All Comments on 'When Fantasy Becomes Reality Ch. 02'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 390 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

She disrespected him for how long by her actions and he took her back, that calls for losing his man card.

Tootight1Tootight1about 7 years ago
good story

yes. Do I believe it is a believable story, yes. The ending was a little abrupt, but that was a pretty blunt session she had with the Therapist, or councilor wasn't it. Does it equate to her behavior, maybe, if she had been telling the truth all along.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 7 years ago
BS

The reconciliation is NOT believable. She pushed him way over any acceptable limit and showed no understanding at all of what she was doing. The ending is perhaps the worst of all where they lived happily ever after with some problems that we nobly dealt with. Crap. Try actually thinking about life after a dubious reconciliation and think of how weak it the future relationship is going to be. Think rather than sprinkle fairy dust.

fisheronefisheroneabout 7 years ago
Pushed to Far

In the beginning I think some of this could have been avoided if husband hadn't gotten drunk and stuck by her side. She was a child in a candy store and needed spousal help. I would have drawn a line sooner and would had it out before vacation. But I am glad they discovered what was important.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
2* Sorry but I'm not buying your ending

Narcissitic bitchy whore wife suddenly has an epiphany and decides to become a wife and a mom again while pumping out 4 books in a year. Really??? Come on SirCreamPuff, get your head out of your....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not

Not just an abrupt ending, but a bad one. He should have kicked her out of the house, out of his life, and out of his kids' life. Yeah, I said HIS kids. She had basically already moved on, deserting him and the kids. He should have dumped her, let her become a rich and famous writer without him and the kids holding her back. He would be much better off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
tough to believe

Funny that husband did not notice missing wedding ring.

Only one reason spouse takes and leaves ring off when on extended stays far away from family. Add in the numerous open mouth kisses, not being in her room all night many times...OH BUT SHE WAS NOT CHEATING!!!

Husband should have asked Tony and her other dates.

She screwed around and got away with it. Not sure why he took her back as I am sure young Beth would have loved to move in.

In the land of Loving Wives the husband would hire PI, use wife's income to pay for surveillance and would have truth in less than a week

Slirpuff is wonderful author but he must have grown weary or bored during the writing of this story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nah!!

Once she experienced fame and glory, there is no going back.... and if anybody would believe she was celibate then they would still believe in the Easter Bunny. If I was Steve, the divorce would go through and then start looking for a new life without her.

1WiseSage1WiseSageover 6 years ago
Woman Hater

Character, and author - misogynistic assholes. Make the woman a slave -- naked, pregnant and tied to the stove. That's some concept of "marriage" and "love"!!

She should have divorced him a long, long time ago. In fact, she should never have married such a dick-head!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Survey

VICTOR HERE-

I know it's just a story. But just in case there is miniscule chance of truth in it.

HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS THINK SHE HAD SEX IN NEW YORK? BECAUSE I FOR ONE SURE AS HELL DO.

LET ME EXPLAIN MY REASONING....

I WAS 22 YEARS OLD 3 YEARS AGO, AND I WENT TO VISIT MY ANCHESTRAL VILLAGE. ITS WAS A FESTIVE TIME AND WHERE IM FROM SUCH PRACTICE IS NOT UNCOMMON. SO, ALONG WITH THE MASSES THAT WERE MY TRAVEL COMPANIONS WE SPENT A NIGHT ON A HOTEL BY THE ROAD. AND THIS WOMAN, WHOM I HAD LATER RECOGNIZED TO BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF MY CHURCH, WENT HAND IN HAND WITH A MAN I WAS 100% CERTAIN WAS NOT HER HUSBAND. THEY WENT INTO A SINGLE BED ROOM AND SPENT THE NIGHT THERE. UPON REFLECTION, I WAS CERTAIN THAT ON THE ROAD THIS WOMAN ACTED DISGUSTED WITH THIS MAN, BECAUSE HE WAS FLIRTING WITH HER AND USING 5CENT LINES THAT WOULDN'T WORK ON A HOKER... AND FYI. CATCHING PEOPLR IN THE ACT OF CHEATING IS HARD. THEY TURNED OFF ALL THE LIGHTS IN THE ROOM SAVE FOR A TINY LUMANESENCE LIGHT AND MY PHONE COULDN'T CAPTURE SHIT. AND LET ME TELL YOU I WAS USING ALMOST 300 DOLLARS WORTH OF SMARTPHONE. SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THE QUALITY. AND ALSO, IT'S NEVER LIKE IN THE PORN VIDEOS WHERE THE GIRLS SCREAM THEIR LUNGS OUT... THIS WOMAN JUST MOANED OR WHIMPERED BARELY AUDIBLE... I LATER TOLD HER HUSBAND WHAT HAPPENED BUT WITHOUT ANY POOF.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Your endings suck ballz

