X-men: Bast Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"However, I can use my powers, and a special machine I have made, to scan the surface thoughts of many people. I can use it to search for people...search for Mutants, like you, who are young and do not know how to control or live with their manifesting powers."

"That's how you found me," Robby stated.

"Yes," Xavier replied.

"So...what do you want?" Robby asked again.

"We wish to help you," Xavier replied. "We are familiar with the kind of things you are going through. It is the same way for almost all Mutants your age. We have a place where you can come to be safe and among your own."

"What is this, some kind of occult thing? Do I automatically gotta go with you now because I'm a Mutant?" Robby asked nervously.

Charles smiled and shook his head slowly. "Not at all, Robby. Being a Mutant does't mean you have to do anything. There are no...Mutant rules, or anything of the sort. And we will not make you do anything. There are only choices here."

"What choices?" Robby asked uncertainly.

"As I said, we want to help you," Xavier replied. "I run a very special school in upstate New York. It is a school for Mutants, young people like yourself, to attend. It is many things, really. It is a place of learning, where you can continue your studies and education. We hold our classes up to the highest standards of academic excellence. It is also a place where you can learn to control your powers. You will learn to keep any mutation or power you have from going out of control and becoming destructive or harmful to yourself or others. At my school, you will learn to accept this new discovery and adjust, so that you can be a productive member of society, possibly even using your power to your benefit and the benefit of others.

"But more than this," Xavier said as he leaned forward slightly. "The Xavier institute is a home. It's a place where you can be with people like you, who understand what you are going through. You will be with many other mutants, with all different kinds of mutations, and you will be accepted. You will not be judged or looked down upon. In the Xavier institute, we are all equal. And also...you will be safe."

Robby shook his head slowly. His eyes darted from Xavier, to Kia, to Ororo and back. "I...I don't know...I don't even want to be a Mutant."

"That's a very normal reaction, Robby. We all felt that way when we were your age. It's a big change," Ororo said softly.

"We cannot change who and what you are," Charles said gently. "But we can help you, and we can give you a place to belong."

"Where would I live?" Robby asked, sniffling slightly.

"At the school, with the other students and the faculty. We have large dormitories for the students," Charles replied.

"The teachers...they're Mutants too?" Robby asked.

"They are," Charles nodded. "I myself am a professor there. As is Ororo."

"You'll have your own room," Ororo added. "And you won't need to worry about food and such. Everything will be provided for you."

Robby glanced at Kia with unsure eyes. "What do you think Ms. Jaeger?"

Kia glanced at Ororo and Charles and swept them over with her sense again. Still she sensed no feelings of deception or ill-will. Sincerity and concern was foremost of their feelings, and they were otherwise calm and relaxed. She sensed no lie in their hearts.

"It's your choice, Robby, but I think this would be a very good thing. I think these people are being honest, and you would be safe there. You need somewhere safe and comfortable to stay. And you need to continue your education."

Robby hesitated a moment. He gazed at Ororo, and then Professor Xavier. Finally he nodded. "Okay. I don't...really have anywhere else to go."

"Excellent," Charles smiled. "We have transportation waiting. Do you have any personal belongings you need to gather?"

Robby shook his head. "It's all...at my house. And I can't go back there now."

"Don't worry, we'll be sure you get some things of your own once you get settled," Ororo smiled at him.

Robby stood and Ororo reached out a hand to him. She patted his shoulders comfortably.

"I have a question," Kia spoke. She stood and faced Xavier.

"Of course," Charles nodded.

"Are you looking for any teachers? I got fired today. I don't really have anywhere tying me here, and I need a good school where I can be useful."

Charles leaned back in his wheelchair and studied her for a moment, his lips slightly upturned. "I thought you were a Mutant. It seemed the only way you could have known we were. What are your credentials?"

"I have a PHD in English and Literature," Kia replied. "I'm sure I could provide a more thorough resume if you really need one."

"You're a Mutant?" Robby asked, his mouth hanging slightly in his surprise.

"Most Excellent, we've been in need of a second English teacher," Charles smiled.

"Is that why you were able to beat those kids up? You used some kind of Mutant power?" Robby asked.

Charles glanced at Ororo with an arched brow.

Ororo shrugged. "The school told me Robby did it."

"The school was quick to point fingers as soon as they found out Robby was a Mutant," Kia explained. "The damage was already done. I would have told them I'd done it immediately, but if I did they would have chased me out and I wouldn't have been able to take care of Robby."

"I understand," Charles smiled. "In any case... you most definitely are hired."

"I hope you don't mind the cold," Ororo smiled at their new associate. "It's chilly in upstate this time of year."

End Ch.1

*

Please send all questions/comments/critiques to the address in my profile.

12