All Comments on 'Truth & Consequences'

by capecodmercury

Sort by:
  • 450 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a fucking cheating wife will do to avoid responsibility for fucking another man. He should burn the letter and send her the ashes HooRah

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Again comments below from stupid fucks who think this story is an episode from real life.

The story is well written but ultimately complete nonsense. Firstly, the author is a man trying to write as a cheating wife. I've been married for nearly 60 years and still have no idea how my wife's mind works and I call liar any man who says they understand the way a women thinks. Secondly, no wife who truly loves her husband would cheat on him. People cheat when their marriages have already failed. It only happens in the world of LW if it didn't there wouldn't be any stories.

The author hasn't published here in nearly 15 years so direct comments are pretty much wasted.

des67des67almost 3 years ago

@Anon, last to comment... Wrong, my ex cheated because she had a miscarriage and low self-esteem as a result... I found this out in court-appointed counseling... Men cheat for reasons that don't make sense to Women and vise versa but that doesn't mean the marriage was already failing... I will add the asshole she was banging met a few baseball bats and 6 angry Husbands who wanted revenge rumour has it, he helped formed the foundation of a high rise... Ok, not much of a rumour... Some cant tell if a story is, fact or fiction, agreed they are stupid fucks... Congrats on 60 years of wedded bliss, definately a rarity in todays world...

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24almost 3 years ago

I didn't finish it but by what I read I can tell that this woman is really the slefish type. Incapable of thinking beyond herself.

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

Rather than saving the marriage this letter would signal its death knell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love how he just treats her like the whore she is. She says why not fight for her? Why should he! He did that before and as a result they got married. It should not have to happen time and time again. Doesn't matter if he prevented the additional cheating. Once was enough so again, why fight?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wish writers would say when a “story” is one sided because this isn’t a story, literally one long stupid letter

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You really must have been a melancholy mind set when you wrote this. I couldn't even read it fully but just started skimming it after the first few paragraphs. I mean who really cares what is going through her mind. Just say she became a whore and will now move on and continue being a whore. The fact that after the actions she did, that her loser of a husband actually still stays with her to "work it out" is just an exercise in futility.

You should really think of changing the title to "LOSERS LAMENT" it really applies to both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another piece of shit attempt at writing a "story". Just meaningless bull shit spewing from a whores mouth. What did she expect, SHE broke her marriage vows.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Started out well and i was into it. Until she started the "why didnt you fight for me" bullshit. he shouldnt have to fight for you... and just as it was you who started the affair he was watching to see if you would continue or end the affair. he had no obligation to you after the first time you were unfaithful. if he stopped you then with no proof you would have just gaslighted him and denied everything. low score just because of those few pargraphs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WTF. This cheating bitch has the nerve to foist the blame onto her husband. He was giving you the rope to hang yourself you stupid cunt. He should have dumped your cheating ass the first time he was able to prove you were cheating. This story must have been written by a woman.

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

"Why didn't you fight for me you bastard?"

/

Becuase by the time I knew there was an issue you were already a cheating whore. Why would I stop a cheating whore who had already betrayed me? You had already fucked the guy, why would it matter if you did it again?

/

FYI the stress of trying to save our marriage has left me depressed and I have been fired from my job. Now as you are demanding a divorce because I am failing to forgive you fast enough for YOUR emotional needs I'm afraid you will need to pay me alimony for the next few years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Feel the husband should have a response to this letter stating it wasn't up to him to fight for her as she was the one in the driving seat of this affair and therefore had the power to stop it or ask for a divorce.

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreenerover 2 years ago

Would like to hear what happened. They do need counselling

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

What a self absorbed cunt...

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manover 2 years ago

It was a trip, let's say, interesting... A trip through the "understanding" of the mediocre, pathetic and deserved life, by a slut, naughty, traitor, liar and conniving.

A life of shit, that she shit herself.

Charging the cuckolded husband, a behavior different from what he was receiving, is downright outrageous.

That her husband should have thrown the book at her from the start, no doubt... But then he would lose the opportunity to "get even" on her.

What she went through this last year, was just the payment for her selfish, vile attitude and complete lack of love and respect for her husband.

It's time to close the account and issue the receipt. And it's no use putting it in Phil's account... It's up to Janet all the costs for shit done and received

If there was a sequel, it should only have a written message from Phil for her... It should be like Arnold Schwarzenegger would say, in his Terminator character, in 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day: "Hasta la vista, baby."

But that's just my opinion.

DsheePeehDsheePeehover 2 years ago

Wow - I am not really surprised but still taken aback by the hate that I find in almost all comments here. Yes, I know that us, reading the „cheating stories“ all have our reason to stick to these genre, we have our own history and many have gone through similar experience and pain.

Hey Bro - have you been cheated on too? But all you hypocrates, are you still telling yourself, that it was all „her“ fault? You have been the loving and caring always attentive partner? Then I honor with you with the „holy shine“.

This story digs a bit deeper than the usual shallow BTB - and I understand it: some of you hate to feel that there is something that resonates, making you aware, that you may have played a not so innocent part in your personal drama.

A different story, not a simple BTB or RAAC. Complex thoughts - not all to my liking. But all worth to think about it. I gave it 5 stars. Now come out and beat on me!

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

I thought this was really well written. It really did a decent job of showing us the decline of a damaged marriage.

Sadly though, this went off the rails with this line "Why didn't you fight for me you bastard?"

The issue with that is, is that she wasnt fighting for her marriage either. Regardless of whom it was doing the cheating, the moment the cheater feels the other spouse should have "fought" for their marriage, they are clearly not accepting the blame for what happened.

Why wouldnt any spouse want to see if their spouse would end it on their own? If they did, perhaps their marriage can be salvaged, but if the innocent spouse has to stop them, well it just sets them up for another go round. Frankly, statistics back that up....omce a cheater always a cheater is wasnt created out of the blue.

So this went from really well done, to trash in the end. But its what many writers do, as in the line "Dont worry he/she loves you, they wont throw away 20 years of a great marriage because you made one mistake". That line is as stupid as the end of your story. Its never a mistake and the cheated upon spouse isnt throwing away the marriage, the cheater already did.

Granted you're long gone but still.................................

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Forgiveness is earned through showing genuine remorse. The wife clearly did not earn it here. The guy couldn't forgive despite an extended post-affair attempt because he did not believe her. She was right to leave and he would have been wise too divorce her. The story is well done. Not a typical BTB and better so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why would you fight for someone who is so self-absorbed and lacking any true love and fidelity for you? She's right, you both have to "fight together" for marriage to work, but she has shown no evidence she won't do it again if he fall short of her expectations. Not saying he's a good guy, but she's not worth the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fuck Janet. If this cuck takes her back he is an idiot. No matter how she spins it, she is blaming him for the affair.

lbeachamlbeachamabout 2 years ago

Never, never let a wife go anywhere without trust, communication and verification. Never. Always be in a a position to walk away if needed. Plan for the worst and seek the best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well rid of the cheater!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This "explanation" is right out of the narcissistic toxic feminist handbook. Now that she has come to some kind of deluded understanding of what she has done she has zero patience to wait for him to come to terms with what she did. In the end she blames him for what she did like a child would. She needs to get herself a pair of big girl pants and put them on.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 2 years ago

typical blame him for not fighting for you....please, if your already his why does he have to fight you? He bought a house and a car,,,does he have to fight for them? He has a kid with the mom, the question is why does he have to fight for his rights as a father. Look in the mirror bitch and you'll see who he has to fight. It her not the other guy, because he can only do what you LET him do.

bigurnbigurnabout 2 years ago

Wah, wah, It meant nothing, so it's OK... Right ?

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Really.outstanding example of an author using the logical error of circular reasoning. We start this rather tortuous tale with the sociopathic narcissistic slut wife admitting full responsibility for destroying her marriage by her betrayal. Then by introducing a plethora of red herrings and straw men arguments she ends by placing the blame on the man she cuckolded for not properly confronting and “battling” for their marriage that she has already stipulated that she destroyed by her unilateral betrayal.