Good read u bro I the end. Learn to write a complete story. Qhml1 could teach you alot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@1wisesage

One typical feminazi is more like it.

Nothing in story indicates husband wanted to enslave wife.

Actually she wanted him to be servant. She wanted fame and lovers and to occasionally visit kids.

He offered her divorce, she did not want it.

Actually he would be better off away from that selfish narcissistic person she always was

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wanna Buy the Brooklyn Bridge?!

Figured I'd wait 'til I read chapter two and then comment on the whole story.

First,the ending doesn't work! Her self-centered,boorish behavior had been going on for over a year and a half. No way she wasn't banging guys while in NYC! Christ,she was seen on national TV twice with men other than her husband,the 1st time making out with a guy while he felt her up,and the 2nd time all dressed up as the obvious date of some older publishing big wig.Think of the probability of the times she was with guys in private.The fact that while she was in NYC she NEVER answered her phone,even had it turned on was a definite indication that she was out partying and,letting guys play "hide the salami" with her. Her husband was humiliated by her behavior,weary of her self-centered attitude,and becoming physically ill from the drugs he used to deal with her shit.

Nope,he should have divorced her ass long before their "agreement separation".

She was a cheating,selfish,insulting cunt and the husband and kids would have been much better off without her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Well, if a woman doesn't want to be knocked up and chained to a stove she can always turn to the wonders of modern medicine and turn that vagina into a penis. Yes, you can join the patriarchy and join the oppressive masses of maledom! Call your doctor today.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Kind of lame.

She lied to him, broke promises, withheld where she was, who she was with, and what she was doing. And She Loved It, she told him herself. So, yeah, she was having flings and trying out one night stands and big city short term romances.

Maybe she got over it, or maybe she just cuts back to fucking around on those few occasions when she just HAS to be away for a few nights. LOL. If her husband is that stupid he deserves what she dumps on him as soon as the kids are grown and gone. She'll have hidden the bonuses and advances, and the affairs, and will leave his red neck and Podunk town for her New York uber life. Maybe she'll even write a book about it.

I think I'm going to be sick.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
1wisesage you're a cunt.

male or female you Can't Understand Normal Thinking. nothing in here said anything near slavery or barefoot and pregnant. if a guy did what the female character did, she'd be justified in responding in a similar way. I'm no Republican, but your response is pure manhating femicuntism at its worst. feel free to fuck off,

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
great story 5*

do you believe her though? i don't. lets look at a few clues the author gave us.

1 she played no part in the family holiday

2 went on trips to the big city, no invite for hubby, why?

3 caught on camera getting groped liplocked with "a friend", her excuse? "its not what it looked like" straight from the cheaters handbook.

4 no phone calls (hubbies ignored) to speak to her kids or hubby on her trips. where was she every evening- night.

5 blew off marriage counselling to spend a weekend with another man who is familiar enough to want to take her on a cruise. her excuse for another cruel humiliation on camera of her husband "he was joking"

6 why does a woman remove her wedding rings? and is so indifferent she does't even remember to put them back on for her marriage counsell apointment.

7 she never really shows any remorse or even recognition for any of her indifference or humiliation to her kids-family-marriage-husband.

i put it to you fellow readers that during her working holiday from her family responsibilities she was, partying hard and getting pumped so full of spunk that her nose ran!

leaving this story wide open for another chapter where her sudden out of character turnaround at the end to allow for a frankly undeserved reconcilliation is explained.

it's my belief she now holds hubby in so much contempt she will cut back, play the doting mother and wife for a while, just enough to get custody and totally destroy the poor hapless prick without whom she could not have achieved her celebrity status. this imho would be more in keeping with her written personality.

of course then we now have a perfect opportunity for another chapter! where our poor hapless hero can drag himself with a little guile, patience and a smidgen of luck, out of the bowels of cuckold hell that his "loving" wife brutally put him.

KRD19254KRD19254over 6 years ago

2* - doom is just moments away. When she flew to NY for a date and saw no issues in the midst of counseling - she put her ego in front of her husband - no walking this back. She has committed psychological adultery even if she 'says' she never humped in NY?!?

Can he grab/bang the nanny or Carol and all be forgiven - no way.

She put her ego on the rear burner but it will surface again. He just is too much in love with the family that he will cuck himself - love is truly blind. She will go back to ego life soon and the family will be pushed to the rear- divorce now, get it over with. When is that fantasy cruise to take place?

Slirp, this story - the last half page lost all common sense, like you were in a rush to end it. All what you appeared to be lead up to took a 180 twist with no explained/reason for such a drastic change. Like at the last moment you decided to make him a cuck.

oxynam25oxynam25over 6 years ago
Wimp cuck comment by anon would be totally appropriate here for once

This was so terrible. She cheated on him multiple times. Went to NY and went on dates and skipped counseling to do it. Avoids her kids and everything that she does in the end and he takes her back. It looked like he was going to grow a spine many times, but it never happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Etchiboy here. I was liking this story, but then it just fell apart.

No strong reason given for Randy’s attitude reversal. I’m afraid most people have it right that Slirp just gave up and wanted the story wound up ASAP. Too bad. Could have been interesting BTB.

And with all clues given within story Randy was definitely cheating and for many months. And yet - poof - her attitude reverses, and she wants back in boring marriage with Steve and kids.

Storyline probably would’ve been best if he dumped her, taking as much money as possible... “used to a certain standard of living, your Honor”, and married Donna.

And once again I’m not able to login, so I need to sign this,

Etchiboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
There is absolutely NO reasons for ....

.... Steve to take her back period!

Facts:

- Randy put her career ahead of everyone

- Randy lied to her husband multiple times

- Randy, A MARRIED WOMAN, went on dates with other men WITHOUT her husbands permission or knowledge

- Randy removed her wedding ring ( and all the implies)

- Randy "probably" had sex outside her marriage .... Steve stated they had not had sex in a year and half .... do the math!

timrivtimrivabout 6 years ago

Seriously flawed ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
cheryl tiegs realism

30ish happily married mid america wife

Gets discovered

Cover model

Yes i am happily married

Search on her bio for realism

Big difference between fantasy lw stories and out of universe fantastical!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
sorry she cheated, he should have just got a PI on her

the woman is mentally disturbed, why keep kids exposed to it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Ending doesn't quite make sense

A jealous selfish husband and an ambitious selfish wife. A marriage destined for the divorce courts if they both didn't change - and as far as I could tell neither did, so why the happy reconciliation?

I like reconciliations but this one didn't make sense.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
When

When did she get an apartment,last we saw she was living with her parents.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Should Have Dumped Her!

A couple of years he put up with the self-absorbed,arrogant ass of a wife? Twice she's seen on national TV with a different guy in a suggestive situation? WTF was he waiting for?!He should have divorced the piece of shit certainly at least a year earlier!

Patient loving husband?More like dumb,foolish doormat!

YvesmiYvesmialmost 6 years ago
Nice story

A bit more about her conversion would have been helpful. The end is a bit sudden.

dunmovynivdunmovynivover 5 years ago
well,,,,,

I'm on the husband's team. Keeping secrets about trips to New York at the start. Going out on dates will multiple men, it's classic sneaking around. She screwed other guys in NY, no question. She cancelled a session with her husband, whom she supposedly wanted to reconnect with, to go to NY and have a date with an old fart that asked her on a cruise on love TV. Classy girl. Why the hell didn't she take her husband to NY for that charity auction? Because she wanted to date the old fart instead. REALLY? She'd never got back in my house after that, I'd took her for half her book royalties and moved to the tropics, never to be seen again

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Puzzled

Puzzled.Can't make up my mind whether or not he should have dumped the stupid bitch.

