They Walk Among Us Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey Skipper, I'm glad to see you out with the little people for a change, the O-Club getting a little stuffy these days?" he joked with him.

"Nice to see you too Vasquez, did you bring Doc Sharp with you?"

"Nope, he's taking a siesta."

"That's too bad V-man. It would be nice to have him here, so he could pull my foot out of your ass."

"Um – point taken Sir," V-man replied as he sat back in his chair.

Kevin gave a silent chuckle and then leaned over to his friend and teammate. When he reached up and turned Dan's head, he pretended to inspect his face.

"I'm not Doc, but I don't think your chin will bruise V."

V-man pulled his face back. "Shut up Kev. I was just trying to make conversation."

Neal Hawkins looked around for the server, and when he saw her, she was busy with the other tables. Since it would be a while for service, he decided to take matters into his own hands.

"It might be awhile for some service, so I guess I'll buy and fly. Hold down the Fort and I'll be right back," Hawkins told the two SEALs, then left to find the bar.

Kevin scanned the area in search of anyone he knew. His curiosity perked, when his eyes came upon a brown haired man in his mid thirties, staring at him and Dan. He found it odd that out of all these people, he would be watching a couple of men in PT gear.

He dismissed the man when something else caught his senses. Adam Dawson was leading Kristine through the horde. When they reached it, Adam looked around at the crowd, and then down to Kevin.

"Someone having a birthday party?"

"Hi Adam, I think they're having strippers later, so everyone is just waiting," Kevin told him.

The two of them sat down and asked if they had beers coming yet. When they found out that Neal Hawkins was buying the first round, they sat back and waited. In true SEAL form, Adam began scanning the room. His eyes came to rest on a man who was reading a newspaper, but then he looked over the top of it at the group of SEALs.

"What's the matter Honey, do you see someone you know?" Kristine asked.

"Check out that guy over there. Does it seem odd for someone to be reading a newspaper in a crowded bar?

"Everyone has there own thing they like to do. Maybe after we're done here I can show you what I like to do," she said as she breathed softly in his ear.

His thoughts were lost when Hawkins returned with a tray full of beers. Setting the heavy tray down, he started passing out the ice cold drinks.

"Nice of you guys to finally show up. What kept ya?" Hawkins asked.

"Sorry Neal, something came up at the last minute that I had to take care of ."

Kevin heard the comment from Dawson and looked over at Kristine. She blushed brightly and looked at Kevin, then mouthed the words for him to shut up. He had a big smile on his face as he tried not to laugh at her.

They sat around talking about different things that had to do with work. After about twenty minutes, Kristine was getting bored and grabbed her purse.

"If you guys are just going to sit here and talk about work all day, I think I'll find my way to the bar and see if something more interesting is happening."

"Hey come on, sit down Kristine. We'll change the subject and we can talk about anything you want to," Adam told her as he put his hand over hers on top of the table.

This small gesture didn't go unnoticed by Hawkins. He had his suspensions that maybe something might be going on with the two of them. Whenever he saw them together, they seemed to be two different people. Dawson was always business, but never when she was around.

"Well, didn't Kevin say he had some news to tell us?" she said, as she looked at Kevin.

Kevin filled them in on the deed to Predjama castle and his mom's reaction to the news. They were all happy for the family, but Kristine was particularly interested.

"So is your mom going there for a vacation?" she asked.

"Yeah I think so. Most of the bullshit over there is calming down and she really wants to find out more about the Dvorska side of the family. Maybe since you know so much about it, we can take some time off and head up there."

"Oh I'd love to Kevin. I think it would be great to meet your mom." Kristine replied just as a server came up to clear the table of empty bottles.

Kevin noticed the blond haired woman quickly and instantly became attracted to her beauty. She stood maybe five foot tall and young, probably eighteen or nineteen, with a slender build. He knew most of the staff here, but couldn't remember seeing her before.

"You must be new here, I don't remember seeing you before," Kevin said with a smile.

"Oh I just started a couple of days ago. This is my first weekend shift and I sure hope it's not always like this. It's hard to keep everyone served," she replied.

"This is not a normal day. Usually it's a lot more subdued so hang in there."

V-man leaned over and looked at her. "Since you're here though, how about another round?"

"Yes Sir, I'll be back in just a few minutes."

"You don't have to call me Sir, I work for a living," Vasquez said with a smile.

He immediately saw the look that Hawkins and Adam gave him. His smile faded fast as he realized his mistake.

"Sorry Skipper, I'll just go find Doc to help me with that case of athletes' mouth."

The young blond woman set the tray down and started writing on her note pad. Kevin wanted to help his teammate so he decided to change the subject.

"Um – pardon me, my name's Kevin, and the guy with his foot in his mouth is Dan. What's yours?"

"Oh I'm sorry, it's Laura."

"Well Laura it's nice to meet you," Kevin said cheerfully and then extended his hand.

Adam and Kristine smiled at Kevin. Maybe this was the start of him coming out of his funk about women. Neal Hawkins looked on in approval; he knew Martina Duval had hurt the young SEAL badly. The satisfying thing was, she was currently rotting away in prison.

Laura smiled at him with her youthful face and bright brown eyes. She extended her hand and grabbed Kevin's softly.

Like a bolt of lightning, all of Kevin's senses flashed unexpectedly. It was as if the secretive werewolf inside him was suddenly straining to get out. In a panic, he bolted upright and pulled his hand back. There was a large crash, as the empty beer bottles went tumbling across the table.

Everyone at the table moved back and grabbed the flying glass. Adam stared in disbelief at his friends actions. Laura had another look, it was one of sadness, as she reached down and filled her tray up again.

"Um – I sorry, I'll take these away and be back shortly with your drinks," she said.

When she left, Hawkins pulled his chair back towards the table and stared at Alpha's point man.

"What the hell was that about Dvorska? I've never seen someone so fucking jumpy from just shaking hands," Hawkins asked Kevin who was still standing up.

"Um – sorry Skipper, I – uh – just had a cramp. I need to head to the restroom and clean up a bit. Excuse me, I'll be right back." Kevin left quickly and headed to the other side of the club.

"I think I'll go have a chat with Dvorska in private and teach him what to do when a pretty thing like that smiles at you," Hawkins said.

"Skipper, he's been through a lot lately. I'll go check on him," Adam said quickly and then took off after Kevin.

Adam entered the restroom and found Kevin Dvorska splashing water on his face with shaking hands. He quickly checked the stalls to see if they were alone and then placed his hand on his young friends back.

"You ok Kev?"

Kevin looked at his Team Leader's reflection in the mirror.

"Christ Adam, it was like every one of my senses suddenly sparked all at once. I've only felt that happen one other time in my life. The night Kordic walked into that pub in Predjama."

"You're shitting me right? That little thing is a fucking werewolf?" he asked in amazement.

"I don't think so. If she were, I would have sensed her when we first walked into the club. This happened when she touched me. Jesus, my heart's racing and my stomach is doing summersaults."

"I may not be an expert on werewolves, but I think you just fell in love."

"Oh knock it off Adam. I'm being serious here, there's something up with that girl. It sure feels like danger to me."

Adam talked to Kevin for a few more moments, then they walked back to join the others. He was genuinely concerned for his point man. He'd known him for almost six months now, and since then, he'd never seen him more nervous than just now.

Well everyone, I hope you found it easier to read without all the he said, she replied tags. I tried to use them sparingly. As always let me know what you think, but remember, you know I like to throw many twists in the plot. Don't forget to vote and I'll get the next chapter out as fast as I can.