told me the whole truth, but that's different. Right?

JayDavid
JayDavid
651 Followers