WakeupnowWakeupnowover 5 years ago
I would have dropped kicked her to the curb!

The same problem is going to surface again and again. Do the divorce and save a whole bunch of agrivation. Newsflash: she was definely sleeping with all those guys. I would have insisted on STD test on her before I would have touched her.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
1*

RAAC, or utter cuckfest?

Hideous story

ReadyOneReadyOneover 5 years ago
Inconsistantcy with seperation agreement

On page 1, she signed an agreement including the words (at his request) "no sleeping with anyone; let me rephrase that, no sex of any kind outside the two of us," were the two non-negotiable points I told her. It includes anything you wouldn't do right in front of the other."

On page 2, she said "You can't divorce me, we have a legal agreement and I'm holding you to it," she shot back. I haven't broke a single condition and I won't let you terminate it."

Being caught on national TV in a night club plastered against her date and kissing doesn't pass the written boyfriend test "anything you wouldn't do right in front of the other."

Being shown on national TV at an awards dinner kissing her date Tony and agreeing to go on a cruise with him doesn't either.

The story should have ended right after she flagrantly lied saying, "I haven't broken a single condition". Randy would certainly have called her on it, then called his lawyer to have papers served.

Turning it into RAAC sucked BIG TIME.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

To much stress to the husband and kids caused by the wife. Cut her loose and get on with your life.

medik720medik720over 5 years ago
Well.......

I don't leave many comments often, I look for story content and character development. This site, who really cares for grammar but small minded, narcissistic people who like to put others down to make themselves feel better! Your writing and character development has improved significantly from when you first started! Not all stories you have written, I have liked. (I'm more the BTB due, to 4 relationships with past wives and girlfriends) Like another author I like, make a consistent theme. (i.e. mustang) for your own signature!! A thought! Besides that, great job and I hope to see new stories from you and your imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Stupid story

This was just a stupid way to work in a RAAC ending. He should have served her with divorce papers after the first time she was kissing some guy on national TV. Then, if she really wanted him back she would have to work at getting him to fall in love with her again and there would be no second marriage without an ironclad prenup that would put an end to her "innocent dates and kisses". She had obviously made her life decision when she didn't bother to let him know she was flying off to New York for a date with Tony. OK writing but, MY GOD, listen to the comments and get an editor who can fix your terrible spelling and grammar. It was like driving along on a sunny day with the top down and then hitting a Detroit pothole. It just fucks everything up and the rest of the ride isn't as enjoyable. Then, BAM, another spelling pothole.

rfnks2002rfnks2002over 5 years ago
CHEATER

She can say what ever she wants i think she was CHEATING when she went to NEW YORK, She can what ever she wants. why is she out after 11:00pm and never answering her phone. Shes a selfish BITCH its all about her. I'll bet when Mister Tony calls she'll drop hubby and the kids and run to him.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Very realistic

Too realistic to keep her,

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wimp

The wimp should have dumped her cheating arse after the fiasco at the cabin.Taking her back will rebound on him when she blames him blunting her ambition.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What?

He went for this solution> Really? Seriously? Ye Gods!!!!!!!!! Fake wife!! Fake husband!! The kids were half real and I'm not altogether sure about that!! Ridiculous story. Unbelievable characters. 1* . And that's generous!.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Why Bother

He let her go on with her disrespect of him and their family a lot longer than I would have. I guaran-damn-tee that the second time I saw her kissing some other man on TV, I would have been hunting a lawyer the next day. And I damn sure wouldn’t have given her any warning, I’d have blindsided her with divorce papers and, if I could get one, a restraining order. Let her write an outline about that! This was a pretty good story until it just fizzled out at the end. Is that what people mean when they talk about “RAAC”?

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Good finish

I was afraid they were going to split up for good. Wonder what the ongoing relationship with Tony looked like?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not a Chance

Sorry man, this is the first time I've said this, but this one sucked the big one, no fucking way to keep her. Time to file and kick the self-centered, lying, cheating slut to the curb. Hell, even her father figured her out, but if you're happy, I'm happy. Signed: BTW

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
It's A STORY! NOT REAL!

Don't be haten so much. She didn't cheat because the Author said so. And since it's NOT real, she didn't.

I'd like to rewrite the last page. Steve does divorce her, asks for and gets Alimony and child support. A lot of alimony and child support. He dates and sleeps with women all on Randi's dime. Just like divorced women do to their ex's ( but they sleep with men not women, well most of them)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What

What story was 26thNC reading?.He should have divorced the selfish bitch and rubbed her face in it by citing adultery.People like her don't suddenly change,it only happened because the author wanted to finish the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
she said she never broke her vows

but she did. over and over. had she cheated? you betchya!

she no longer cherished him. that's a vow. she no longer supported him. she lied to him. she made sweet sweet love to her career. and yes, she did at the very least have an emotional affair with some pretty boy. and since they were FILMED kissing.....one wonders what happens without cameras.

this story was over the top sexist. this stupid cow got treated very differently than if she had been some neglectful career driven husband with some female arm candy kissing on the television. unbelievable.

and she DEFENDED that. yes, she came back to him, and started to make concessions. but there wasn't a whole lot of, 'that was really stupid of me'. only the sweet talking 'i'm a changed person...plz dont leave me' we see toxic people do spouses all the time.

the husband said he was, 'done'. but took her back almost immediately...after trying for so long. the only way that makes sense is if he actually doesn't really love her anymore nor care. but wants the mother of his children back in their lives. that does make sense to me. i'v been in similar situations. when i'm 'done' after trying for years.....to rekindle even a friendship....i'm actually done. they sweet talk me and i give them a very bored, 'if you say so' people dont change....and this wife is doing damage control. i'm not reading a lot of soul searching...or painful self discovery...just a stupid animal that thinks 'x is bad...i no longer do x...cuz it hurt me...this smart'

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

A real shit ending. After moving the story along it's logical path, the author suddenly got tired of it and did a 180 degree turn, ending with some real rubbish. Just missed .a1*!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Disgusting!

What a selfish, entitled bitch! - And what a moron Steve turns out in the very end. She has broken each agreement they had made, so, does he expect her to keep her word as given in the end? She uses sex as a last resort and Steve goes for it like a dog after a bitch in heat. It would appear that she has cheated for the past eighteen months, starting with her first New York trip and ending with her appearance at the Charity, as Tony's date. Which part of Tony's statement could be construed as a joke, as claimed? Her explanation makes no sense at all! All in all a very unconvincing end besides the dreadful mangling of the tense and jumping from first person to third person.1*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not bad until

the husband and wife turn on a dime and reconcile. Museum quality example of an LW RAAC. Good story up to that point....it seems that the author got tired and rushed the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
She slept around

You cant go nearly two years living the lifestyle and late nights she was doing without physical cheating involved mich less emotional cheating. Every bit of circumstantial evidence points to it. The husband is only missing physical proof. I would have giving up and moved on after the first year. Filed under abandonment or emotional distress.

Johnny1MJohnny1Malmost 5 years ago
Good story, but......

It looks like the author got tired of the story and wrapped it up in a paragraph or two. The reconciliation came much too quickly when nothing had really changed. She still didn't see that flying off to New York without telling her husband and going out with other men was not right. Even if she doesn't call it a date, everyone else would.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Anon 7/19

Anon has a point. OTOH, the author is God so does he say it didn't happen? Not that I recall. All we and the author apparently know is what the MC knows so...

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 5 years ago
regardless of the willing cuckolds

it's a 2% WACC and 98% RAAC story. Dating while married is cheating. He knew, she knew it and her lover knows she's a slut

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The man is a fool.

How do you keep 'em down on the farm, after they've seen Paree?....as the old saying goes. This woman got too used to the fast life too quickly. He is beating a dead horse here and, in so doing, is merely postponing and thereby increasing the inevitable pain for his children. He's a fool- and a cowardly one, at that. Two stars.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 4 years ago
Slirpuff can write some great stories but

Many of them don't qualify as that. Most of them have very weak endings like this one. They also have another theme....... Closet Cuckold. Being that so many of them are like that it makes one wonder why the author keeps writing about this theme.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Slired

Good read, but needs more punch! Let's see......maybe Steve beats the shit out of Randy; Steve beats the shit out of Tony......hummm. Let's say Steve flies to NY and catches Tony fucking Randy with a 12 inch dick! More punch? Let's say that Steve starts fucking Donna and kicks Randy out! More punch? It's endless. So let's go with what we've got. In the real world Randy and Tony are fucking, so that makes Steve a cuckold! This is weak for a cuckold story.....OK, I've got an idea, since "I" think its a soft cuckold, lets have Steve sucking Tony's dick while Randy pegs him in the ass and welcomes him to the NY writers guild! Ahhh I'm just fucking with you, it was an enjoyable read but "I" prefer more sex to jerk-off to....but hey that's just me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
missing chances

Lots of missed fun and opportunities in the story. Basically Steve should have started the NYPayback, start contacting he gossip columnists in NYC with stories creating his own left behind series, the publishers and a select set of readers doing romance could have sold millions.....just saying....lots of missed opportunities to write and make the story live in stead of die the way it does.

WisquejacWisquejacover 4 years ago
Piece of shit

Piece of shit

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

It's rare that Slirpuff swings and misses on a story, but this was an absolute shitpile at the end.

NoBullAlNoBullAlabout 4 years ago
Just another of this author’s usual stories about a conflicted but not too smart husband

Yeah, he loved her but when she started short changing him and more especially the kids it was time to grow some balls and have ‘COME TO JESUS’ meeting with her! You want it you can have it just pack up and get out. Was she cheating... Of course she was... How far? Doesn’t matter! She’s gone!!

Oh, we’re so happy now! Sure, until the next time she has a big book!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ooooof!

No matter how you like your stories to end, this one couldn’t have pleased anyone! Seriously, ‘...you’re stuck with me...” and 2 years of complete disregard for everyone but herself and he’s all smiles! WTF!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ugh

I hate when an author gets tired of a story so he/she stops and says “the end”, Lazy writer!

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Wrong

Wrong endng,after seeing her with Tony and hear him say who he wanted to take on the cruise he should have divorced her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Did the author just give up?

Because that's what it looked like, husband should have gone for divorce after the charity dinner, and then ir just ended with 'happy ever after', it was as if the author couldn't be bothered to write a decent ending, very poor

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
BUNK!!!

This is all bunk bullshit!!!!!! Ya know......what I like about stories I read is, "it could happen". I have some thread of something I can hang on to, but it didn't happen this time. He should've first of all, made her take a std test, then that lie detector test she offered to take and he should've paid the big bucks to have her investigated while she was off in New York. His kids, including hisself, deserved better than what shit she was dishing out. So, this story doesn't fly for me.....and don't misunderstand me..... I like the writer and most of his stories. 2**

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I agree with the rest

You got bored and decided to shutter the story with a weak recon. No man would put up with that disrespect. Well some would but they are the type that would want to watch while beating off in the corner

.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not a good, long term decision

Ok. First of all, she continually lied to him, and broke her promises. This is a woman who is drunk on power and money. She can sober up, but just like an alcoholic, she will always crave it. MAYBE if they were separated, and she figured out the rich boys only were out to use her, she might decide her marriage was worth fighting for. But in this case, what pain did she experience? Nothing. She did not give anything up of her own accord. I see a part 3, where she gradually goes back into her pattern, this time stepping out and sleeping with the big boys, in an attempt to jump start her declining career. She disrespected her husband and children, and it never even phased her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Unbelievable ending! Randy's a liar and a cheat and drunk as a skunk on fame and recognition. Steve should have file for divorce and went for primary custody of the kids. Randy wanted her rose when she's the one that screwed up their relationship and she did nothing to earn the sudden reconciliation that the story ended on. Reads like author bailed on the ending and just phoned it in.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Hmmm...

Jumped the shark on the last page. Impossible to save that marriage in the last few chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Slirp doesn't write men well; she's convinced they're always eager to reconcile.

This woman shoved her family aside and ran to NY to party with the shallow rich and infamous... it's so much more interesting than her pedestrian lifestyle back home. She wasn't even subtle about it, proving her family was well down the list of things important to her.

So her husband just threw his arms wide and welcomed her back into the fold? Nope, he would still be too concerned about the children.

Slirp, you can pretend to be a male author AND still get advice from men about how they'd respond... right? I mean, you must have some male friends, relatives, etc. Just run the story by them and see what they think. It's really that simple.

Too many of your stories end with ridiculous RAAC's for it to be accidental. I'm beginning to think your purpose is to write "stealth" cuck stories and if that's true, then you'll continue doing what you do, although you've pretty much stopped posting anything of late. Maybe you've taken another name and post as another author?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How?!

Do you reconcile them together at the end of all the crap she put him through? She didn't even really believe that what she did was wrong and showed little remorse or regret. Even after he threatened divorce, her actions did not warrant being taken back. Didnt like this at all.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

No way!!! She cheated on National TV, never took a polygraph test, went on "dates" and kissed and groped other men!!!

That makes hubby a CUCK!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

If I read one more time that the husband delegated all her voicemails without listening or deleted texts the same, I’m going to just stop 🛑 and leave the story

What dipshit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Again a good story that the author got tired of & just blew off an end it.poor & lack of respect for the readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I thought my comments might be in the minority, but I just read previous reviews and see that I’m one of many.

Yes she gave up & just stopped writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I hate writers that don't close details

Plus she lied about staying in hotel while she was out cheating. Writer never even addressed this , and in a normal world this would be number one topic because it destroys trust. Stupid lightweight writers that cannot construct realistic dialog

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

Why would you write a story about a person who was so stupid and pathetic that he would take back such a slut?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stupid anonymous commenters

Great story!

Very thought provokng story. I am very glad you are prodding readers to actually think, urging them to fill in the blanks, allowing their thought processes to soar.

Keep up the great work. Allow readers the opportunity to be creative on their own, to imagine alternative endings, plot twists, and dialogue. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A good story with a happy ending. What more could you want.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Big nope from me

That went way too quick so in 4 days, she’s moved back in? Really? No repercussions for the TMZ kiss or the Charity dinner? Cmon really? I think like in if your other stories you got lazy and skipped way ahead or missed a couple pages when you posted this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Interesting Story

I do believe I would have divorced the woman after the TMZ debacle. It seemed to me that she had put her writing career above her marriage and her family, so why bother banging your head against the wall trying to save a marriage that’s already dead? Just dot the “I”s and cross the “T”s and move on. Life’s too short to waste agonizing on what “used to be”.

Dee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Just to unreallistic

2 years is long enough to fall out of love. Taking care of kids alone, seeing your wife being unfaithful on TV, unannounced trips out of town... C'mon, no marriage could get back to where it was after all that. In the end she modified her behavior just enough to mollify her Saint of a husband. Never did find out if she gave up her lover though. Maybe we hear about her time in NY in chapter 3.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
There were two possible endings to this story . . .

. . . and this isn't one of them.

--In the first, the husband and children suck it up and bask in the reflected glory of their soon-to-be famous wife and mother who will parachute in occasionally with fascinating stories and fabulous gifts.

--In the second ending, the husband divorces her and remarries to give his children a normal upbringing. The ex goes away on her well-earned cruise trip.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Read it again. He is very insecure to not want her to shine without him. She is very shallow and self-absorbed by getting carried way with the big city bright lights. Despite her protests she was cheating on him. She can't possibly let all of that go her head like she did and not fall for some stars lines and into his bed. She let it get out of hand and had the lamest excuses that she tried to pass off as sincere.

Martyr2002Martyr2002about 3 years ago

Awful RACC she's a whore out of town and expects her husband to just suck it up....he's a wimp for putting up with it....like most RACC victims he acts like she's the only woman in the world that can ever make him happy.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 3 years ago

If you can't get in touch with your spouse when they are on the road, when cell phones are an integral part of life, then they are dodging your calls. The issue of her not being available to take calls at night came up a couple of times, but was never adequately addressed. Maybe Slirpuff didn't want to write her character too far gone to come back, but if that was the case, those unanswered calls were more than suspicious.

I don't really buy the reconciliation at the end, either, as it just felt like more of the same promises as before. It just felt tacked on, in order to achieve the desired story outline.

RamazaRamazaabout 3 years ago

I agree with tangledweed’s comment, she couldn’t be trusted as far he could throw her, not worth the heartbreak and the hurt she put on the kids and Steve.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

No one writes 3, let alone 5, good books a year. You can publish at that pace and more if you are writing bodice rippers, but then you are writing outlined, formulaic drivel.

The author has written yet another weak, needy husband who cucks out. Whether she actually fucked anyone is not the issue. She was dating, engaging in inappropriate PDAs, being disrespectful of her husband and family, neglectful of her children and husband, and an all-around entitled cunt. Normally, she would have been divorced by the second page.

BTW, where is it written that someone who writes commercial fiction is somehow more important than a good teacher, a nurse, or engineer? Society has allowed its values to be shaped by the media and the celebrity culture it has created. Writers of fiction, athletes, actors and actresses, news readers, etc. are just entertainers. We can get by well without professional entertainers, but we can't get by without truckers, for example.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Again. Caught on tv too many times. It’s impossible to hide from social media any more, so everything is out in public. He believes her, so that’s the story.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Can't help but feel like she got too much leeway. If that was a guy in her place, he'd probably have been curb-stomped and kicked out of the house way earlier in the game (and hosed in the divorce, of course). I know that reconciliation is probably best for them and the kids, but the story didn't make it feel natural. She just kept pushing and pushing, and finally got tired and stopped, and suddenly everything was alright with the world. Convenient, but not too convincing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nonsense ending, the characters just did a 180 without anything to support it.

Super rushed like the author just lost interest in the story.

Nothing was really fixed, there was no catharsis.

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58almost 3 years ago

I gave the story of 5. I just don't believe that she was not having sex with other people while she was in New York. She was alone she was by herself she was going out with hot guys she was letting some guy group around the dancefloor and kissing her I just believe she was having sexual people. I know the story and I appreciate that but I still think that what he did was magnanimous in allowed her to come back.

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 3 years ago

1* For writing a super wimpy cucky husband character who was a doormat for 18 months. The immediate divorce gives him full custody plus a percentage of her earnings for child support. Yes, she slept her way to the top like a whorish writer. I am glad this author doesn't write anymore.

knoxhardknoxhardalmost 3 years ago

She cheated constantly. Whether she had sex or not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Randy didn't just consistently cheat, she lied to, deceived, and disrespected Steve and her whole family... she never returned his phone calls and if I were him I would have demanded an answer for that... not just asked and accepted if she wouldn't answer... I would demand and if she had no rational expalanation we would be on divorce road. He waited and whined far to long, so much of it was his fault.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Unsympathetic characters and the story arc from total unwillingness to compromise and cosy arrangement seems to happen by magic, certainly not through any gradual acceptance of the other's point of view.

She neglects her husband and children in pursuit of fame and fortune and he is happy to abandon his wife and deprive his children of a mother without having the balls to meet her face to face.

I think the husband wins the arsehole race by a short head.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

With all of the shit this wife was doing to her husband and kids...He should have given her thd divorce papers...If she really love him...that would have snapped her out of what she was doing sooner....No matter how you look at this story...She put herself and her job out in front of her husband and family...........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

the wife is your typical self centered cunt. I wouldnt have taken her back,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

XD. So the wife in the story gets more and more selfish, openly dates another guy, forgets how old her children are and then... suddenly... she say "we" in a sentence and well, all is forgiven.

Author, next time instead of rushing the job to a reconciliation after building up such a nice ending with the husband and the babysitter, just ask yourself: is the effort I have put into this story worth being completely negated by the lack of effort in the last few paragrphs? Should I maybe add another page to the story simply so I can get the necessary character development to justify a reconciliation?

As it stands this story does NOT have an ending in my book but simply a few lines of a rambling drunk idiot at the end.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous