All Comments on '23 and Who?'

by BillandKate

Sort by:
  • 162 Comments
meucimeucialmost 5 years ago
good story

I enjoy your work well written. Just an observation on my part I feel this subject is going to destroy a lot of families I had a Dr, tell me one time that up to 25% of babies are born into families without the father or the kid knowing they are not blood related. Back 20 years ago you couldn't buy a test like this I know in most ways it is a good thing but boy they sure might be a very bad thing too. Sorry I was rambling again well written story.

ag2507ag2507almost 5 years ago
A timely tale.

It has only been in the last fifty odd years that love has been the primary trigger for marriage in a typical western white community. Not so long ago the estimate was some 40% of children were not of their perported father: the more general acceptance of contraception has brought it down to about 10 to 20%; still remarkably high. Research suggests that mother's still unconsciously differentiate between leaders and nurturers and will more likely cheat when ovulating (even though there was no intent to cheat) but the same research suggests that a woman is more likely to conceive with familiar sperm than with any randomly acquired dose: this is a protection against rape. Curiously, familiarity can be acquired orally as well as vaginally. (The research I've read doesn't address anally received DNA but considering how efficiently the colon absorbs anally delivered substances it wouldn't surprise me.) So the notion that it is impossible to get pregnant first time is statistically not completely untrue unless of course you have been slaking your lust anally or orally in which case you raise the odds infinitessably. That little nugget is one every young woman should be aware of and that a condom is a very risky tactic if you have been swallowing for the last few weeks.

The other little nugget is that a woman often keeps traces of all DNA delivered orally or vaginally (or unproven, anally) and these traces can find their way into her subsequent offspring.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

"I swear I thought Jeb was yours"

Sounds like bullshit to me. She fucked Paul bareback, so there was every chance he was the father. Her husband had an affair, so she got her revenge and tricked him into raising a bastard.

What a bitch...

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 5 years ago
Liked it.

And didn't like it. 4* for solid story.

I feel their is more fallout from paternity fraud usually. Having her fuckery being partially due to his obviously offset some ire but nothing says betrayal like true cuckolding and letting your husband raise an asshole's offspring.

I don't have any ire towards the children of such affairs but the children themselves as well as the entire families are usually rocked in situations like these.

I can't really see anyone taking it as well as everyone in this story.

It was still a good shot with a dash of sweet.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 5 years ago
As usual, a good story...

As usual, a good story a good read...4*

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 5 years ago

The story was well written and it is, as mentioned by the authors, different in that the husband is guilty of cheating as well.

It's not my cup of tea because when I see that a guy is cheating I think, "He deserves whatever happens to him." and don't have much interest past that point. This one kind of snuck up on me as the husband's infidelity wasn't revealed until well into the story. But once revealed, I lost enthusiasm but did finish the story.

It's nice that they reconciled and I don't have any real problems with it except the fact that they had been lying to each other and honestly in a relationship is fundamental in my opinion. A relationship founded on lies is unstable.

I recognize my criticism is highly personal and subjective but like a story written differently by including a husband who cheats, the nature of the review reflects that.

ctdansctdansalmost 5 years ago
good story

At first I was pissed that he didn't divorce her 12 years ago when he found out. I know many couples with a shared custody agreement and the kids are fine and even as adults the kids say the parent sharing was no issue. So his reasoning fell flat on me. But when I found out he had a prior affair then it made more sense as in it would be very hypocritical if he calls her slut and leaves. He still could but he didn't.

What really got to me, so good writing as it got to my emotion, was the fact she said it was no revenge fuck. I say it was. She knew of his 8 month long affair but said nothing? Then conveniently she fucks a guy she knows hubby hates? Twice? does not use protection, does not take plan B. To me what she did was worse than him.

But the guy forgave her 12 years ago. So I guess two cheaters find love together.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 5 years ago
Another great one...

Thanks.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts

As has been said in other DNA stories, why does anyone other than the parents need to take the tests? The kids' genealogy should be the same as the parents'. Of course then we wouldn't have the story!

One other thing - Why was Haley so upset at HER cheating being exposed when she knew that Harold had also cheated?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years ago
About a ‘Loving Husbands’ category:

LW has been pretty expansive in what’s allowed here; I don’t see a cheating husbands category as that popular, and if you sneak a LH story on here, it shouldn’t be that big a deal.

Of course, I’m not a site moderator.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Seems like a wash

She did it, he did it. The end. Same great writing as usual, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
4*s

I enjoy reading a story with thoughtful, sober, mature characters. The husband and wife were remorseful. Both had their compassion, guilt, and love working towards forgiveness. It also helped that the cheating each of them did occurred once, decades ago. The main characters were written as being very compatible. If that was intentional by BillandKate, you did real good. Gave you 4*s.

The only negative about "23 and Who?" was the lack of emotional tension, drama.

Maybe we can get the flip side of the story. Now that was probably very dramatic with all the emotions 😯😥😖😡. The Rizzo family. I was left wondering about their divorce. Tony Rizzo, his decision not to say anything. His wife leaving town and was Ted raised in a shared custody agreement, that wasn't clear. Finally, the Paul Mazzetti mishap on Lake Mead ⛵.

Thank you for the very good, entertaining story BillandKate. Hope to read you soon ☺️.

I am

AMerryman

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 5 years ago
Feel good story

Imperfect people who stumble and fall and have the wherewithal to get back up. Redemption is always a pleasing theme. And besides, sinners are always more interesting than saints. That was a satisfying story with sympathetic, believable characters. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What kind of wimp takes her back?

This category has gone down the toilet.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Probably

Should have waited to see who she named as the father.

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 5 years ago
Great Story

One of your best.

KB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Yea Tony!

Harold deserves respect. If you love someone, sometimes you gotta forgive and forget. Most especially when you cheated first. I know some will call you a wimp, and there are always cases where it is just irreconcilable, but explai to me how it is ok for the man and not the woman. I know. 38 years ago I was Harold. And found out it wasn't so exciting and cool when the shoe is on the other foot. Now, after many ups and downs, we have been married a total of 43 years.

But....having said that, it always gives you a warm glow when the Tony Rizzos of the world have a mutual problem with you, and they arrive at a solution.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 5 years ago
Realistic

Full marks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Always different when the wife isn't the only one who cheated

It seems that this idea morphs on its own to encompass the idea of revenge cheating. "Since YOU cheated, I'll cheat too, then its even."

But this wasn't EXACTLY like that. She didn't go looking for revenge, she was just more open to an extramarital event, because she had been Betrayed first! It is true that having a bastard child as a result of the affair is next level when compared to a casual hookup. But cheating before, during, and after the wife's childbirth is ALSO next level betrayal. Add to that the length of time? It is clear that his betrayal was worse. But she evened the score with a pretty severe consequence.

I liked that there was enough good stuff about both of their personalities to help redeem themselves in each other's eyes, but most stories found here seldom reach that level of character development. So good job there.

I still have a problem with the "two wrongs making a right" conundrum that this story presents. That this scenario worked itself out is interesting as a rare glimpse into a potential crisis event, but I think the author did his duty to illustrate that this level of acceptance in and of itself is indeed a rare accounting.

Thank you very much, and have a great day!

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 5 years ago
i guess it was ok

lost me when both ended up cheaters, not really my type of story but was well written as most yalls stories. guess having 2 ppl makes for good editing

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong

Faggot, cuckold bullshit. Below is how a real man reacts to a wife's infidelity:

1. When a real man finds out his wife has cheated he blows up the whole family. He makes sure the woman he loved for many years, and the mother of his children will regret the day she was born till she takes her last breath.

2. He would insist the "bastard" child will know that he is a bastard, unwanted filth. He will be put in the worst foster care in Romania, to make sure that he will go into a life of crime and have a miserable life as well.

3. A real man would even be willing to sacrifice his biological children to get his revenge, by blowing up their world as well so that his cheating whore of a wife will feel extra pain for daring to betray him.

4. A real man is a SAINT. His cheating does NOT count. A real man is a hypocrite.

What a lousy pathetic cuckold shit story where the husbands minimized the fallout and treated the bastard child with love and made sure he and Ted grew up well, and became productive citizens and adults. What kind of shit world are we living in?

Sbrooks103x, that was sarcasm again. Liked the story, except for one part that made me cringe. If any of my lovers pulled me by my ear during sex, or even outside of sex as a joke, I would have gone nuts. Sadly, I'm a hypocrite as I've done the same to many lovers (face fuck while grabbing the ears- yumm). But then again, I've never said that I'm a saint.

Super_Slut_69Super_Slut_69almost 5 years ago
Please give a reference to that paper...

I would love to read that paper if you can provide the reference.

Super_Slut_69Super_Slut_69almost 5 years ago
On destroying families...

I am of two minds on this. I clearly feel that everyone's body is their own. That said, a marriage is a contract between two (for the moment) people whose original intention was to generate and raise the children of that relationship. I believe that at the very least it is emotional fraud, the a sort of man stealing that once a capital crime. To deceitfully arrange for someone to raise a child as his own, to steal the energy and life force of another is in my opinion the worst crime imaginable. If one does this accidentally as this story implies, is one thing, but to hold back that information once discovered is another. I believe if I was in Harold's position I might have been able to forgive the affair, I can imagine myself forgiving the child not being mine, but to have her keep such a secret is beyond forgiveness in my mind.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
@Powesworder

What happened little man? In all your comments when the wife cheats you recommend that the husband needs to cheat as retribution. That’s what she did here. I was so sure you’d be backing her play. LOL.

God, you’re such a know nothing imbecile!

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 5 years ago
I loved this!

I understand the low score. I don't agree with it but I understand it. Both main characters were cheaters. Most LW readers want at least one flawless hero. Of course then there's the fact that they both secretly lived with the knowledge of the other's infidelity.

The thing is, I believe this story is a whole lot closer to real life than most. It is an accurate portrayal of what goes on in millions of homes and it was done extremely well. My hat's off to both of you. 5 stars without a doubt.

fritz51fritz51almost 5 years ago
Liked It A Lot!

Well written with two unique twists made this story one of the best that I've read in a while. It is totally believable that a father raising a son for all those years would not want to alter the relationship with "his" son. Much more important than the DNA is the bonding that occurs as a father changes diapers, teaches a son to throw a ball and choose a pathway in life.

Keep it up B & K - looking forward to your next offering. 5*

pepepilotpepepilotalmost 5 years ago
Good job

While this almost seems a taboo subject in "polite" society, but it is very much a fact of life.

The story was well written and the subject was tastefully handled with a "positive" conclusion. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Another great story from you!

I love your writings and story telling. Thank you.a fan

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 5 years ago
Strong stuff.

We've had "Loving Husbands" stories before.

This isn't even the only one today.

Whether they deserve their own catagorie

or not, is another matter.

Many would argue that "Loving Wives" already

had two catagories (if not more).

I would argue that "Loving Wives" should not be split.

As (for me) it's the only catagorie

where the name doesn't fit the content.

In a funny kind of way.

The same funny kind of way as "No honey,

your ass doesn't look fat in that dress".

As for this story, the morals cross my boundaries.

I'd like to think that I could survive cheating

(Yeah, right! :)), but I could never accept

a cheater and a child outside the partnership.

Some are that flexible, but there is a reason for

that they are few.

Still a strong story with food for thought.

4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
didn't love the idea

as bad as his affair was....he never made his wife raise another woman's child without her knowing.

her excuse was flimsy. 'i thought it was yours'

no, she may have HOPED it was his, but she never verified. that tells me she did not care. i'm a step father, so i can love a small child that is not mine. i truly get that aspect. but your relationship was built on total deception and disrespect on the part of the wife. it's far worse a sin, what she willingly and knowingly did.

the real victims are the son and father. the wife lost literally all empathy and respect from me. she also didn't confront him when she discovered the affair. the small tid bits we get suggest a deep broken psyche in her.

i'd divorce her and keep a close relationship with the child. that level of disrespect is so deep, a relationship cannot exist. he can pretend, but it's a lie. i'm actually okay with flawed people. but her sin is one of my few 'unforgivables'. i think women literally cannot empathize with how awful this is because it cannot happen to them. she'd even get points if she was honest about having another man's baby out of her revenge/selfish desires. it was the deception. he cannot hate this child. but he will. he'll always now be reminded of her betrayal, and on some level....that she wanted him to raise another's child. what a horrible swirl of emotions for the father and son. that's for life! that boy he loves will feel self loathing now, and for no reason. imagine knowing you're the product of a revenge fuck? it's not gonna be easy for that young man.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 5 years ago
I did like the twist about

Ted's father being cuckolded, as well as Harold. I did not care for the fact Harold cheated even more than his wife. It isn't because I don't think husbands can, or will cheat, but it really sucked the sting from the plot. Once we knew both spouses had been cheating, the tension dropped, the solution became simpler and the results much more predictable. That has been done more than a few times in LW and it always lessens the impact of a cheating spouse story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
"You didn't have to say it; all you had to do was screw that bitch from work for the year you two were carrying on your affair before and after Hal was born."

That's where you lost me.

<P>

I hate stories where the writer spends most of the story setting up the one person as the wounded party, creating sympathy for him or her, only to -- out of the blue -- tell is that person is as big an asshole as the other spouse. If anything, they are worse because it makes everything you wrote before that moment a portrayal of hypocrisy.

<P>

It's not a twist, it's shitty writing. The only slight saving grace is that you didn't write it from Harold's POV.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I have to agree with anon

They both had affairs but any and she didn't have to raise about is a child. And that bullshit excuse about she didn't know is bullshit, he looks more like his father and brother every day. At least Harol had the balls to drop his whore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Yeah, these kinds of stories really do tell us more about how the writer is blind to their own demons, than about the story they want to tell.

patilliepatilliealmost 5 years ago
Very good

liked that story, it was simple but to the point, very believable, in how the characters thought and acted. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not fiction -DNA can be a wild ride.

I have been active with DNA sense Ancestry.com started Autosomal DNA. I talked with at least a dozen folks with surprises, although they are often at least 30-75years in the past. One of my friends (75 years old) got an e-mail from a match in Virginia (we are in Minnesota). It turns out he was her father. They connected 2 years ago and it has worked out well for them. He was in the Navy, single in the early 60s and he met the girls mom at a dance and he went out with her 2-3 times and she ended it to date someone else. The girls mom had died 5 years before.His daughter only knew that her father was someone her mom had dated sometime before she got married. She was excited and happy to finally know her dad was and to meet him.

Another case (in my family) We found out a 2nd cousin was not a second cousin. We never did find out who his great grandfather (on his biological fathers side) was, since it was highly likely that it not my great grandfather. Most likely it happened during WWII when his grandfather was in the army) and grandmother was working in a defense plant...hard to tell when the principals are dead, but with Fold3 (military records site ownd by ancestry.com) sometimes you can come close to the truth.

Often it is a case of adoption.

Unfortunately it is not infrequently that incest turns up. Sometimes with DNA testing you pull scabs off the past and it is very troublesome (like in this story). Other times you find relatives you did not know you had and it can be real great.

LVGirlLVGirlalmost 5 years ago
I Guess We Know Why They’re Anonymous

Two commenters complained about sneaking up on the reader with Harold’s affair when it was revealed that Haley knew all about it. It’s obvious that subtlety eludes the commenters as the affair was clearly foreshadowed by Harold’s reflections during the drive home from the Gentleman’s Club.

This was an exceptionally well written story and deserves five stars. Nice job, B and K. Thank you for posting.

Rolando1225Rolando1225almost 5 years ago
Not the same

Not the same. She brought up HER son, he brought up somebody else's instead, and now after Paul is dead or got killed the husband cannot have any kind or revenge. I hate when authors stack the deck against the wife and then out of the blue they create an affair by the husband to equals the scales. Yes, they were both cheaters, only his lover didn't get pregnant. I like your stories, but this one after the great idea of the two affairs of two different women with the same predator, took a predictable end. I was in love with the story until the moment the husband's affair surfaced. The affairs by both spouses about the same time took away the tension, the unexpected end. In addition, he accepted too easy the premise that her affair was not a revenge act for his and she got pregnant during her revenge. It was a good effort, but not your best.

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959almost 5 years ago
The clue was steathily buried

"The Gentlemen's Club across the street seemed to be calling his name. He hadn't been in a strip club since his bachelor party almost thirty years ago. In fact, Harold had only seen one naked woman besides his wife in all those years." To repeat, "...only seen one naked woman besides his wife..."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
It's Called Luffing - When The Wind Goes Out Of The Sail

Why not just call this story "Family Of Trashy Cheaters"?

This is not uncommon. The writer feels the readers must have their indignation dashed by the introduction of a "balancing" force in the plot.

So now both wifey and dad are sleazy cheaters. The problem here is that generally this plot thickener needs another venue, another format to resolve things smoothly. Most probable result: Fail.

This is Loving Wives, not Loving Husbands.

Despite that it was good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well played.

Interesting story with a couple of nice twists. I got my best laugh reading the comments. SO many people act like this is real life and that these are real people. And they seem incensed by the characters actions and words. Give it a rest people. These are fictional characters in an imaginary tale. In real life people are WAY more fucked up than this!

4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Having an affair while your wife is pregnant

That's one of the worst acts I can imagine. He got off lightly.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago
Re: johnadp

"I was so sure you’d be backing her play."

The wife didn't just even the score on a philandering husband by having a revenge affair, she was dumb enough to let herself get knocked up. Tricking her husband into raising some asshole's bastard child is like the nuclear option of revenge. Harold invested decades in raising another man's son, costing him a fortune in money, effort, and emotional energy.

Are you really that stupid that you can't see the difference?

2.08 lol!

kdad9010kdad9010almost 5 years ago
Nice work

“How you've shown a rare manliness in it all”

I love this line. I like the sentiment that he shows he’s a stronger man for loving his wife and son despite the circumstances and hurt he must have felt when he figured it out. It takes a strong man to ignore his ego long enough to forgive and realize people make mistakes (and he couldn’t very well ask for forgiveness if he couldn’t give it...).

Thank you for the tale!

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07almost 5 years ago
Very Nice

Excellent story ... well told, and well written.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
Very nice. And nice twist on commercial DNA searches.

4-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
One of the very few adultery stories that reflect normal human actions and reactions, . . .

with a surprising degree of convincing. It all made sense, except for Ted's father urging him not to condemn his slut mother. Sophia ruined their marriage, and apparently had no regrets or remorse. If only for medical reasons she should have told her son, as should have Haley. It would have made the actions and reactions even more compelling and believable, and would not have had to change the overall outcome. I did think the two bastards joking about being "brothers" in front of Jeb's cuckold father was tone deaf. Who would normally think their fucked over father would find that funny?

Still, well done. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Nice story Infidelity doesnt have to be an end all , All the time

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 5 years ago
Well done. Cinco

Bit creative, bit rational, muy credible

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sucked the big one.

Nothing to see here. Just a bunch of sleazy cheaters all cheating on each other. I was hoping a tornado would come and take away the trailer park where they must all live by the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nicely done!

Your plot line was well crafted; suspenseful; character-focused. I would think it takes some effort, planning and, of course, time to get a story in presentable form. I, for one at least, appreciate your skills and efforts.

bruce22bruce22almost 5 years ago
Well written story

This was a fine example of the problem of having a baby. They both went of the rails when it was the moment for a lot of love between the parents. She really had a good

reason for feeling rejected.

cyferxcyferxalmost 5 years ago
Plot was a bit contrived and ultimately unsatisfying

Seems you don't know how much these kits cost, but it about $200 a shot. Having the whole family take it would require over a thousand dollars. Not likely. Also, as has been pointed out, it would be dumb to spend the money on the children unless you suspected they had different parents than the parents being tested, since they can't get dna from anyone other than their parents. So this was purely to get the son's DNA separate from the parents. It is poor writing when you make your characters do do things to get the plot the way you want. And it was unnecessary as there was no reveal to the father. He knew all along. Same with the mother. So what was the point? To force a conversation he could have had at any time? To humiliate his wife or, worse, his son in front of the whole family? It was unnecessary to the plot, dumb, and unrealistically expensive.

Lastly, the husband's year long infidelity. This comes late, it comes from nowhere. It is a surprise and is contrary to other facts. Did he not see that woman's body when he had sex with her for over a year? It is a cheap way out of writing something hard. I was looking forward to seeing how it would work out when you undercut the entire plot by making him a worse cheater than her and making his cheating the reason he was cuckolded and forced to raise a bastard child. Good job! Ruined the whole story. Now I guess because they are both shitheads, and his shittiness caused her shittiness they might as well stay together now. Crows of a feather and all.

I wonder though why his response wasn't always tempered by the knowledge of his cheating? Why doesn't he ever think that there might be a connection since it was right then that the son was born? He acts like he has no idea that she might have known about his cheating, but why? And why didn't his guilt about cheating figure into staying with all this time? Oh yeah, because you wanted to reveal it late in the story. No, I get it.

One other plot point forgotten, it seems at the end he didn't tell his son about his real father. Did Tony tell his family for nothing or did they decide nothing good would come from telling the truth? If so, you should have wrote that in. Just a little writing tip there.

So the story was too contrived, too manipulative of the reader, and fizzled out in the end. 2*

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Good as is usual

Good story, great writing as is your usual. I don't like cheating by either partner and do not believe revenge cheating evens the scale at all. But to lie about the paternity of a child is so far beyond betrayal that I don't think it is forgivable. You did a good job with making everyone in the families so forgiving and agreeable with the situation. To me, Rizzo is the only character with realistic actions toward his cheating wife and hopefully, to the man who ruined their marrage.

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 5 years ago
Cyfrx

Although not revealed til later I absolutely believe his own affair tempered his reaction. Many husbands would have lost it completely.

Both boys know their sperm donor is Paul Mazzola so they are brothers.

Read it again, slowly, each word, instead of just words that will justify your self-righteous rage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Timely

Enjoyed it, Thanks. This week a Dna testing company started advertising on TV that it would be a great gift for a mother and daughter to do the dna thing for mother's day. Within two seconds I thought, "bet they don't have a similar commercial for father's day!"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
1 star.

Always starts out with wife cheating and then in the end it's the husbands fault...tired of these same bullshit stories!!!

schulz777schulz777almost 5 years ago
stupid story about

two stupid ppl

2starrs

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Read

Having read this,don't go on with your promise to write some more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Wether I find out 1 day , , one year or 30 years I’d dump her and never look back. Having him raise another mans kid on top of tucking someone he hated is betrayal of the highest degree. No coming back from that

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 5 years agoAuthor
Our Thoughts & Comments

As always,, thanks to all of you who enjoyed the story and gave us positive feedback.

We decided to leave the comments from all the sick fucks out there that either can't understand this is fiction or are so full of hate that they attack us with venom. Please stay in your basements (after Kate read the last few comments, she used language I rarely hear from her, "Go tell them to fuck themselves"). That's my girl.

To sbrooks who wondered why the siblings would test themselves, not just the parents: A child only receives 50% from each parent and siblings don't get the same 50%. Look it up.

To those who thought the husband's infidelity came out of nowhere; sorry, you didn't catch the two earlier references to his affair. LVGirl and Thunderfoot caught it and we thank you both for commenting for us.

To the comment that we blamed the husband for the wife's affair - no, we didn't. But, the husband's actions, his affair, did have consequences. That's real world. It doesn't excuse the wife's affair or imply two wrongs make a right; it just means his wife wouldn't have been in a position to be tempted by the sleazebag if he hadn't been screwing his co-worker. That's all.

To the commenter that wrote Ted was tone-deaf by joking about his relationship to Jeb to Harold. Yes, he was tone deaf, because he's a twenty-two year old kid and twenty-two year old kids are often tone deaf.

Which brings up the fact that Kate and I write stories with flawed people in our stories. If you're looking for perfect people - stop reading our stories. Please don't waste your time telling us how much our characters aren't as perfect as you must be.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 5 years ago
You must have struck a nerve...

There is a lot of negative comments to this story. You must have struck a nerve. I, on the other hand, really liked it (4*s). I liked the way that you showed how a relationship; even love isn't always destroyed by one betrayal. Hal and Haley love one another to the point that they were both willing to overlook the others infidelity in order to stay together. Infidelity most certainly changes a relationship, but it doesn't necessarily kill it. You did a really good job. I'm looking forward to more.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 5 years ago
don't agree

with the negative comments. Great story. A little forgiveness goes a long way in life.

ttom76ttom76almost 5 years ago
Fun but ...

it seems as though the excuse for either spouse is that their spouse cheated first. Reconciliation is OK when both cheat. Someone once wrote a funny piece about cliches in Loving Wives. This could be added to it.

Since both parents knew, when the DNA test was proposed, that was the time to talk to their son, not sandbag him in front of everyone. Heck, he could have even used his father's "mix" to stop any gossip.

Thanks, 5 stars as it was well written and got the emotions out.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessalmost 5 years ago
"One of the recent comments to an earlier story asked why we never had the husband committing adultery"

Is that what the comment meant? Stories where just the wife or just the husband cheat are good. Stories where it's both are "So what? Who cares then?" This might as well be a story where no one cheated. Boring, no one to root for.

He was a selfish piece of shit for a few months many years ago, she was less of a selfish piece of shit many years ago, but got knocked up, lied for decades about it after realising. Just two shitty things combining to make a snoozefest about shitty people who were fine in the end.

I hope the Game of Thrones finale isn't like this. They'll all just sit down together and say look, we've all done some bad things, a few people's dads got killed, there were some wars and shit, but let's just forget about it and have a nice dinner.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nice twists

Nicely written, good plot twists, but you can tell it was written by a husband and wife team. There were a lot of good and viable comments both for good and bad on the story. Sometimes you have to figure out the moral of the story, if there is one. The forgiveness angle makes the most sense, but didn't really ring true for me in this story. It just seemed to me it came out more like two wrongs make a right. I guess for that reason it left me wanting. But all in all, great writing good plot twists.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What a copout!

And the husband had an affair too...make your excuses about the why's and the wherefor's it is nothing but a copout! Couldn't bother to read any further than that....why not have him fathering other kids too....just shit...a good story goes south in a hurry! Gave it a 1.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

A good story until the bad ending. Her cheating was a lame excuse

vsteinvsteinalmost 5 years ago
Excellent stories

I was able to read most of your stories on a two day binge read. I love Karin. I appreciated that none of your characters are 'pure as the driven snow'. I think "The Wrong Man" was my favorite - all characters had flaws, it was believable.

I know you are fond of Tasers so I'm including this little story:

Pocket Taser Gun For A Gift

Just try reading this without laughing till you cry!!!

Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife.

A guy who purchased his lovely wife a pocket Taser for their

Anniversary submitted this:

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our 15th anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my wife Julie. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety....?? WAY TOO COOL!

Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and

Pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs. AWESOME!!!

Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-A batteries, right?

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions

And thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target.

I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want

Some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and taser in another. The directions said that a one-second burst would

Shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.

All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5 "' long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference; pretty cute really and (loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-A batteries) thinking to myself, 'no possible way!'

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best...?

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side as to say, 'don't do it dipshit,'

Reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and . HOLY MOTHER OF GOD . ... WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION . . . WHAT THE HELL!!!

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again.

I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs?

The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.

Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a taser, one note of caution: there is no such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor.. A three second burst would be considered conservative?

SON-OF-A-BITCH, THAT HURT LIKE HELL!!!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace.

The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was. My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the drooling.

Apparently I shit myself, but was too numb to know for sure and my sense of smell was gone.

I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head which I believe came from my hair. I'm still looking for my nuts and I'm

offering a significant reward for their safe return!!

P. S. My wife loved the gift, and now regularly threatens me with it!

'If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid.'

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 5 years agoAuthor
To: vstein

Thanks for reading and we're glad you enjoyed our stories. We appreciate your kind comment. And thanks for this morning's chuckle with the taser tale.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Good read

Very good story on how to forgive but never forget, 5 stars. Oh and that teaser story had me snorting diet coke out of my nose.

QuintiusQuintiusover 4 years ago
Agree with Anon 5/29/19

I dialed out as soon as I read that Harold had an affair. He lost all credibility, all my sympathy and became a flaming hypocrite. After that I simply didn't care if they stayed together or not and skimmed the rest of the story. Poor decision in plotting out the storyline, honestly.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
even if the husband did cheat

he had enough sense not to get her pregnant. This was just another attempt at justifying his being a cuckold. The ultimate cuckold really, also I wouldn't put it past her to have the baby for revenge. There nothing more hurtful than having him raise her bastard from her lover.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What a nonsens!

He cheated, yes and thats unforgivable; but she cheated and got pregnant! And after her knowledge that the son wasnt her husband's she withhold her knowledge! And thats not only unforgivable its a dealbreaker!! She let her husband rise the bastard kid!!! He is not only a cuckold he is an idiot to stay with that slut! And be aware "two wrongs do not make a right"!

jazzharpjazzharpabout 4 years ago
The shaving down there is a turn off

Too bad you had to inject that into the story. Still gave it a 5. I'm just saying.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

"He thinks he's Ted's half-brother and that you're his biological father" - He IS Ted's half-brother, just a different father.

@Thunderfoot1959 - That line about "one naked woman besides his wife" went right over my head!

I agree with HDK that making him a cheater, while maybe a good twist, took all the air out of the story.

Re: Shaved pussies, while I like SOME shaving, I don't care for totally bald. A neat landing strip does the trick.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago
Another good story

Liked it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The both repugnant individuals

If I was Jeb I'd have nothing to do with either of them

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

Great story! But then all your stories are great. I habitually rate all your stories a 5.

It's also dangerous to poke a hornet's nest with a stick if you're an old fat guy like me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
From carvohi

Three comments...

1. Imperfect people make mistakes. So we have imperfection, but we do have a loving story. Excellent!!!

2. You got praise from Longhorn; a true mark of distinction. I should ever be so lucky.

3.Your stories run in the 4.00-4.50 range because too many angry people want something you won't provide, an unrealistic story line. So what, you're telling excellent tales that certainly hold my attention. It's like this; if I want a Big Mac I'll read Just Plain Bob, if I want something thoughtful I'll come visit you.

Jedd Clampett (carvohi)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I know it makes me less of a man , and somewhat insecure

But the story lost its way for me when it turned out the husband cheated , and cheated more. How can I maintain my righteous indignation when they are both guilty ? Pick a side ! I can ride the husband or the wife out in a rail of contempt , but only feel sadness when they both cheat , even in revenge. I guess it is my junk , my fetishism these erotica stories ; that of moral indignity. Reconciliation or divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Reply to Anonymous 05/23/20

I just love that comment!

Shows a rare courage to look into yourself with humor. You must either be a truly excellent person, or one of the few who has the opportunity to be.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Very good

Wonder how often this has happened since DNA testing has become so easy to get. Good story well written. Really like your style and writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Writing good 3 stars

Content

Count not

Harold and Hal hard to know who referred to whom

Both cheaters

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Yep, just sad

It was just sad, left me feeling that there is no hope in marriage. Not worth it, if you don't cheat, the partner will. Guess there are no people that can live by their convictions. Why bother, its all a lie.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago
Not got

Not a fan of multiple cheating spouses

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Well told story - not sure I'd be forgiving enough to raise another's child.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice human story.

People make mistakes and poor choices. Both did here. Forgiveness and reconciliation can happen, though after cheating it is always hurts and forgiveness is never easy. All of this is shown well by this story. On a specific point raised by commentators - the affairs were not the same No, no two affairs ever are. On one hand she only cheated twice, and in circumstances where she was feeling down because of his cheating. He cheated for a year. OTOH she had her lover's child, and he raised it. You can't really balance whose affair was worse. In her defence, she didn't know whose child it was initially. Men (and women) can love children they have raised who are not biologically theirs, after all adopted children and products of donor insemination are often loved. Should each have come clean sooner - yes, but they are only human.

One point I do agree with, having both cheat should not be necessary for forgiveness and reconciliation, although it may make it easier for both to understand why the other did it. However two wrongs do not make a right, and forgiveness, and the cheaters repentance must relate to the specific act, irrespective of what the other did. I think that is the case here, both parties forgiveness and repentance is not dependent on the other having also cheated.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

A great story to read again. Since I first read this, my wife and I did one of these DNA things. I was mostly Scottish and Scandinavian as I expected. One big surprise was the 3% Native American. If Elizabeth Warren is a Indian , just call me Cochise.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago
Totally Excellent!

This story is totally worth reading over again! This is my second time through. It deals well with the fragility and strength of the human race.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Character Insight

Honestly, I read this story because of the DNA test subject matter. Thanks for taking on this topic. I turned out to be a clueless Jeb who was blindsided by an “innocent” DNA test (it was a Christmas gift). I know the story centers on the couple, but let me tell you from my experience, and those of others I’ve met, the impact on your self-identity, ability to trust and general well being is profound. Smiling and reacting with “I can’t believe this bum’s my brother!” Was hardly the reaction most would have. I only wish my parents were alive to see how they would have dealt with the truth.

BillandKateBillandKateover 3 years agoAuthor

To Anonymous, Character Insight.

It was not our intention to minimize the trauma of learning that what you thought was the truth is not - especially regarding such a serious matter. Ted's statement was our attempt to reflect: 1. the joy of learning his lifelong friend is also his brother. 2. His immature inability to express in words how he feels after learning the truth of his paternity, so he makes light of it to sound macho. and 3. He's still a young man and we all know how tone deaf most young men can be.

Please accept our apologies if we came off as tone deaf as well. Thanks for your comment.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago
Why is he considered a real man if he stays

But if he’s true to himself. And can’t raise the slut Adulteress offspring, then he’s not a man. Looking at some of the unbelievable cuckold reviews, then what makes her a woman?

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

All this is amounting to is a pussy and a wimpy cuckold story! That's it. I wish I could give negative stars for this shitty RAAC bullshit!

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

Another great story from Bill and Kay. Your writing style and content continues to impress. This story of how both cheated once and their marriage still survived was great, but as the author said it is the exception rather than the rule. Well done 5 stars

norcal62norcal62about 3 years ago

The Jason Statham look? Oh gag. Can't imagine what woman would like that look. Reminds me of D. Trump Jr. and his ugly mug.

Good story.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Jason Statham look, what would that woman would like that look. Reminds me of that crackhead loser Hunter Biden, Uncle Squints black sheep son who is so inept that even the Democrats can’t find him a job.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

5 for this story. Yes, when both cheat at almost the same time it can get a bit difficult. However, you just have to suck it up and be there for the kids. Eventually, sometimes years later, you get some of that spark back. 40 years later you look back and still feel the intense pain of having to give up your soulmate, because you found her too late and you know the difference between a lust relationship and soulmate.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

I have to agree with the other. Its funny how they both cheated yet a lot of commenters here seem to think that his punishment is raising someone else's kid. Or he needs to suck it up. Its also funny how some are accepting of it. But its as another commenter said, its paternity fraud and she deserves to be divorced. So it is nothing more than a RAAC story.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Usually I am a fan of this/these writers but rarely do these "I just did what you did" types of stories really pull of what they attempt and this is no exception.

And yes, those that have commented that what she did was worse, are correct. Neither did the right thing, but quite honestly having someone else baby and NOT telling the husband would, in the real world, give her all the freedom she could want. What he did would as well. As much as I hate to say it, but factually there ARE differing degrees of cheating/disrespecting a spouse. If I got drunk and fucked a woman, and then my angry wife then went out and pulled a weekend long train...the scales arent even remotely balanced.

And no, there is no such thing as manning up when your spouse bears anothers child. Those who say it, are the types that think raising another mans child is an awesome sexual fetish they wish upon themselves, though generally they want it to be a black baby. Yes, those are the cucks blabbering. Very few and I mean VERY few would survive this story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBillandKate@BillandKate
2472 Followers
Husband and wife who love to bounce ideas off each other and who enjoy the Loving Wives category of Literotica. We'll keep writing stories - some with BTB, some with reconciliation - as long as the feedback has been mostly positive. The Anom. gallery can be a pain in the ass a...