This kind of convoluted nonsense is not a story but a pseudo intellectual circle jerk.

1 star for wasting our time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why didn't he go with her to the convention when he knew Jeff would be there? Uhh...to give her a chance at doing the right thing? Because he's suppose to trust her? Because if he did he would be called jealous or insecure? Because he's her husband and not her jailer? Because Jeff would have seen it as a challenge and got a quick blowie from every chance he got her alone? Because the husband she was cheating on probably didn't want to have to look at the jerk his wife was cheating with every 5 minutes?

naaaaa....because he set her up! of course! It's a giant conspiracy!

Actually giving it 5 stars because it's incredibly accurate at how cheaters respond and think they're being deep and smart. Been binging on reddit cheating stories for the past few months and it's pretty spot on.

Turning502019Turning502019about 2 years ago

She has issues. Run. Is there a story with his response. Very well written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Husband: "Byyyyyyeeeee bitch"

Anallicker01Anallicker01about 2 years ago

Enjoyed the writing but her 1st admitting her affair and then turning it 180 ' and blaming hubby for not "protecting"

her is bunk! Obviously, the wife is the main author to the "Cheating Wives Handbook"! Sure would enjoy a 2nd chapter! Any chance, in the near future?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Bitches be crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Was OK until she tried to blame her failure on him. I hope he was dating during the year he had her body to relieve the pressure to have sex with his new interest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Blah,blah,blah! What a twat! Cheating over and over with a former lover is a deal-breaker! The she spends 6 months of sneaky cyber-sexing with the guy? Dump her!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story. Guaranteed to bring out the women-haters from their cellars.

For the benefit of those who cannot read and understand at the same time: she did not try to blame her husband for her infidelity: she fessed up fully to how she made the error and why. She simply asked him why the hell he didn't fight to prevent its continuation once he was fully aware of how Jeff was pursuing her again.

For a husband who professed to want to continue their marriage regardless not stepping in at that point was simply stupid.

Even more stupid was his desire to use her as a fuck toy, as if somehow essentially coercing her into his personal whore was all that was needed to fix things. The old saying about a perfect wife being a lady in the day and in most of her home, but a whore in the bedroom is not a recipe for coercion. The wife needs to willingly take part.

Hub may be the wronged party but since he refuses to go to counselling etc then there isn't a cat in hell's chance of them growing back together. And that's not to recommend RAAC, it's simply a fact: he's in denial about getting it all out in the open and resolving their problems. If they can't resolve their problems then why the hell is he so adamant that they should fix their marriage?

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

typical cheater mantra blaming the spouse for not fighting for her or making her feel loved...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Typical thought process of a cheating, lying slut. I read so many passages here where she shifted the blame back on hubby that I wanted to throw up. Minimizing her actions by calling her trysts a "mistake" shows what kind of a self serving, self centered, entitled person she is.

Let her stay gone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The sneering anon below has reading comprehension issues. For example, the slut's blame shifting using the "fight for me" cliche is only convincing if you believe women are children lacking true moral agency. If they are children, they shouldn't vote or hold any position of responsibility. Does our anon believe that? The only time a man should have to fight for his woman is when someone is putting her in physical danger; it doesn't include having to police her slutting. Moreover, as written she believes that her penance should be short term. IRL, does anyone think that the anger and pain for the wronged party, which is only the husband and not in any sense the slut, would significantly dissipate after just some months? His continuing to keep her is more than she deserves, but she doesn't understand "for better or for worse" even when she created the "for worse". So, there is a second betrayal of her vows. As for faulting the husband for refusing counseling, you might as well criticize him for refusing to attend a seance or visit a witch doctor. "Counseling" as a "profession" is one of the destructive superstitions of our age.

