All Comments on '1, 2, No 3rd Strike'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Interesting and well written.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Loved the smart ass comment in the next to last paragraph!

5

kelchakelchaover 1 year ago

Favorite author. Lost a star due to length of story. Just too much missing that I was wanting know. Six or seven pages would have been a better length.

Thank you. Appreciate the work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

i'M SORRY. ONLY 2 STARS CAUSE THE STORY LEFT ME WITH NO FEELING WHATSOEVER. I MEAN, SOMETIMES I'M PISSED OFF, SOMETIMES SAD. SOMETIMES I UNDERSTAND, AND SOMETIMES I DON'T. BUT BY THE END OF THIS STORY I HAD NO PARTICULAR FEELING IN ANY WAY.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

I feel so sorry for Gabrielle.

Most children are so oblivious to the shenanigans adults play that their positive innocence is just heartbreaking.

/

I feel sorry too...

To get hitched to a cheater...

But he's grown up, should have asked Dierdre s ex why they divorced. But he's a big boy so just a slight empathy for him

Tls2753aTls2753aover 1 year ago

Loved the disclaimer.

rublicksrublicksover 1 year ago

Spelling mistakes check grammar mistakes check, who cares still writes a good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyable story.

Ed

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 1 year ago

A cute love story, it seems life is like a game of baseball sometimes you strike out and sometimes you hit the ball out of the park. Deidre and Gabrielle have found a winner in Glen Kennedy.

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

You can tell it’s a fantasy site by the ending, not one shred of animosity when the couples meet up and have a lovely meal, now that’s funny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All I can say it was horseshit of the worst kind.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

the woman is a disaster.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 1 year ago

A chance at redemption for a damaged woman and her innocent child. Very nice. I’m in need of a happy ending. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m glad that you enjoyed writing the story. I’d call it average…would you agree?

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Nice feel good story of infidelity. D

JIMSVANOJIMSVANOover 1 year ago

Love your attitude toward critics/nitpickers. Thanks for writing.

ScottArroyScottArroyover 1 year ago

There were two well told stories here. I was uncomfortable when the story switched to that of the heading. Uncomfortable not lost though. I would have probably preferred separate stories but you keep me reading to the end; so well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Almost 400 stories and not an editor in sight.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 1 year ago

Glad to read something in this category without cucks and major depression at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good to see you back!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked the way the husband dropped off the child. Very witty.

The end showed up too quickly, imo. Maybe it needed a few more words about the relationship or something.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
After all

It is just a work of fiction little or no emotion no anger no animosity just friendship right I personally know better. I have always liked your writing but this one I don't get how quick people in these seem to over each other.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Fucked up way for a kid to start her life. Luckily her mom got it together well enough to find a guy to love. Maybe there’s hope for them, after all.

Well written. Great to see some of the regulars submitting stories. LW gets about 12-13 stories per day most are rate 2.0 or less and for good reason, so thanks for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For a short story, very well crafted. Deidra really blew it. Unfortunately, the story did not provide any sense of how her marriage was, nor why she de died to slut it up and hence blow up the marriage. Michael was a saint, really. Again, no details about his recovery with “Irma”, but deduced that it went well.

.

Did Deidra really learn her lesson? Seems so.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn she made out alright! Keeps family secret, gets guy to support bastard child, gets new husband and daddy while remains friends with ex and his new wife! Perfect!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I read for enjoyment, not to critique. thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well...I liked it--sort of.

If I had to voice misgivings about my 4 star rating it would be that it was actually two separated stories with a tenuous connection through Diedre's enthusiastic sexual appetite and her little daughterGabrielle (whose speech pattern at the front door was spot-on adorable. Discarding the hedonistic couple from the first half of the tale was necessary to facilitate Diedre's redemption, and--unless they (the couple) were destined for some version of "meaning of life" attitudes--their only other purpose to serve might have been as an example of wasted lives.

I like "happily ever after" stories (along with every other genre in the Loving Wives category, so thank you for this one but it was too short. I'd love to see a sequel, perhaps regarding both halves of the tale. With your portfolio (388 and climbing) you obviously don't really need advice and I have none of any substance--your work speaks for itself. Thanks for all of it.

lukeshortlukeshortover 1 year ago

Liked the disclaimer. Thought "eddy" was an actual typo until I came to "Microwave". Liked the story.

tonyneatotonyneatoover 1 year ago

Too many people are wanna be grammar and spelling teachers. The stories are fun and entertaining, much better

than the commercial Hallmark love and romance bullshit. I enjoy some grammar and/or spelling mistakes.

Life is not perfect and the lives of the people in the literotica stories are the same. Keep on writing. love it !

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year ago

I always enjoy your stories. This one is short but you somehow developed the main characters well.

Our citified readers on here don’t understand small town/country folk, and small town SW LA is another subset of that subset. Really enjoyed it!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

A well rounded story. Not every screw up has to be met with gloom and doom. A second chance can be a good thing.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

1 star - waste of time - although, sending a 4 year old into the house of complete strangers (who knows what they were really up to - they could have been axe murderers?) is just NOT acceptable - even in your fantasy world.

BehindbluisBehindbluisover 1 year ago

I loved the Disclaimer long before you explained it at the end.

MellowJoeMellowJoeover 1 year ago

You're one of my favorite authors on this site. I love the shared world you set many of the stories in. It gives them a depth that would otherwise be lacking.

Any day with a new JimBob44 story is a swollen one. For me, anyway...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story suffers from a lack of a consistent main character. At the start of the story, Peter seems to be the main character. It then expands to Peter and Charlene. Finally, it shifts to Deidre. The betrayed husband is a very small (and rather pathetic) bit part.

The story further suffers from your eventual choice to focus on the cheater rather than the spouse. This might work in other categories, but a Loving Wives story isn't about feeling a connection to the cheating slut. It's about vicariously experiencing the drama and adrenaline of being cheated on. Whether the reader is a fan of BTB, RAAC, or something in between, this category is about connecting with the betrayed, not the betrayer.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

Too pat. No suspense. What happened to Charlene and husband? Answer: who cares. Just a jumble. 3*

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

Before I even read the story, I had to comment on the Disclaimer - what a hoot!

Wavedave45Wavedave45over 1 year ago

I would have divorced after finding out the kid wasn't mine. And what's worse was a result of incest. But here we see it's possible how it could be a big mistake because....well no she cheated on him again. No I guess how I would have handled it would be right.

And what's this "allowed herself to be seduced"? She went out planning to cheat.

Wavedave45Wavedave45over 1 year ago

I would have divorced after finding out the kid wasn't mine. And what's worse was a result of incest. But here we see it's possible how it could be a big mistake because....well no she cheated on him again. No I guess how I would have handled it would be right.

And what's this "allowed herself to be seduced"? She went out planning to cheat.

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

I like the way you interleave your characters in your stories - some spreadsheet? Thank you.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

Nice story, but the child has to be 10 or older in the US for DNA not yo matter

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

While I generally have enough sense to not read what you write, this is one of the rare instances I'm sort of glad I did.

There wasn't much suspense. but I did find it far better than what I've read from you before. I did love having the child dropped at the door asking if this is where mommy will live now.

The incest part.....

For the most part, decent done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

no clue .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not sure what happened? The story was moving along nicely then… I think the author’s wife said dinner was ready?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very nice

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Deidre will be So Grateful, So Loving, So Dependable . . . at the beginning. And Glen will want to have "his own" children with Deidre, but for Some Reason she just won't conceive. Then, Deidre will get complacent, and bored, and distracted, then thoughtless, then selfish, and finally, she'll get laid, by someone else. Familiarity Breeds Contempt, especially in small narrow stupid minds. Sound like any character we know? Maybe, just maybe Gabrielle will have grown and escaped before Deidre blows up her second home and family. Tick, tick, tick . . . . . Thanks for the effort.

Bebop3Bebop3over 1 year ago

Excellent story, sir!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. Sluts can find redemption in the real world and in JimBob44's as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Had he warned her, would there have been the second strike? She was sorta on double secret probation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I read for enjoyment, not to critique." - Anonymous

I too read for enjoyment, which is why I critique that which disrupts said enjoyment.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Slice of life. Well done.

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Better than Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I really enjoyed this one. While not the typical BTB, it was much better in my book. She lost her husband and had a tough year because of her cheating. The husband was good by being civil knowing that he could get nasty if needed. The settlement was fare and he moved on. At the same time, he never took it out on the daughter or made her feel unwanted.

Once the reality set in, she finally moved on as well. But the best part to me was when she moved on, she truly got a better life, than what she at the current point in time of moving on, for her and her daughter.

The new boyfriend and ex-husband becoming friendly as well as her becoming friendly with her ex’s girlfriend made the story extra special for me due to a past friend’s relationship.

Living a good life is always best for all involved.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

sxyilmsxyilmover 1 year ago

Deidre seems like she got off pretty easy for her cheating

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As always an interesting story. As most of your stories are short , they tend to be easily read. Somehow you always manage to have a happy ending to what started as a BTB story, thanks.

njlaurennjlaurenover 1 year ago

My only critique, who the heck is Lauren Kennedy? His ex wife the lesbian was Gloria ...(assuming the idea is a lesbian would only enjoy oral sex from him& taught him to do it 'right).

Story was okay, I will say that sending his daughter to the house was meshugannah, not much of a dad to use her like that.

I realize the swinger couple was built up to pull the twist, that Deidre was a married woman ( rather than a swinger tale). That said, would have worked better if they get their do, like the husband is a drug lawyer, the cartel gets pissed at him, and they both end up working at a Mexican whorehouse..*lol*

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Damn! I love your down to earth stories.

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

To go thru a story like this with semi-good dialogue, then at the end turn the dialogue into hillbilly or swamp or whatever you call it- that's just wrong. Coupled with a morally empty plot line, did NOT like this story. Guess I'll have to have a swollen day, whatever that is.....

GriscomGriscomover 1 year ago

1. I wouldn't have forgiven her for the original cheating.

2. I understood what the kid was saying, so you didn't need to translate.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 1 year ago

This story seems a step up from the usual JimBob44 fare. The dialogue is easier to read without so much vernacular and the characters seem more balanced, more human. Deidre, despite her many faults, grew and redeemed herself. Her fiancé seems a forgiving, reasonable man who gets along with Deidre's ex-husband. The new lawyer and his bi-wife are the oddities. They are selfish and brutish; takers, not givers. Five stars for this one, JB, even though you suckered us with the cute kid.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 1 year ago

Too true with ‘some people just ain’t happy ‘less they gots something bitch ‘bout’.’ Sadly it is true - too true on this site!

Thanks for continuing to give good quality reading time.

Love your afterward on characters and past stories.

nilsstewnilsstewabout 1 year ago

I like a n ending where everyone is a winner.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I get the feeling the guy played her long enough to get her to fall in love then plans on moving on without her.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

That was a mess

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This is the second of this guys stories I've read and it will be the last, they are just awful.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

First and last

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

Hope she learned her lesson, but Glen knows what he’s getting in to.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.