Tinkle Bell Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Many Feathers
Many Feathers
10,503 Followers

A week after that, Bella and I flew back to the states so that we could inform my parents of our decision to get married. Something they were overjoyed to hear of course, though mom immediately got into a serious planning mode with Bella, that I was only too happy to let her do as excited as she was. And though the wedding was still a good six months away, we'd decided to do it a bit earlier than originally discussed in order that it not conflict, or overshadow the next traditional "Employee appreciation day."

Just a few weeks before the actual wedding took place, I was surprised when Niccolo approached me as I was inspecting some of the wine casks in the cellar storage. Though somewhat surprised to see him, though I had expected we'd eventually run into one another at some point, I steeled myself for whatever it was he had to say to me. He didn't look happy for one thing, and I knew that he had fully expected to be the one to actually marry Bella eventually.

I turned, half wondering if he wouldn't simply punch me or something. Even when he extended his hand in friendship, I was half cautious that he still would take a swing at me, catching me off guard.

"I just wanted to congratulate you," he began. "I guess the best man for her really did win," he finally said smiling, and now shaking my hand as I shook his.

"Thank you," I responded meaning it. "And I hope we can still be good friends as well as co-workers, even so."

"I will say this," as he turned and made ready to leave. "I still plan on submitting my name next Employee's day," he said grinning with a hopeful expression on his face.

I nodded towards him. "And I hope that you'll eventually win too!" I responded back actually meaning it.

*****

The end.

Many Feathers
Many Feathers
10,503 Followers