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

Another cheater trying to justify her actions and expects forgiveness and forgetfulness in a certain timeline. Sorry but I doubt anyone would be able to within a cple yrs. I hate the statement, it never took anything away from u. Sorry but memories are also taking away something even if not physically

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

Yeah, like most folks, even in real life, it is always hubbies fault. Women are faultless, virtuous, and sincere. Even in domestic violence cases where injury has occurred to the male, he is most likely arrested, and not believed. Cheaters deflect and women get away with it in the courts too. Just blah, perepetuating injustice here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bla, bla, bla- It’s all about wifey. Even with this long letter, she still has not accepted that what happens to their marriage, is in HIS hands, not hers. And taking him to task, for not immediately confronting her, and trying to get her to stop? This is just some drivel, written by a Narcissist bitch. If you have to keep your sig other under lock and key, you don’t have a relationship. And surprisingly, most men who hunt such married women, DO NOT want them as a permanent fixture in their lives. After all, if he can get her to cheat on a near perfect relationship, the slut cant be trusted. Cut her loose, and get on with your life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Had you signed it with Karen and added a bit some female empowerment books, courses, group, etc of the extremist feminist malarkey it would of been more believable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a bunch of crap. She cheats, and then decides to rake him over the coals, on the way he responds to it?

One star, for the delusional, Narcissist bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"Why didn't you fight for me you bastard? "

The real questions is WHY the wife didn't fight for her marriage instead of fucking other men in the first place. Typical entitled selfish cunt response. The wife's tactic is called, blame shifting and victim shaming. She's still hasn't shown any true remorse and her entitlement is still front in center in that she expects that reconciliation is her right and should occur on her time schedule

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Feminist psycho babble to justify cheating with no consequences- hit the road! MEN, never take a cheater back!!! EVER - once means always

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really degenerated at the end. Just fell off a cliff. Self rationalization and narcissism. Just the fact that she continues the affair online and then went back again and then lied all about it and then tried to lie to minimize is just beyond. No reconciliation would be possible. I don't understand why the husband sat on it so long if he wants to try to save the marriage. But the rest of her logic near the end of the letter is deeply flawed. She needed to see a one on one therapist first to come to grips with herself. And they definitely needed a marriage counselor. It is not easy to forgive let alone forget. Takes time. And she doesn't want to pay the dues. She wants him to put up or shut up / divorce. Again narcissism sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

deflection it's not my fault so it must be yours, not worth the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All of the hysterical spoutings about "deflection" and "blame shifting" are written by small minded males who come to this site avidly seeking an opportunity to spout off their predetermined bs. Sadly, they either refuse to read and go straight for the throat or are incapable of comprehending what is written. In this case, the wife clearly takes responsibility for her actions over and over again. So that is not an issue. She freely admits that what she did is wrong and bad. So that is not an issue. Then she tells her husband that their attempt at reconciliation is failing and tells him why. Since he is part of this process, it is logical, rational, wholly acceptable, and, indeed, required that she state why, in her eyes, his efforts are both inappropriate and failing. That's all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

BTB AND GET IT OVER WITH.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104over 1 year ago

This is realistic and well done. 5 stars. Despite being the guilty party, Janet's point of view and complaints are understandable.

BUT... "Why didn't you fight for me?" is a line of thinking I've always found insufferable. Why didn't Janet fight for herself? Her point is reasonable - it takes a special person to just passively observe their wife careen into a renewed affair - but that blame can't be apportioned.

Janet cones across as pretty reasonable in the aftermath. I hope she applies these lessons to her 2nd marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Clearly Phil's most appropriate response is to never have contact with the selfish, self excusing slut ever again. After all, it's what she said she wanted. Good riddance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I would like to tell you to take all of the time you need, but I cannot wait forever and neither can you."

Translation: "Go ahead and eat your shit sandwich and get over it already. I'm ready to move on with or without you."

Gee, an entitled cheater who feels entitled to forgiveness and reconciliation and expects it according to their time table. Who would have expected that?

Janet's entire letter is self serving and self pitying. According to professionals, there is no time limit neither upwards or downwards to "getting over" infidelity, Just like there's any time limit to overcome a breakup, to recover from a layoff at work or to overcome the grief over the death of a loved one. Times are very personal when it comes to emotions and in infidelity the hurricane of emotions. Janet's demand here is indicative of her selfishness and entitlement.

Phil does need to just divorce the selfish entitled cunt as she hasn't learned anything is still just as selfish and entitled as she ever was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The guy then tosses the the letter into the nearest trash can he finds as the letter is nothing but trash.

First of you dumb slut you thought sex would fix this return the intimacy. Not a chance the intimacy is no longer special to him. As it was shared with another man, it no longer means anything its just sex now. That is why he fucked you,

Second you trying to pass the buck saying that the affair was only a symptom of a much deeper problem with the marriage. No you my dear slut you wanted more cock, looked for it found it,

I hate sluts who try to share blame when they know it was all on them.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 1 year ago

I have come back to this story and read it with new eyes. The wife's statements at the end were poignant but also very short sighted. Asking why he didn't confront her immediately and so forth. She doesn't understand at all why her husband who loved her very much didn't fight for her?

I refuse to believe that she wrote and figured everything else out so well that she cannot reason out his choices in that regard. For that simple fact of her lack of compassion? He should move forward with the divorce after he explains his reasons. Hopefully she will learn better in her second marriage. A shame really.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hopefully he used the six months to hide as much money as possible before the divorce.

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

A slut who thinks her marriage could be put back together quickly and stay as it was prior to her cheating ways

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

well written but leaving the ending open made the reading a waste of time

bruce1971bruce1971over 1 year ago

Wow, hard to believe this story's been on here for 17 years. It hits a narrative problem that still really plagues LW. As Bacchant2 and JohnAmalfi4104 (among others) point out below, as much as Janet is a whiny, self-indulgent jackass, she has a point. Slow investigation and testing is a recurring theme in LW: often, the betrayed husband gathers evidence, prepares his case, contacts his lawyer, moves money around, etc., without ever actually confronting his wife.

Some authors offer up a reason for this--if she finds out that I know, she won't act the way she usually does, or she'll foil my plans for revenge, or I'll never know if she WOULD have cheated, etc. At the end of the day, though, those justifications still leave us with a problem. After all, if your marriage is the most important thing in your life, and the trust you share with your wife is paramount, why wouldn't you display that trust here, and why wouldn't you do everything in your power to change her path before it's too late?

This isn't to say that there's never a reason for the main character to keep his investigation hidden--actually, almost any of the excuses in the last paragraph would probably justify secrecy. But it's still important to jump through the hoops of that narrative justification, if only to make the MC appear to be the rational, loving husband that he usually insists he is.

Moonbat74Moonbat74over 1 year ago

Typical female logic here. I fucked up, you need to get over it, and hey, a lot of this is your fault because you didn't stop me from being a slut. Then she gives him a time limit and ultimatum. Any self respecting man would boot the cunt to the kerb and never look back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

cheating slut blaming her husband. call he Tell Her to Drop Dead

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I want us to get back to where we were when we first got married." Really? A very nice sentiment. BTW we all hope your head doesn't hurt too badly after falling on it. Presenting a story in the form of a tiresomely detailed letter almost never works. This story is no exception. Reading this got old very quickly. Please try again but this tale gets no more than 3 stars and the third is there only because you made the effort to write something presentable. Thank you for that much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a bunch of fucking tripe. Just how fucking stupid does she think her husband is? My opinion: he should get a divorce lawyer, serve her ass, and get a permanent restraining order on her just to make she she doesn't try contacting him except by going through his lawyer. Ever.

As for the rest: as soon as she gets involved with another guy, "someone" should give her new man a heads up about what he's sticking his dick into.

Inflict maximum pain. I think doing that to her for rest of her life will just about cover it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She's a self centered bitch even in her letter. Why didn't he confront her after the first time? She had already damaged the marriage beyond repair, that's why. However, it's fair for her to question why he has chosen to continue. She doesn't have the right to call him out for the pain she is now in however because she brought that upon herself when she cheated the first time.

It was a little wordy TBH. You could have cut the word count by at least 25%. You effectively reiterate several things several (more) times than necessary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He did fight for her, and they were married. He should not have to constantly prove his love other than being a good and loving husband. Why didn't he confront you with his knowledge of your affair? The same reason as you had. Perhaps this was a onetime slip, perhaps you wouldn't respond to Jeff 's emails and blandishments. He gave you your freedom and you chose to trash your vows again. Yes, you were weak, but what are the chances of your being weak again? You still don't seem to understand what you put him through. The final few paragraphs of your letter prove that you give him equal blame for your indiscretions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The fucking cunt tries to blame her husband for her being a cheating whore. He should have dumped her immediately.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

and why is this pig still walking around with teeth in her skull?

fritz51fritz51over 1 year ago

If there was ever PROOF of her selfish, arrogant attitude, and that he needed to move on, it's right there in that god awful letter. Hit the road, Jack.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

She's dumping too much of her guilt, weakness, betrayal and disrepect back on her husband. And she has provided nothing to show that she still isn't a weak, immoral slut that wouldn't do it again.

She is trying to re-write history to want him to accept a big portion of blame for her affair.

His actions, as she has indicated are not ones of a person looking to get back together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why has the writer no longer submitting stories you may ask?

Simple .... the "vast" majority of readers on this site refuse to accept his/her's "cheating WHORE wife Apologist" agenda!

Btw capecodmercury, don't forget to say allow to Matt Moreau! You two should get along "swimmingly"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Slut wife fucks around and does not like her husbands reaction or treatment. How about dont spread your legs and this does not happen

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The thing is that I did confront my wife when I found out. The affair was already over. We worked together because we did love each other and wanted to keep our family together. I have a brother that went through a divorce. His wife cheated and said that she didn't love him anymore. She wanted him to leave because her aunt and uncle owned where they lived. I said told him if she wanted out she should leave. She said if I can't have the children I just as well be dead. I said she needed mental help. A lot more of that divorce I thought he should have fought. The funny thing was that the asshole she cheated with was not the asshole she married. The poor children floated between 4 home WOW I didn't want that for sure. We are still together. There has been tough times that I was pissed at her when I would have flash backs. She said a few times can't you forgive me. I would say I have or I would not be here. Sometimes she would say don't you love me? I would say I do or I wouldn't be here. Life has been good except for a few rough times.

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

Janet, Good bye, Phil (your ex-Bastard)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So he should fight for his wife? What a delusional despicable person she is. So it’s all his fault for not stopping her doing what she should have stopped herself from doing? What a whore!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Story was flowing nicely until the victim blaming started, oh well.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

I'm not sure he is at fault for not confronting her early on or for not fighting for her. He is definitely at fault for refusing to put forth any effort in fixing their marriage. Counseling is an automatic given and just a start down the road towards healing and forgiveness. You can't just say it, actions need to happen as well. Fish or cut bait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written and realistic emotions. While I get some of the commenters below upset by what is near the end of the letter, it is true that the husband needs to come to grips with why he is not participating in reconciling when he says he wants to save their marriage. Also he needs to understand why he did not intervene at any point. I can kind of understand why he did not intervene in October or go with her. He wanted to see if she would go through with it and catch her. But that should only be if he plays to have her served or something, and wants some measure of revenge to shock her. If his plan is to reconcile (so he says) then he absolutely should have gone to the conference with her when she asked, seeing it as a sign for support and help. He read the emails. Maybe I can see why he did not intervene after the first conference, but not calling her out on her lies seems cowardly and as she said would have at least put the affair in the ground. But once he read the emails. Has the proof and sees her vacillating and then engaging in cyber sex. Well that is retarded. You can argue it wasn't his responsibility, as she is a grown woman. Bullshit. Something is wrong. Jeff is clearly working her. He read the emails. He would are no malice on her part. She is his wife. Part of his vow is to cherish and protect her. I get that he is emotionally conflicted but even if you don't take him to task for failing to fight for her, then you have to admit he is a total idiot or had his own affair on the side. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good riddance bitch. Now that your gone please stay gone

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The ramblings of a selfserving bitch of a wife that any man would be lucky to be rid of. A hypocrite from start to finish. If only he had her suffer an accident, something like kidnap her, drug her and perform some cosmetic surgeries on her, like breast reduction (to zero), vagina-ectomy, cutting off the labia an clitoris, the works. After all, she is to be treated as she deserves. This way, she's a true shell of a person with a platic nub (with a twist on cap) to pee from and an asshole. Everything else is off the table.

Another commenter said "realistic emotions", yes, very real, the realistic "emotions" of a sociopath.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The premise of the story "Forgiveness must be earned" is false!

Forgiveness is an unselfish heart, willing to put aside the offence and even though remembered, not bring it up again or use it against another.

The selfish heart wants payment!, wants to punish!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What the stupid slut should do is accept the punishment for her betrayal that she earned, 6 months is nothing, she can expect to be a suspect for years, not month because of her self-centered acts and lack she of understanding that he won't be trusting her for a long time to come. She still just wants him to forgive, forget and move on with no pain for her, screw that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If she couldn't stop herself from repeating him betrayal of her own accord, what is the wife she of staying with a weak, stupid, selfish, dishonorable slut who can't control herself, she doesn't deserve a faithful husband, she deserves the type scumbag she cheated with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a dirtbag wife - she cheated and wants to blame the husband for not fighting…. She wants no consequences, she lies like all shearers do… she wanted her cake and to eat it too….dump that piece of trash … she is a worthless slut!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is good on many levels, but predictably it is chum in the water for the haters. I love that you wrote this thought provoking piece, but if you do something similar again do way with the comments. All that does is clear a pathway for the haters to vent and spew, mindlessly.

There is no reflection chip in them. The wife s right here, she fully caused this to happen and deserves whatever consequences befall her. But she also is right that the husband sat back in his ass, knowing what was happening and just let it happen, and let it get worse when she was asking for his help. What kind of lovin spouse sits around and watches the person they love dig a deeper and deeper hole?, just collectingbevudencevlievfucking Columbo. That’s not a loving spouse that’s just a vengeful score keeper. Frankly, this is the wife’s fault but I think she’s better off without this passive candy ass. If my wife was tempted to cheat, I’d be pretty pissed by it but I’d also be in full

Damage control mode; unhappy about her inclination, but looking to stop what I could rather thsn collecting evidence for the executioner, especially when she specifically asked for my help. Sitting on your hands is a doofus move. A putz she can do without. Who stands by and simply let’s their wife fall off a Cliff saying well, “it’s her fault she was behaving like an idiot” the wife is right, I wouldn’t trust a spouse who stood around watching me implode just to get all the evidence. A simpleton twat for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@anonymous 6 below, speaking sociopaths, “mirror,” and, “hello kettle, pot calling.”

MarkTwineMarkTwineover 1 year ago

Well that was as one big steaming pile of shit. The cunt cheated and then blames her husband for giving up on her. She asked him why he didn’t fight for her. Because any married man that fights for his wife is an idiot fighting for a prize that’s not worth having. A married person shouldn’t have to fight to keep their spouse. Anyone who would want to keep the bitch is a pathetic loser.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

Sermonizing claptrap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nothing wrong with waiting to see exactly who you happen to be married to. Now, after the first few fucks writing her off and moving on would be much better than the timeline shown here, as others have said, strange, limp-wristed behavior there. But as far as treating her like a child that needs boundaries and spousal pressure to make the right choices? I just don’t buy it, these are adults, not babies. The only person who should be doing damage control is the one deciding to damage in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

what a self serving BITCH

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Why didn’t you fight for me, you bastard!!!!

Really???

Your reasoning here is fucked up totally Capecod.

He never needed to fight for her again, he’d already done that.

Tha ball is firmly in her court, she has to do all the fighting, and she didn’t. All she’s done is write a long whining letter of pathetic excuses. She deep down cannot really face up to what she’s done. She says she has but she hasn’t. Now in truly manipulative way she is trying to seek the moral high ground at the end of the marriage.

What a pathetic bitch she is.

She seriously needs ditching.

In any divorce she’d be quick to be in there fighting for every miserable cent she can get, the hypocrite.

Given the pain she caused she should file and take little from the divorce. If she was honest that’s what she should do to show true remorse.

But she won’t do that will she, the cunt!!!!

Rescored from 2/5 to 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Different and thoughtful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The signature: just "Janet," no "love," not even a "sincerely," tells the story. She's already gone.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 1 year ago

Cunt. Capital cunt. A delusional bitch, self-centered, and unable to accept blame. He isn't too much better. 2 stars, it really made me ill. the Bear does not approve.

The BEAR

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Not hubbies job. The fighting, winning over, contract creation already done previously. The attitude here is oh so typical of modern society. Author is totally off the mark.

Hiram325Hiram325about 1 year ago

What a delusional slutty whore of a wife. Phil ca do a hell of a lot better than her, let her go.

NonSequitourNonSequitourabout 1 year ago

I cheated but it's your fault for not stopping me. FUCK YOU, BITCH!

LoejtcLoejtcabout 1 year ago

As soon as the author wrote “why didn’t you fight for me”, he had to know he’d stir up a hornet’s nest of “cuck shit anons” who would ignore the rest of the story and focus on it.

What caught my attention as the fact that Phil suspected the affair during the first convention and subsequently had knowledge of the emails between Janet and Jeff leading up to the second convention. He had all the evidence needed to file for divorce based on adultery but instead decides to “catch them in the act” at the second convention. This in spite of the fact that Janet pleaded with him to attend the convention with her! What kind of prick does that.? Clearly Phil’s motive was never to reconcile but rather to inflict vengeance. Then by pretending to want to save their marriage he continues to punish her .

Janet willingly, repeatedly and maliciously committed adultery. She deserves no pity. Phil is a vengeful prick. Janet deserves to be cast aside and getting away from Phil is in her own best interests.

MtTopView59MtTopView59about 1 year ago

Well thought out narrative. Those who think that marriage isn’t something that has to be worked at have never had a successful marriage or are in an abusive one. The cheating here wasn’t the problem but the possibly final fatal symptom.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Creative and poignant story told through a letter. However, her kneed betrayal not only atnthe conference but the six month long cyber affair is a hideous betrayal, not to mention her falling for Jeff again in September ad if it was some inexorable result. Bs. That being said, the husband acted weird. He knew she lied multiple time at the convention and did not confront her on the lies during her time there or after. Doing so would have likely disrupted the affair, though after the second time she felt no guilt and her all her dumb rationalizations set up, and was more than willing to lie further. So that is debatable but to be clear 95% of guys would bitch about the obvious lies even if it triggered arguments. But what is beyond my comprehension is his reading her emails and not intervening then. He has proof of a cybersexual affair and I am sure written proof of their extramarital sex at the first conference. That is a no brainer. You don't need photographic evidence. But even weirder is he doesn't confront, warn, or travel with her to the September conference six months later. Some will argue nit his job to prevent. But why not scare the shit out of her by telling her you know what she has been doing with Jeff. And then yo top it off, he finally confronts her (lamely through a hotel door) and then all of sudden wants to save their marriage. Huh? His "wait and see" strategy is terrible with no benefits to him in any way. Makes no sense. Uggh.

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 year ago

Very nice. The last part of the mail, husband's actions, or inactions, is spot on. Stay or leave. But either way, commit to your decision.

Someone said when seeking revenge, dig 2 graves. One for yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@ibuguser you've been drinking the feminazi/white knight kool aid.

The entitled slut looked hard and managed to find a way to blame others for her actions and the consequences that came of them.

Why should he fight for her anymore? The whole point of the marital vows is that one belongs to the other. You treasure each other but none have yo fight for the others attention, respect, love, fidelity, honesty and so on.

In fact he was giving the unworthy cunt chance after chance to come clean, to seek forgiveness, to show remorse, she showed none. More than that she points to him as the untrustworthy one.

What a despicable human being, if you can call such a person that. He should just send everything to the family, friends and acquaintances of both the scum so the the world knows what kind of scum they are.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous