14 Months 04: Christmas

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You can sit in the front with me," Darius offered. "I doubt anyone out here will care." Darius climbed up into the truck and then helped her up and into his lap.

"You sure you're good to go?" Zander asked without his usual scowl. When she nodded, he revved the engine and pulled back out onto the road taking the lead as he had on the way to the farm, the other trucks falling in behind him.

"You recovered quickly, you could have taken more time if you needed," Darius said softly and wrapped his arms around Sophie more than pleased that she had gotten over the panic attack so quickly but understanding that she may have needed more time.

"I didn't want to hold everyone up. I'm already the Yoko; I don't want them to hate me, even more when everyone has to be dog tired," Sophie said quietly letting him know she understood that her brothers didn't particularly like her.

"Nobody thinks you're the Yoko," Darius rolled his eyes but couldn't help the small smile that tilted his lips.

"Zander does, he said so at the clubhouse," she argued looking at the man who was now driving.

"True, I did say that," he agreed but neither agreed or denied that he still felt that way.

"That's because he's oppositional by nature. He tells most people the sky is green and we have all had it wrong our entire lives," Darius chuckled.

"The daytime sky is a reflection of the ocean's right? Well, the oceans are green ergo, the sky is green," Zander explained as if it all made perfect sense.

"But," Sophie began.

"Don't bother, the only time he speaks is to argue with people about stupid impossible questions," Darius murmured.

"Really? He didn't argue when we were talking about music earlier," Sophie said.

"You kept evading my question, so I gave up," he shrugged. "Find the song you were going to sing at the Jazz club originally and we can argue over whether you made the right choice," he offered.

"We wouldn't argue if you agreed with me," she argued just to be silly.

"The likelihood of that is slim," he grumbled

"You don't even know the song," she said indignantly.

"Hence my question," his grumble got louder.

"Just play it, what's the worst that could happen?" Darius asked.

"Fine," she sighed and scrolled through her Spotify list until she found Nora Jones, Turn Me On and hit play.

"Fuck," Zander drew out the word under his breath. "You definitely made the wrong choice. In fact, I suggest we return to the scene of the crime and correct this injustice!"

"I think not," Darius said, bending his head to kiss the top of Sophie's. "Good choice, Angel." He chuckled as Zander scowled in disappointment and began his argument.

*****