A Bets a Bet

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"WAIT WHAT!" Morso screamed as she watched the man step away while holding a large fastener.

The surly man stepped away, slapping the launch button with a laugh. The guttural scream of terror sounding like music to his ears as the two were launched into the sky by the large bungee bands attached to the cage.

Morso screamed in terror, she felt like her stomach fell out of her butt and was left on the platform. Her fists gripping the shoulder harness with all her might as her knuckles went white and her legs tried to kick like hell. She could feel pain in her throat as her vocal cords were thrashed in fear, her lungs emptying and causing her to cough and choke on her spit. Gasping for breath, only to let another scream of terror loose into the night.

The ball sailed into the sky, the smell of ocean breeze on their noses as the seagulls heckled the screaming woman with their nasally cries. Reaching the end of its stretch and slowing, the two occupants pressing forward against the harnesses as inertia tried to take them out to sea. Then shooting backwards, forcefully springing back to earth, only stopping once the bungee bands became taught. Slinging them forward once again, bouncing back and forth as the bungees energy was spent and the cage came to dangle in air.

Morsos screams continued, but dwindled down as the cage slowed and a nervous calm came over her. The lights of the festival below gave the scenery an almost warm glow, but the dark sky above them was eerie and silent. Only interrupted by laughter.

Laughter from him.

She looked at him, about to scream at him that what he did was cruel and reckless.

But the smile on his face looked so happy, she bit her lip but the scowl on her face was still apparent. She let him have his fun, quietly waiting for him to look at her, his laugh dwindling down to a chuckle. Then falling silent as he smiled, the cage rocking slightly as it was lowered back to the ground.

"...My Dad and I used to ride this."

Morso heard his comment, quiet pain masked by a smile.

"When we would get to the top, he'd always make me spit with him. Right before we spring back, we'd both try and see how far we could get it to fly."

Morso watched him hang his head slightly.

"It's stupid, but it was fun."

Morso chewed her lip for a moment, then speaking, "Your father, he sounds like he was liked by a lot of people. Are you doing alright?"

Rodes nodded, wiping his eyes and taking a deep breath, "I'm fine, Dad wasn't one for being sad or letting people worry over him. He didn't go in pain or in a hospital, just passed in his sleep."

"You haven't talked about him much." Morso said.

"Nothing to say, I knew they were having trouble, I tried to move to working remotely with the company. But they couldn't make it happen, so I put out a few resumes and found one of our competitors was more than happy to hire me. I put in my two weeks notice, the last Friday in the office I found out Dad was starting to get worse. So after I-"

Pausing and side stepping his original thought.

"So that weekend I caught the train and I came back and promised to stick around. He passed the next night, he lived a good life. He was happy. I think he let go when he knew Mom was going to be taken care of." Rodes shrugged. "We were raised to not fear death, it's just part of living. It's the easiest part of living, getting to the end and finally getting to rest."

"That's sad, the best parts of living should be something you enjoy, not the end when you're done with it all." Morso countered, furrowing her brow as she grasped that she had no right to tell him how to live. Remembering how she spent countless days in an office chair rather than enjoying herself.

"It's not saying that living isn't great, just that death shouldn't be somber. Like it's not a bad thing." Rodes said, feeling the cage re-engage the safety latches as they made it back to earth. He watched the laughing surly operator coming to unbuckle them.

"But that's so dark, you make it sound like you're looking forward to dying." Morso said.

Rodes looked at her with a raised brow, he could see she was her same stubborn self. It was almost endearing, "Morso, I'm not looking forward to dying."

"Then tell me what you want in life?"

Morso said the words but didn't think the look on his face would be so full of pain, she could see he retreated from the question. Shaking his head he stood and stepped away from the cage, Morsos eyes followed him; not letting him out of her sight. She stood once she was free and approached him, "Rodes?"

"Morso, you can't get mad at people for their beliefs. If they have their mind made up, for what they want or the life they have planned, it's not fair to get mad at them when they don't go your way."

"But you'd change it if you could."

The air between them hung still, Rodes looking hurt by the comment as he stayed silent. People on the street passing by with smiles and laughter, the two staying silent as they didn't dare speak next. One not knowing what to say, one feeling they spoke without thinking.

"I'm not going back to the city, Morso." Rodes said, beginning to walk down the street.

Morso felt her chest tighten, "That's not what I meant-" her words dulled out by the sound of music and people, she reached for him. Only to find him pulled out of her grasp before her hand could land on him.

"There you are, I was wondering if I'd get a dance with you tonight." Ms. Gwen said as she wrapped an arm around Rodes and began to pull him to an area with couples dancing in pairs.

Morso was fast on their heels as she watched him being guided to an open area, a stage with performers singing about swinging your partner. She felt her gut twist as the women who stole him wrapped her hand around his lower back while holding her other up. Rodes's hand holding the outstretched one and holding on as she began to spin them around. Hips swaying and chests bumping together, her bubbly eyes matching his as she held onto him for dear life.

"Gwennys got her catch for the night!" someone chanted.

Morso looked to the voice and then back to the two, seeing Rodes wearing a look of melancholic content as he was spun. Their hips matching the rhythm as the onlookers tapped their feet and cheered in time with the music. Morso could hear the lyrics of catching your partner and thanking the sea, pulling the catch and pulling your lover. Growing the family, growing together, chants of time together was not time wasted.

She felt it, tar frothing and churning like the sea they praised. Building to a crescendo that would dwarf any of her previous conflicts. Meetings over quarterly numbers, bullshit teleconferences, wasted time over excel documentation for shareholder grievances. Fuck that, it didn't matter, a beast inside stomped with something feral.

Something barbaric, the innate sense to claim what should be hers. To beat those who would oppose her stake and wish to divide that which she would fight tooth and nail for. Something ancient that resided in all who found what mattered. Powered by conviction, grown by hope and want, it laughed as it was recognized. Her mind abiding by her heart, bowing to its will as it pushed her forward. Stomping through the crowd, the sight of the muffin slinging harlot that dared to touch him.

Rodes felt Ms. Gwen stumble and stop, he wondered if he'd finally be free to continue on with his night. Maybe try the local breweries his Dad used to mention, he loosened his grip on her and saw she was looking behind him. "Thanks for the dance, but I should be going." He said as he stepped back.

Ms. Gwen only glared, turning up her nose as she crossed her arms.

Rodes was about to ask what she was upset about when he felt he should turn around. Pursing his lips he looked back, finding a heavy pair of breasts at eye level with him. Only one woman could have that kind of figure, looking up, he saw it.

Red eyes that looked to be full of wrath, the woman seemed to be fuming anger. Her aura almost causing fire to burst from the streets and brimstone to fall from the sky. Her shoulders rolled as her arms flexed, he wasn't sure. But she had a look like she might skin Ms. Gwen alive before flinging the woman into the sea as she cried her furious victory.

Rodes felt anger rising up in himself.

......

When Rodes was younger, he always knew he was a little different from other boys. His brothers didn't seem to understand, his sisters didn't seem confident he would find it, but tried to be supportive. His Dad almost fell out laughing when he told him, causing his prepubescent face to turn red as he pouted and curled in on himself.

"Now boy, there ain't nothing wrong with liking a girl that's got a bit of fire in 'er." He had told him.

Rodes was eight when he realized his first crush, innocent and young he didn't know what this could mean. But when he saw Stacy taking candy from the younger boys, he could swear his heart almost stopped beating. The way she could strike fear into the other kids on the playground, everyone else avoiding her, with him hoping she'd notice him.

Once he was older he found he didn't follow his friends conversations about girls, big breasts or round butts didn't strike him. He appreciated a girls figure, but he never saw a physical feature to fawn over, he wasn't even too particular about what was in their pants. He found his high school sweetheart while hanging out with that same friends group.

As they attended the schools soccer championship, the girls team on the verge of losing and the crowd in a total roar. Their schools goal keeper took a kick to the face, the cleat of an opposing team members foot tearing open the skin on her forehead. The crowd held their breath as they watched their goalie get up, fire in her eyes as blood ran down her face, saving them from losing. He remembered how she scowled, power and fury with a braided pony tail, he couldn't join everyone else in standing and cheering. Less they would have seen him in a painfully hard state.

Rodes loved powerful women. Women that could instill fear in a man with just their gaze. The kind of woman who could topple a monarchy with a sword and sheer force of will. The kind of woman who not only stares into the abyss, but reaches in. Plunging her hands into the filth to yank the boogeyman out of his shadowed hiding.

The kind of woman who stood unwavering under confused gazes, halting a song and dance as she had her way.

Burning red eyes that looked onto a lesser being that may try to intrude on what she wants. Glaring at the woman behind him, so brazen to lay an undeserving hand on the supple flesh of the man that belonged in her own bed.

Rodes felt anger rising up, his face twisting. His entire being almost shaking, not from fear. But hope.

"Do you need something, Ms. Coworker?"

Rodes saw that hateful stare. This is why he had to blindfold her, had to hide those eyes away from his site. She may have hated what he did, who wouldn't be upset if their coworker used a bet to have their way with them.

But.

But what if she didn't hate it?

What if instead of grimacing and telling him no, she told him to take it.

What if under that blindfold was a set of wanting and powerful eyes, a pair of snarling lips. Telling him to take it, telling him to be her worshipping slut, even if just for the night.

Pushing herself deeper, rocking hips as sweat formed on her brow. Breast squeezed between her arms as she held his head in place, fucking his throat as if it was her personal flesh light. His mewling cries of want as he felt himself stretched to take her, every bit of veiny wrath that could break a man. Hissing breath as she came from his work, he begged before, but what if she didn't give him the chance. Pumping his throat like a whores womb as his eyes rolled and he felt his belly filled. Every creamy drop gulped down as he pawed at her body, begging for all of her.

He wouldn't be surprised if he popped, gushing cum in his own pants as he tasted her, waves of ecstasy crashing over him as he licked her clean. Polishing every bit of the righteous tool, leaving his face resting against her thigh and hoping he did well enough. Good enough that she may find another way to sate her desire.

"I think he's done dancing with you." Morso said, steady and hateful.

Ms. Gwen scoffed, "Oh don't be so jealous, if he wants to dance with me that's fine, come here Rodes-ee." She reached out her hand, going for his shoulder, firm and lean. She let an onery thought of the man underneath her play out in her mind. His gasping lips as her pussy devoured him whole, no chance to pull out, she would take it all.

The pain in her wrist snapped her back to reality, her hand torquing upward as her elbow bent with pain. Looking up she saw the beast leaning over her, teeth bared and ready for combat.

"Continue, and you will regret it."

Ms. Gwen heard the statement, pulling her arm and trying to get away.

"I will break you in half and burry you in the fucking sea."

Ms. Gwen gulped, feeling the powerful grip and seeing the woman wasn't bluffing. Gritting her teeth she stepped away, yanking her arm back and coddling it against herself once it was free. Looking around the silent crowd she pouted, "Is anyone going to help, look at this fucking gorilla!"

"Oh Gwen don't be mad a shark took your catch!" one of the guys called out. With a series of laughter the people clapped, the band taking their cue began to play again.

"Oh shut up Marthal, don't come to my store anymore!" Ms. Gwen yelled back.

"Oh come on, don't be like that!"

Morso glared at the woman as she left, feeling someone touch her arm she looked down to him. Rodes matching her gaze as he looked back up to her with contempt on his face.

"Morso, come on." He said in exasperation.

"Rodes-" she said as he walked passed her, she turned and followed him. Seeing smiling faces giving her a thumbs up and receiving a few pats on the back as they left the dancing people behind.

......

"What did they mean by 'shark stole your catch'?" Morso asked, breaking the silence as they walked down the sidewalk.

Rodes rolled his eyes, "It's just a stupid saying, just like the rest of this stupid festival." He said, tired of the night. His attention was grabbed by the sound of distant thunder, the booming over the ocean and gust of wind gave him goosebumps. Looking to the horizon and seeing the full moon illuminating a storm rolling in, "Dammit." He said under his breath.

Morso looked at him, following his eyes and looking out, the moonlight illuminating the clouds coming in. "Is that bad."

"Just another stupid fucking thing that people are going to say is part of the festival!" he said, stomping down the sidewalk. He heard his phone ring, reaching into his pocket he pulled it out, seeing it was one of his sisters calling he answered. "Hello?"

"Hey, Charlie got sick so we came home early. Moms good but there is a storm coming in, so why don't you stay in town at one of the hotels?"

Rodes grit his teeth, "Not funny, I'm not spending the night with her at a hotel." He hissed.

Morso heard him grumbling something into the phone, stepping closer she tried to listen.

"Well we already kind of took the truck and booked you a room at the Ship Wreck inn."

"What the fuck!?"

"Oh Junior don't be mad, take it as one last night you get to hang out with your friend without being bugged by the family!"

Rodes was about to counter her statement, but hearing the beep he looked at his phone and saw she hung up on him. "Dammit."

Morso looked at him, "What's wrong?"

He rolled his eyes, "There's a storm coming, and we're stranded here."

"What are we gonna do?" she asked.

Rodes felt butterflies in his stomach, his internal being trying to squash the damn things under a heavy footed stomp. "Come on." He said with a bit of snarl.

Morso followed behind him, seeing he was hurriedly walking down the street and taking a turn. Moving quickly he made another turn, hanging his head he stepped up a few stone steps and pushed a door open. Her eyes reading the name of an inn as they entered and she followed him to the front counter.

The receptionist rested the telephone back on the counter, "Hello, please give me a moment as I finalize another guests reservation." With a few more clicks and a smile she looked up to the two, "Now, checking in?"

Rodes sighed, "My family already made a reservation, Arbithy."

The woman typed away, smiling as she looked at the screen, "Yes, second floor, room 210. The view from the deck is amazing!" she said with a bit of excitement. "Although you won't be able to see much of the ocean with the closing storm."

Rodes scoffed, "Yea no, nothings closed."

The woman raised her brow and pouted slightly, looking at Morso with awkward hesitation. "Um- sorry...but it is only one bed."

"Of fucking course they would." He grumbled.

The woman tried to recover, "But the couch does pull out, so I'm sure you- or your friend- could find a way to make it through the night on it."

"Do you have any other rooms?"

She shook her head, "Sorry, a large chunk of them were already booked, and now with the storm coming-... well, you know the old saying."

Rodes dropped his head in surrender, "Fine, whatever, not your fault. We'll take it."

He took the key and headed for the stairs, pausing he turned to Morso, "Do you want to go in first and do your thing, I can just sleep on the pull out."

"What are you going to do?"

Rodes looked to the doorway to his left, happy to see the neon letters of the inn's bar still illuminated. "Hit that bar and get a drink."

"Can I get a drink with you?"

Rodes looked at her, the hateful glare gone and the concerned look she had been wearing since she arrived had now returned. "Yea, yea you can." He made his way to the bar, pushing open the door and going in. He took a stool and propped his elbows on the counter.

Morso did the same, seeing a man come over and ask for their order, she heard Rodes order a double rum and coke. Looking at her she asked for a gin and tonic, the thought crossed her mind to order a double as well. But the man was already gone, she sighed and looked at the bar top.

They sat in silence for most of the night, slowly sipping their alcohol and watching the storm through the windows of the bar area. The rain coming down and pelting the glass softly as the bar filled with more and more people.

Morso kept hearing references to the rain being the closing storm, looking around she could see all sorts of couples in the bar. Every single one of them looking like they were stricken with some kind of plague that made them want to hold each others hands. Smiling as they locked eyes, whispers into one another's ears, blushing cheeks and giggling. Looking around she felt like her and Rodes were the odd balls out as they kept their hands off of each other.

"Another one?"

Morso looked at the bartender, nodding, but then calling out to him. "Hey, what is the closing storm?"

Rodes rolled his eyes, "I'm going to the bathroom." Slipping from the stool and stepping away before he could hear the all too familiar explanation.

"It's what they call it when a day of the festival gets rained out." The bartender said, "People in town say when enough couples have matched up, the sea will send a storm. So all the new love birds will run home and start making babies."

Morsos face must have showed shock as the man apologized, "Sorry, it started as an old wives tale to keep the children from crying about the festival ending too soon."

She nodded, letting him make her another drink, seeing it put down in front of her she stopped him again. "Just one more question, what is a shark?"

The man looked at her like she was dumb.