All Comments on 'Truth & Consequences'

by capecodmercury

Sort by:
  • 450 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Why don't you just

forget that wonderful love and our marriage you so wonderfully trashed you selfish bitch...that might make you understand my hatred.... Bye-Bye toots.

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
I am a gadfly

When I am given a point of view, I automatically think about the other side.

I still stand by my original statement. She is far too confrontational and impatient.

That being said, this reminded me of those Slirpuff stories where a wife came home stoned or drunk and the husband had to deal with an addict.

Now, a cock is not a needle or a shot glass. And I hold to my original statement that alky wife shouldn't have gone near a shot of cum because she was an addict.

Do we owe a spouse who is making multiple mistakes a second chance? If you, as a man, accidently lost the paycheck on a 'sure thing' on the stock market, should your wife take away all access to your accounts? Or should she divorce you as a gambling addict? Or the SECOND time you decided to play the market, would you prefer she take you by the hand and say 'No!' Help you remember what costs you inflicted upon the family? I think, if the shoe were on the other foot, we might appreciate a bit more guidance.

Her plea is partially an addict asking for a hand to avoid remaking a mistake she already made once, a weakness she never knew she had.

Yes, she should have grown a pair. Best case scenario. Second best is ASK for help or DEMAND that the husband come with.

She feels, semi correctly, that she was set up to fail. Husband left her high and dry. He wasn't just not throwing her a life preserver, he was ladling chum into the water around her.

At least in her eyes.

I think she is wildly unrealistic in thinking that he would get over it that quickly. If he won't see a counselor, SHE could see a counselor and find the best strategies to fix this. Six months is actually pretty short to get over it and even more so when she is clearly still blame shifting.

And...I find her expectations to be wildly overinflated. Why SHOULD she get the same loving and trusting relationship back again? Can you unring a bell? Can you unshatter a vase?

No. She needs to understand she will have a lesser relationship. Her husband was, if not content, not leaving. He was *satisfied* for the moment.

She felt she deserved better. She needs to figure if she will accept that lesser relationship.

And from her actions, the answer seems to be 'no'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
UGH!!!!

Phil was an ass too! Why didn't he confront his wife early on??? Why didn't he wait till the door opened and beat the fuck out of jack????

She admits she admits she's weak, so why would he want to stay with her, she'll just "slip" again!

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
THIS WAS IN NO WAY T & Q

only a tirade of excuses and pleadings for an aquital of which she has no intention of ever complying, \\ TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One word

Bye

YouamiYouamiabout 7 years ago
Shifting the Blame!!!

Folks

I can only second your general disappointment. The bitch was trying to shift responsibility/blame to her innocent partner..."it's your fault that I fucked the guy over an extended period" Ditch the bitch and start to regain your self respect!!!

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 7 years ago
I liked it.....but...

It deserves another chapter or two. Good start but from the date of the story, it's obvious it will never be finished. Shame. Terrific story for another writing challenge to extend or conclude.

MaFreplerMaFreplerabout 7 years ago
She's not justifying the affair, she's justifying leaving.

The affair is over. She got caught, and is now trying to rebuild the marriage. She's finding out that her husband doesn't want to, and so she is leaving. Further, she's right to call husband on his cowardice. When your spouse cheats, and you don't confront them, that says something about how much you value the marriage. And given husband's current attitude, she has her answer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

She started out good then tried to put blame on him . She now fed up trying for a year and want some new dick it sounds like . I honestly couldn't go with out a fight with Jeff. I would have waited it out and went after him win or lose at least once. Every time he looks at her or fucks her he probably sees him with her , knowing all the faces , sounds moves etc she makes while she gets laid she was making with him. Does she think about him while she's with me and was she fucking him all along . There is no proof either way and how do you ever trust her again . He had every right to stay quite and hope he was wrong or that she wouldn't do it again.Ok the first night u can make a thousand excuses but the next as you sucked his cock where was you excuse or remorse. She's now taking the power and forcceing a decision in him. It's easy to say I would never get back but until your in that situation you really don't know. I do know for sure I would need to hurt him at least once at any cost.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
somewhere rebuttal

I have read another author's rebuttal in the form of her husband's reply.

Her attitude is the result of of the baby boomer generation's philosophy that has incipiently ruined a once great country.

Very few accept the responsibility for their own actions. Someone else is to blame.

Why would anyone not given to cuckoldry want to fight to save a marriage to her

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
reply somewhere

Phil has his response written by another author...perhaps ftds

Interesting how she begins by accepting responsibilty but ends up blaming him for consequences

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I have the short version of the next chapter.....

