All Comments on 'Thorne Ch. 09'

by kalamazoo707

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nice

I loved the way you introduced Justine into the story. I can't wait to see what happens next. Thank you for such a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great Way To Spend Saturday Morning!

Love this! Thanks for not getting all gruesome with the murders.

Iread2relaxIread2relaxabout 11 years ago
About time

Glad he called Eustace. They both need help. Excellent chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great story

This is a geat story. Love that Justine was written in. I also love how Barb is starting to see reason. Looking forward to Noel learning about his mate. Cliff hanger is what happened between Thorn and the Sinclares. Don't leave me on the cliff for long.

fluerfluerabout 11 years ago
BEST CHAPTER EVER!!!

Kal, you've got the magic touch. Everthing you write is golden.

Harry's death was the ultimate high. He was so smug. Nadine won in the end. She didn't let fear prevent her from moving on and having a life with Leon.

As for Rufus, he is the real monster. Killing his wife, protege and putting a hit on his own daughter. His little organization is unravelong. People are beginning to see Rufus for who he truely is.

Although Barb is driving me batty I have hope she will change. She will never be a typical LEAVE IT TO BEAVER MOM; there is a part of her that wants to be loved. Barb is high stung and materialistic but she does have concious. Thare is a battle going on within Barb, its just a gambel over which Barb -- good Barb or evil Barb.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Happy about this chapter

I have never believed Barb was unredeemable. I also think Thorne has gotten off lightly up to this point-- he's a sexy bad boy while she's a gold digging bitch. Nope, he is an ass who used Barb to lash out at his mother and the Sinclaires. He does need therapy and I hope he learns in therapy that while he may never love his mate, he will be an inadequate father if he can't respect Barb.

Your writing is great. You are an excellent story teller!

marlam5marlam5about 11 years ago
Great as ever!!!!!!!!!!

Great as all your stories.

Thanks for sharing your talent

AriesPantherAriesPantherabout 11 years ago
Brilliant

Yet again you've out done yourself. I've said it before and have No Problem Repeating it. You Are a Wonderful Brilliant Writer. Everything I've Ever read of yours has Moved me. To the point I'm an addict and You're My Drug of Choice.

It's All so Beautiful. I want to be transported into your stories. Much more Fun than Real Life.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR TALENT IT'S GREATLY APPRECIATED

Stephan10caStephan10caabout 11 years ago
Excellent

Great work Kalamazoo! I'm also glad to see Justine back. I wondered if she would make an appearance when the war started. I'll look eagerly to more chapters.

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 11 years ago
Great chapter

The garbage was taken out and Thorn is headed for therapy. Too bad that Barb won't go to therapy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
JUST GREAT!!!!

This chapter was awesome. You are a great writer and I love your work. Anything you put out I read so PLEEEASE don't wait too long to post another chapter of Thorne. Can't wait to see what happens next with everyone. I expecially love Celeste and can't wait to see what happens with her. She is tooo cute to me.

Erosa007Erosa007about 11 years ago
Extremely Enjoyable

I was glad to see Justine in this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Yay!!

Thank you, Kal. I want Thorne and the baby happy I'm so ready for Noel to actually meet his mate.

Speedy1106Speedy1106about 11 years ago
Hehe

Wasn't expecting to like this paticular story of the series, but I am starting to actually enjoy it. Keep up the great work.

DecadentdessertDecadentdessertabout 11 years ago
Wonderful!!!!

Phenomenal update! Felt as though every key characther turned a corner with this update. I was thrilled to see the king and queen weigh in on the hunter and vampire uprising. So many more stories could spawn from this saga.

Kala , I am so looking forward to getting all your work in hardcover. Congrats on the wonderful update.

donaldedonaldeabout 11 years ago
suoer chapter

loved the chapter can not wait to read more

MissstoryloverMissstoryloverabout 11 years ago
Awsome chapter.

Finally Justine and Quinn turn up. I was wondering when they would show up again.

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxabout 11 years ago

Im only gonna get four hours of sleep thanks to you...

Happy now? Thanks for such a filling update!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I love the story as I do all your stories, but feel that Thorne kinda got lost in all the subplots along the way. Thorne doesn't feel like the main focus of the story, which is a shame cause I love him as a lead. Hope he will play a major part in what's to come

wisperingwillowwomanwisperingwillowwomanabout 11 years ago
For a while...

I was so disgusted. Not with your writing because its amazing. But with Barb. I didnt want to read her story at all. But I'm glad i changed my mind. This is a great story. I cant wait to see how it ends.

cupid14cupid14about 11 years ago
Amazing!!

I'm an addict and you are the supplier. I'll be waiting impatiently for the next update. Checking late at night. Looking while Im at work..yeah it's bad.....great chapter!!!!

LOVED the addition of Justine. But where is Patrick? We haven't heard from him in two chapters. The Sinclaire men can't be complete without Patrick. You mentioned him I think on page 5 or 6 but no dialogue from him in two chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

It's nice to see Barb improving slowly, though I do personally wish you would speed it up. Her character is actually very off putting and I find myself reading your stories in spite of her. All of your other characters get the chance to develop but never her and I can't really understand why, though it does seem like it's finally happening. I really do hope she gets some sort of redemption. I understand it's a plot point but it is most frustrating, especially since many of the main characters got their chance at redemption even though their crimes were a lot worse than hers. Even Gene got to become a good guy. So please please let it happen for Barb and please please let it happen quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Well, I'm not too keen on Olivia automatically mating herself off to a vampire because nothing screams "conflict of interest" like the head of a Hunting organization that doesn't have the strength or willpower to hunt down vampire rapists who think it's a perfectly acceptable method of business and aren't even run renegade for it. If she's going to be a puppet of the Sinclair's and company protecting their pet thugs, she might as well be dead for all the use she is. Bear in mind that Hunters are, or at least should be able to do the one thing that is against all Vampire law - kill a vampire instead of allowing them to hide behind the protection of their families from the vengeance of humans while preying on those same humans. Vampires can't do that, and that's why former thugs like Patrick and his psychotic mother get away with raping and mind-raping women as if it were no big deal.

If William mates with her, it needs to be clear that she's in charge of the Hunters and that he is not to interfere with her work. Have her grow a spine.

Because there should be consequences for preying on human women. There aren't when people like Olivia's father are in charge, because he's too busy with his own insane agenda. But real Hunters hunt for a cause, that cause being denied justice that will never be levied by human courts. Some harsh punishment on Patrick would be a great start. Not necessarily death or castration because it's pretty clear he's been given the "I'm in love with a primary character" get out of jail free card, but losing a hand or something, with restitution to every last one of his victims would be a great start. It's clear they didn't get that before when his psychotic mother was cheerfully mind-raping his victims for him. Lip-service just doesn't cut it - it does nothing to help his victims or make what he did right.

Yeah, I'm sure the vampires, particularly the "legitimate" ones that aren't renegades won't like a Law being imposed by humans, but it's conflict that makes for great story-telling, right? You'll find out who's on what side and who really cares about right and wrong and is willing to stand up for principle and fight for it rather than just giving lip service to reform.

I'm rambling, but that's my thoughts on the subject of the Hunters.

I like where you're going with Barbara, but the whole thing smells fishy to me and more like Adrianna's work than some conscience she never had before popping up and having full-blown conversations with her.

~ $0.02+

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
hmmm

u know, barb and her issues are completely different than what the Sinclaires did. We also need to remember that this is not the human world that we're talking about. There are plenty of other vampire stories on this sight where it is perfevtly acceptable for human women to be raped because it is their culture. Many times those vampires don't feel remorse and try to change things but-I don't here the outcry for punishment like I did in this series. that makes me wonder why it was okay. My next thing is the redemption of Barb. She is who she is an I don't believe for one minute that the voice belongs to Adrianna-I don't think that's her style. and the voice was male wasn't it? Let's be honest-we all know people who don't change-I hve a few in my family. They get knocked down hiit the bottom but they don't change. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

I also believe that Olivia is not going to be a puppet leader. She will run things as she sees fit with the support of all who agree with her. She even has Justine and Quinn's support and that's saying something. Olivia I think has always been drawn to William but because of her father's teachings tried to ignore it. Idk... but William doesn't strike me as the kind to tell her what to do. These are just the thoughts I had while reading some of the comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

The King and Queen have show up but no one knows that they are there yet. Hope they get things settle down for now and they let every one know they are there keep up the good writting

myprivatejoymyprivatejoyabout 11 years ago
Waiting and waiting

And then you not submit...but hit it out of the park. I hate to wait so long for installments, but it is oh so worth the wait!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great story

I love this stoy, waiting for something from Barb. Keep it up

Sorry to write this on your story but, does anyone know what happened to Italian Ice Dreams???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Loved it....

I can't wait to find out what happens next! @ Anonymous Italian Ice Dreams is now posting on valentchamber.com

blastwizardblastwizardabout 11 years ago
I LOVE THIS COMPLEX STORY!!!!

I really love that folks leave all kinds of comments and what not!!! Thorne is trying, everyone is trying...., Barb does not know how to try but she is who she is. It is interesting to note that she wants folks to be available for her to abuse, but hey..., self centered people are just that, self centered. I don't know if I want her to change, but it is interesting to watch her learn more about herself. The King and Queen have made themselves known to us and I could not be more excited. I really want to figure out Noel and Joseph's mate. And I really can't wait for Celeste to have a conversation with Noel and the Queen. I find her interesting for a child and when she does speak it is always regarding something insightful and rewarding. The fact that she freaks Barb out is really funny. There is a long wait between posts, but you really do give us something meaty to dig right into. Now I think it is the Queen who is talking to Barb and she is who speaks to Celeste. I could be totally wrong, but it is a fun idea to me. I really like the idea of the in utero cousins chatting to one another. I love the fact that Thorne is reaching far, far out of his comfort zone to deal with his issues so that he can be a better person and hopefully become a better parent to his child. Thorne is interesting because personally when I think of a baby I think of a mother. This story helped me to realize that I was being prejudiced. A child needs both parents or a very positively supportive group if welcoming parents are not available. There is no one better than the other but I was unknowingly biased before really taking in this story. In fact this story has made me really think bout what a child really needs in life. Parents that want and love them comes to the forefront of my mind. Parents that can provide and teach them right and wrong also come to mind. The individuals in these stories show you different sides of love, parenting, loyalty, betrayal, selflessness, selfishness, independence, forgiveness, compassion, stubbornness, I could go on and on and probably leave out some very important adjectives. Kal, your stories ROCK!!!!! Sometimes I get angry at a character, sometimes I just laugh out loud, mostly your characters make me think and re-think my opinions about situations and people. You are a fantastic author and you make a reader want to pick up your stories to find out just what the heck in gonna happen next. LOL I wonder what Thorne would do if he really did fall in love. I wonder what he would do if Celeste started going to chat with him on a regular basis. I really wonder what he would do if the little girls in the family made him have tea with them on little chairs in their play room. LOL Thorne fascinates me because he can be such an asshole, but he takes time to check himself. It took me a long time as a grown up to learn that not so pretty trait. As usual Kal, you have me all introspective. I do really love your writing. I cannot wait for more. GREAT WORK!!!

TrellyWellDoItWellTrellyWellDoItWellabout 11 years ago
It Was worth the wait!!!

Kal you did it again!! Your stories should be movies.Your stories are better then Twilight. The Cullens anit got shit on the Sinclaires!! I love that Justine and Quinn are back. Cant wait for the next chapter. Your stories are worth the wait. keep blessing us with your talents. for some reason I want Thorne and Barb you be together as mates. but that just me. But cant wait for the next chapter!!!!

dliterdliterabout 11 years ago
Fantastic

Great job! I had a hard time getting into this story during the first few chapters but it finally grabbed me and I enjoyed all the rest of it. Especially liked the King and Queen being brought into it during the last chapter and look forward to finding out who Noel's mate is, what happens with Barb and her family and Thorne and the baby. Keep right on pounding the chapters out, please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I love all your stories but this one seems to have me captivated the most. I love how one moment you have me hating and wanting her to leave and next I'm wanting her to change her ways. Can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Ok

Now that that is over, can we get back to Thorne and Barb? This chapter was cluttered with so many people and things and events that we barely saw them.

I know that people hate Barb, but it would be nice if Thorne could meet her halfway. He is no angel by any stretch of the imagination, but even he thinks that he is better than her. If this is to be a "love" story, a romantic love story at that, isn't it (almost) every woman's dream to be loved by someone who will take them as they are? Perhaps if he gives a little, she will give a little. I know that it hasn't worked with her family, but romantic love has a way of changing people, sometime for the better sometime for the worse. I know someone bitter an mean like Barb, and I have always thought that if she found someone who could appreciate the good qualities that she rarely shows to most people, that other "good" qualities would begin to grow/appear/come forth. She puts up a good front, but I know that she really just wants someone to love her unconditionally.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
MOAR!

You are so, awesome! All your stories are so awesome! This is so awesome! Never stop writing! I want more! More! More! MOAR!

jallia2000jallia2000about 11 years ago

I cant believe im saying this but can barb get some kind of love?

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 11 years ago

Barb need to learn to love herself completely before someone will love her.

AMHJ89AMHJ89over 10 years ago

Still hoping Thorne and Barbara stay together

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkalamazoo707@kalamazoo707
1665 Followers
Hello, I can't believe that it's been this long since I've visited this site, I've undergone many changes- many of them good and am contemplating returning to the world of writing. I know I have many unfinished stories and that's where I will start. I hope that all of you are ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Thorne Ch. 08 Previous Part
Thorne Series Info