00101O1 Automata_ #16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With the battery fully charged, Oliver carefully disconnected it from the solar panel and made his way back to the camp. He was careful to avoid any potential danger spots, keeping an eye out for drones and other automated weapons, that may still be active in the area.

Once he arrived at the camp, he presented the charged battery to Kim, who was relieved to see their collar be functional. Kim quickly connected the battery to her collar, and was given another day's worth of life.

After a brief rest, Oliver decided to venture out again, this time to recharge the battery again on the solar panel. He wanted to ensure that they had a backup, in case the first one was damaged or lost. He grabbed his clippers and a spare laptop battery and set out, keeping a vigilant eye on his surroundings as he went. He returned to his spot crawling to position and sat waiting under the morning sun for the second battery to charge.

As the battery hit close to one hundred seventy percent, Oliver stood up from his hiding place, revealing his position to the sniper bot. This gave the sniper bot enough of a shot to badly wound him with a shot to the right shoulder. He stumbled and fell, unable to move as the hot sun beat down on him. He could feel the blood flowing from the wound and the pain was intense.

Despite his injuries, Oliver's eyes fixated on the charging needle as it reached one hundred percent. He could feel himself slipping away, the pain and the blood loss taking their toll on him. His vision started to blur and he could hear the sound of his own labored breathing. He knew that he was dying. He lay there, watching as the needle reached one hundred percent and then everything went dark. He died alone under the hot sun.

------------

Thanks to K for proofreading. Join us next chapter to find out what happened to Jenny& Kayla.

12