She is head down at work with a pile of papers in front of her. A sharply dressed man steps up to her and asks are you ....... She replies yes. The gentleman hands her a folder and says "You are served" !!!

End of story !!!

notredame43notredame43almost 7 years ago
to mafrepler

she's a narcissist she cheated end of story. the marriage has no value as she destroyed it. nothing to do but cut the slut loose . if it was the husband I'd say that as well

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Dear Janet...

...I won your hand once, how man times do I need to fight for it during our marriage. When we said "I do," we became one, a team. A unified from to outside forces. Yet you didn't hold up your side of the bargain. You willingly, and easily, let another come between us. It was me, dear, it was you. You threw this marriage away, not me. Since our confrontation, you've had to reap the consequences of your actions.

You're right. I have used you for sex since your betrayal. Using a cheating slut is much less expensive than paying for a whore. You no longer see love in my eyes? Of course not, how could you? You killed it without any input from me. I wasn't given an opportunity to make a decision.

Janet, you lied to me for over six-months, fucked another man behind my back and reveled in your cheating. It was something 'naughty,' something to hold over my head in secret. I'm supposed to take your "I'm sorry" and assume you're over it? How long before you do it again? Perhaps not with Jeff, although I firmly believe it will be, but perhaps with a coworker, one of your friends husbands or hell, even the television repairman.

Keep your apartment, slut. Keep your apartment and the kids we'll never have together. Keep your slutiness to yourself. Keep Jeff's number and move in with him. Me? I no longer care. There is a woman at work who stops by my office regularly after learning you no longer wanted me because you had another man instead. She's in her early 20s and is beautiful, athletic, and best of all, loves me. Me, not Jeff, a long lost lover.

I guess I have you to thank. As mentioned, you became a shrew, thinking only of an old boyfriend, not you husband. You're moving out has been a boon for me. I didn't have to ask you to leave, to make room for a woman I love. Yes, I love Lisa and we plan to take our relationship to the next level.

Please leave me your address. I would rather have you service at your apartment than your work.

Again, thank you so very much, cheating slut.

Philip

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 7 years ago
@ Previous anonymous commenter ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I like your clever response from Philip. @ anonymous 👍

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Janet was a hypocrite!

So now she gives her husband a lengthy letter complaining about his inactions to save their marriage. As usual the women always say that they made a "mistake" when they fuck someone else. They never admit that they knew exactly what they were doing at the time. They did it because they wanted to cheat on their husbands. They thought that their husbands would never find out about it. So much for them deserving the trust of their husbands. Also they never consider the possibility of getting permanent STDs. You can get Herpes and HPV from just kissing an infected person. It's people like swingerjoe who are propagating STDs in the USA.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I think this story shows your true colors

If you really believe this crock if shit she wrote basically blameshifting her cheating on her husband, it would explain a lot about your other stories. I hope this is just a story a not a reflex of your thoughts about cheating. If so you need help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Janet, why didn't I fight for you?

Well you are a whore and a slut. You didn't care one iota about your marriage vows. You did care about me and you sure didn't care about our kids! If you really loved me you wouldn't have felt the need to have an affair! So that is why you weren't worth fighting for!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
phil's reply

Another author wrote husband's reply. Without ccm story that one would not exist.

Truth be told the other author's story is much better

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
She's shifting the blame, no real remorse.

nm

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
6 months to long

There would not have been the six months to try and save this farce. She would not have been confronted at the convention. She would have come home to an empty house and divorce papers with a do not call ever note on it.

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
Sounds like an alternate ending to Nighttime Confessions

Some names are the same to ensure the association?

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
So There You Go

Cheating Wives here is another way out of your dalliance? Write a Bullshit confession it's bound to work with your sad sack Hubby!

PLEASE WILL SOMEONE PUBLISH THE CHEATERS GUIDE TO GET AWAY WITH IT! ? Future Best seller for sure? ★★★★★ WOOF!

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 6 years ago
It's well written, makes a persuasive case, so from this POV, maybe he is vindictive

BUT It is also possible that his reaction, how ever cruel or manipulative it may be, is still just his honest reaction to her perfidy. He may not even be conscious of what he is doing, if in fact her account of his post confrontation action is truthful. If so, her account might help them save the marriage.

Another possibility is that he is hard fucking her because he is trying to reclaim her and is afraid that gentleness equals weakness in her eyes, as being considerate and loving to her didn't do anything to help keep her faithful.

And of course she could be right, he is being mean on purpose, and trying to hurt her. Guess WHAT??? Unless he was that way before the affair, such bad behavior by him was still CAUSED by her cheating. DUH.

AS for old cheater chestnut of: "You knew and didn't stop me/fight for me", if she is in any way a modern or liberated woman, she can sod-all and bugger off on that one. She has a big shot career, and should be indie enough to act on her own, and not need a man to "Defend her honor". So why would he need to neutralize the threat for her by stopping her?

As for fighting for her, the course of events that is supposed to happen is that when an external threat occurs, the potential cheater notifies their spouse, and together they can prevent the cheating from happening. But once the cheater sides with another, they are not on the injured spouse's side, and at that point they too become part of the OPPFOR. They remain the opposing force until such time as their actions show they have of their own volition owned their mistake and are trying to fix it.

So until she had been caught and was back home, he didn't owe her an intervention. In such a case a guy like me would have intervened, but heck I would have divorced without trying to reconcile. I would have told her we need to start again, and she can court me if she still wants me.

The one thing she said that I think is pretty important and probably spells death for the marriage, is that his eyes are always cold and hateful towards her. If that is true, he needs to dump her so she can move on.

A very good story with an untasteful POV and hanging ending. No wonder you all scored it where it is. I still thought it a five, even though it is unfinished. YMMV

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 6 years ago
The reply from Phil is by "Presidio"

From Ought Seven.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I don't understand the purpose of writing this

If the purpose is to reinforce the ideas that Janet is an extremely selfish person then the author succeeded tremendously. However I am not certain that was the intent.

Janet starts by saying that she needs resolution, things are taking to long, and she can't even wait 6 months. Then she claims to understand how her husband feels after she had time to reflect. And she admits to prolonged lying. Then she blames him for not stopping her. Finally she blames him for losing her trust.

Seriously? Is there some sort of definitive time period reserved for getting over the ultimate betrayal? How can she even come close to understanding what her husband is feeling? There is no reference to her being on the other end of an affair.

Why would it be his responsibility for stopping her? It is not. It should be her choice to determine if the marriage is important enough to stop. Obviously she is not. She admitted being weak. If he stopped her there would always be the thought that she only stopped because she was told to stop, not because she wanted to.

She loses trust in him? That is laughable. She continues to lie, admits being weak, and tries to manipulate him into just forgetting the whole thing and she doesn't trust him. She again is only thinking of herself. She doesn't understand that trust and betrayal take a long time to rebuild if they ever are, and putting a time limit and bitching about his lack of emotion is extremely selfish on her part.

This whole story does nothing but chronicle an extended period of thoughts and actions by a selfish woman. There is no growth, no remorse. She claims to be remorseful and understanding of what she did wrong and in the next breath deflects responsibility and throws it back on him.

Of course we have to ignore the fact that she lied over and over and broke her vows. But the husband should trust what she says anyways.

Good grief.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Thoughts

"I became so convinced that nothing could shake our love for each other, that I put my own desires ahead of our love." - Why would you even HAVE desires that take you outside your love?

She was lonely? He was in the same predicament that she was and didn't seem to need another woman to ease his pain. While she was without out him for two weeks, he was also without her, I'm sure that HE was looking forward to that night just as much as she was!

You could MAYBE excuse that ONE night, but why then the affair? I have no problem with her failure to confess about the convention, if that had been the end of it. I agree with her rationale, even if it WAS self-serving; it would only have hurt him if she confessed.

"I told myself that I was only thinking of you when we made love, but I now know that I was only trying to justify my actions" - I have my doubts as to whether she was thinking about Jeff or not!

If she was truly worried that she couldn't resist Jeff, then she SHOULD have cancelled the speaking engagement.

While I have SOME sympathy for her feelings about Phil not stopping things, I don't buy her laying so much blame on him. Should he have said something sooner, ideally after that first night? Definitely! But she still could have refused the speaking engagement, KNOWING that Jeff was going to be there, expecting their affair to continue, and KNOWING that she wouldn't be able to resist him.

How very convenient for her to say that they were BOTH selfish and taking each other for granted. That MAY be so, but he wasn't using it as an excuse to CHEAT on her!

They should have had counseling LONG ago!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What a bitch of a wife!

"I cheated on you because I didn't think that you would find out about it." What a bullshit statement. If she really loved her husband she would never have cheated! But the wife was a selfish bitch who really didn't care about her husband. I hope she burns in hell!

LucasredLucasredabout 6 years ago
Blame shifting wife

"Why didn't you confront me with my lies and demand that I tell you where I had been? " - Because without solid proof you would have lied as you did throughout the entire affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Should have saved herself the trouble of writing the letter and just stepped into traffic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wife has a great point.

If he really wanted to save the marriage, he should have stopped the affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Because........

That's the answer to all her questions. Because she would have lied, lied, and lied again to cover her ass. Just like she did even after she was caught red-handed. Fact is, even now she's just trying to relieve some of her guilt by blaming any thing she can on him, no matter how outrageous her thoughts are.

GillotineGillotineabout 6 years ago
Bullshit that he should have stopped the affair

What you have are grown adults, who can make their own choices. The husband's actions are only following the wife's actions. Her lies and deceit cause the husband to follow in her footsteps, something he wouldn't have normally have done. The bitch is just trying to justify her own selfishness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
First of all this is written very poorly.

there is so much repedition it's ridiculous. The phrase, "consequences for my actions," must be used 20 or 30 times.

I do agree with him stopping the affair but that doesn't mean there would have been hope for the marriage. She asks why he didn't fight for her. Why didn't she fight for him by using some self control?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wife was right to get out

Husband clearly couldn't move on. Best she cut her losses.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
good story

But tell me why is the wife telling the husband he needed to stop her. Thats on her not him. Sorry but this is a lot of double speak. I just dont agree with that premise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great Story

I cannot count the number of stories where the husband could have ended the betrayal of his wife; but instead of fighting for their marriage and her love he chose to gather more information for his divorce. He sought to see how far her betrayal would reach. By the time he does step in, it is too late to save their marriage. Not only the husband and wife would suffer the pains of divorce, but others would be affected as well...children, parents, friends. This story points that out. His wife was not the only one who gave up on the marriage. So did the husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Duh

This woman is a self centered

LIBERAL slut. Whore bitch. Fight for her, BULL SHIT. She cheated and wants to be forgotten, NO WAY. He should have hired a couple of thug bitch to beat the total dog shit out of her. Make her a cripple. A woman is the life support system for a cunt.

This story was a cuck story, I was reading this shit story

Now I have to take a good shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Pretty narsistic bitch....

After reading her note would do you think he should do/ she again has the upper hand and is planning some sort of a life without her wimp husband...….Wow he surely must be some sort of an inept individual/ don't phone or contact me/ talk about arrogant shit head...……..Well lets do it my way/ how about a forehead branding slut;'......There you go again the empowerment of women sure works/ at least they have the common sense in other countries (Muslim) stoning works for me....adultery is what she did/ and she condoned it never gave her husband the same chance / she was unwilling to live with condonation //typical crap.....read about this type of women a few years down the line and see how forth/right and up-it-ties she is...The old barn door she will become/ relation after relation/ we could hope for a little breast cancer to resolve her empirical behavior..

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The bottom line of this in in the letter.....

There's a part in it that the writer of the letter says that a marriage is based on trust as well as love, but she got it wrong. A marriage should be based on a foundation of honesty, because without that you can't have trust without which you can't have love. She broke the foundation. The damp-proof course of trust started to fail instantly and the mortar that is love started to crumble. The house fell down. That's on her. Why should he try to underpin a foundation that she already took a pneumatic drill to?

LoejtcLoejtcover 5 years ago
She wrote her own obituary for the marriage

The letter in essence clarifies why reconciliations often do not work. The cheated party finds it difficult to trust the cheater. Memory flashbacks, offhand comments, a late work night, a white lie may trigger an unbidden but overwhelming emotional response by the cheated party. The cheater is the target of that response.

On the other hand the cheater who is honestly trying to mend fences and rebuild the relationship eventually feels frustrated because the rebuilding process can be tediously slow with many bumps in the road. As time drags on, they sense that their efforts are unappreciated. They often grow impatient as indicated in this letter.

Eventually the cheater can no longer handle the continuous rejection by the unhealed cheated.

This story is a classic case of a slow, painful marital death spiral. Reconciliation probably should never have been attempted. Divorce is inevitable.

Contrary to the romantic RAAC crowd's perception that the BTB crowd are cruel heartless bums. A swift, relatively fair end to the marriage is often the more compassionate decision. Short term pain may be acute but preferable to the long term frustration and unhappiness experienced during a failed reconciliation attempt.

LoejtcLoejtcover 5 years ago
An excellent response

I suggest reading fdk262’s response to Janet’s letter. I think it is very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
surely not

She writes a decent letter but not worth the paper it is written on where she says its his fault for not confronting her but by this time the damage had already been done took time to confirm this,she should could have confessed then but no went back to have another bite at the cherry would you accept this bullshit maybe he should be allowed to answer

calflashcalflashover 5 years ago
letter

sounds more like she was sorry for getting caught with no sincere apology and trying to lay blame on him

Tiger27Tiger27over 5 years ago
Wow!

Talk about self-centered! Janet is in her own universe!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Burn the self righteous bitch

Please let a real male writer respond to this pathetic excuse for a wife.

WakeupnowWakeupnowover 5 years ago
Great read; horrible subject

Having had this happen to me twice I can honestly say that I would definitely confront the wife on the first hint of infidelity. I did't do this on my first and second marriages and it would have saved a lot of heartache.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Best, most cogent self-analysis by the cheater...

... for her reason of the affair that, I believe, I've read yet. And well written.

The two combined makes this a no-brainer 5-stars.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Good story!

From Phil's point of view, this letter was a gift, because it shows the selfish slut is irredeemable. Her whining that he should have "fought for her" is such blame-shifting bullshit.

It's very easy to cheat on a spouse if you have the inclination; opportunities present themselves all the time, especially if you each travel on business. It's not Phil's job to act as her chastity belt if the whore can't keep her legs closed! How dare she try to shift the blame onto him for her repeated infidelity!

I'd love to read a sequel to this where Phil has spent the last 6 months squirreling away assets before filing for divorce. To see her face when he tells her that he never had any intention of reconciling, but using her like a whore for 6 months was much cheaper than paying for one.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Exactly

Well said PS. She can take her blame shifting and shove it up her ass. And if their time together since then was him fucking with her mind and or hiding assets, good for him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What no Answer

Where’s his reply? I feel that you should of given him a chance to answer her.

ReadyOneReadyOneover 5 years ago
Dear Janet,

As usual, you are right. There is no real chance of things ever being close to as they were.

You said you were sorry. You said you still want to love me, and I you. You answered my questions much better that I ever expected. You repented and tried to make restitution.

My problem is that I can't get past the horror I've created inside myself from your cheating.

In retrospect, this is obvious to me. I quickly turned from suspicion during the conference to proving your infidelity. When I found you e-mailing Jeff, I became set on exposing you and inflicting pain instead of salvaging the marriage.

It's now clear that my behavior after our Come to Jesus meeting has been to punish you while enforcing my feelings of righteous anger. Your letter manifests to both of us that years must pass before I can put this aside, if ever.

In this state, we can do a simple divorce by filling out forms and one of us going to court. We don't need to say why; we just need to show the judge that we have divided community property in half.

I volunteer to get this accomplished. Enclosed are draft documents; please set up a meeting for us to review/revise and hopefully sign. I'll be on my best behavior. I'll take them to the clerk and make the court appearance. I'll see that you promptly get certified copies of everything.

Please accept this as slight recompense for what I've inflicted on you, and understand that at the same time I remain very hurt and angry with a head full of visions of you and Jeff. And yes, that's as contradictory as all the other things we've made each other suffer.

I will always remember our love and wish that this had never happened.

Phil

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Nail

Her blaming him for making her cheat is the final nail in the coffin. "Why didn't you fight for me?" She asks. Why didn't she fight for her marriage ? Why did she continue to cheat? What does she expect him to do, forget all her lying? Good riddance to a real cheating whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
PHIL'S LETTER

Thankfully, t least two writers have given us Phil's letter of reply.

After about a half year came Truth & Consequences: the Other Half by fdkman262 (fdk). It was well received with 91 comments mostly positive, even including a commendation from capecodmercury (CCM) himself. Many of the comments were interesting and insightful.

Over a year after fdk's version, came Truth & Consequences: Phil's Reply to Janet by Presidio. The end notes list 12 comments; however none are available, nor possible -- evidently commenting was turned off.

The outcome of both versions is the same, which does not at all mean both versions of Phil's reply letter are the same. Fdk got a rating 4.37 and Presidio 4.27, both higher than the 3.67 CCM got for Janet's letter. I suspect CCM's rating would be higher if he had included a reply letter by Phil like that of fdk or Presidio. However, CCM has to be credited with the kick-off that generated 253(!) comments and two authors writing a sequel.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
she's a horrible person

she thinks the meager and petty shit she's suffered counts as penance?

it doesn't. she thinks his cold shoulder is just, 'unbearable'. it's not.

she's weak and coddled. she wouldn't know how to fight her way outta a wet paper bag. no way on earth she knows how to fight for his trust back.

her running away to another home and telling him off. telling him not to contact her unless he makes a decision seems weak too. she once again, decided all on her own what their relationship would be. isn't that how she wound up in such a shit predicament? no communication. she didn't trust herself to tell him to his face. what a coward. 'b-but you refused counseling". YES. but he doesn't need it, SHE does.

he's more than earned the right to not be lectured at like a child. he did all the adult things, like keeping vows and giving her space to earn back his trust....also not killing her. she's the child that needs to be lectured at. some serious cognitive behavioral therapy.

she can't stand the consequences of her own actions. that's the rub. she deflects like crazy. i fucked up my amazing relationship with cheating. i confessed, unlike her. i took all the abuse, insults, snide remarks, cold indifferences. and you know what? we're still not well off, it's been over a year and we'll prolly never completely recover that old magic. but i show my love everyday by letting my S.O vent, ignore, and deal with my not so happily ever after. that's real adulting. but i'll tell you one thing, our relationship is still in tact. i made damn sure communication came back with a vengeance. I fight everyday. I'm not entitled like she is. I know how good I have it. And my S.O loves me enough to try their best, and that's all i can hope for. i can't make them do it in a way that pleases me more. she's a tyrant, even when she's playing the victim. hubby is better off without that bag of daddy issues.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Her letter says it all.

She was a horrible spouse who cheated again and again without remorse. While expecting her letter to clarify her position, in her own confused confession she paints herself as a heartless soul no man would want as the mother of his children. Very well written but does not (from a man's point of view) even begin to wash the stink of betrayal from the wife. How could she ever believe she would be the treasure he thought he had found before? A man wants a wife he would fall on the sword for. Her letter describes herself as a useless skanky wife. They need to split to find a new partners in life.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2almost 5 years ago
unfucking believable

it never seizes to amaze me the bull shit that comes out of cheater`s minds.

i love the `why didn t you fight for our marriage` .... really ... she had already crossed that line and there was nothing left to fight for.

everything in the letter was from the cheater`s handbook of excuses but the best is to pretend you are at fault but in actual fact blaming the other.

i hope the bitch lives a long painful and lonely life because that is what she deserves.

she is living in a fantasy world ... i have fantasies about cheaters too ... change the laws and make cheating a crime.

could you imagine the number of prisons we would need if cheating was a crime ... lmfao

make it mixed prisons and let them fuck each other to death .... by introducing a small form of std ... make the std incurable but not deadly ..... lmfao

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Fight For the Marriage?

I haven't read this in a while, was just spinning through the comments since it popped up on the recent comments board.

I can't stand the "why didn't you fight for us or the marriage" argument! The time for fighting is when the urge to cheat pops up. and the potential cheater should "fight for the marriage," and NOT cheat! One he/she cheats, they've surrendered to the enemy, and any further fighting is futile.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
2nd time through.

(1) It must be exasperating for authors to feel the need to explain there is 'no sex' in their stories in the Loving Wives genre. Some of the best stories I've ever read here contain no sex and I've read a lot.

(2) Reading my previous comment on this has mellowed a bit from my first time through. Maybe the shock value of the wife's explanation has gone. I gave it a 5 star reading overall then and if I could I'd do it again. This time through I've softened up and tried to get into the headspace of her character. I guess the bottom line is she did a horrible thing cheating but when people go middle age crazy they still believe they are acting normal.

(3) I like a good reconciliation story but I don't believe I could reconcile with her. Closure? Yes. Friends ? Tough call. But to hold that hate for the rest of life. No. It would only destroy any future happiness for the ex-husband. Moving on sounds like the middle path to the happiness goal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Frustrating

Another one from this site where the reader is left in limbo. No resolution here at all. An indecisive husband who'd rather see his wife fail than see his marriage succeed. And a selfish wife who tries to accept her culpability but over the course of a year gets no support from the "man" of the marriage. Three overly generous stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hated the bullshit rationale

As modern culture continues to disintegrate, why not treat marriage as importantly as a business contract? The defaulter doesn't get to pontificate banalities. Simple and clean. You cheat, you lose. No lawyers necessary. No giving up a life to the cheater. No bending over backwards for the female, science has proven she is not a better defacto parent.

YouamiYouamialmost 5 years ago
Dear God what a selfish opinionated bitch!

capecodmercury

I applaud you for attempting to use a format for your story in the form of a letter from the cheating slut wife. You were brave....such a format can either be successful or flop. Alas, I fear that the latter has occured in this work. The wife you have represented as a hopeless narcissist who seems bent on deluding herself that her cheated on hubby is the cause of her problems. Now to use such a plotline suggests to me one of two rationales. The first is that you simply got caught up with the increasing drama as the wife gradually evolves into the bitch from hell. Understandable...some characters can take on a life of their own. The second, which I sincerely hope is not the case, is that you intentionally set out to cast the slut wife as a rabid bitch with the hope that it would polarize your readers, thus stimulating extreme reactions. By the time I had finished reading the letter, I felt exhausted and drained and wanted to get as far away from your submission as possible. One could argue that the fictitious hubby probably felt somewhat that same.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I can imagine this scenario.

However I do not agree with her that he should have fought for her and their marriage. She should not have been a selfish slut and opened her legs.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Nope.

She killed the marriage. The letter is did the woman no favor. But she did the right thing leaving him. He was too weak to kick her out. Any noble attempt to reconcile was destroyed the moment he knock on the hotel room and she refused to answer. She killed her marrige right then. Her choice revealed not a coward, but a traitorous betryal of no return.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Skimmed it again

This really reads like a woman communicating. As Jack Nicholson's character said, "I think of a man and then remove reason and accountability". It's also like a woman because it goes on and on saying basically the same thing over and over. Author nailed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Both have some skin on the game

She utterly destroyed their marriage but I do wonder why he waited so long to take action. Makes no sense unless he is truly a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I hate the kind of stories

Skimmed it when I realised it was just from her point of view and explaining her cheating. Are we supposed to feel sorry for her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So where is part 2

Okay now wheres the part 2 where we find out his decision. I would love to see how this whole story comes together. The whole thing is rotten to go through, but please finish this story.

Tiger27Tiger27over 4 years ago

Janet is a self serving asshole.

She is the type who only loves herself.

Husband is best served without the bitch.

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Women

Good piece as it accurately portrays the female perspective. Typical woman... Narcissistic, delusional, control freak. I love how she commits the transgression, and yet manages to blame the "bastard" for "not fighting for her". She believes she is sincerely giving a heartfelt apology... by laying down an ultimatum. It sure would be a better world if the xx combination didn't cause mental instability.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
wrong category

Try submitting this under "letters". It might be something someone wants to actually read.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Still

Still she it as a letter from a selfish cheating bitch looking to blame the husband for their failing marriage.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 4 years ago

Interesting, but even in her apology, she blames her husband for letting it happen. She should have asked her questions face to face, to hear his response, before moving out. He may have overlooked the first instance as an aberration, believing he could get past it; the emails, he needed to know whether he could trust her. Yet she paints him as an ogre bent on destroying her. Why didn’t she get her own counseling, and ask him to join, in order to help her heal herself?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
And the point is?

Just an example of a long self-indulgent rambling rationalization for leaving by a slut? A parody of cheating rationales? A letter designed to show women aren't fully functioning adults? What? And why should the husband care? She's obviously a headcase...why didn't he "fight" for her, indeed. Is marriage Jr. High?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Interesting insight into a cheater's rationalization.

While the husband must come to terms with it if they are to move forward, I can't think much of her blaming him. And the comment about fighting for her? His job is to love her, not pull her back from other men. She is suppose to have made that commitment. I'm not impressed with her, but it was an interesting insight into her nature.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
uhhh, good buy you fucking slut.

So you being a slut and a cheating whore is my problem? Why didn't I fight for you? How about the fact that we are married and I shouldn't have to fight fo you?

You selfish self centered prictkof a bitch! Go fuck yourself!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
ummm excuse me?

You forgive me? Go fuck yourself bitch.

mower9527mower9527almost 4 years ago

nicely done. speaking for myself, I would have confronted her early on - with solid proof - the emails, etc. all of the commenters who feel the BTB route is best have not likely been in long term relationships or haven't grown out of the teen-aged level of relationships.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Fight for her????????

That was when the story went south.

The wife is portrayed as selfish narcissistic bitch, not a sympathetic bone in her cheating body.

Not a pleasant character at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Really?

This is the biggest pile of horseshit I've ever laid my eyes on

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Liar

You should have confronted me? I'd like to think I would have confessed? After you were caught red handed, you continued to lie. How could you possibly think you would have confessed?

I think she knows the "why" of his question. But she can't tell him, because it would tell him she never loved him, ever.

Say good-bye Phil. Get on with what's left of your ruined life. Janet has ruined your attitude toward any relationship in the future, forever. But, salvage what you can and move on.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
“It’s my fault. Absolutely 110% my fault...

“...I take full responsibility for my actions. I was not coerced. I knew what I was doing. You are a wonderful husband and person. I apologize from the bottom of my heart for doing this dreadful deed. Mea culpa, mea culpa.”

“By the way — it was partly your fault.”

WTF?!!!

OK, I guess if this was a stream of consciousness letter, with no drafts, she could have written the first part, having thought things out. But as she was writing it, it occurred to her that, “Hey! Why didn’t he...?”

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Piece of Shit,Soon to Be,Ex-Wife!

What a twat! She cheats,something she abhors in others,and proceeds to try to turn it around and blame him for not stopping her?! (In all fairness,he was a dumb fuck of a cuck!) Two shitty people who should have divorced right away after the cheating.

racfguyracfguyover 3 years ago
BTB

Janet isn't sorry that she fucked Jeff.

She's sorry that she got caught.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stupid wife

Janet.,don't let the reasons to be excuse...just accept you're bitch not content & satify from husband love...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Realistic

This comes very close to how cheating partners justify why they're having affairs. On the one hand they are aware that their actions are unforgivable if the roles were reversed, on the other they try to hand over a major chunk of the blame to their significant other.

Well written!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

Realistic and well-written!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It's interesting reading the comments and that some people believe that what you've written is realistic. It isn't, unless a women has some sort of personality or self image issue then sex is very rarely the reason for a women to cheat. Men will cheat for sex but that's down to a primal need to procreate and give their own genes the best possible chance of survival. Pretty much like a stag defending it's herd of females.

Women cheat when the marriage is failing and they are vulnerable or when the marriage has already failed in their eyes.

Authors use sex as a reason for cheating because the website is for erotic literature and therefore they are fulfilling their readers expectations.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Reading again

What a selfish, narcissistic bitch. He needs to forgive her? Who is the cheater here?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I think I hear, the fat lady singing

Ok. In my opinion, when a spouse cheats and they stay married, it changes the relationship forever. The problem here is, wifey thinks the husband can just snap out of it, and become the person to her, he was prior. I think SHE is the one who needs to get a divorce, and find out things are not so rosy on the other side, and the grass ain’t greener. It’s also telling, that the narcissist wife blames her husband for not stopping her. At the end of the day, a relationship is your responsibility to end it, let it slowly die, or do things to encourage it to strengthen and grow. Forgetting all the accusations both ways, this is purely about the wife, not wanting to accept the natural erosion of her marriage, that she caused. Stick a fork in this one, it’s done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wow

Flipping heck!

That went on a bit could of probably said it all in a few parsgraphs

And in the end his reply was ????

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Way too long.

And no this "You need to know that by your actions, I have lost my trust in you as well" is just the usual attempt to make the husband look as bad as the wife.

I'd quite honestly, do the same thing if I were in his shoes. If she cant control herself why should he have to step in and stop her. That didnt reflect on his love for her, it showed he knew she wasnt to be trusted and he wanted to verify it. The only love that could be doubted was hers for him.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Had enough experience with delusional people adept at deflecting blame to recognise when a salvage job isn't worth it. Run, Forrest, run!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Next communication? "Are you Janet X?, you've been served." Hard to believe you rolled this around to the husband having a hand in her total disrespect, dishonor and utter failure in the marriage.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 star - this is just a bad idea.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

Just like a cheating whore cunt. Trying to blame her husband for cheating and not getting past it. Fucking cunt.

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

Hope he doesn't bother reading the whole thing and just burns it. The communication was gone and she blew the rest up.

julie4fun22julie4fun22almost 3 years ago

i think that this marriage is over. Janet went too far in fucking Jeff multiple times during the first convention and then going home as if nothing happened but all the while corresponding with Jeff via email. Before the second convention, Phil had all the evidence he needed but still he flew to the convention site and watched his wife continue her affair with Jeff. He watched them through dinner and dancing and waited for a while before he knocked on Jeff's door demanding that he open the door. Phil made up his mind at that time and left a note on Janet's hotel room door that he wanted a divorce. She made it even worse when she continued to lie to him after she returned home from the second convention. In the end of her explanation of her affair, she had the gall to say that Phil was to blame as well. This is sheer bullshit and Janet knows it. I hope that Phil divorces Janet and moves on with his life. She has hurt him deeply and ruined their marriage. But I must say, this was well-written and I enjoyed the story very much. Five stars!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous