All Comments on 'Truth & Consequences'

by capecodmercury

Sort by:
  • 450 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Cheater throughout the world almost use the same phrase as it was written in the letter.

Cheater never thought about the consequences in the first place.

And when they get caught, first they use those sweet words of their loving relationships if that doesn't work then they try to blame their partner.

But they never try to control themselves before cheating for just to enjoy the illicit sex with someone else.

People like them are not trustworthy specially those who do it deliberately if given a chance.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Obviously, she was wrong, but, by not challenging hare at the beginning, he became complicit in the affair. If he loved her and wanted to save the marriage, he should have taken steps to stop the affair. Leading her on and torturing her was unconscionable, either forgive her or get a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well written as she fully excepted responsibility for her action , as for her husband he had the proof to confront her and stop the liason but instead of going with her he decided to see how long this would continue and after the confrontation still dragged out whether they would divorce or reconcile.

The ball is now in his court on how they move forward .

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Story was well written.

Result?

Fuck her cheating ass in the ass and leave her on a deserted highway outpost.

All of the B.S. HERE is too much.

In my world, fuckers get fucked.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Experts say it takes between one to two years after the affair to find a 'new normal'. So she's not giving him enough time. Sure he should get some counseling, but he needs to be ready for it.

As to why he didn't 'fight' for her, the battle was already over!! They are married. The fighting is basically done. She's the one who decided to leave the marriage. He's just left with the mess. He's not to far from the norm for what he's gone through. She's the one who needs to be seeing a counselor and figure herself out. Maybe by that time he might be ready to get some help. She can't put him on some timeline and say 'you need to get over this by x date and time'. He's the injured party. He gets better when he gets better.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

She was still a self-centred bitch. (I want us to, IE you to,) like she has already done something. Oh she did. Travel 5,000 miles to fuck her boyfriend. It's over girl you shot first and your bullet was fatal, he returned fire and got in a lucky hit and you bled out and are bitching about it.

SaltySurpriseSaltySurprise10 months ago

I can't believe she tried to put blame on her faithful husband

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Phil sees their relationship is between adults. He shows his respect to her by letting her decide. But she might be right. His love for her is gone.

silentsoundsilentsound10 months ago

Reading again and this was a really entitled and blame shifting bitch.

I do agree with her on one point though, he needs to leave this loser in his rearview mirror and quit playing stupid games.

She's just a slow witted goat in heat.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

3 stars. -1 star for all the BS (he shouldn't have had to "fight for her" - he already did that to get her to marry him), He shouldn't have had to act like her friend when she ripped his heart out. He shouldn't have had to "look at her with love" after she repeatedly cheated on him, lied to him and hurt him. -2 stars for him not finding a happy end with a deserving woman (and notice that the selfish cunt ONLY talks about how if they divorce she cares about HER next relationship. So much for admitting she's selfish and claiming she shouldn't be). +1 stars for her finally admitting to him her excuses were selfish BS, and being honest, AND for - what seems - giving him a fair divorce if he asks.

RuttweilerRuttweiler9 months ago
The marriage is lost

When confronted with the facts, the only acceptable response is complete truth, without evasion. Making your spouse dig through endless layers of lies reinforces the fact that you ultimately cannot be trusted.

Instead of sharing a life together, the cheater hides their true self behind a mask of falsehoods, pretending to love and care for their spouse.

You don’t know them. You think you do, but they are pretending to be the person you married.

When you ask for the truth and get more lies, get out.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

story was very good all points considered. Since it was published in 2005 it's probably clear that nothing more has happened and indeed, the marriage probably ended. It's a shame that it came to that point. Both of you messed up. Both of you failed in various ways. It's easy to understand that readers probably side one way or another but none get the point that eventually each of you needed to call a time out and talk and need a third party to maintain focus on points critical to a solution. At the very least, if all is lost each need to tell the other that the event is over and your lives as a team are also over.

Good story though ,, sad, but probably very accurate of todays lifestyle among married couples.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Story was good,,,, things that most cheaters should follow of what to do and say.

This being published in 2005 may be behind today's ability to obtain a post nup agreement but that agreement needs to be for both parties as in this story BOTH parties screwed up and both parties need to outline a narrow playing field going forward and going forward is absolutely in the cards for these two. A note on making rules... that is what the wedding vows are supposed to be. They each have a decision to make. A written agreement in the form of a pre or post nup agreement should not be needed but is an option. Even if the such an agreement was to be made up it physically shows that both parties do not have the soul to pull their differences together and to restore the emotion that embodied their initial love that created the marriage in the beginning. When you offer more rope to a person who never makes good use of the rope given both simply need to coil up the rope and go their separate ways.

To bad because i'm sure this is applicable in all marriages and this story is repeated thousands of times each day in all marriages.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Paul's fault, Paul's fault that's part of her justification. why didn't he fight for her. They were married. the fight for her should have ended with "I DO." Married how long she cheats and expect the miracle of him getting over her betrayal in just 6 months. NOT GONNA HAPPEN

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Stupid delusional bitch who is completely self-centered, now blames husband for not fighting for her? How about he starts fucking around on her to see if she'll fight for him? Never happen. She'd dump him in five seconds flat and try to clean him out in the divorce. Cheating skank slut loves only herself. Can't believe husband would stay anywhere near this evil whore. He should pack her bags, toss her in the car, drive to Jeff's and dump her in his front yard on her ass. Let him live with this narcissistic trash who will fuck around on him and then proceed to tell him why it's his fault. A good follow up would be how she continued in her betraying ways, got some good STD's and made the world a better place by departing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What a selfish cunt

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Most of the wife’s words are self serving. The why is shallow and the only thing she admits is she is “to blame” but adds he should have stopped her. I do not understand what he is thinking as she is mostly “beyond salvage”. Move on and let her inflict her self absorbed attitude on someone else.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Why didn't you fight for me? The anthem of sluts united.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Janet does go on-and-on and on-and-on, Why? To what end. I wish I could have spoken to her. I would ask "And your point is?"

rbloch66rbloch669 months ago

Synopsis: Stupid, selfish bitch gets caught cheating and still manages to hold hubby at fault for not stopping her. I think he lost his love for her when he first learned of the betrayal. It seems likely he was giving her opportunity to come clean, on her own. Clearly, she had no intention of doing so.

The premise for the story is ok, but the verbose ramblings that a woman offers as a ‘reason’ is tiring. Women seem to be the ones with a need to explain how things happened. Here’s a hint; guys does care how it happened… we care that it happened in the first place. Damage done, at that point, and it has been shown that resolution is rarely possible, and certainly never satisfying. It remains a shadow that, due to our own insecurities, never goes away. Self-preservation trumps all else, when it comes down to it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Excuses, excuses, excuses. This story went nowhere. Blaming her husband repeatedly for her infidelity is just poor writing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I would do anything for love, but i won't...

...take responsibility for my actions, take the blame, not try yo blameshift, not try to find excuses, put the effort in

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

she cheated him but putting blame on her husband is like psyco.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She took blame But also tried to blame him !?

Was he at fault? One time to many!

Then no. If can forgive a one time lapse then he should have confronted her the first time,!

I am undecided

Asterisk42Asterisk428 months ago

Where is his response?!

StruckwrongStruckwrong8 months ago

LOL it was actually his fault.

kamdev99008kamdev990088 months ago

Sugar coated crap from Chester's Handbook

Can be rated negative

Rated 2* because of writing skills

Donovan7777Donovan77778 months ago

The turnaround at the conclusion of the story is simply more self serving bullshit!!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I detest people who, after their bad behavior, try to turn it around on you and make it your fault. The only thing

I was convinced of in Janet's missive was that it would likely happen again.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Two people destroyed by three, Jeff was the catalyst but Janet and Phil allowed themselves to be drawn into the game. Janet quite willingly and Phil of his own device. His stupidity was to let the game go to the point where his wife became pregnant then puff up like a toad when he found out her wasn't the father biological. To bad for the boy because it looks like biodad left him a short stack to draw from.( Believe me I know the feeling). Then he talked about getting back with his wife until she figured the game out. One ass, two jokers in a game of five card stud with nothing wild. You lose.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The style of this story was really irritating. Maybe you should have posted in Letters and Transcripts? Trying to place any blame on the husband seemed like something straight out of the cheaters handbook. With her moving out the divorce should be a slam dunk. When you make a mistake in life, you correct it, move on and try NOT to make the same mistake again. He should let her go. No trusting her again and without trust there is no marriage.

MasterKoteMasterKote7 months ago

Another timetable of when the wronged spouse should forgive and go back to once was within a time frame. Sorry but ppl have diff ways to cope and timetable to grief

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wife cheated multiple times shes a cunt that needs divorce papers, that woman is untrustworthy and husband let her make her own decisions and she decided to cheat by the time he found out she already cheated and is worthless. Her letter is typical of a woman she blamed himself then her exes seduction then her innocent husband, why didnt you fight for me? Cheating bitch like you is not worth fighting for.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So what was the point of the writing of this? It appears to be a futile attempt and unworthy of sending it or writing it. No sincere effort to make an effort to provide action that would be of any value to the party of the 1st party from the 2nd party. no stars.

NoBullAlNoBullAl5 months ago

What a total crock of total BS!! She deliberately cheated and had an affair knowing that her husband would be hugely upset but blames him for not fighting for her!! Why would he? If he interfered (fought for her) the chances are likely that she would deny everything and then take more precautions to hide it from him rather than quitting rather than quit!! The only thing the husband is guilty of is not having the guts to pull the pin, kick the bitch o the curb and get a divorce!! Everything she writes just points to one way for him to proceed….BTB!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What a vain person she is. Why didn't you fight for me? Well why should he fight for a wife that is committing adultery. It should be the wife, in this case, that should be fighting for her marriage. "Do you want to go to bed with me?" "Ok then." The husband is correct, in all her rambling she did not say why she did it and the reason is, she has no care care about things, no fight, no honour, no commitment, no loyalty, and she walks out on the husband. Well now he has no wife all he has to worry about is the kicking and screaming of the divorce.

Dear self centred bitch, I am divorcing you for apathy.

OlefishermanOlefisherman5 months ago

She fucked someone other than her husband what did she expect to happen. Did she want metal or something. She acts like it , but in own new society where we have a all volunteer service and not enough military to stave off an attack from Mexico. Where our leader get us involved wars over oil and not politics. Most of the 911 bomers were from Saudi Arabia did we attack them hell no. We continued to kiss their ass until we made a fool of ourselves in n front of the whole world. Oh and our allies England home of the Russian Oligarchy like they really want to help us anymore. France fuck France. France has always taken care of number one France ask Ireland. Who unleash 1,000 former foreign Ligonier on the Irish UN troops in the Congo, Charles De Gall President of France. He wanted lithium and other minerals the Congo held. Like the women in this story she only cared a about herself.

Oh but lighten up it's only a story. Unlike the other information above which is fact also Biden has left our commercial fleet bare ass naked in the Indian Ocean, while even France has sent warship to escort it merchants vessels. Oh well as the French say Se la ve!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Why would any sane man fight for a slut? A wife has to be worth fighting for for a husband to make an effort for her. This author is clearly delusional.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Total bs. Her entire premise is “why didn’t YOU stop ME from wanting to screw around on YOU?” It’s nonsense to try to have a spouse that you can only trust when you can see them. You fight ALONG WITH your spouse. You shouldn’t have to fight FOR them - they’re already supposed to be yours.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What type of BS is this?clearly the cheating slut is delusional...once a slut ALWAYS a slut

chasbo38chasbo384 months ago

She accuses hm of not fighting for her. He was trying to decide if she was worth fighting for. Clearly he was trying to decide whether he could ever trust her again. She failed the test. He said he would not divorce her and suggested trying to save the marriage. He lied to her about trying to save the marriage. He was simply punishing her for what she had done. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he did not start the reconciliation attempt that way but that is the way it ended up. She cheated twice at two widely separate points in time. He has every right to assume she would do it again. She needs to accept that about herself. Time for them to go their separate ways.

OlefishermanOlefisherman4 months ago

Come on people this is just a story written by a disillusioned person with their head up their ass so far all they can see is the crap that they spue. He wrote about a woman that wanted to cheat on her husband and did for some excitement and romance from a guy that she knew was a jerk from the word go.

A friend of her husband and hers. Now isn't that just peachy.

Then telling her husband she'll make it up to him. How, invent an unfuckme machine? How do you undo a blowjob? Can you put the cum back in his balls? No I don't think you can make it up to him.

Men and women that fuck around on their families are fools they cut their own throats. In my years as a court councilor women who cheat create more problems for themselves than men, they make that emotional attachment that lingers and ends up causing divorce and drug and alcohol problems. They never allow themselves to heal.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I would say that marriage is already over, she is delusional, and he now just sees here as a useful whore. It if he was wiser, he should just walk away and file without further contact. But people can do surprising things or even out of character when badly betrayed. He changed after her serious infidelity and she was too delusional to see it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She alone is to blame.

Janet apologised then pointed the finger at Jeff and the innocent Phil, she could never truly take responsiblity for her cheating.

From her letter Phil became a distant husband post-affair, he tried to stay married but rightly couldnt let go of her betrayal. She said she learned her lesson and wouldnt cheat again but she promised the same thing on her wedding so I couldnt stop laughing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Janet still doesn’t get it. The last line is in passive voice: “wish that this had never happened.” That’s not taking responsibility. If she was truly penitent, she would say “I wish that I didn’t do it because it was wrong.”

Beware of people and groups who refuse to accept accountability for their choices!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Where is the reply?

OlefishermanOlefishermanabout 1 month ago

Come on people it just a story from an author that thinks that women deserve to fuck around on their husbands it's the thing on this site. There are more guys that are screwed over than women. It's the nature of the beast. The north fault divorce. Created by an overworked judiciary and the women in the background that were tiered of the reverse. You reap what you sow. Men sowed the whirlwind and now they are harvesting it.

Don't pay any attention to me I am just a old washed up policlitica appointee, fired for doing my job by the power change. There are many more like me and to them I say good luck.

TexarManTexarManabout 1 month ago

She finally gave him the answer he was waiting for. The answer he needs to help him understand why she cheated. My feeling as long as she never answered him how could he forgive her. Now it's like she is being to blame him for the e mess she created even though she said it was her fault. Counseling is the only way to get help at this point. A third neutral party 4 stars for effort.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Started out well but quickly became a long monologue wherein the wife found reason to heap blame on her husband. A waste of time for the reader.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous